Tales of the Lost
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Tales of the Lost

The Secret!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Flint Chapter 1

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Flint Chapter 1 Empty Flint Chapter 1 Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:00 pm

Admin

Admin
Admin

Flint chap 1
A scratching sound awakens me from sleep, although it’s not really sleep, it’s just the way my body shuts down, like I'm actually dead. Sometimes it can be for days, months even years.
The smell of decomposing flesh soon awakens the inner demon that is our curse.
We will rot if left, but we have to be compelled before we let ourselves get that far.
I stand and sniff the air, the scratching has stopped, but I can smell the little critter, I can smell its blood pumping through its tiny body, a rusty disgusting smell.
I listen intently in my mind I can see, I know where everything is placed. It’s a tiny room with one window facing east. I know this from the comments of passers-by, a rocking chair behind me where I spend my time. There is a fire place of which is a lit when I have guests, its long time dead now but the embers of ash still linger in the air reminding me it’s there. A dining table stands alone in the middle of the room, it’s a simple man’s shack, my home my prison. The walls are made of old stone it looks beautiful in my mind.

I step around the table fluidly not making a sound a squeak from the other side of the room grabs my attention a smile crosses my face, there is two little critters it seems. I pounce and grab hold of a long thin tale, feels like velvet so soft, it squeals with fear. I lift the rat up high over my face and lower him down I feel his whiskers tickle my nose. "Don’t worry little fella, I won't eat you." I bend down and let it free, animal blood does nothing for me in fact it makes me terrible ill.

I feel around my surroundings trying to place where I am. I touch the stone cold wall and guide myself, I shuffle slowly; far too aware that there is a table close by. I can smell the rotten old blood I gouged myself with, it left me so full that I could rest; it’s the only way to pass the time these days, What else can a blind vampire do but wait to die, As if that was ever an option, No forever trapped in this dark place.

I've been through all the stages of vampirism the thirst agonizing. Feeling euphoric once you have killed enough to satisfy the demon with in. Then the depression, the why me I was good wasn't I? Not in my case apparently, I don’t remember, then the need to kill comes back full force and being in the predicament I'm in, it didn't make it easy for me to kill so easily. I had to teach myself discipline, the fits of anger would not help tearing the room apart to just fall over broken objects I had to teach myself to use my senses of smell and hearing, having a picture in my mind of everything in its place.

I soon discovered when something was missing or had been moved. Foolish human hikers thinking they had struck gold finding this place in the middle of nowhere, keep the rain off them for the night. Myself holed up in the corner, this place would make a great horror story one day. I plan not to be here when that happens; the mystery will haunt the minds.

I find my chair and relax back into it. The blood on the table will have to be washed away soon; the bodies will never be discovered. Beauty of natural wildlife, Wild wolves live close by I leave the remains for their supper. I make myself comfortable and wait for my next meal to come to me, a wisp of air blew past my cheek, I spring to a crouch position fluidly, I listen for any sounds, nothing and no new scent, I listen for a few minutes more, nothing maybe madness is setting in early.
I sit back down.
"Ouch" a sharp women’s voice fills my head. I fly across the room crashing into something. I'm not sure what or where I landed. "Really flint you should be more careful, you have ruffled my dress." I hear her complain I hear fabric been brushed the awful scrapping noise, it sends shivers down my spine. I sink to the ground.

"What do you want" I sigh, it’s been a while since Erica has visited and when she comes I normally ignore her presence. She is nothing to me; the little witch cursed me to this dark lonely place.

"I'm bored flinty" I can hear her hair swaying I imagine her shaking her head. I growl into the open space

"Don’t call me that" I warn. She thinks I am her pet, Maybe I am, If she carried a scent I would rip her heart out and keep it as a keepsake, But she doesn't have a heartbeat or a scent, she comes and goes the only way I can tell she is here is by the air its moves around her, When she comes close enough I can tell.

"Are you still in a grump with me? Really flinty you should get over it" she sounds irritable. I rise to my feet and charge hitting nothing. But furniture, I hear her giggle I look up and around silence fills the air.

"This amuses you does it? Playing with the helpless” I ask.

"Please you are far from helpless" I hear her scoff. I spin in the other direction, her voice came from somewhere in the room she made me feel so disorientated, anger rises from the pit of my stomach, if I could breathe fire like a dragon the place would be a blaze.

"You took away my sight do you not think that is punishment" I question trying to keep my anger at a lower simmer.

"Punishment yes, but you are not helpless” she tut’s, her happy tone faded and grew more serious, “I have done you a great favour; you will thank me one day". I take a deep pointless breathe.

"I'm a blind vampire stuck in this dark place I will never die; I will never see the world. Do you know how lonely it is? Have you sat in the dark all by yourself waiting in anticipation working that bit harder to survive?" Why was I being so open with her? Why acknowledge her now.

I wait for her reply but I receive nothing. "GREAT JUST LEAVE THEN" I scream in frustration.

Air wraps around me then I feel a hand on my shoulder.
"I have never left flint. I've been here the whole time, waiting for you to accept your fate" her voice was so calm it soothed away my anxiety. I shake her off.

"Stop with your magic witch" I snap.

"Flint I wish you would understand the need for you to accept your fate." she repeated

"My fate that disappeared when I was bitten, Then you made me blind" a cruel laugh escapes my lips.

"You were chosen flint you but no you wouldn't have it that way too greedy weren't you to bloody stubborn to accept what was meant to be.” I hear something being moved. “I had no choice flint you gave me no choice what so ever I had to take it away, we all suffered thanks to your mistake." I try to remember but it’s all a blur.

"I don't remember" I sigh.

“You won’t, not until I allow you” I can hear joy in her voice; if I could see her she would be smiling I'm sure. She loves to control I remember that.

"More trickery” I sigh tired off this conversation.

"No” she shouts “I guess it’s time for you to see but I warn you flint this was you’re doing”
A bright light fills my head instantly I raise my hands over my eyes but I ‘am not seeing through my eyes I'm seeing through hers…………………….

https://talesofthelost.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum