Tales of the Lost
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Tales of the Lost

The Secret!

You are not connected. Please login or register

GOODBYE...

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1GOODBYE...    Empty GOODBYE... Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:32 pm

Gabriel*and*Alice

Admin

GOODBYE...
June 10th, 2011
I've grown tired of Rodrick and his followers. Their games are growing old to me, not that I'm bored just that I don't take pleasure in how they do it. One kill after the other, its all torture and all pain. When I killed I would usually always do it quickly except for the few times when I've needed a thrill. A thrill.
The ones I kill don't get a thrill, they get the nightmare of a lifetime, why should I be the only one thrilled while my prey is cowering in fear for longer than necessary?
I've also wondered why Rodrick never hunts with us? In fact, I never see him eat. I asked him about this once, and he replied, "I am no longer amused by it. To me, red is just a color now, no longer does it give me life."
Does this mean I won't always need blood? Will I grow tired of it one day?
Well, until that day comes, I decided I'm going to try and live.....torture isn't included. If I want to torture myself, that's one thing, but to torture others to make myself feel better isn't going to work. The first step in fixing myself, is leaving The Seven Deadly Sins and going back home to Kerry and being with the others.
"Gabriel, come play with us!" Brielle shouts from the couch.
I walk over to them and give a sad smile, "After I talk to Rodrick-"
"So talk, young one. Tell me your troubles." He says appearing in his throne.
"Rodrick, you've been so kind to me-"
"Stop. Your leaving, right?"
Brielle jumps up and starts yelling at me that I belong with them...with her. And the others agree.
"Stop it, I don't. I don't belong with you. You are all afraid to live. We've been given a second chance for a reason, and obviously it is to right all the wrongs we committed in our human lives! You kill for fun, not necessity and that isn't okay with me anymore."
"W-where will you go?" Brielle asks. She has her arms wrapped around herself and I realize now that I was a comfort to her.
"He's a pet, darling. He wants to be normal," he says 'normal' with a hint of disgust in his voice, "A domestic vampire if I may."
"I-its not true, is it? Gabriel, are you hiding something from us?" Brielle is shaking.
"Not a something, a someone." Arion states.
Ugh! He is absolutely loving my downfall.
"He is hiding a human lover." Arion snickers.
I want to set him on fire again! Only, I don't want to leave them that way. I still want to be friends with them, I just don't want to live with them.
"Dear Brielle, his loyalties don't lie with us," I put my hand to my neck, and I realize my dog tags are missing, "'loyalties: The Kerry Coven and the Cullen Coven.'" He says reading from them.
"So, your one of them, beautiful one?" He says standing right in front of me.
He holds out my dog tags and says, "Choose. Right now."
I look him dead in the eye, "You don't choose your brothers." And then I grab my dog tags from his hand. They go back around my neck and I wait for what will happen next.
"I guess a line has been drawn." Reaper says breaking the silence.
"It doesn't have to be," I say as I start towards the door.
"You better pray you don't meet us again, otherwise I'll kill you." Arion spits.
I raise my hand and the floor in front of him lights up, ablaze with fire.
"You call me a coward, and pretend that I am the enemy. Well, look at yourselves, no wonder vampires are hunted and killed, its ones like you that get ones like my family killed. You know, I could do the whole world a favor right now and just kill you all, but I won't, because I am not like you. I don't murder."
Rodrick says nothing through all of this.
"But that's just me. And its only human to feel that, right, Rodrick?"
Arion moves to come at me and Brielle to try and stop him.
I open the door and sunlight comes pouring in. Brielle stops short and retreats from it, bringing Arion with her to protect him.
"Who's afraid now?" I look at them cowering in fear of the light, all of them except Rodrick, he remains as still as a statue, "You best get used to the light, and if not then you are definitely in the wrong story." I leave the door open as I walk out and am swallowed by the sunlight.
It bathes me and reminds me that I do, as Rodrick said, have a higher purpose. When I reach the bottom of the hill, I look back at the bar, and I realize that it isn't a scary place, it isn't an escape or way of death...its just a building. And I wonder what I ever saw in it.
"Goodbye, brother." I whisper. Then I am off, running through the country and through towns, completely unnoticed. One thing I notice, is that my skin isn't sparkling. At least, not as much as it used to. I began to think of that as a sign. Of what? I'm not exactly sure. I guess as a new beginning or the start of a better life. We'll see.
The house has finally come into view and I feel something stirring within me, a feeling of happiness and relief. I feel like I'm home.
-Gabriel

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]