Tales of the Lost
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Tales of the Lost

The Secret!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Lottie after Bastien leaves

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Lottie after Bastien leaves Empty Lottie after Bastien leaves Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:31 pm

Admin

Admin
Admin

Am totally pissed off. Why is it all the bad stuff happens to me? I have no freaking luck. First a crap childhood, my best friend got murdered, my boyfriend dumps me when he finds out I’m pregnant, my baby dies and then I get changed into a freaking vampire, then I meet a lovely guy who has the same sense of humour as me, who I thinks really likes me and then he fecking dumps me too. Just freaking great! What the hell do I do now? What can I do? Jordan and josh are happily building their new house for their new baby. God every time I say the word baby it makes me cringe and burns me with agony and loss. Will I ever get over losing Ruby? It’s been a few months now and it’s still as raw as ever. How am I gonna stand being around a new-born baby smell? It’ll kill me. Bastien dumped me because apparently my not being able to kill kids is messing with his head. Well tough shit, it’s not like he’s so fucking perfect anyway. Looking around at all the happy couples makes me sick. Even Gabriel has dumped me for his imaginary true love. I can’t stand being here anymore. What the hell am I gonna do? Hey now Lottie girl, you’ve dealt with everything on your own, so you’re on your own again……what’s new? I think I’m gonna leave for a while; see a bit of the world instead of being stuck here in Happyville and drinking fucking tomato juice for the rest of eternity. UH! NO FUCKING THANK YOU! I packed my few belongings and my baby photo scan and some clothes and my credit card into a knapsack. I intended on giving the credit card back. I probably wouldn’t be allowed to keep that seeing as I’m leaving. So I went downstairs and found Faine elbow deep in fabric switches trying to decide the perfect colours for the baby. She looked up at me and stared at me sharply for a second and was on her feet in a hair second.
“Nooooooooooooooooooo, don’t even thing about feeling that Lottie, you’re family here. You know you’re welcome always. Jordan and Valentina huddled around me and Jordan snuck her arm around my shoulder, hugging me to her. She said she was sorry for making me feel uncomfortable at how she was gushing and organising about the new baby as if she were pregnant. She had not forgotten my loss but was so excited she could hardly contain herself.
Course you are I muttered in my mind. But I’d put up my barrier so she could no longer read my mind. Faine looked at me sympathetically.
Great, now I’m the pity case! I thought indignantly. I shrugged Jordan’s arm off my shoulder, ignoring the hurt look on her face.
“I gotta get outta here, time for me to move on.” I said hearing Bastien’s words echoing in my mind and almost breaking down at the emotions they created in me. I needed to get outta here fast.
“Here” I said and handed Faine the credit card. She pushed it back into my hand and said
“No, it’s your money now Lottie you keep it and be safe” she leaned in and kissed my cheek. And hugged me even though I know my barrier burned her skin I felt her flinch.
“Bye!” I mumbled and ran from the house afraid I’d lose my nerve if I looked back. I ran blindly not paying attention to where I was going until I hit a tree. It didn’t stop me but it did slow me down enough to realise what I was doing. I stopped then and looked around and saw mountains everywhere all around me and trees. They didn’t look like Irish scenery exactly something about the air smelled different. I felt a pull in the direction to the left of me and ran and ran and ran until the pulling got stronger and I followed it. I dunno why I did but I had to go there something compelled me. I got to a beach and inside a cave I could hear a baby crying. I followed closely to the edge of the cave not daring to go in at first. But when I realised there were no humans nearby I slowly crept inside and saw a little baby swaddled in lots of woollen blankets. I could tell by the smell alone. They were like the blanket on my bed at Paddy’s house. I walked closer. Her blood seemed to sing to me but I wasn’t thirsty. She was human as far as I could make out. As I got closer still practically beside her I looked at her and she stopped crying. She stared at me before smiling at me with a full set of teeth. Yet she seemed to be a new-born. I was shocked. I was nervous now what if this were a trap? Someone obviously loved her as she was wrapped carefully. I searched carefully along the cave and noticed the baby had been placed above the water tide mark and was surrounded by a little wall of rocks so she wouldn’t roll off even if she moved. I check her out again and she hadn’t cried since she had first laid eyes on me and I felt her eyes watching everything I did. I walked up to her, satisfied that she was alone. There were footprints left by whoever left her but they were hours old and there didn’t seem to be anyone coming back for her. Why I wondered. And too her I said
“Why would anyone leave such a precious bundle like you alone in the dark?” She gurgled at my talking to her. And smiled again. Inside her blanket I noticed she had a note pinned to her jacket.
It read my name is Vera; I am 3 months old. My mother was unable to look after me as my grandmother said she was to have an abortion. But as my father was killed in the war she couldn’t bear to not have even just a little piece of him roaming the earth. My grandmother has order my mother to leave me on the orphanage doorstep but as she couldn’t do that either she decided to leave me here. My birth certificate and all my papers are tucked into my blankets. My mother hopes that you will take good care of me. Sincerely, Martha McGregor.
Wow, well I guess this is where my life is going now.
“Hi Vera, my name is Lottie and I guess I’m gonna be your new momma now. How do you like that? She gurgled. She smiled up at me again and I notice the teeth again, this seriously freaked me out. 3 months with teeth? How is that even possible? I picked her up and she was so light. I cuddled her to me as a practise run just to see if we fit together and it was a perfect match.
“C’mon so Vera let’s get you some clothes and nappies and food, wonder what kind of food you like? Or is it milk?” She smiled again at me. “Milk huh!” she smiled again. Ok have you allergies? I looked at her quizzing her like a doctor would. “Ahahahaha like you gonna answer me.”
“No, no allergies.” I gaped around at me, “Who said that?”
“I did” and heard a giggle. I looked around me again. There was only us except now I was getting spooked so I decided to get out into the open in case someone was taking the piss outta me and was then gonna snatch Vera off me too. I couldn’t take that happening again to me so I bolted up the cliffs nearby. I wondered where I was.
“Scotland” came the voice again except now I noticed Vera’s lips moving????? What the hell.
“Ya weird isn’t it, a baby that can talk. So what.” I nearly dropped her I got such a fright.
“What are you? A dwarf? Mini person? Or are you a baby at all?”
“Ya, I’m a baby, 3 months old to be exact, but it’s my father, he was ……………”
“Let me guess………….. An alien? A priest? A weirdo?”
“No, a vampire!”
I gulped and stared at her.
“That means you’re a ………………………………….”
“Ya, a half cast!”
“What’s that like a succubus?”
“No not really, because I was born the normal way but I am advanced for my age, so dunno what’s that called. Know anyone else like me either.”
“Ya I do in fact, my friend has a child like you and she’s gifted too.”
“Wow incredible, hey maybe we can be friends.”
“Ya, maybe.” I said sadly.
“What’s that supposed to mean?”
“Well it’s a long story.
“I got time.”
“Well let’s get you some food and a chance of clothes and nappies and a place to stay and we can talk then how’s that.” I couldn’t believe I was having a full blown conversation with a 3 month old baby. Even I thought it was very farfetched. But then again so is being a vampire. So I bought the nappies that Vera pointed out to me and the cl others and food and I booked myself and Vera into a local hostel. They looked at me suspiciously at first and even more so when I handed them my black credit card like I’d stolen it, but then when they saw that my I.D. was the same as on the card they suddenly treated me a whole lot different and I got the nicest room in the place and a cot for Vera and it was a private room too.
I texted Faine next to let her know I was fine, even though I didn’t want to be in the house there was no need for her to worry about me. And that Scotland says hello.
She replied glad to hear it and thanks for letting me know. Xxxxx love all the family.
That touched me and would have made me cry but I had Vera’s welfare to look after first. I changed her and I must admit I found that weird especially as I’d been having a rather adult conversation with her. She went back to gurgling and playing with a rattle while I changed her and made her something to eat. I may not need food but she did. Strangely I didn’t feel hungry at all. After I’d fed her and gave her bottle, and burped her, all of which felt weird and settled her down in her cot for the night I lay on the bed beside her and stared into her golden eyes. They were almost yellow in colour.
“Don’t you need blood?”
“What did you say?” I asked her shocked.
“I said don’t you need blood, after all you are a vampire too right or is my nose deceiving me?” I was stunned again and she giggled...
“Nah, I’m good thanks!” I remarked to her. She giggled again. Strangely this was true I wasn’t at all thirsty.
“So go on with your story” she said almost impatiently. I smiled at little at this.
“Ok,” and so I began to tell her my life story and brought her up to date at my life so far. It nearly broke my heart describing Ruby to her.
“I’ll not replace Ruby but I’ll be your Ruby Lottie. Can I please try? I like you and trust you too I can tell you’ll make a great mom.!”
I nodded my head at her unable to speak.

https://talesofthelost.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum