Tales of the Lost
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Tales of the Lost

The Secret!

You are not connected. Please login or register

The gifts part 2

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1The gifts part 2 Empty The gifts part 2 Mon Dec 27, 2010 10:37 am

Admin

Admin
Admin

It’s just me and her. Of course, Alice already saw what was going to happen at our little cottage and being Alice, she was set on changing that vision. Being me, I was set on the birthday being a small party and I wasn’t letting Alice do it this time. Every time she threw a party for Bella something bad had happened.
Her birthday party had resulted in...well, I’m not going to say anything about that if I want to keep myself happy for the next few hours which I spend with Bella.
The graduation party ended with us forming a new truce with the mutts, which was an advantage in the battle, but a total sickness because I had to smell the repulsing dog smell for almost 24 hours wherever I went, back then. Now I’m used to it. What with Jake being around Nessie so much? Ugh. Jacob being around Nessie so much....
But Alice was Alice. She decorated the house in a different way than what she had done with Nessie’s party. I kind of liked it. It was soft and subtle. Blue streamers and flowers all over the room instead of baby pink streamers and balloons on Nessie’s birthday.
“Edward, I don’t want to celebrate my human birthday. Please. I don’t want to go.”, Bella had moaned this morning.
“Come on, love. Be a sport. They have done so much for this day. You want all of it to go waste?”, I asked innocently. Sometimes, I took advantage of her selflessness. Once she realised that people were going to suffer because of her, she would go to any extent to reduce or cease their suffering.
“Fine, Il’l go.”, she said a little unwillingly.
“Come here, you”, I said to make things better and pulled her in for a close embrace.
“Happy birthday”, I whispered silkily into her ear.
She quivered; it made me happy to know that I still had the same effect on her after all these years.
“Thank you, Edward.”, she replied.
I kissed her just below the ear and she sighed- in pleasure.
We took off from our little castle-cottage towards the house. Everybody was waiting with their gifts right at the door. Ofcourse, Alice had already seen what I was going to give Bella and she was doing her best to keep her “awww’s” inside her.
‘Edward, you couldn’t give her a better gift. Shel’l love you more after this, if thats possible.’ She thought towards me.
I smiled, looking down so that only Alice would notice it was in appreciation.
The gifts were definitely well-thought-of. Bella especially loved Esme’s And Carlisle’s gift.
‘Wow, Esme. This is like..... Im speechless.’, she said with feelings.
Esme hugged her shoulders. ‘Its just a something I made when I was bored.’
‘Whoa. I wonder what it would be if you had really put all your efforts into it!’
Esme chuckled. ‘Yes, that wouold be something.’
Unfortunately, she took Emmett’s gift well. As soon as Em appeared with the table, she ran upto him. Em set the table down to give her a tight bear hug. Sometimes it made me jealous how he could hug everybody so completely and almost protectively when I couldn’t. I was so much leaner.
‘Haha! So you liked it! Damn! I should have thought of something much meaner.’
‘Naw, Em. This is enough. Are you game right now?’ she asked him excitedly.
‘Wev’e got others to go, Bella. Later.’, I interrupted.
Her face fell. ‘Okay. Later then, Em.’
‘Sure thing, little sis.’
‘Guys! Shut up! Bella, here’s my gift!’. Alice winked at Bella and turned to go to her bedroom. She was back in the flash of a second.
‘Here. You can open it now if you want to!’
‘Sure’ Bella answered.
She unwrapped the silver wrapper and I could see the effort she put, to keep the frown off her face.
‘Wow, a dress. I love it, Alice. Thank you.’, she said as she went over and hugged her little sister.
The dress WAS pretty. A white summer knee-length frock with cute little flowersd all over it. Spaghetti straps and a flowy bottom. I personally adored it.
Bella’s shriek pierced me and I looked up to find Bella kneeled down on the ground touching a red motorcycle. Sleek, sexy and smooth even when still.
‘Wow wow WOW! Jasper! Thank you SO much for this! I love it!’ she turned to Jasper.
I caught her eye and smiled at her. I loved it when she was happy.
The motorcycle was red, sleek and stylish. Red interiors with a black seat and handles. It was the one of low seating. It was so amazing.
Bella smiled back; well, not smiled. She gave this triumphant smile that made my insides feel sloshy. So. Beautiful. She just kept staring at the bike, rubbing it all over, making sure it was there for real, I guess, sighing from time to time. Suddenly, she stiffened and looked back at her audience timidly.
‘Sorry, i just got overwhelmed with emotions.’, she told us giving a small smile.
‘Its okay, Bella! Now, for Edward gift!’, Alice answered for all of us.
‘Alice....’, I shut my eyes and shook my head. Couldn’t she let her enjoy her gifts? We had enough time to reveal my gift. And it was nothing that was going to affect anyone of them. I was giving it to her when we would be alone.
I felt Bella hold my hand and tugging on it. Prompting me to look at her. I opened my eyes and there she was.
‘What is it?’, she asked.
‘What?’, I replied.
Her mouth fell at the corners, ‘My gift. I want my gift.’
‘Not now. Not here, Bella.’
‘Why? Its the first time I’m liking all my gifts and I don’t feel guilty about anything.’ The inverted U opf her mouth was deepening and I didn’t want that to happen.
I kissed the edges of her lips. ‘I need to be alone with you. Please. Later?’
‘Kay’ she agreed excitedly. I knew it was about the “alone” thing.
‘You guys better go, Edward. It’s not just you who’s dying to spend alone time with their wife.’ Emmett mock-scowled at me, and then grinned.
‘Haha. You want to go, love?’, I asked Bella.
‘Sure’, she replied. She was having a hard time controlling the naughty smirk that lit her face up every time she thought about what I was giving her.
‘So, see you guys tomorrow then? Night, all of you.’, I smiled at my family.
‘I want to say something.’, Bella said. ‘I love you all. You are the most special people in my life and I never, never would want to be separated from you all. Youv’e given me everything. Love, support, strength and most importantly a family. A family that I never had. A family that I lost when my mother separated from my father and then married Phil years later. I don’t care if we lose all this- the house, the money, the gifts but there is one thing I never want us to lose and that is each other. Thank you for whatever you all have done for me. Not only today, but everyday before today and after today. Every day, every moment spent with you guys is special and close to my heart.’
Was this really her? My Bella speaking? She sounded so....well, not old, more mature. I was shocked to hear her say something like this. There was no doubt, that each word was the truth- it showed in her golden eyes. Esme looked like she was about to cry and was leaning into Carlisle. Carlisle had his arm around her waist, supporting her. Alice came up to hug Bella while Jazz just stood there and gave her a rueful smile. Rose stood there and smiled to Bella with Nessie in her arms. She would stay in the main house, with the family for the night. Emmett growled and said ‘Are you guys going to leave and lemme play with my niece or stay here and make everyone more sentimental?’
‘Yes, Em, wer’e leaving’, Bella sighed, with false frustration.
We held hands and left for our own little cottage. At least that was what Bella thought until I pulled her close to me suddenly. Holding her that way, I put my arms underneath her knees to knock them off the ground, so that my lamb was cradled in my arms and started running into a different direction.
‘Edward, whats happening?! Where are we going?’, she asked.
‘Somewhere special, love. You are going to love it.’, I flashed her favourite smile so that she could just keep mum and not speak much. I knew exactly how to use that smile now.

Edward.

https://talesofthelost.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum