Tales of the Lost
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Tales of the Lost

The Secret!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Roses are Red, Violets are Blue, My Rose is White and its Bleeding for You... Part 2

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Gabriel*and*Alice

Admin

March 26th, 2015

A heartbeat, strong and determined.

A heartbeat, the most wonderful sound I could ever imagine.

A heartbeat,...

...One that didn't belong to my love. She lay just as cold and motionless as she has been for the last 4 days. This new sound didn't belong to my children, nor to Ryder, he had gone out.

Who then? Who would it be?

I heard the front door open and then close. There were no footsteps, only Jordan who drew in a sharp breath.

A few minutes later I heard another voice in my mind.

'Where are you?' It asked.

I can't believe I didn't recognize that voice...

I heard footsteps on the wooden floor of the hallway, they walked my way until they stood just outside of the door.

I was still frozen to the spot, my demons whispering their lies and threats, as the door swung wide open. Standing in the door frame was my friend, my brother, my leader...old leader.

"Gabriel. What has happened?"

I can't respond, I can't speak, I can't move. I'm trapped. Sent spiraling into oblivion.

'Gavril, I miss you,' Kali whispers.

'Gabriel, what is wrong?' He asks.

'Gavril, I want you,' she purrs.

'Gabriel, tell me so I can help you.'

'He can't help you-'

'To hell I can't!'

The two of them start battling in my mind, screaming and cursing.

'Kali. I know of you, dear one, you have caused quite a bit of trouble, haven't you?'

'Indeed, I have. Its what we vampires live for, you set that standard. Or, at least, you used to. Now you hole yourself up within that stupid co-species bar you run. You mix mortals and immortals for fun. Playing tricks with their specialties, taking another meaning from their words. You are a disgrace to the name 'vampire', Rodrick.'

I couldn't believe what she had just said to him...he is the oldest vampire alive! Though I admit that he doesn't always act it.

'You play a game with us all, mortal and immortal. You tell us you are better, stronger, wiser, our king, but then you take amusement in such childish games and words. I deserve your title. I deserve to be there more than you do!'

Again, I couldn't believe the things she was saying! And that he was saying nothing in return!

Quicker than almost even I could perceive, Rodrick was in front of me, his hands gripping both sides of my skull, his fingertips sending a dangerous wave of pain throughout my body.

'Leave this one's body! Leave this one's mind! Leave this one's soul! How dare you make such accusations against me! How dare you say that you deserve the place of an ancient more! There is obviously a reason why I am still here and you are not. You played your dangerous game, Kali, I've played it too. But unlike you, I won more than I lost. Where we differ is that I know when enough is enough.' He had an authoritative voice, one that was laced in power and compulsion.

'You will regret those words, Rodrick. You will. When I come back not only will the world suffer, but you will too. And that will prove to you that I belong there more than you.'

Revenge. Its a powerful thing-it drives even the smart and cunning to madness and deceit. For some reason revenge is more important than life. I know the feeling well- I've got mine. My madness sent me to kill Kali, and in that rage I didn't think that she could haunt me this bad. I didn't think her threats could seem just as real as they did in life.

'You will never get that chance. Gabriel made sure of it.'

'That is what you think, Rodrick, but there are-'

'STOP!" I screamed, all of the pain and battle for control of my mind finally set me free. I was no longer trapped inside my own body. I felt Kali's hold and appearance dissapear. I was only with Rodrick and Johanna.

"Never do that again," I tell him, "I appreaciate the gesture, I do. But you don't know how much it hurt to have both of you in my mind at once.

"Yes, I apologize." He says.

"What are you doing here? What was that beat I heard?"

"Did you know that the mind and heart still work for a few minutes after the body is killed?"

"I do, I've tortured and killed before, as you know."

"Well, I brought you one last present before your humanity takes over." He pulls out a wooden box, painted black, and opens it. In the corner is a heart, still beating, trying to pump the blood it no longer possesed.

"Thank you, for the gesture, Rodrick. But that sound gave me false hope. It let me believe that for one second it was possible that I could be happy again. That sound let me believe that my love had defied destiny, fooled fate, righted the wrong, and had somehow escaped death again and come back to life."

"The lovely Johanna is dead then?"

"Look at her lying on the bed. Do you not see what I do?! Of course you don't. You see only a human lying dead in a bed. But I see a beauty fast asleep, I see my love frozen in time, I see her young body turning cold and aging and spoiling- I see what it shouldn't be."

"I have no love for humanity. But I do love your chivalry and agony. We are forever young and you still continue to feel only eternally damned. I don't understand it."

"Then you should leave."

"You have nothing left. No one. Don't you think you should be fighting for as many friends as you can get?"

"Only the ones who will accept me, humanity and all. Otherwise, I will do better on my own."

Rodrick stood, so did I.

I realized that a line had been drawn, and I instantly regretted the words that had left my mouth. The last thing I need right now is an enemy, which I fear I just made.

"Very well then," he says as I follow him down the hallway, "We will leave."

"We?!"

I followed him into my room where Nikola and my son were being kept. Lara was holding Nikola, Stormy stood by her, Reaper was standing upside down on the ceiling, making funny faces at her. They all cooed over my precious Nikola while Brielle was sitting alone with my son.

It was such a sight to see my red eyed murderers playing nanny and codling children. I went over to where Brielle sat, one arm holding his body, the other hand supporting his head.

"He's so tiny," she whispers.

"Yes, babies generally are." I replied evenly.

"I really like him. He is handsome and different, strong and charming. I never want to let him go."

"He is not yours to hold onto, Brielle. And I fear that your liking him will lead to nothing good."

"Anyone who likes him will be lead to nothing good, I can tell."

"You are wrong!" I say loudly, "He is human! Completely human, nothing about him is vampire. He is his mother's child."

She puts him down in the crib, nods her head and walks out of the door. The others do the same, placing Nikola down, and then following Brielle. Rodrick stood in the doorway, hands crossed in front of him, his shilouette outlined by the late afternoon light.

"All that is dead is reborn. Lost hope, lost life, lost love. You will get a second chance, Gabriel. Just let me know when you would like it."

Thunder crackles, lighting strikes, and in that flash of light, Rodrick dissappears. I take my children in my arms and lie down on the bed with them.

"Nikola, my son, pay no attention to them. They joke and lie, they say things they do not mean and things not meant to say. I will protect you and love you, that is all you need to know."

Lightning struck again! A fire had spread along the trees but a fire had spread in my heart.

That sound I so despise... That sound that gives me false hope... The sound I never again wanted to hear... Was back.

I heard a heartbeat...

-Gabriel

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum