Tales of the Lost
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Tales of the Lost

The Secret!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Chapter Three

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Chapter Three Empty Chapter Three Sun Apr 06, 2014 10:23 am

Admin

Admin
Admin

Beatrice traveled a long way in a surprisingly short time. With her new powers, feeling  invincible and incredibly free at the same time.  She ran up the Himalayas as if it were flat ground and reached a long and very well hidden log bungalow. Due to recurring dreams she knew it was fate. Walking up to the big teak front doors. There were no ornate carvings on it like you’d expect. The only thing gracing them was a simple knocker ring held in the mouth of a brass lion. The area around her was white, with snow covering everything. She could hear birds happily chirping in the trees and a feeling of calmness filled her mind and body. Knocking sharply on the door, she jumped as a she heard.
Beatrice, we have been waiting for you.” The door opened silently and a small dark haired lady wearing a black dress, tights and shoes smiled kindly at her as she gestured to her to come inside.
Beatrice looked around her as she went through and was instantly hit with sweet scents of Jasmine and Sandalwood. The interior of the building had several unusual wall designs depicting scenes of great battles, all painted in black silhouette. Big explosions of colours were the backdrops. Some of the drawings were detailed in number and some were just impressions, as if there were too many to paint. The little woman beside her kept up with her pace and she gently caught her by the elbow as she guided Beatrice down another long hallway. On these walls were drawings of flowers of every colour and description. It’s as if they had figured out a way to preserve real flowers, keeping them in their full bloom and form. It took her breath away at the beauty of nature. She glanced at the woman beside her and noted her eyes were glowing violet. She was smiling.
“Through here, dear. Watch your head the doorway is a bit low.” Beatrice followed, ducking her head at the last second. In this room, it was bright and spacious  filled with natural windows in big panes. There was a long brown table at which four girls were sitting. They looked up and said one by one
Bonjour, I’m Penelope, I’m French.
Failte, I’m Mairead, I’m Irish.
Dobry, I’m Natalia, I’m Polish.
Selam, I’m Seraphine, I’m Turkish.”
The woman beside me introduced herself then. “I am Nevaeh I’m from here. Ladies this is Beatrice.” Placing one hand behind her back and propelled her forward towards the other girls. “From England, our newest addition that I told you was coming to us. Please make her feel at home.”
Beatrice pulled her skirts out at the sides and gave a little curtsey, saying, “Hello, how are you all keeping?”
“Why aren’t her eyes violet like ours?”
She looked around to see who had asked the question. But it seemed as though nobody had spoken. Then she heard Nevaeh’s voice and glanced to her lips, but they didn’t move as she heard.
“Because hers have only just changed and it only happens to her during anger.” She held her hand over her mouth in surprise. How did they do that and how come I can hear them?
The pale, pretty red-headed girl, Mairead smiled and it’s as if the whole room filled with light. She opened her perfect rosebud lips and said, “We all speak our own native tongues, but because we can hear mind speech in our own language, we don’t have to spend time translating it.” She noticed she didn’t move her lips even though her mouth was open, yet she heard everything she said.
Natalia, a beauty to look at with her pale skin, distinctive cheekbones and long dark hair, smiled and did the same as Mairead, saying, “Welcome to our humble home. I will teach you ways to control your gift.”
Penelope, a small slip of a woman, stood and curtsied. “I will teach you how to protect yourself. You are a very special being and have been chosen for a purpose. To  find your soul mate once you have tamed his wild spirit.”
Seraphine, a tall slim girl with dark brown skin, long luscious black hair and violet eyes that seemed huge in her small face, was gentle as she spoke. “I will teach you how to weave your gift so you will seem mysterious to those around you.”
Nevaeh said, “I will teach you the ways of martial arts and all forms as such so you may be able to defend yourself at all times. You must not die; you are very important in the grand reasoning.”
Mairead spoke then. “I will teach you the fine arts and skills to make you become knowledgeable in life, its customs, and people.”
Beatrice said with a smile,“and I will teach you  patience.”
They smiled and Beatrice felt she was home at last.
Many years later, Beatrice had learned to hone her gifts to perfection. She was in tune with all sound around her. She could manipulate a person’s thoughts without them being aware of it. She could disappear through hypnosis. She was acutely perceptive of all sounds and smells. She had developed exceptional strength through all the years of martial arts training. She walked or ran with the stealth of a wild cat vat hunting its prey. She fed upon the plants that had been genetically modified for her kind. So far only the 6 six of them had found their way up to the top of these mountains. There were others of their kind out there, but all being held captive in much the same way as Beatrice had when she was married to that beast. He was one of the hosts. There are only 10 ten of them known to the sisterhood.
She heard about the book of Lost Souls one day when she was out collecting ingredients to make the plant food, dressed in her usual man’s disguise to prevent harm when hunting alone. A group of rough sounding men were mumbling in a group up ahead of her. She quietly sprung up the branches of a nearby tree. She walked as closely as she dared and tuned into a big ugly one. He seemed to be the leader.
“The book of Lost Souls, our financial gain is at hand boys!” A loud cheer erupted and among manly slaps on each others backs.
“Mr. Fiedelstro will be paying us highly for this booty.,He said again and laughed evilly, sending shivers down her spine. (huh?)
“Lost souls pay big mullah for their freedom!!!”
Beatrice immediately felt she must rescue that book. I and in a flash, she was down off the tree and had grabbed the book out of the surprised man’s hands, and had gone running ran out the other side of their camp in another flash. She took off running at full pelt, aiming for home. She was still tuned into the leader and heard the commotion of what she’d left behind. Mostly panic and anger, the realisation that the book was gone. She heard them gathering up their gear to track down the book again. Beatrice stopped mid stride and changed direction away from home. She couldn’t bring unnecessary hatred into the home. She dared to go it alone and evade them, or take them out one by one. As she was running, new thoughts entered her mind. A man’s rich velvety thoughts . He could smell her. She was on her rose time of the month. For a solid week she’d smell strongly of roses. His voice was drawing her to him. She sniffed the air and tracked him. Another male was with him and they were vampires. She knew their scents, slightly too sweet. She recognised him instantly.
Dominic!!!
She had thought he was dead.
She used ESP and told Nevaeh that she had found her soul mate and that she was safe. She smiled when she heard “God bless you, my child.”

https://talesofthelost.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum