Tales of the Lost
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Tales of the Lost

The Secret!

You are not connected. Please login or register

A NEW ADDITION TO THE FAMILY...

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1A NEW ADDITION TO THE FAMILY... Empty A NEW ADDITION TO THE FAMILY... Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:30 pm

Gabriel*and*Alice

Admin

A NEW ADDITION TO THE FAMILY...
July 2nd, 2011
Rhoan did it! He taught me latin in 8 days! We would have been done sooner if he didn't have to sleep and do all that human stuff. But still, he taught me how to read, write and speak latin. I can't wait to actually use this one day, which I probably won't get to do since Latin is a dead language.
I made Rhoan spend all our free time teaching me so I kind of don't know what to do now. I think Rhoan was catching up on missed sleep so I went into my room at the main house and laid in the bed. This seemed awfully boring, I couldn't understand how humans liked just sitting there. I thought of the time I'd spent with Rhoan. There were a couple hours when we took a break from latin and just talked about our lives. And there was also one night when we left the house entirely! Just after the sun had set, Rhoan brought me into town to teach me about today's women. Emphasis on 'today's', I could handle girls from the 1600s all the way up to maybe the early 1800s, but after that just forget it. The way women spoke, the way they dressed! God help us! I just couldn't get used to it, I thought it was fairly improper....the king of improper and he can't stand it! Hah!
We stayed out until dawn (no joking) and partied. Well, Rhoan partied, I kinda watched. Until this one girl he was dancing with came over and got me, he found another girl to dance with so this meant that she was all mine. Of all the things to do or say to the girl and I couldn't think of anything to do except me drinking her blood.
'Just talk to her!' Rhoan's voice said in my mind.
"Hi. I'm Gabriel." I sneaked a glance at him and all he would do is shake his head.
Well, tough Rhoan, its a start.
"I'm Pam. Do ya dance?"
All I wanted to say was 'no' but instead I said, "Not well at all."
She laughed and said she would teach me, which she did. Thanks to me being a vampire, I mastered this dance rather quickly. I even started smiling and laughing a bit. The night was wonderful, and when all was done Rhoan was exhausted, me? I could have done it again, and I would soon.

Such good times Rhoan was able to show me, and I was glad he had come into my life. I was glad he talked to me on the plane, glad that he found me in London, glad that he saved my niece, and glad that he saved me.
Yes, that means I'm better. I don't crave that voice any longer or the warmth it brought. I asked Rhoan if he was better, he said no. I told him he should just take the bandages off his wrists, Josh was at his house and I would be okay around him. Rhoan said I was kind to offer, but he knew that if I saw those signs again it would be a major set back.
Yeah, I even asked Rhoan if he would stay with us, if The Order would let him. He agreed to stay happily and said The Order didn't mind. We asked Faine and Alec, Jordan and Josh, and Chelsea and Afton as well, they didn't mind at all. That made me smile, to know that through it all, I would always have him with me. Like a younger brother, but smarter, he would be there.
My thoughts were interrupted by a sound coming from outside. It was the sound of a car door being slammed, and I wondered who it could be. None of us used cars, we were vampires!
I crossed the wood floor and looked out the window. You would never believe who stepped out of that taxi, with suitcases and all.

"Johanna..." I breathed under my breath.
Without hesitation I ran down the stairs and opened the door before anyone else could. The cab was gone now and I continued running until I was about 10 feet in front of her.
"Hello, Gabriel." She smiled.
"Johanna..." I couldn't breathe.
She dropped both of her suit cases and ran into my arms. She got onto her tiptoes and threw her arms around my neck holding me tight.
Her hair smelt lovely, just like sunshine.
This was all I've wanted, all I've dreamed of since she left. It was her who haunted my every waking thought, her who made me leave my friends, her who drove me to The Seven Deadly Sins. She caused so much, caused so much pain and desire, so much pain.
She was all I wanted since I first saw her...and now...I couldn't bring myself to wrap her in my arms.
She sensed my discomfort and pulled away, "Gabriel, what's wrong?"
Her beautiful grass green eyes looked up at me, causing her wavy blonde hair to cascade like a waterfall down her back. I noticed that she looked healthier, with rosy cheeks and a tan that made her green eyes pop.
"You." I replied and then stepped away from her. I would never push her away from me, but I would step away from her.
"I don't understand." Her eyes started getting watery.
"You left me when I needed you the most. How can you expect me to just be here waiting for when you feel like being with me?"
"I'm sorry. I was upset and confused and worried about my parents. I needed to make sure they were okay."
"What about me? If you didn't care about me then, why should you now?"
This was all the truth. As much as I wanted to just hold her again, I had moved on. I didn't think of her as much and I didn't wish she were here, I was fine with my family and friend.
"I always cared about you. Really, I did. But my family comes first. I couldn't love the man whose ex almost killed my parents. But I can love the man who saved their lives." Her hand was on my chest, over my heart.
I pushed her hand away, "Take a good hard look at me, Johanna. I'm both of those people."
"What are you saying?" She asks, her eyes tearing.
"What are YOU saying?" I reply.
She shakes her head, "I don't know why I thought you would take me back, I guess I thought that you of all people would understand the need to protect your family."
She was right.
"Gabriel, I want to be with you. I want to sleep at night knowing that I'm safe because you are watching me. I want to bring you into today, show you what its like to live. I want to be there for you when you need me, even if I can only comfort you by holding you. I want to be your reason to live."
She didn't know that she already was my reason for living.
"You said we could make this work. So let's." She was trying to smile.
I couldn't though, I still couldn't forgive her, "That was before you turned your back on me."
And then I turned and ran from her. I pushed my way through the crowd that had formed at the door and ran up the stairs. I slammed my door shut and locked it. I still couldn't breathe, and I didn't know if I had made a big mistake, or if I had saved myself from one. I couldn't even make it to the bed, I was so confused, so I just put my back to the door and slid to the ground. Downstairs, I heard the family welcoming Johanna in and offering her to stay in the house. They were just being friendly but I still couldn't help but feel betrayed. Johanna knocked on my door a few times and tried to talk to me but I wouldn't respond. She wasn't welcome back in my un-dead heart.
-Gabriel

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum