Tales of the Lost
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Tales of the Lost

The Secret!

You are not connected. Please login or register

BACHELORETTE PARTY... (Johanna's POV)

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1BACHELORETTE PARTY... (Johanna's POV) Empty BACHELORETTE PARTY... (Johanna's POV) Wed Jul 20, 2011 5:50 am

BACHELORETTE PARTY... (Johanna's POV)
March 15th, 2013
Dear Diary,
I am SO excited for tonight! 'What is tonight?' You might ask. Well, not only is it Gabriel's Bachelor party but its also my Bachelorette party! My friends from Pennsylvania are flying in today and I cannot wait to see them! I miss our girl days: sleep overs, mani-pedis, teasing boys at the movie theaters, cosmic bowling and long days at the beach Smile my friends are the perfect remedy for any sickness or sad emotions. We were all on each others speed dial, and we parted crowds in the school's hallways as we passed.
Now, I have tons of best friends, but the three I could always turn to were:
Taylor James
Mackenzie (Kenzie) Forthright
And
Charlotte (Charlie) Taylor

Taylor was the brains in our group but she flourished in beauty as well. Who would have known that underneath her freshly straightened, raven black hair was the brain of a physics major? We would.
And Kenzie could give you directions to the nearest mall no matter where you were! She could recite them forwards, backwards and sideways! Lol she was rich and beautiful, she loved playing tennis and her fav way to catch a guy was by twirling her string of pearls around her finger as she lounged on her towel at the beach. Who would think that the rich princess wasn't the bitchiest bitch of all and had loyalties only to herself? We wouldn't. And the best part about her being a princess was that she would always answer her phone and her facebook messages, she could always be reached.
And last, but certainly not least, is Charlie. And she calls herself a tom boy! Lol She's a fake tom boy, as in, she loves the mall. She could spend early mornings shopping away to her hearts desire and then by one be kicking all the guy's asses at the paintball stadium. Who would've thought that our tough-as-nails-Joan-Jett-mud-slinger could clean up into a pink powder puff shopping goddess in thirty minutes? Oh yeah, we did.
They are my go-to girls, my sisters from other misters Wink, my queens of the mall! And tonight will be perfect because of them. Don't get me wrong, I love their husbands and boyfriends also!
Taylor married a chemistry major named Liam, believe it or not he went to our school and was totally under our radar. He wasn't very hot at all, but he blossomed and they re-met at college. He's a chemistry professor, she's getting her degree in teaching physics.
Kenzie married James St. James III. They met at the University of Rhode Island. As rich as he is, and as stuck up as his family is, he is a lot of fun. They both met at a frat party and were connected. They knew it was meant to be when coincidentally they ended up versing each other in a tennis match at the country club. They are still planning the perfect, expensive, wedding.
Charlie is dating a male model named Matt. What a hotty! While he's at photo shoots, she teaches professional kick boxing classes at the gym.
So I think my entire graduating class and their dates are arriving today. The poor plane service! And poor Gabriel! He won't know any of the guys but he's going to be having his bachelor party with them. Oh well, he's friendly enough, he'll make friends.
"What are you girls doing for your party?" Rhoan asks as he plops down on the couch across from me, "Painting each others nails and crying at sappy chick flicks?" He asks sarcastically.
I choose to ignore him, "Is everything set for your party tonight?"
"Hell yeah! We got the bar and the female strippers."
"I'll kill you." I threaten him.
"Joking!" He then mutters, "I wouldn't mind but-"
"Rhoan Boulevardi!" I say shocked.
"Come on. Just because Gabriel is getting married doesn't mean I have to give up my freedom too!"
I was a little shocked at his sudden demand, or request, for female companionship.
"I hope you have some single friends." He crosses his arms and mutters.
"Awwww! Your lonely." I grab his hand then, casually, I decide to work my magic, "How about, Darla?" I could feel the lack of casual in my voice. My attempts were in vain.
"Darla?"
"Yeah." I hold my hand above our heads, "Ya know, about yea tall, short brown hair, blue eyes. Kinda, well very, shy, really average-"
"She's not that average!" He bellows.
And that's when I gave him my 'yeah-just-listen-to-me' look.
He looks away, embarrassed, and leaves. Cue the doorbell! Before I even open the door, its pushed inward and there stand The Three with a swarm of girls behind them.
"Jo!" The Three shriek.
I scream with them and we run to each other, screaming and giggling and hugging. It was Kenzie, Charlie and Taylor! My BFFs!
"Show us the rock!" They command.
I hold out my left hand and wait for their shrieks of approval.
And I got them!
"Its gorgeous!" Taylor and Charlie gush.
"Is he loaded?" Kenzie inquires. She always was so straightforward.
I laugh.
"So is that a 'no'?" Taylor asks.
"Well," I hold my thumb and pointer finger about an inch apart, "Maybe just a little."
All the girls smile, laugh, and approve, including the others that have now flooded the house.
Kenzie clears her throat, it was obvious now that she is the leader of the pack, "Settle down, settle down! Okay. The big question is: Are you ready to party your ass off with the biggest Bachelorette party EV-ER, Johanna?!"
"Hell yeah! Let's do this!"
The girls all came in with their purses and we put PJs on. Maddie put a DVD into the player and we all sat down to watch Casablanca. I was filing my nails when I heard Charlie whisper to Marcy and ask her if all the guys were taken care of.
"You sound like we're killing them or something," I reply, "Besides, Rhoan says that everything is all taken care of. Ya'll dropped the boys at the hotel, right?"
All the girls nodded.
Gabriel walked into the room.
"Hey, girls. Hello, Johanna." He bends down and kisses me.
Most of the girls 'awwww' at our kiss but leave it to big mouthed Kenzie to say, "Shoo, shoo! No guys at the Bachelorette party!"
Gabriel laughs, "We were just on our way out. Besides as much as I wanna stay here I have some of the guys outside waiting. And I'm afraid that I'm not familiar with-" he gestures at the tv screen.
"Casablanca." Taylor fills in.
Gabriel ducks his head and leaves the room.
We thought we were safe.
"You weren't shitting me about the sappy love movies!" Rhoan interrupts.
"Leave!" I throw my nail file at him.
He holds up his hands in surrender, "Alright, alright! Jeez!"
Before he's out the door he leans back in, "Are any of you single?" He calls out to the room. "Any of you?" No one replies.
"You?" He points at Anne, "You?" He points to Jen, "None of you? Oh fuck it, its just my luck." And defeated at the lack of singularity in the room he leaves.
My girls and I laugh at Rhoan.
"He was kinda cute." Lauren purrs.
"Desperate. But cute." Haley agrees.
We wait for about 10 minutes to make sure the guys are completely gone and out of our hair.
"Are ya'll ready to commence the operation?" I chirp.
In reply the girls tear off their hoodies to expose their previous party shirts and then change into jeans.
Oh the poor guys, and poor you, Diary! I didn't even tell you! For my Bachelorette party we're dressing up and crashing the Bachelor party. 'Dressing up, more like un-dressing' Kenzie says.
Yeah, we're all going lingerie shopping and we're going to show up at the bar scantily dressed and wearing Venitcian eye masks to surprise the fellas. The girls thought I should dress up in white and wear a veil since I'm the bride but I disagreed. I wanted to see if Gabriel could pick me out of the crowd, I wanted to make it more fun.
At this point all my girls were dressed and ready for action.
We heard a honking sound come from outside so we figured it must be the limos and indeed it was! Their were quite a few of them too, since I had to have girls to pair up with all the guys. All the girls who had husbands or boyfriends were paired up with each other, and yes I do have a few single friends for Rhoan and Ryder.
We all piled into the limos, and waiting in there for us was Darla, Lottie, Faine, Valentina and Jordan. Personally, I couldn't see Darla or Jordan doing this with us, but I'm not letting them back out. As soon as I got in, Kenzie, Taylor and Charlie placed a small crown and veil on top of my head and also a white sash across my body that said, in fancy script, 'Here Comes The Bride...' It was really sweet. And on our way to the mall we each had a glass of champagne.
What a sight we must've been! A whole bunch of limos pulling up to the mall and all of us girls stepping out. Lol
Credit cards in hand, we attacked the mall. My favorite stop was Victoria's Secret! I absolutely love their stuff! Since Gabriel and I didn't plan on getting a house for a while, all the girls were buying me lingerie and fuzzy handcuffs Wink all that kind of stuff. I didn't really want the fuzzy handcuffs, I don't role that way, plus Gabriel would break them in a second so there really was no point. But Maddie insisted, and it really would be funny to see the look on Gabriel's face when he saw them Very Happy
So we all had to pick out our outfits. I think the majority of us got lacey push up bras and lacey cheeksters Smile and we each got different colors. My chosen color was black since I have such a great tan.
"Johanna, I am NOT wearing this." Darla says dangling a turquoise bra and panties in my face.
"But you have to! Your the maid of honor!"
"No. No way. I really don't want to un dress this much for a group of guys."
I sighed angrily, "Fine."
I handed my garments to Kenzie so she could pay for them and my make up and then I dragged Darla by the hand to other stores close by. I purchased a plaid skirt (the kind that you see catholic school girls wear in the movies), and a button down white shirt with a collar, a red tie, a small string of pearls, leather bracelets, black horn rimmed glasses, fishnet stockings, and black peep toe stilettos.
I shoved the bags into her arms, "You are going to wear this. I will dress you up but you are wearing it my way."
She nodded in agreement.
We went back to my friends and continued shopping, next stop was shoes. Again, I think the majority of us got strappy black heels.
The hours were dwindling away, we were getting closer and closer to the party.
"Alright, hair, nails, and make up!" Kenzie cheers.
We had to take over the entire salon because of all the girls I have. We all got french tips for our nails and we all did jungle red on our toes. For hair I let everyone do what they wanted. Darla's hair got blown out, crimped, and then I teased her roots to give her hair sexy volume. As for my own, I got a beach wave, sexy and tousled Wink
Make up. We all did eye colors to contrast our bras and then red blush, and bright lipstick. One of my friends even did green! One of them did orange! One did vibrant pink! Yeah, I told you I have some interesting friends. As for me, I chose candy apple red. I gave Darla pink and brown eye shadow, red blush, lip plumper (she wouldn't stop complaining that it burned! I just told her to deal with it), and then strawberry lip gloss. She looked pretty good! I was proud of my skill.
Soon we were all done. We looked sexy and hot, and ready for a party!
I had hot pink trench coats delivered to the salon as well as our masks. So we all changed into our bras and then were walking around in our pink trench coats. If you've ever seen the movie V FOR VENDETTA then you will remember the scene towards the end when there are the millions of V's wearing masks and black capes...that's what we looked like except we were only wearing venitcian eye masks and the coats were hot pink instead of black.
Darla approached me with all her bags and asked how I wanted it all done.
I gave her a sickly sweet smile and grabbed a pair of scissors off the table, "Come back here. I'll help you."
So we locked ourselves in the bathroom. She took out the white button down shirt and was about to put it on but I snatched it from her and cut off the sleeves.
Then I took out the plaid skirt and started cutting it.
"Johanna, that's goona be way too short!"
"Shhh!" I snapped.
"Did you really just 'shhh' me?!"
I replied by tearing off the last of the plaid fabric and throwing the now mini skirt in her face.
She stepped into the skirt and got angry again.
"This is WAY too short! And the ends aren't even!"
"Their supposed to be fringed." I reply. I then un-button the last few buttons from her shirt and tie the boring white garment so it looks like a crop top.
I pluck the fish nets stockings from the bag and rip them in certain places, I tie the red tie around my sisters neck and then I loosen it slightly. She places the pearls around her neck, and the leather around her wrist. Lastly, she wiggles her toes into the black high heels and I slide the black glasses over the bridge of her nose.
"There," I say as we stare at her in the mirror, "Your ready."
"I look like a stripper or good catholic gone bad." She says solemnly.
I shrug her arms into the pink trench coat and tie the mask over her eyes, "You look wonderful."
I tie my own mask and stare at my reflection in the mirror. I got lost in the color of my eyes, all the make up and the mask made them seem...deeper. This would be the point where I say 'I could feel a sense of impending doom' but I didn't. At least...I didn't feel doom, I felt something but I just wasn't sure what. Was I finally getting nervous? I don't think so. Was something going to happen? Not that I know of. Maybe I'm just worrying. Worrying that I've finally gotten Gabriel and that he'll be snatched from me. No amount of time will be enough time. Which makes me think of him asking me when I'd like to become a vampire. Uh, never! I have nothing against them, but I wouldn't choose to be one. To live forever...it makes every tiny detail of life insignificant. How could you appreciate something properly when you wouldn't know if you'll live for 10 days, 10 years, 100 years, or 1,000!
The crunch of a frozen snow beneath your feet. The splash of a wave breaking at your feet. The rosy cheeks of a young child. The laugh of a baby. The smell of Gabriel's shirts and his smile that I know is just meant for me. 1,000 years makes all of that seem so insignificant, even when I already know each and every one of those things is precious.
I was so lost in this battle of ever lasting life waging in my mind that I hadn't even noticed Kenzie leaning around me and smudging lipstick on my lips.
I snapped out of it and skipped out the the limos.
We were all getting so excited! We were practically vibrating and it was hard to hold still in the seat Very Happy
The limo coasted to a stop and we all took a deep breath before we got out.
My black stilettos clicked and clacked on the pavement as we approached the back door.
Masks in place, pink trench coats tied shut, we opened the back door and marched ourselves inside. First thing I noticed: Ryder was bordering drunk and wasted. This didn't surprise me to much given who he is. But what did was him, Rhoan, and Gabriel doing shots at the bar!
...Gabriel?!?! And Rhoan?!?! Rhoan just- I could never picture him drinking anything other than wine! And Gabriel-dont get me started! I mean, obviously I know that he did because Natalia showed me, but its just hard to picture him doing that now. He seems so proper and cold, but there he is; at the bar knocking back shots with my friends' boyfriends.
We pour into the bar, girls on one side and guys on the other, and take up poses.
Some of the guys 'oohh' and 'ahh' while others whistle.
...My brother is the loudest whistler...
I notice Gabriel's cheeks are a bit red as his friends push him forward, and this tells me that he's human! Why would he be human?! Sure he could be if he wanted, but why be something that isn't natural to you? Why should he put on a disguise for the world?! This made me angry, and my eyes narrowed at him from behind the voidless, pre-cut, eyes given to me by this mask.
Gabriel is standing in front now, arms crossed smugly over his chest (almost as if he prefers this secrecy and what will come next, instead of me), with his friends flanking his sides.
Down the line, Kenzie nods (obviously pretending she's me). We all, slowly, untie our pink trench coats, un-button the three buttons, and drop our coats to the floor.
Right away, Ryder howls at us, Rhoan searches our masked faces for his dream girl, and Gabriel gives a wide (too wide for my tastes) grin.
"Are all of you for me?" He asks sarcastically.
Down the line, one of my friends calls out in reply, "We might be."
"Ooohhhh!" His friends cheer.
Gabriel surveys us, right to left, never giving more attention to one face than the one next to her.
My chest was rising and falling rapidly, what if he couldn't pick me out?! What if he found someone he thought prettier than me?! What if this turns out to be the worst idea I ever had? He took his time, looking at hair color and such, and appeared to be very skilled in what he was doing.
Now he started pacing along the line. He placed his hand over the heart of each girl, and when he placed his hand over mine, my skin felt cold where his hand was no longer resting.
He traced our line again, but this time he stopped at the girl right next to me. "You-" he said strongly.
She had long blonde hair as well. He picked up her hand, tilted her head back and leaned in to kiss her.
This was the moment I had truly been dreading. I was now fearing that I had made the hugest mistake of my life! And I was sure now that we definitely should have dated longer.
I was about to say something, or probably just leave, when he spoke.
Their lips were only centimeters apart, but he opened his beautiful green eyes and said loud enough for his friends to hear, "Are not my Johanna."
And before I could produce a happy coherent thought, he stepped in front of me and forced open my lips with his tongue.
Me being shocked, all I could do was obey his delicious commands.
His right hand cupped my neck and his left one pressed me closer to him. His lips were like thunder, strong and loud, against mine. And his tongue, like lightning, sent electricity through my entire body. Behind my closed eyes, I was in the midst of an electrical storm with Gabriel holding me. Lightning was touching down to the Earth all around us but we remained un-touched. I was safe, and I was in heaven.
He pulled away from this delicious moment of intoxication, took my hand and placed it over his heart.
"Do you feel it?" He asks while placing his hand over mine.
We're locked there together, hands over each others hearts. Both beating the same rhythm, at the same time. And I realize now that we're bound by something much stronger than fate or even by Love, its an unexplainable force. A force that I wouldn't trade for anything, a force that I wouldn't share with anyone else.
"My heart beats for you, and only you." He whispers to me, his Russian accent thick again, "My brother used to tell me that if I found a woman who made my heart beat in time with hers then I had surely died and gone to heaven."
He leans in close and whispers in my ear, his breath is warm and moist and I feel like my knees might collapse at any second, "But I see I have not died, rather I am living for the first time, more aware, more happy than I ever was. And that heaven has come to me."
Beneath my mask, I cry a single tear. Just one. It was something made of happiness, not sadness, and it was the kind that he could only make me cry.
Gabriel raises his voice for all to hear, "There Is only one that I want. And that is My Johanna." He reaches behind my head and unties the black ribbon, exposing my eyes to the room.
My friends 'aaaww'. I throw my arms around Gabriel's neck and hold on to him. I look like a love sick teenager, for sure! But I don't care, I'm in love. And in 2 days I get to marry my best friend, the other half of my heart.
Behind me, my friends walk over to their guys until its just Darla and my other friend, Lily.
I introduce Ryder to Lily and then leave Gabriel for a minute to show my 'sexy librarian' sister to our "librarian" friend, Rhoan.
"I hope you two enjoy each other," I say pushing them close and then retreating over to my Gabriel.
"The night is ours." I smile at him.
"The rest of our lives is ours." He replies with a wondrous smile.
I smile and dance, dip and spin, head bang and thrash, for the rest of the night. And enjoyed every second of it.
Love,
Johanna

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum