Tales of the Lost
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Tales of the Lost

The Secret!

You are not connected. Please login or register

MOVING OUT AND MOVING ON....

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1MOVING OUT AND MOVING ON.... Empty MOVING OUT AND MOVING ON.... Mon May 09, 2011 10:48 pm

Gabriel*and*Alice

Admin

MOVING OUT AND MOVING ON...
July 5th, 2011

Gabriel,
Your exact words were ' I'm done with you. So either you get over your problems and come to the party with us, or you can leave.'
I'm usually one to follow advice from friends, so I gladly left. Our friendship used to mean a lot to me but I'm glad it meant so little to you that you could just toss me aside and run for somebody else. Be nice when you are 'done with' Johanna. Your friends were shocked when you had me as a friend, they said you could be very dark and medieval. But I wasn't afraid of you, I knew you were a vampire, I could see that you had been hurt in your life. But isn't losing everyone you love in your mortal life a good enough reason to fight for the friends you can find in your immortal one? I thought your friends were wrong about you...but now I do see the monster and I agree with them. Any mortal that finds this angel of death will be lured in by the mask of pain and suffering of a fellow human, only to fall deeper into a trap and then immediately cut loose, as if they were nothing.
Tell Jordan I say thank you for the coffee.
Tell Sophia she is beautiful, powerful, and will be alright.
Tell Valentina I am sorry that we couldn't get to be closer (seeing as I only knew her for a day) but that I would have liked her friendship very much.
I am shocked that you've read this far, shouldn't you be off telling Johanna how "lovely" she looks?
-Rhoan Boulevardi

That was the letter Rhoan had left me last night. The page is ready to rip from me folding and un-folding it constantly. I must have read it at least 3 dozen times probably more. Rhoan is gone. I can't even really believe it. But its true. The basement he created to keep me in at Jordan's is also gone. After 621 years of killing people, I didn't think I could miss a human so much. But that isn't true, Rhoan isn't just a human, he was a good friend. He did so much for me and he hardly knew me.
I had sent Johanna upstairs saying that I couldn't be with her because I had business to take care of. She reluctantly went upstairs to bed while I stayed in the main room and read the letter. Valentina soon came along and aggravated me.
"Hey!! So where's my buddy?" She asks referring to Rhoan.
I can't bring myself to say that he has left so I hand her the letter.
She finishes it quickly and then throws it into my lap.
"You jerk!" She screams, "What did you do to him?!"
"I don't understand, Valentina. You don't even know him for a day and already he's your best friend?!"
"Yeah. Why can't he be? But that's not just it, he was your friend. He cared about you! He wanted to help you even though you were being a monster."
So everybody thought I was a monster. Its all coming out now, isn't it.
"Haven't you ever heard of 'bros before hos'?!?"
"What?" That was a new one.
She got annoyed with me and let out an angry sigh, "Never mind. Look, I'm not saying that it was right of him to say you should choose between him and Johanna but you shouldn't have written him off like that. He really was trying to help."
It was my turn to be angry now, "You think I don't know that? You think I don't miss him? Well I do!" I got quiet, "He was the first one who didn't run, he wasn't afraid of me. Valentina, I wanted to make things right, that's why I went in there last night, so we could-"
"No. You didn't. You wanted to tell him all about your wonderful night with Johanna. But to do that you would of had to apologize. What an inconvenience for you." She yelled and then stormed out.
I groaned and put my face in my hands. Great, I am now public enemy number one in a house of vampires. Peachy. Just peachy.
Johanna woke up around 10 and came and sat across from me in a chair.
"Gabriel, am I causing you a problem?"
"What? No. Well, it wasn't your fault."
"Do you want me to leave?"
I leaned forward and grabbed her hand, "No. I lost Rhoan and I can't lose you for a third time. That would just kill me, Johanna. I want you here as sure as I want to be here."
She smiled nicely, "Do you feel like this is working out? Is it worth continuing?"
Its only been 2 days and she wants to make a life changing decision?
"Do YOU want to continue this?"
Her eyes burned with a clear intensity, "Yes."
I breathed relief, "So do I."
"Good. Would you come into town with me? I need to enroll in college up here."
She was serious about this lasting a long time.
"Of course I will."
Having her enroll in college here is...great! That means she wants to stay but she isn't just some lovesick girl, she's serious about the rest of her life too.
Johanna and I borrowed Alec and Faine's car, I didn't want to ask Valentina for hers.
First we made a stop at the college, after Johanna had enrolled herself she told me it was a college for art. She wanted to be artist she told me. And I could see her with paint in her hair and her eyes wild with passion for her art. It may not be my style, but I would encourage her. Oh boy, here comes the thing about morals. Just like Rhoan said, I was forgetting everything I once stood for.
After that we were on our way to get more food for Johanna to eat when she just pulled over the car and ran out. I wanted to ask where she was going but she left to fast. I saw her cross the street and run into the local bar.
What is going on? She comes out about 20 minutes later beaming as if she had just discovered Atlantis or something. As soon as we are driving again I ask her what all that was about.
"You, sir, are looking at the newest waitress of that fine establishment." She was so happy.
"That's great?"
"Its a job! Job means money!" She said excitedly.
As if I really needed more of that, but I didn't say so.
"I heard Rhoan arguing with you last night. Do you not want me to buy you different clothes? Or the cell phone?"
I thought for a little bit. 'What's next? Your hair? Then a tattoo? Or how about a piercing?'
"No, it was fine. And you meant well."
"Just tell me." She pleaded.
"Alright. I thought it was weird at first. You had just gotten back and already we were moving into this-"
"I wanted to get past all that stuff so we could just be together and be us." She explained, eyes fixated on the road ahead.
"I understand. I don't mind. it was really very sweet of you. I want to be able to walk down the street holding your hand, and I want you to be proud of me. Whether that means the way I look or act, I don't know."
She picked up my hand and kissed it, "I am proud of you."
She took a sharp turn to the right.
"Where are we going?"
"The mall. Since you don't mind new clothes."
I put on a smile and the next three hours blurred by. I had no idea we were only shopping for me, and it was interesting. Johanna picked out everything. From the simple stuff like grey sweat pants and a white undershirt to board shorts and flip flops to jeans and button down shirts all the way to a nice suit. It was.....actually sort of fun. Not like I want to do that every day but it was pleasant and Johanna had a ball choosing my outfits.
Nobody knew what to think when we came home with all those shopping bags, I feel like they thought I murdered a dozen people and brought there maimed bodies home! I wouldn't do that....with Johanna around anyway.
The rest of the day was uneventful. I was kind of hoping that Rhoan would at least tell Jordan he was okay. If he wouldn't talk to me, fine. But he should at least let one of us know he was okay. I'm sorry, Rhoan, I really am. If it had to end, it at least shouldn't have ended that way. Now, I don't really believe in God, but I hope He keeps you safe through your travels and I hope He helps you find your way back to us.
-Gabriel

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum