Tales of the Lost
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Tales of the Lost

The Secret!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Is Bastien going insane?

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Is Bastien going insane? Empty Is Bastien going insane? Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:59 pm

Admin

Admin
Admin

I closed my eyes and rubbed them with the heal of my hands but as soon as I opened them I saw the exact same thing. A wall with blood pouring down it. Making great big splashes into puddles on the ground. I could see it, hear it, and taste it. Everywhere I looked was a wall of blood. No Lottie, no Vera, no home, and no kitchen that I know I was definitely standing in a few minutes ago. I tried talking, calling Lottie, wondering if I was going mad. But when I tried to speak all I could hear was a feral growl coming from deep down in my throat. I covered my mouth with my hand in shock. Where had that come from? Maybe the blood was making me a little insane. The burn in the back of my throat was starting to cause pools of venom to fill my mouth. I moved to go and lick up the blood on the walls. But something stopped me. There seemed to be something preventing me actually going up to the wall. Like a force field or something. I could see all that delicious blood pouring just out of my reach. I felt my way around the walls to see if I could find my way to the wall. The smell got stronger and stronger and I found a crack in the wall and smashed it with my fist and the force field crumbled and smashed to the floor. I could hear thousands of shards of glass tinkle as they crashed off each other and clattered and splintered everywhere. I ran through the opening and found myself in a forest. I shook my head to try to clear my mind. I could hear my name being called. It was female voice but it wasn’t’ Lottie or anyone I recognised. The voice was taunting me now. I couldn’t find its owner. My throat was burning, raging for blood. I saw out of the corner of my eye a passing deer so I caught it and quickly drained it. All the while listening to the mocking laughter. It seemed to echo all around me and not come from a specific place. I saw people from my past all around me, laughing at me. What? But they were all dead! My parents! Grandparents! Bianca! Lottie! Oh thank god Lottie is here, she’ll be able to help. I made a beeline for her.

“Lottie, thank god you’re here. I don’t know what’s happening to me, it’s so freaky. “I proceeded to tell her all that had happened and then I saw that she was beginning to fade away and shimmer and then she vanished. I looked around me and saw that one by one the people around me were shimmering and vanishing too.

“Lottie” I called out to her in a panic. I heard that insane giggle again and it was really starting to piss me off now. I growled and looked around. Then seeing nothing I began to think that I was losing my mind. I sat down and began to rock back and forth, my hands covering my ears trying to block out the laughter. But the laughter seemed to get louder and louder to the point that I thought my head was gonna explode. Suddenly it stopped and the silence that followed it was louder. I looked up and saw that I was left in the middle of the field with a young girl of about my own age – 16. She was very pretty and had a lean body with long golden hair. She was smiling at me and was swinging a golden pocket watch in her hand. A girlish giggle escaped from her lips and I knew immediately it was her who had caused my nightmare. I growled at her.

“Really Bastien! “She giggled.

“Is that really how you thank me for giving you a wonderful dreams?”

“Who are you and what do you want from me?” I said through clenched teeth.

“Why silly boy, I want you!” she smirked at me.

“Sorry! But I’m taken, you’re out of luck, get lost and go pick on someone else.” I said. She smirked at me.

“We shall see” she responded.

“How, I’m leaving now” I said and turned to go but everything around me is spinning and I’m trying to focus on anything that I can to stop the spinning, she giggled and the sound of it sent shivers down my spine.

“Don’t you know Bastien darling that that isn’t true.” I felt all memories of Lottie and Vera being dragged out me and my family too. I reached out to grab them as they dissolved in front of my eyes.

“Noooooooooooooo” I cried dropping to my knees and falling down onto the ground screaming out my anguish. I felt a cool hand rubbing my face and I flinched.

“There, there darling, what’s the matter, what happened to you? Why did you run off?”

“LOTTIE?” I thought, I pulled my head up and saw Lottie gazing at me with a worried expression creasing her pretty face. It was such a comfort seeing her there that I grabbed her wrist and pulled her to me kissing her roughly.

“Oh Lottie, I’ve had ……kiss…..the ……kiss…..worst…..kiss…..nightmare. Lottie looked at me and laughed at me saying

“No darling, your nightmare is only beginning!” and before my eyes my Lottie became the girl.

“What are you?” I cried jumping away from her. “What do you want from me and why me?”

“My name is Skylar but my friends call me Skye for short and I need your help.”

“Geeeze, you’ve a funny way of asking for help. You could have just asked me instead of all of this” I said motioning my arms around the field and my head.

“I needed to get your full attention and for you to know what I could do if you don’t help Me.” she replied.

“What! So you expect me to help you after all that. Where I come from “help me please”! Works very well.

“Ya, well where I come from, this works better.” She replied.

“What exactly do you want Skye?”

“I need the help of you and your family, Bastien to help me defeat a vampire that has stolen my love and imprisoned him in a place I can’t access.”

“So what are you a shape shifter?”

“No, but I can make you see the things I want you to see. Kind of a mind controller if you will!”

“Ya, I gathered that. Buy Skye don’t ever try and kiss me again or you’ll have my real wife to deal with!”

“Ok, I promise!”

“C’mon back to the family so” I replied. I Wondered if I was being controlled again…all of my thoughts seemed to have left my head. Instead I kept getting memories of the beautiful girl in front of me, her crooked grin that seemed to melt my heart, images of her laughing and carefree, making daisy chains in the meadow with her sisters who were all more beautiful than the one before. I shook my head trying to clear the images and tried in vain to remember what Lottie and Vera looked like. I began walking following her as her hips swayed in front of me, mesmerising me. Her lush long hair caressed her back as it too swayed. I felt like I was meant to be following her. I felt happy and light and carefree. She turned to look at me. The sun hitting her green eyes, beautiful green eyes. Bewitching me.

“Tell me about Lottie” she smirked again at me. I nodded and tried to think of a single thing to tell her but all thoughts except her green eyes had vanished and all I could think to say was

“Who?”

“Where is your house so Bastien, are we nearly there?” I smiled softly at her and pointed to the house behind her. I wondered what it would be like to kiss her soft lips, to run my fingers through her soft lush hair, to pull her close to me for a hug and smell her lavender scented skin…

I walked in the front door followed by Skye and walked into a man who was just inside saying

“I know what we’re going to do.” Another beautiful girl with amber coloured eyes and pale skin and dark black hair came running up to me and caught my arm but I felt instant pain and I jumped back from her. She looked up at me in shock and then looked at my Skye behind me and I sensed that she was gonna try to hurt her so I went to stand in front of Skye to protect her.

“Bastien why don’t you tell your little girlfriend to stand down if she doesn’t want to get hurt.” Skye said. I heard a feral growl come from the dark haired girl’s throat……girlfriend??? I was getting confused…..surely Skye is my girlfriend so who was this girl and why did she want to attack us? Another girl spoke up, she was pretty too with long red hair…..

“Bastien, what are you doing bring that into our home?” she said. She was standing in front of a bunch of strangers. I didn’t understand why they seemed to be so aggressive. A little girl, very pretty with dark hair and red eyes came towards me and called me daddy…..i was even more confused who were these people and who am I?

The red head spoke again and said

“Bastien she is a bewitcher…..she’ll steal your mind and make you forget who you are.”

“Too late, he’s already mine!”

“Noooooooooooooo” said the long dark haired one and she growled again. Something in her voice shook me to the core.

I looked at Skye and she smiled her crooked smile at me and said

“Kill them all Bastien they are trying to hurt me. They are jealous of our love.” I turned to strike the dark haired girl when she suddenly said a word to me that sounded familiar

The look of love in the her eyes hit me to the core when I went to kill the girl in front of me with the amber eyes.

“DUGO Bastien” said the dark haired one to me. It stopped me from lashing out. Skye looked at me with a strange expression on her face. Why did that word mean something to me?

“DUGO, DUGO, DUGO BASTIEN NOW!” said the dark haired one again imploring me with her amber eyes to remember something. In a split second I snapped too and spotted Lottie and the family and the blonde stranger and I stared at her and realised what Faine had said was true so I stole her gifts and power and I fell to the ground. Skye vanished with an ear piercing screech. Lottie fell to her knees and grabbed my head and put it on her lap.

“Bastien, can you hear me” she shrieked. It broke my heart not to be able to reach out to her but I felt like I was paralysed. I could hear what was being said around me.

Vera was crying, so was Sophia, Faine was beside me consoling Lottie telling her I’d be fine that it will take time for me to recover because I had been under a spell by the bewitcher.

“What exactly is a bewitcher Faine?” Lottie asked.

“Well it’s kind of like an evil fairy. She had picked on Bastien to be her new slave so she would have shown things to him in a dreamlike state that he loves and then she’ll strip him of his memories and then finish it off by making him kill his loved ones so he would be bound to her for all eternity or until she found a replacement.”

“Oh my god,” said Lottie shaking, “I nearly lost you again. I didn’t realise there were fairies Faine.

“Oh” laughed Faine, this is Ireland, there are a lot of things I wouldn’t take for granted here at all.”

“How did he escape mommy?” asked Vera.

“I said our special word honey” she said to her as she hugged her tightly,

“What does Dugo mean mommy?” she asked again?

“Why Vera, it’s daddy’s special word he uses when he gets thirsty for human blood and as I’m the only other person that knew that word I was hoping it would throw the girl for long enough to distract her hold on daddy and thankfully it worked.”

“Wow, mommy, you’re a smart cookie.” She said using Nessie word. I smiled at that and Lottie saw the smile and leaned over and kissed me softly on the lips. I smiled into her lips as I realised that this was indeed my Lottie. I sat up and in a split second was standing and holding both Lottie and Vera in my arms and nuzzling into each other.

Eventually I realised that the family were all stood around watching us so looked up embarrassed slightly and told them what had been going on and how I had felt. I got a punch in the arm from Lottie when I got to the part where I was describing Skye.

Faine corrected her saying that I had no control when I was under a fairy spell and not to be too hard on me. I gave Faine a thankful smile. So when my story was done and my apologies said I realised that Carlisle had made a statement just as I was arriving back to the house.

“So what did I miss? I smirked.

https://talesofthelost.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum