Tales of the Lost
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Tales of the Lost

The Secret!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Faine loses the plot

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Faine loses the plot Empty Faine loses the plot Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:58 pm

Admin

Admin
Admin

I get up to tidy the already spotless kitchen and I brush away imaginary crumbs on the table.
“There now Mary, the kitchen is clean, will I go and fetch some milk for Sean’s tea? Hmm maybe some eggs for his supper too. What a good idea, yes I’ll get some flowers for the table too. He likes those little red ones. Seamus and Paddy will be back from their walk with Kalib soon. I must get Kalib a nice bone to chew on. I look at the letter on the table, it’s from my brother, he and Karen are coming to visit us soon and they are bringing a surprise. Wow, Mary, we haven’t seen Adam in ages. How exciting. No, no, sure didn’t I tell you before Karen and Adam can’t have kids. Yeah it’s a shame; it would’ve been nice to hear little voices around here. Ah sure we’ll just have to put up with our old scratchy ones. True for you.” I busied myself getting flowers and eggs and milk. I was surprised when I saw no chickens and cows. Ah blast it; someone must have let the gate open again. Dammit, I’ll have to go looking for them now and those sneaky chickens could be hiding anywhere. It was then that I saw the pretty people standing looking at me. I smiled at them at first thinking they were just hikers or maybe moving into the house on the hill. One of them came up to me and put her hand on my arm. She looked frightened.
“Hello” I said. “Can I help you?” She spoke to me but I couldn’t hear what she was saying.
“Sorry, can you speak up, I must be going deaf in my old age, what did you say?” I said in my kindest voice. She looked around at her companions who exchanged nervous looks. I stuck my finger in my ear and wiggled it in case there was something blocking my hearing. I turned to put water in the vase for the flowers and I saw the water trickling out of the tap and heard it hitting the sink. When I looked up again I was alone. I shook myself thinking I was imagining things, but jumped in fright when I felt a hand on my shoulder and I heard a growl.
“Ah, Kalib, Seamus, and Paddy, are ye back from yer walk? Great the kettle is just boiled, would ye like some tea. “Here Kalib, I’ve put water in your bowl there and pointed to the corner and clicked my fingers to get his attention, but as I looked around there was no-one there. I was starting to get frightened now. I closed my eyes tightly thinking maybe I’m dreaming and I pinched myself and then opened my eyes wide and there standing again in front of me were some young teenagers. Three girls and a boy. The pretty people.
“He….he…hello, can I help you?” I asked hesitantly. One of them came towards me again and it was like déjà vu, only this time I was scared and ran to hide from her. I don’t know why I was scared.
“Mary, Sean, Paddy help me I’m scared.” I shrieked out.
“It’s ok, Faine, it’s just me, Lottie, you know me, I am your sister.”
I figured that if I stayed quiet maybe they’d go away. I could hear her coming towards me slowly and I ran past her and took off running as fast as I could. There was no sign of Mary or the others and I was afraid that maybe the pretty people had harmed my friends in some way. Come to think of it as I looked back at the house and saw her following me, I didn’t recognize the house either. There was no sign of the farm I lived on. No animals either how strange. Never mind that the girl was following me and keeping up with me too. I ran even faster, expecting my heart to give out in my chest. Waiting for the thud of panic to reach my ears. Maybe I really was going deaf. I felt my chest with my hand and there was no thud of my heart at all. I stopped in shock. Was I dead? Maybe this is all a nightmare. I started to feel tightness in my chest and I couldn’t breathe. Maybe I am dying; maybe I’m having a heart attack. Maybe the person now standing next to me was an angel come to take me to the afterlife. So I turned slowly towards her.
“Are you an angel?”
“No, I’m your sister Lottie. Faine can you hear me. You’re lost and I’m trying to help you find your way back to me. I need you, we all do, we have to go and find Alec, Demitri, Felix, Chelsea, and Afton. They’ve been captured by the Volturi” she ended, screaming her pain to me.
“Who? What are you talking about? I’m dying aren’t I?” “Yes,” I nodded my head and began pacing up and down on the grass.
“No, Faine, you’re not dying” she said more gently to me, but her eyes were unfocused.
“Faine you have snapped since Alec left. We need to go and get him back. He is your love, your soul mate and your beloved husband. Don’t you remember? He’s your best friend. Don’t you remember the ambush after coming back from Jordan’s wedding?”
I shook my head looking at her puzzled.
“Don’t you remember your wedding? Paddy’s death?
“What” I shrieked,” “Paddy is dead? When did that happen? Where are Sean, Mary and Seamus, what have you done with them?” I said harshly to her and I walked towards her menacingly poking my finger into her chest.
“Who’s this Alec you keep talking about; I have no husband, you are lying. Why are you trying to trick me for, are you trying to kill me too? Why? What are you doing? Where is my family?” I was screaming at her by now.
“Please Faine you have to come home with me, please I beg you,
“I wonder will Sean be in for his supper soon, Mary will be back from town again soon. Hope she got the bacon.”
“Where is Alec? How come he didn’t come and find me? Lottie answer me, where is Alec?”
“Oh Faine you’ve come back to me, oh thank God.” I got a sudden pain in my chest and I doubled over groaning
“Oh, I’m dying, the pain in my chest, I’m having a heart attack,” I wailed.
“No Faine, it’s Alec, you miss him. You know somewhere in your mind that he’s not here” she replied.
“Who’s Alec?” I said again.
“Look, come on, I’ll bring you home, Mary’ll be looking for you.” she said.
“Oh yes Mary will be looking for me, can’t have her worrying after what happened with Seamus.” I took the hand she offered to me.
“Where’s he gone to?” I asked
.“Who are you?”
“I am Lottie, your sister, come and meet you’re other sisters.”
“But all my other family is dead the famine killed them all except me and Adam. But then he left too cause he fell in love with Karen and I was left on my own forever. Until paddy came and saved me.
We walked for a short while and Lottie turned around to me and said I can’t believe you don’t remember Alec.”
“Poor old Sinead, Fiona and carol along with James died in the house, you know it was the starvation and the blight of the potatoes that got em in the end. Serves ma right for having so many kids in dem days. My da died first you know. He was a lazy man never did much for my ma and us. He liked gambling what little money we had. He never won much and we was always hungry. So when Mick changed me and Adam we weren’t hungry no more.”
“When you say changed what do you mean?” she prompted.
“I mean, uh…” I stopped cause if I told this kid what I was she’d have me put in the Looney bin, not that that would hold me, but I didn’t want no-one looking for Me.” so I said instead
“Turned us into wealthy folks by giving us money and put food in our bellies.”
“I know you’re a vampire Faine,” she said and I could feel my eyes getting round as I stared at her in shock.
“It’s ok, we all are.” I thought then for a split second I was back in Mick bunions’ clan again and started to feel afraid, was my whole life my imagination. I started to breathe heavily then and I felt her hand on my back rubbing in a circular motion,
“It’ll be ok Faine I know your confused and worried and scared but don’t worry I’ll mind you.”
I stared at her wondering whether to trust her or not and I suddenly pulled her into a hug. I felt the strongest of urges to hug her so I did. She wrapped her arms around me and started sobbing.
“Oh Faine I wish you could remember I feel so lost without you, you’re my sister and my best friend and I don’t know what to do, Katy won’t come out of her room and Valentina is gone to get Hazel and Jordan is on her honeymoon and I can’t reach her and Chelsea is gone and all that’s left is us. And Gabriel is back but he’s trapped in his own world too and I think I’m going mad. Only for Bastien, I’d be like you. What can we do?”
“Shush, shush, it’s ok, momma’s here it’ll be alright we’ll fix it together.”
She leaned back and looked into my eyes trying to read my thoughts but I couldn’t let her in. She shook her head in sadness, leaned back into my arms again, and hugged me tighter

https://talesofthelost.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum