Tales of the Lost
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Tales of the Lost

The Secret!

You are not connected. Please login or register

The dinner party part 1

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1The dinner party part 1 Empty The dinner party part 1 Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:51 pm

Admin

Admin
Admin

·

o Dear d,d
Hay diary well it’s been a few days since i last wrote and well today, i didn’t go to school it’s not been sunny but i needed to take the day off, i told school i had a hospital appointment and they were more than happy to let me be absent, i needed the day free so i could prepare for a dinner party, yes you heard right i made cute little invites for the whole family, it’s kind of a good bye party to Max, he has to go back to London Anastasia is going with him to see isn’t exactly popular with everyone at the moment but i think Tristan's going to stay he is going to write a book how awesome is that I’ve told him i want to be the first to read it, he said it’s going to be a dark romance exciting, anyway i did the invites and they all thought i was crazy, it’s a shame Gabriel and Johanna have gone away but they need time together i understand that. i told everyone else they had to come because they will officially meet Pippa and rick, i hadn’t spoken to them much since that last class and i figured maybe we could get to the bottom of what they are i invited them over and they seemed a little stunned but acted
i had it all planned, Jordan could protect us with her shield and Faine she can use any of our gifts to protect us, i needed them to know that if they felt threatened by us they shouldn’t be, but if they want to start anything we will finish it.

Rhoan and i went food shopping that was so much fun i was like a kid in a sweet shop picking everything up and asking do we need this or that or i knew what we really needed but i thought it be funny to wind Rhoan up.
"Do all your cooking skills get wiped out when you ya know" Rhoan asked me getting annoyed.
I laughed at him and then he realised i was playing him.
"Fine two can play that game you won’t need a taster now will u" Rhoan said back
"Sorry i will behave I really need your taste buds" I begged.
"This night really important to u isn’t it?" Rhoan asked me none of them knew what i had planned and why i was doing it.
"Really important"
"i just don’t understand why you’re making a big deal out of Max and Anastasia leaving something else is going on here?" Rhoan quizzed
"why does u say that for?" I played dumb and Rhoan knew it as he gave me 'the don’t give me this crap' look
"you’re asking the weird kids over for a dinner party to say good bye to you’re........... Friends and you expect everyone to play 'human' “He whispered the human part i noted.
"I don’t believe you Valentina; something else is going on with u." Rhoan said not believing what i was saying and he had every right to not believe me because i was lying.
"Fine i will tell you everything but not here ok." I blurted out
he smiled and we carried on shopping.
An hour later we were done and in the car going home when Rhoan asked again what was going on.
"Rick and Pippa there something else" I started to say.
"How do you mean?"
"I mean there not, i don’t know i think there human they smell human but there’s something more to them and i want to know what"
"Whoa hold on you think there human? They either are or not now which are they?" Rhoan said a little bit ruffled.
"I don’t know Rhoan but Rick can freeze a room full of people, can humans do that?" I asked
Rhoan eyes winded
"believe me humans can do lots of strange things, you don’t have to be immortal to have a gift, now explain he froze the room are you sure?"
"Positive and he had this violet sparkly glow come from him when he did it." I explained
"so let me get this right he froze the room and you didn’t? And he had this aura around him?"
"Ya and that isn’t the weird bit."
"Explain." Rhoan ordered
"Pippa came in to the class room and asked rick if it was him then she told him to stop what he was doing saying it was hurting him and they spoke about me" I said we were outside our house now but stayed on the car.
"So Pippa knew Rick was doing this freezing thing? What else was he doing?"
"He was looking at Regan and it looked like he was reading her mind sometimes i think he can read my thoughts but then other times I’m not sure"
"You said they spoke about you what did they say?"
"Erm that i was strong and that they hoped i wasn’t one of them and they didn’t think they could kill me if i was." I said it made me shiver actually thinking about it Rhoan reacted at that, flung himself around glaring at me.
"You want to invite someone who you’re not sure is human and isn’t sure if they want to kill you, ya great plan V, god what the hell are you thinking of this is ludicrous and what’s going to happen when the others find out about this they’re going to be so angry and Demitri if he finds out someone wants you dead he will rip their hearts out in a second, you know that right?" Rhoan screamed at me.
"Shhhhhhhhh They will hear you, look i know what I’m doing ok if anything happens it’s gonna happen tonight ok and i want it all out i need to know who and what they are this is the best way Rhoan i trust my instincts and they tell me there scared and alone and if i can help them i will i don’t think we are the threat." I explained
"You’re crazy totally off your rocker." Rhoan said shaking his head at me.
"Are you going to help me?" i asked him pleading really.
"Uhhh do i have a choice?"
"Yes" I said with a cheeky smile.

·

o Rhoan helped me bring the bags in, he put them down turned around and smiled at Demitri who was standing in the door way, it looked like he was holding up the building he was also glaring at Rhoan they had a funny friendship well it was Demitri with the problem.
If he was in a good mood they got on but if Demitri was grumpy Rhoan stayed away, human instinct i guess but Demitri was quick to judge when it came to me and Roan’s friendship.
Rhoan turned to me
"i will leave you two to talk" he turned and Demitri had moved from the door but he glared at Rhoan and watched him walk upstairs, i sighed none of this was Rhoan fault
"i heard shouting are you ok? Did he upset u?" Demitri asked as he came in to hug me.
I buzzed around the kitchen at vampire speed ignoring Demitri question, he stopped me in mid flow and held on to me looking me in the eyes i could never lie to him when he did this
"what’s going on?” Demitri asked softly as he stroked my face, i looked down not wanting to answer him if i did answer it would all come spilling out.
"we said no secrets hunny but if u really don’t want to tell me i won’t push for an answer" Demitri said as he lifted my head up and kissed my cheek one side then the other then he found my lips and i was melting.
"guys get a room jeez vampire eyes viewing here" Chelsea grumbled, pushed past us and sat on the counter top she found some apples and juggled them in the air, Demitri and I placed our heads together and sighed
"if we had our own place there would not be interruptions every five seconds" Demitri growled silently. The reason we hadn’t moved out yet was because i wasn’t ready to i loved this house and i loved that there were always people/vampires in it and getting our own place would feel like being all alone again and i don’t want that.
"Hay I’m not stopping you two from making out just not in the kitchen Afton and i haven’t christened it yet it’s on the list though. “Chelsea said still juggling the apples she was up to four now.
" that’s completely disgusting Chelsea you need to gain some control of your tongue." Demitri said as he pulled away from me he hated public displays and Chelsea knew it, she was always so open about everything, she didn’t care who watched i think Afton is a little more reserved about it though.
"So what where you and Rhoan arguing about? I asked him and he said to ask u?" Chelsea asked.
i sighed great this plan wasn’t going too well. Demitri held my hand as he stood beside me facing Chelsea, she stopped juggling the apples and put them back in the bowl, she looked at us with a smile of anticipation.
Demitri growled at her he wasn’t in the best of moods he would defiantly need to hunt before tonight.
"Wow someone's grumpy today jeez dem get a grip go and hunt or something." Chelsea flipped him off; i gripped Demitri’s hand as he moved forward slightly.
"What would you like me to do Chelsea, hmm, go snack on a tasty human? That’s what i would like to do right now but i can’t can i."
Chelsea jumped of the side looking ready to fight, anger filled her eyes.
"we all struggle Demitri and we all play by the rules, so play along old man." Chelsea snapped back.
i felt Demitri vibrate with anger then there was a blur and Afton was standing in front of Chelsea he put his hand up to stop Demitri if he had to but i had a strong grip on him and pushed my body into him so he would have to knock me over if he wanted to attack
"what’s going on?" Afton asked them both, they didn’t answer him and he shook his head as he looked at me and smiled slightly
"Valentina mind telling me what these two are doing?" Afton asked kindly.
Demitri relaxed a little
"no this is my fault i apologise I’m not feeling myself today" Demitri said being the gentleman
"he wants to snack on a human Afton he wants to break the rules and I’m angry at him we all struggle why is he giving up" Chelsea said as she pointed at Demitri.
She was still extremely angry and it wasn’t what had just happened that made her feel like that, it was the whole episode at the beach she was still angry about and Demitri sister was the aim for anger these days, Chelsea took it out on Demitri when she wasn’t around she wasn’t made to feel welcome let’s put it that way.
Afton sighed and turned to Chelsea
"do you have to push the dagger in anymore? I know you are scared about our future here but hurting the ones you love with cruel words isn’t going to make things better is it?” Afton said
Chelsea ducked her head and shock her head
"sorry Demitri i should be more considerate" Chelsea said
"no none of this is your fault i will try to behave and follow the rules" Demitri said back
Afton and i moved out of the way and they hugged
" another vampire war evaded" Afton chuckled
"it’s got to the 60th one now" i joked back
"no not possible add a couple of zeros to that figure."
"Well it’s at least the 60th war we have evaded this week" i joked back Afton laughed
"very true v"
"its actually 61 now" Chelsea said as they were done hugging.
Afton looked to his wife and smiled then he noticed all the food on the side dam it, i thought
"erm correct me if I’m wrong there are only three humans coming tonight?" Afton asked as he turned to look at me suspiciously, i started to chew the inside of my mouth and twirled my foot guiltily
"yes only three coming but there not the only ones eating" i said in a whisper Afton’s gaze held Demitri's who was stood by me know fists clenched, i couldn’t look at his face right now.
Chelsea just looked stunned
"you’re expecting us to eat?" Afton said and Chelsea gasped and shook her head
"have you gone mad? No we are not feeding up the humans then feeding of them, no i refuses this gosh Valentina i thought you were against humans being hurt aren’t these your friends?" Chelsea rambled on, Afton gave her a strange gaze for a second then shock his head and looked back to Demitri.
I looked this time he looked frozen
"you expect me to eat with the humans and act like them?" Demitri growled, not looking at me i reached my hand to him and he shock it off turned threw a fist into the wall and ran out the door.
i started to run after him but Afton pulled me to a stop
"no leave him he needs to be alone for now do not worry he will be fine he just needs to feed i know that look, its best he is alone" Afton said as he wouldn’t let go of me
"but what if he finds a human?” I stressed
"listen to me hunger works in different ways for us the older you get the more control you have the need becomes strong but the control never wavers and Demitri is extremely strict, always has been he won’t feed of someone he just stumbled across he will track his pray then kill it." Afton said
i struggled in his arms
"we have to stop him" i screamed
"V you don’t understand Demitri has been starving himself so he can find that desire and hunt animals it’s the only way he can crave the burning " it all became clear in that second the trackers game as long as it was animal not human
I went back into the house feeling really bad i just wanted everyone to get on with each other and find out what was going on with Rick and Pippa was that so much to ask for i wondered but then i hadn’t helped things by not telling everyone the plan.
Chelsea was still in the kitchen and she was looking at me like she didn’t know me anymore
"look i have my reasons why I’m doing this tonight and i need all of your help" i begged her
"why don’t we start of from the beginning I’m assuming this has something to do with your friends?" Afton said
i nodded and told them what happened in class and how strange they are.
"When he was here he said he couldn’t leave that it wasn’t safe?" Chelsea said remembering how weird he was
" yes exactly odd right whatever there running from i think they think i might be connected to it and i want them to know we are not and can help" "what if we are have you considered that?"
" yes and if that is so we can deal with it."
Afton nodded and took Chelsea hand.
"We shall warn the others of your plans looks like you’re going to be busy with all this cooking" Afton said as he walked out dragging Chelsea with him she grumbled about something but left with Afton I sighed and put the rest of the food away I’m not exactly enthusiastic about tonight now and i still need to cook for it Demitri isn’t back yet i doubt he will come home tonight either Uhhh why does it always have to go wrong why can’t it just be simple.
I shall write in you when tonight’s over and done with i hope it goes well
Valentina

·

https://talesofthelost.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum