Tales of the Lost
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Tales of the Lost

The Secret!

You are not connected. Please login or register

WAKE UP...

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1WAKE UP...    Empty WAKE UP... Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:40 pm

Gabriel*and*Alice

Admin

WAKE UP
April 12th, 2011
Johanna has been unconscious for 2 days now. I want to do something but Faine tells me not to disturb her. Honestly, I really wouldn't want to. She looks so beautiful and peaceful just resting there. Her golden hair sprawled all over the pillow and her hands folded over her heart. The most captivating thing to watch is her chest moving up and down, her breathing. But still, I am worried. The rose has gone from her cheeks and she has not yet waken up, and also her skin is still cold to the touch. I mean, she isn't at "dead temperature" but she is colder than normal for humans. I've done everything to make her warmer, more blankets and even laying with her as the oven known as Jacob Black! If we smell half as bad as Jacob thinks, then we got to figure out a way to change our scents! A werewolf could just sniff us out and hunt us! Also, just look for the occupied house with people that never leave during the day. Hah!
Oh boy, I bet Johanna will wake up any second and she will be hungry! I guess I should find something for her. I walk downstairs and into the kitchen.
Good, no one is watching.
Mmm- a beverage would be nice. Much to my surprise, I find orange juice, hot chocolate, milk and coffee. I asked myself why those items would be in a house of vampires but I realized that any reason is possible.
I also find eggs, bread, and some other stuff. Now. If only I remembered how to make this stuff. Well, how hard could it be?
I grab a bowl and some more ingredients.
Let me tell you, it is not as easy as it looks! I wanted to kill several people!
Just as I am about to rip the oven from the wall, Faine and Jordan come walking in.
"Gabriel!" Jordan shrieks but then she sees my appearance. I have flour caught in my hair and egg yolk on my shirt.
The two girls laugh and ask what I am doing.
"I thought Johanna might be thirsty and hungry when she woke up. I tried to make food." I said sheepishly.
"Well, what about you? Are you hungry and thirsty?" Faine asks.
I shake the flour out of my hair and nod.
"Go ahead. I'll watch her while you feed." Faine runs upstairs to take her position.
"Alert me when she wakes up. Right away."
Jordan nods at my instructions.
Ah! To feel the wind in my hair and to see the colors blur past me! It was nice feeling like a predator again, instead of a chef. Well, I know what never to do now: cooking!
I find a lost person and as I'm about to deliver the kiss of death, I hear Jordan calling to me. I drain the man quickly and rather sloppily, for all I know he could still be alive! But I was in a rush and all that mattered was that I get to Johanna.
"She's-" I don't bother to hear the rest of Jordan's words.
I run up the stairs and meet Faine outside the door, "Be nice." She says as I knock.
"Come in." The gentle voice says.
I lightly push open the door even though I just want to barge in and hold her in my arms.
"Hello, Johanna. I'm so glad your awake. Better too, I hope?" I ask politely. I have no idea what I'm doing.
"Well, I guess so. Still a bit chilly but, hey, I've been sleeping for the past two days and I'm sure that once I get up and out of bed I'll be as good as new!" She smiles.
"I suppose you are right. I had some clothes made for you. They are in there," I point to the closet, "Are you hungry or thirsty?"
"Both!" She yells and laughs, "Sorry. I'm always hungry. I love food! What do you have?" She licks her lips in anticipation.
"Um....hot chocolate, orange juice-"
"I'll have coffee!" She blurts.
"Okay. Eggs, waffles, pancakes, french toast, that stuff that comes from pigs-"
"Bacon?"
"Yeah. That's it."
"Sounds great!" She says hungrily.
I wait a couple of minutes, "So which would you like?"
"I'll have all of it." She says casually.
.........Well, at least her appetite has not been affected!!! I have never known a girl to eat that much food!
"Interesting. You can meet the others when-"
"Oh! I already have!" An innocent reply.
"Really?!"
"Yup. Jordan, Josh, Faine, Alec, Katy, Felix, Demetri, Afton and Chelsea." A bright smile, "Such nice people!"
I think for a second, "What about Lottie? Did you meet her?"
"You have a another girl living here?! Haha! No, I haven't met her."
"Well, you will." I smile to myself, "She's a good friend."
We smile at each other for a little while. Just as I'm about to approach her and give her a hug, she says "Now shoo! I need to get dressed!"
as I was so shocked, all I could do was back out of the room and down the stairs.
Jordan and Faine were already making the food which is good since I can't cook.
"Faine, why hasn't Johanna met Lottie?" No answer, "She met everyone else and will meet Lottie soon enough." Still no answer, "Lottie is as good as the rest of us. I don't care if you think she can't handle being in the same room as a human. She can. I know she can. And I want the two of them to meet." Wow. Deep speech there. But its true. I do consider Lottie my best friend in this house. She is like, my sister I suppose. Not my real sister Galina, not her at all! But like a new sister. Like a sister of the new Gabriel.
"Its not that, Gabriel. I have no doubt that Lottie would be fine around Johanna. Its just that- I'm sorry- Lottie left."
My world started spinning.
"Wh-what? Why? Did she go after that мудак?!" Am I feeling jealousy?? No. It can't be. I am in love with Johanna. Sadness, then? Perhaps. My only friend and sister gone. Yes, I do believe its sadness then.
"I have no idea what you just said. But I assume you are talking about Bastien?" I nod, "Well, no. She didn't. She just felt the need to get away for a little while, but she is perfectly okay." Faine goes back to cooking as I slump down into a chair. Gone?! Really?! But why? Was it me? Was it because I had broken up with her?!? And now I feel bad!!

The badness is gone! Johanna is walking down the stairs.
She appears in a gorgeous blue satin dress.
"Gabriel, I think there is a mistake with this-" she stops short as Faine starts stacking food onto the table.
She plops into the chair and starts shoveling it into her mouth muttering 'thank yous'.
We all stare at her in wonder as the food starts to vanish.
"So you're all vampires?" She asks in between bites.
"Who told you that?! Of course we're not- pfft! No! We're-" Felix searches for the right word.
"Alaskans?" Demetri offers.
"Yes!! That's it! We're from Alaska!" Felix pronounces.
I finally tell him, "She knows, Felix."
Johanna smiles and keeps eating.
"How old are you, Hun?" Faine asks.
"I'm nineteen. And you?"
We all laugh since its obvious that Faine doesn't exactly want to say.
"Well, let's just say that I'm older than that." She says.
"Oh, okay! How old are you, Gabriel?" She asks me.
"I am twenty eight years old." I say proudly.
"I mean in vampire years." She states matter of factly.
"Oh- uh, 621? Something close to that." I surprisingly had no problem saying this to her.
"Wow! You are 602 years older than me. No offense, but you are really old!" All the girls giggle. Why do girls always giggle together?!? Weird.
"Well, thank you so much for breakfast. It was yummy! Do one of you think you could take me into town? I need to pick up some things."
Yes! This means she plans to stay! Hallelujah!
Faine and Chelsea volunteer so as I watch them leave, Jordan approaches me.
"I have a favor to ask." She chimes.
"I expected that. What do you want?" I cross my arms over my chest.
"You see, Josh and I need our house built within the month so we can bring the girl who is carrying my future baby here so she could-"
"Okay. I get it. Yes, I'll help you."
Jordan jumps up and down like the little spazz that she is and leads me over to the other guys to look at the floor plans.
So the guys, Jordan and I set out to her plot of land and we find some lumber and tools waiting for us.
"Ready?" She asks.
Well, we started to frame the house out according to her dimensions. But, I swear! Jordan got me so pissed off! She kept giving us all of the wrong tools! I mean, seriously, if you are going to be out here building a house then you should at least know what to use to build the house! Duh, Jordan!
A little ways into our building process, after we got rid of Jordan, we stop and see Johanna walk past us. I wouldn't think much of it if she were wearing normal clothes. But she wasn't. She had a giant blue towel wrapped around her otherwise naked body. She whistled as she walked into the woods.
"Oh god!" I mutter to myself as I take off after her.
"Johanna? What the hell are you doing?" I ask catching up to her.
"Going to take a bath." She replies as if it were a normal thing she's doing, "I know you are vampires, and that's fine! There was a creek somewhere in the woods."
"Uh-Johanna-"
"No. I'm fine! I have some soap and some shampoo, I'm all good."
"No. Let me explain- just because we are vampires doesn't mean we like to smell like the dead."
"Huh?" She says.
"We like to take showers too!" Could I explain things any easier?!
"Oh. Well then, I guess I should go back to the house and ask one of the girls to show me where it is."
I agree with her and start walking her back to the house. She stopped to look at the house and offered to help us work on it.
"Johanna, not while your-ahem-naked."
"Oh, right."
"Perhaps after you have clothes on?" She agrees with me and we walk in silence back to the house.
"We were wondering....oh!" The girls say when they see Johanna enter.
"What happened to your-"
"Shower." I reply.
I led Johanna upstairs and show her where the damned thing is.
I abruptly leave and go back to my "job". I felt so embarassed! But everyone else seemes to make a joke of it: "ha! The human thinks we don't shower! Ha!" Freaks. Its an honest mistake!
The house is coming along just fine. We'll be finished within the month and the girls will probably start furnishing the place in two weeks.
My thoughts are shattered when Johanna comes over wearing a large flannel shirt and a pair of boot cut jeans.
"Come on, boys! Let's get this done." She dives right into the building process as if she had been doing it her whole life. Refusing any help from us and doing almost as well on her own. I was most impressed by her extensive knowledge of the tools we were using. Well, maybe I'm just impressed because Jordan couldn't do any of this stuff. Anyway, Johanna held up really well against the boys. Sharing jokes and telling stories. But I think she really truly won them over when she said, "I used to play COD every day! My brothers and I were insane about it! Video games and bets are my thing."
Jaws dropped, smiles formed, and a whole bunch of 'no way's and 'sweet's were said.
They all agreed to have a video game marathon later on.
I laughed with Johanna and all was well. I am more than excited to have her here! More than thankful as well. She is my life and my reason for continuing on. Being with her is everything I thought it would be.
-Gabriel

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]