Tales of the Lost
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Tales of the Lost

The Secret!

You are not connected. Please login or register

What's wrong with Bastien?

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1What's wrong with Bastien? Empty What's wrong with Bastien? Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:13 pm

Admin

Admin
Admin

“Bastien, Bastien, can you hear me? What’s wrong love” no reaction. His eyes have turned red and his fangs are out and he looks viciously at me, but it’s not at me it’s beyond me. I look around to see what’s making him so feral. There’s nothing there. I wave my hand in front of his face trying to snap him out of his daze but it’s like he can’t even see me. He starts growling at me. It kind of scares me a little. Vera wakes up and asks me what’s wrong with daddy…..and then the phone rings, it’s Faine.

“You gotta come to the main house, there’s some sort of emergency with Jordan.”

“I have an emergency of my own, something is wrong with Bastien Faine.”

“What’s wrong with him Lottie?” she asks.

“I dunno, he’s acting as if I’m not here and his eyes have turned red like he’s just been feeding, but he hasn’t he’s been with me the whole time. I gotta go Faine I’ll be down when I can ok.” I hung up because I saw Bastien punching out in front of him as if he were trapped. If I weren’t so freaked out I’d be laughing at him. He keeps growling low and feral. I try talking to him again

“Bastien darling, I touch his arm, honey are you ok.” He looks up at me but has a strange vacant look in his eyes like as if he’s listening to someone and he shrugs off my arm and starts running off. Vera calls “daddy” after him but he ignores her too. Now I’m really freaked out. What’s wrong with him? I go to follow him and then realise I have Vera in my arms. I sniff the air so I can trace his scent afterwards, after I drop Vera to Faine for safety. Whatever is wrong I don’t want Vera involved. But his scent is not present anywhere I search the perimeter of our house and nearby woods but there is no trace of him at all, it’s as if he has vanished. I totally freak out then, grabbing Vera’s coat and I take off towards the main house, dragging on Vera’s coat as we go. I get a sudden chill up my spine like a feeling of dread and am about to put up my barrier but then I realise I don’t need to I’m going to see the family. So I get to the main house and take Vera into the living room and put on her latest favourite movie ‘The little mermaid’ and tell her I need to go look for daddy and that aunty Faine will mind her. She reaches up her arms to me for a hug and says

“Will daddy be ok? Because I don’t dream anymore about the future will he be ok?” She says to me worriedly.

“Baby, I won’t lie to you, I don’t know if daddy will be okay sugar, but I promise I will do all that I can for him.” She looked up at me with big wide eyes and then nodded.

“Ok mommy, I’ll be good. Is Sophia coming over too? Because she loves flounder, the fish, same as me. I wanna have hair like Ariel, so long and soft too! And I wanna swim in the sea too.” I hugged her tightly and kissed her nose, delighted that she was now happily distracted and caught up in her movie.

“Bastien my love, I’m coming to help you.” I whispered hoping he’d somehow hear me. Jordan and Josh and Sophia had just landed in their car in a hurry, the car skidding to a stop outside the door and they raced into the house. I was just about to leave when Jordan looked at me, she looked scared shitless, my concern switched to her immediately. What could be wrong? Who was after them? What the hell happened.? She dashed in and put Sophia in with Vera and then came out to the kitchen. I was torn. Do I stay and hear what’s wrong with my sister or do I go after my love. But the decision was made quickly for me. Alec asked what’s going on and then Jordan spills the tale of her father’s remains being found and the dread crept up my spine again until I heard her mutter that it was my fault.

“Excuse me Blondie, what did you just say?” My fear and anguish over Bastien quickly becoming something more. She turned to me, eyes glaring and herself in a protective stance leering into my face and then in a deadly voice said to me

“If you had disposed of my daddy’s body properly instead of in a shallow grave you lazy bitch then we wouldn’t be having this problem. And another thing I’m the chief suspect and me and my family have to leave here because of your stupidity” She growled at me. I was stunned for a split second at the venom in her voice. You’d swear I did it on purpose, I felt venom race into my mouth in white rage and I spat into her face as I said

“Well Blondie! It’s thanks to me you got to marry Joshy here, if you recall your daddy was ready to sell your ass and you were too chicken to end his worthless waste of life.” I said this while poking my finger at her shoulder. She caught my finger and shoved it back hard and I felt my rage burst inside of me and I screamed at her

“Who the hell do you think you damn well are? How the hell did I know they were gonna dig up his damn remains. You think if I had known that, I wouldn’t have buried him deeper or elsewhere.” While I’m screaming at her, she’s screaming at me, blaming me again and I just see red and attack her, rage and panic over Bastien fuelling my anger I slap her hard across the face and she pulls my hair. I pinch and bite anything in my way. I haven’t felt this angry or out of control since I killed my mom and I’m way out of control as I kick and punch her. I don’t even really feel what she’s doing to me until I hit a wall, but it was so gently it was surreal. So I run at her and head-butt her into the stomach. Suddenly I hear something that stops me dead in my tracks…the pitiful sounds of my daughter and Jordan’s daughter shouting

“Mommy” at us in shocked voices and it’s their crying that snaps me back to reality. I hold out my arms to Jordan and say

“Oh darling, I’m so sorry, I don’t know what I was thinking, I dunno what came over me, and I’m just so worried about Bastien.” Jordan returned the hug and we hugged tightly and she was apologising and saying

“I know it’s not your fault Lottie and I’m sorry I went crazy on you. But I’m just so worried, what can we do? Will we have to leave here? Where will we go? Will it mess up Sophia for having to leave the family, I can’t ….. I don’t know what we can do, but I don’t want to draw this on all of you.”

“Ssssussh, it’s ok Jordan,” I say as I rub her back comfortingly. “You know Jordan, I can go and dispose of his remains and the paperwork, destroy all the evidence if you like. Me and Bastien will gladly help out,” she looked up at me and smiled as the possibility of the idea passed briefly through her mind. Then she shook her head sadly and said

“No, while that would be a great idea Lottie, it just wouldn’t work cause then they’ll definitely be snooping around here and well………we don’t exactly need their kind of attention around us. Especially as they are so tasty.” She smirked at me licking her lips and that made me snort with laughter and as I looked at her with that mischievous thought running through my head the two of us burst out laughing. Our little girls came running up to us and wrapped their arms around our knees and we both lifted them up into our arms for kisses and cuddles.

“C’mon silly billies, back to the movie….I’m sure Ariel and flounder are getting up to all kinds of mischief since you two left the sitting room.” They looked at each other in wonder and smiled and then looked fearfully at us. Jordan read their minds and mine and looked at me before she said.

“Don’t worry you two, we’re fine now, we just both needed to let off a little steam, and while fighting doesn’t solve anything (ever the good mom!) It helps adults sometimes to get things off their chests. It’s better to talk than fight. Understood little ones.” They both nodded solemnly and then I pointed to the TV and said

“Look, flounder is waiting for you.” So I re-winded the dvd back to the bit they were last watching and they nibbled on some popcorn that had magically appeared on the couch between them…..Valentina’s scent lingered….bless her she’s so thoughtful. The girls dived into the imaginary sea. Jordan and I looked at each other and she nodded at me as she linked her arm through mine and we went off to the kitchen to face our problems.

We walked back out towards the kitchen and I dropped Jordan’s arm that had been cosily tucked into mine whilst in front of the kids. Jeeze just cause the kids popped up doesn’t’ mean this isn’t over…..i thought knowing she’d pick it up. She turned and stared at me and we glared at each other. Who the hell do you think you are that you can attack me just because you feel like it, bitch. We were just about to start fighting again when we heard Alec saying firmly to us

“Now that the cat fight is out of the way ladies” motioning to us to come and join the rest of the family, “Can we finally get on with this problem?” Any ideas anyone?” We had to turn around and be quiet. I stood far away from her and stared out the window wondering where Bastien was and what was going on in his head. I was really worried about him.

There was a knock at the door and we all froze at once until we caught the familiar scent of the Cullen’s as they walked in the door!

“I know what we’re gonna do!” declared Carlisle smiling. Immediately behind him walks in Bastien with a strange girl…..I felt my hackles rise……………..

https://talesofthelost.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum