Tales of the Lost
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Tales of the Lost

The Secret!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Flint Chapter 2

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Flint Chapter 2 Empty Flint Chapter 2 Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:12 pm

Admin

Admin
Admin

Flint 2
The smell of rotting flesh reminded me of something of some where the smell of sea it left a salty taste in my mouth, The brightness that shone in my eyes died down to a simple blue haze, it surrounded me completely, but still I couldn't see.

My senses were picking up every little sound and smell. A faint smell of oranges wafted by me, then I heard a little whimper. I have no idea where I am. Fear started to creep around me this is what I fear most not knowing what’s going to happen.

“Erica” I whisper helplessly it pains me to depend on her.

“Yes” she whispers back a hint of joy in her tone.

“Where are we? Dam it stop playing games with me.” I growl. The whimpering grows louder and a rattling sound echoes in my ear.

“Focus flint this has to come from you” I hear her whisper from a far.
I reach my arm out to feel for anything familiar, nothing, but empty space greets me.

Suddenly a dark shadow fly’s past I back away instantly.

“What was that?” I try to move, but I am frozen petrified of what waits for me, I am no longer the hunter, I am the prey.

“Your remembering, keep going, keep pushing”

“Remembering what? What is going on?” more black swirls make their presence known and sound feels my ears chitter chatter of passer-by’s, the clip clop of hooves.
The cobbled street comes in to view, brown cobble stones.
I can see……, I CAN SEE……….. I tilt my head the world looks upside down then I realise I am lying down.
I lift my head, my wet hair clings to my face, and I sit up and take in the beautiful view.

We are in a street with houses, the glow that comes from them looks so warm and inviting, I look up to the sky it is pitch black, except for the moon looming brightly overhead its silvery violet haze coating us in light, but I can see as if it was day.
My vision is impeccable the contrast of colours are so vivid, I reach a hand out in front me and grab the air, I scramble up and laugh joyfully. “I can see” I scream. I stumble forward and hit the floor, I wave my hands in the puddle of clear water and watch the ripples flow, my reflection slowly comes to view, long dirty brown hair and awful facial hair greets me, piercing red eyes watch me, I jump back, I hear the giggle that belongs to Erica I look over to her stood watching me from the side street.

I wish I could say she took my breath away with her auburn long wavy hair, her face so perfectly sculptured high cheek bones. Her pale pink glossy lips smiling shyly her green eyes dazzle.
But she took my sight and I cannot forgive her for that. I turn away from her.

“Where are we?” I ask bitterly.

“Where it all began” she whispers in my ear. I spin around to face her but she has gone, where did she go? I close my eyes and concentrate that faint smell of orange hits me, I follow the scent it grew stronger I made my move I pounced up into the air opened my eyes to find I was hovering over Erica, I land in front of her effortlessly, She gasps and scowls at me.

“I told you, never helpless” she lifted her head up high and carried on walking.
I understood her point. I step in line with her.

“Where what, began?” I ask her she looks to me and smiles.

“You will see” she seemed certain of herself the way she walked like she was important.

“Is this real?” I question

She laughs it sends a shiver through me.

“Of course it’s real but it happened a long time ago, flint this is your past.” I stop, feeling suddenly light headed something told me I didn't want to see this. Then it happened.

My brother being thrown across the street right in front of me, he had blood seeping from his mouth, his face was blue from the beatings he had taken, his hands were bloody too like he had been hitting a wall, but I knew better I knew what happened I remembered it, his blood didn't make me feel hungry, it did the opposite I felt sick, my legs wobbled when I heard his plead.

“Stop” he gurgled through the thick blood pouring out of his mouth “please stop” then the shadow jumped through the night air and pounced on my brother and drank from him.
That shadow was me, I took his human life.
Erica bent down in front of me preventing me to see myself mutilating my brother.

“You took something that wasn't meant for you, you were too selfish to leave alone.” A scream pierces my ear and I know it’s the past’s me cry as realisation hit me I had drained him dry.

“You bought him over “ I whisper to Erica remembering her fussing over his body checking if he had a pulse, I sat there motionless watching her she didn't need magic to blind me, my own inner turmoil was enough to keep me sated.

“You screamed at me, ranted about what an selfish idiot I was that I should have left him be, but he was my brother I wanted to share with him what I had, I didn't feed of him because I was hungry” I swallow the bile in my throat.

“Maybe that wasn't your intention but you did flint you took it all. The only reason I could help him was because of your connection with him, your blood was his blood, I bound you both together a ritual that should never be performed, and I did it for you flint.”

“Then you took my world away” I say very quietly. My past me screams had died down to sobs and begging Erica to save him.

“I had no choice.” She sighs then places a hand over my eyes the darkness returns but the faint scent of orange stayed with me, she stayed.

https://talesofthelost.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum