Tales of the Lost
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Tales of the Lost

The Secret!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Tristan' letter

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Tristan' letter Empty Tristan' letter Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:58 pm

Admin

Admin
Admin

Dear diary I have a little story for you, I am finally getting through Tristan’s barriers he’s slowly letting me in and I hope soon I will know everything.
I was looking through his drawings when one fell on to the floor it was folded, I looked to the floor and it was gone, I looked over to Tristan who was in his man chair, yes I have named his chair, sad I know, he was playing with that dam ipod, he loved that thing I glared at him.
"What was that?" I asked politely
He shook his head "It was nothing."
I demanded to know what it was but he wouldn’t tell me. I thought for a split second I should use my gift but seeing Tristan in pain would haunt me, so I turned around looking at the other drawings he had done. Tristan’s hand came from no where and closed his scrap book, his scent wrapped around me, red berries with a hint of spice, I remember this scent well, I used to use berries in my potions to poison the people who annoyed me. He was my poison I guess that’s why I was attracted to the smell.
"Why won’t you show me?" I asked him again, he was keeping something from me and this would not do, if we are bound together for eternity there can be no secrets between us. A thought popped into my mind and I heard her name ring in my ears. I looked down to the floor Tristan was kissing my neck while his other hand had pulled me into his embrace.
"Was it that girl?" I asked I felt the last kiss linger.
He didn’t speak to me he stopped kissing me too, his chin rested on my head. he took in a deep breath, pointless I thought vampires don’t need to breathe but its just natural to do so, I guess he wanted to let me know I had annoyed him, bringing up her in conversation, he always went cold when I or any one bought up his old life or her, every one knew about this Amelia and that she had a hold on Tristan even though no one knew anything about her, we just knew the fear it had caused when he tried to kill Sarah thinking it was this Amelia. I know that sounds odd to you diary we are cold creatures but it doesn’t feel that way when your with others of our kind. Tristan is the only one who makes me feel warm and soft I hope no one else gets to see this soft side of me, I will have to work extra hard to make sure that no one but Tristan see's that, even my brother doesn’t really get to see this soft side, yes I favour his company more then the others and I am a little softer around my brother but with Tristan I am like this different person, speaking of my brother I haven’t really seen him, not my fault and not Tristan’s fault either he just refuses to see me, it should make me feel sad and angry that my brother doesn’t want me with him but I don’t care because I have Tristan, maybe I only have enough love for one person I am sure when my brother gets over this tantrum I will push to show more affection towards him but not while he is acting like a boy.

Jealousy started to eat me up inside maybe the reason why he didn’t want to tell me was because he was still in love with her or that if he thought about her he wouldn’t want me, stupid childish thoughts, but I had never had a relationship if you can call it that.
"You are being quite today what are you thinking about?" Tristan asked.
"I was wondering why you want to keep things from me." I said rather cruelly I liked to say what I think; I don’t care if it hurts people’s feelings I don’t have to worry about them so why should I hold back. Tristan turned me around and his green eyes grew wide.
"Why can’t you just leave the past where it is why do you need to keep bringing it up?"
"Because I want to understand what scares you."
"What so you can throw it in my face when you’re angry with me I don’t think so?" Tristan backed away from me he didn’t turn his back in fear I might pounce I guess.
"Yes Tristan that’s what I want to know your fear to use it to my ability of course wow your so clever Tristan, I thought I had you fooled." I walked out of his door he called after me and I ignored him. I saw Felix smiling joy he will love this.
"Felix." I acknowledged his presence I had to be polite he was part of this family even if I didn’t like him much anymore for choosing Sarah who he loves so much, it’s rather laugh worthy that he can’t have her.
"What’s this Jane are you and Tristan having an argument already you have only just got together I hear."
Dam Chelsea I thought, her mouth needs to wired shut, and Tristan was at my side.
"No we went having an argument Felix we where having a discussion weren’t we Jane." Tristan wrapped his arm around me I wanted to push him off but I knew Felix would enjoy that. Felix smiled and carried on to where he was going probably to see the happy meal to get his fix off her ugliness.
"Jane please you know how hard this is for me can we just not drop it?"
"No Tristan we can not drop it."
Felix was no where to be seen but I heard him call out to me.
"Ohh Jane, Sarah and I are looking after your brother for you so you carry on with your discussion with Tristan" I growled and Tristan held me.
"Let me go" I demanded.
"No come on lets go some where no one can hear us." Tristan pulled me along with him but I was wanting to go and see Felix to ask him what his problem was he is such a coward he couldn’t say it to my face he had to run away and shout it to me, stupid immortal. It was probably Sarah who put him to it.

Tristan took me into town, it was dark and no one was around we walked around for a while and I calmed down forgetting Felix's little dig at me.
"Jane I love you and I tried not to but you have won me over and I don’t see how knowing about my past will help."
"Is it because you have done bad things because I really don’t mind in fact I would like to hear some scary stories?"
"Ha no Jane its not because I was bad well in some respect, but this is what I can’t get my head around we are so different, you love pain and seeing fear in others, I don’t, I hate it, I hate that I have to kill to keep existing but I am too selfish to stop, I hate that I have this fear and you look forward to hearing it."
"I am sorry Tristan but that’s who I am and I have never given you any reason to think differently."
"Look Jane what I am saying is you don’t chose love, it chooses you and I chose you even though you’re completely evil and have this strange sense of humour and no one really likes you and everyone is scared of you, but I get it and that makes you who you are."
"I am sorry Tristan but what are you on about?"
"Ohh It’s nothing Jane it doesn’t matter."
"Yes it does matter tell me?"
"Let’s get back." he asked tugging my hand
"No I want to know what you’re talking about?"
"Jane please let’s just go."
I shook my head and crossed my arms like a little girl who was about to stamp her foot, pathetic but it worked he opened up to me for the first time it looked like I would get see Tristan’s human life, the secrets he held close, this Amelia girl would finally be explained to me.
Ohh the thing he was trying to explain to me in the town was that he thought the reason I wanted to know about Amelia was because I was jealous and wanted to compete with her she was his first love, Tristan was my first love and there was no way I was competing with someone I do not know and to be honest don’t practically care about. ok I am rambling diary I am sorry I will get to the story of Tristan’s Fear Amelia, he wrote it down for me he passed me the letter, while we were out he told me to read it on my own.

Tristan :-
Jane this is my story my past I can not watch your face while I tell you my story so I have written it down for you I hope this answers all your questions you had.

I lived in a place called Colchester Essex in England, I was 21 I had my own place, my own business, my father he left me a lot of money when he passed away, my mother she died when I was born, my father saved me instead of her and I hated him for it up until the day he died. I don’t regret the hatred I felt for him he wasn’t much of father, he thought he could flash his money around and buy love well it doesn’t work like that, when he passed he left everything to me and I went a little crazy with the money, I hated him and I didn’t want his money so I decided to do all the things that he didn’t want me to do he left me a list of requests that I should follow if I was to have this money 1. Attend law school
2 .Buy a nice house, a family home not a studio flat.
3 .Invest save don’t spend it, like, it’s not monopoly money because it will run out one day.
4. Be careful who you chose as friends, there are greedy money grabbing cows out there.
5. Be happy.
I was Happy he was gone, he never showed me love and I know he thought because he had money everything would fall in to place well it didn’t so I bought a studio flat I didn’t go to law school I chose the wrong friends in the beginning I spent some money like monopoly money I was young and grieving I went out pretty much every night drank champagne and did reckless things. then I one day I saw her, it was 3am, I wasn’t drunk it was the first time in a long time I had gone out and not had a drink I had the Bentley. I didn’t want to leave it some dodgy club's car park I was returning to my car when I saw her standing in the rain getting totally soaked, she didn’t look sad in the rain she looked like she was loving it, she had earphones on and would twirl when she thought no one was watching and she got lost in her dance when I walked over to her with an umbrella she was wearing jeans and a cry baby t-shirt no coat even though it was cold, it was March, winter was over and spring was suppose to be starting but the weather lingered on to winter, it wasn’t t-shirt weather and at 3 am too. I placed the umbrella over her she had he eyes closed and moving her arms like she was playing the drums she stopped drumming and opened one eye as the rain had stopped hitting her. She flushed bright red and took her earphones out and turned her music off, she looked at me with disappointment.
"I like the rain" she told me "you’re a little crazy don’t you think?" I told her she laughed "yeah I get that a lot". Asked her if she would like a lift and she told me she doesn’t go with strangers "mummy will be mad if I got into your car." "Your mother is right." I told her I introduced myself to her and she shook my hand, she told me her name was Amelia Francis I told her she shouldn’t have told me that I can get a lot of details if I have a name I joked she smiled a bit freaked out I guess, I left the umbrella with her and walked to my car she shouted "thank you" as I crossed the street, how can I explain her to you she had wavy shoulder length hair with a straight cut fringe I didn’t know what her natural colour hair was but it was bright red, berry red I guess is the right way to explain it. so I stopped going out with the so called friends I did one thing my father asked I invested some money in some stock and received a good income for it. I wanted more though I wanted to be involved so I bought myself into a company and demanded them to give me a job I would prove I could make them money, I did just that . Work was good it kept me busy I would travel to London every day I enjoyed the city but I also enjoyed coming home. I couldn’t see myself living in London, Colchester had everything I needed. It was Christmas Eve and the whole office was buzzing. I didn’t really get Christmas we never celebrated it not through religion it just meant if we had a tree nor did the whole present thing that would mean sitting down spending time together. The whole office was excited because we had the party planned at a really nice hotel. The company had hired out the whole place ,the entire rooms, free bar, three course meals, they had made so much money that is was a thank you. It was bring a partner or friend invitation I wasn’t planning on going but the guys in the office wouldn’t hear of it I had nothing planned for Christmas day anyway so it would save me staring at the blank walls in my studio flat. There was a guy called Henry. I like him we had been out for a few drinks when we had to work late, he didn’t have a partner to bring so he said he was bringing his sister. I thought it was a bit odd, but like he said someone better use up the spare ticket he was right, hell he worked hard why shouldn’t he share his enjoyment, we arrived at the hotel and it was amazing the place was just full off spirit and warmth it made me feel humble to be involved in this family you could say. We had our meal and then were directed to the ballroom for a disco, the alcohol flowed and the music blasted out and it was good music to not your usually cheesy disco man routine. I was standing at the bar watching everyone enjoying themselves, when Henry called over to me he wanted to introduce me to his sister and there she was in a midnight blue full length dress, her berry red shoulder length hair, her brown smouldering eyes and that huge smile she wore, it was like a Hollywood A list star smile, I politely held my hand out and she took it gratefully "Hay don’t I know you?" She replied she waved her finger at me yes "Umbrella man, Henry this is the dude I was talking about" Henry looked at his sister like, manners; I was his boss after all. "Yes I remember" I said happy to be in her company, all night we talked and danced and drank, wow she could drink, I couldn’t keep up maybe it was because it was a free bar but she went for it. I slipped my number in her bag as we said goodnight I wasn’t sure if I would see her again I hoped I would when I woke in the morning. Christmas morning, I got dressed and made my way down to breakfast, I wasn’t sure if anyone else would be up or if they had gone home to spend Christmas day with their families. There were a few people in the breakfast room, not many, 10 maybe. I sat at a free table with a coffee and paper I decided that after this I would return to work and enjoy the quietness of the office while everyone forced food into their full stomachs Henry and Amelia came down for breakfast and sat with me which was a nice break from the silence, Amelia was wearing jeans and a nice hoody no matter what she wore she looked beautiful, I was staring at her and she stared back for a long time I asked if she dressed up much as last night she wore that amazing dress and now jeans and a jumper Henry laughed "I had to pay her 50 quid to get her out of jeans" "50 quid that’s not much I would off pushed for more" I joked "ohh I did" she replied "200 to wear the dress" she chuckled "yes don’t remind me I don’t know why you didn’t just hire a dress your never going to wear it again and pointless me buying it for you" Henry said back to his sister it was nice to watch a bit of sibling rivalry one thing I resented my father for not doing enough to save my mother. when breakfast finished and everyone left the hotel I offered Henry and Amelia a ride to their home. Amelia found this funny "ohh a case of de ja vu" she said chucking Henry said he was going to go into work and I told him of. Take a day off, he asked what I was planning on doing and I told him I am the boss, I don’t get days off. Amelia left laughing and wolf whistled for a taxi and shouted to her brother "don’t expect dinner to be on the table when you get in, I am going clubbing" then she was gone, amazing I thought.

You see Jane these are the memories I like to hold on to of her and the ones that follow, she was a truly beautiful human being who was taken from me, can you understand now why I don’t want to talk about her and what happened I want to remember the good times we had together as humans and not as vampires they’re so hazy but I keep this thought clear of her, I hope you understand Jane. Love Tristan, yours forever .xxx
now diary this had me a little mad, I didn’t want to hear about his wonderful days with her I wanted to know what happened to make him fear her. I will get to bottom of this I promise you diary.

Jane

https://talesofthelost.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum