Tales of the Lost
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Tales of the Lost

The Secret!

You are not connected. Please login or register

THE NIGHT BEFORE

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1THE NIGHT BEFORE Empty THE NIGHT BEFORE Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:04 pm

Admin

Admin
Admin

THE NIGHT BEFORE
Dear Diary,
We got back from New York about a day ago and we bought a friend of Demetri and Valentina’s with us. Apparently she has a really big surprise for Jordan and Josh. I can’t wait to see! Lol I like presents.
So, it’s the night before Jordan’s wedding. Can you say ‘excitement’, ‘nerves’, and ‘frustration’?! Ha!
I have my dress ready for tomorrow morning: A pretty, strapless, knee length black dress with a white design on the top an also at the bottom and…we can’t forget the… red heels!! I have Jordan’s makeup all picked out and I know exactly what I’m doing with her hair! Eeep! So here we all are, piling into our separate cars and driving to the church for the rehearsal. We pull up to the front and walk through the cathedral doors. Thank god all of Jordan’s guests aren’t there now since this is just for people actually in the wedding. We are all meeting up at a restaurant afterwards though for a nice dinner. By all of us, I mean everyone that will be at Jordan’s wedding.
“Places, everyone!” I shout. They all disperse.
Edward goes and sits behind the piano because in the midst of all this planning, I forgot to hire someone to play the wedding march as Jordan walks down the aisle! Gosh, Alice, pull yourself together!
Felix stands towards the back because we need someone to direct people as to which side they must sit on.
Josh and Alec stand at the alter with the priest and Amber places little Jordan into the white wagon.
All of the bridesmaids line up and pretend that they are holding bouquets, Edward starts playing the piano and the bridesmaids walk slowly down the aisle, Katy is the last one since she is pulling baby Jordan who is shrieking happily. Faine walks next with a big smile and then Edward switches to the wedding march and Jordan walks down the aisle with her mom. Jordan places her hand in Josh’s and the priest quickly runs through some of his speech. Yay! That worked out so well! Let’s hope the actual wedding goes that smooth. We all laugh and race to our cars. Before we left Josh and I shook hands with the priest to thank him for his kind speech.
I made this sound like it only took 2 minutes. But trust me, it was NOT 2 minutes! More like 2 hours! Lol
I was able to rent out a nice restaurant for all of Jordan’s guests as a pre-party. Nothing major and long, just a quick bite of dinner and then we all go home for some “sleep” before the big day!
Before dinner comes out, Julie wanted to say something because she ‘just couldn’t wait any longer’. She made a speech to everyone congratulating Jordan on being pregnant! Oh boy, Jordan must have been REALLY stressed about this wedding before I came along, I’m glad I saved her from the extra stress. Anyway, dinner gets placed in front of our guests and Faine stands up. She clears her throat and all eyes rest on her, “I have a few things I would like to say about Jordan and Josh.” Faine continued with her beautiful speech and when she sat down everyone applauded.
“Bon appetite!” I giggle. Everyone digs into their food and when that is done, Jordan gives out hugs as people slowly wander back to the hotel. After all the humans have gone, we all get into our cars and drive back home. As soon as we walk into the front door I bring my family up to my room so they can help carry dresses, shoes, and make up. We walk back downstairs and I give Jordan a hug.
“Where are you going?” She asks me.
“Someone has to decorate your church and reception hall, your looking at the people who get to do that.”
“Would you like some help?” Jordan steps forward.
Bella puts up her hand to stop Jordan from coming another step closer, “We can handle it.” wow! Even Bella understands the fact that this is going to be a super dooper surprise!!! I’ve done so well training Bella, it warms my heart!
“Mind if we borrow someone’s car so we can split up?” Jasper asks.
Alec throws him the keys.
“Thanks,” Jasper says accompanied with a lopsided smile.
Bella and I take Jordan’s Dress, veil and shoes in my car while the boys take the bridesmaid things in Alec’s. The boys go to the reception Castle and Bella and I go to the floral store. First we have to pick up the bouquets and the other flowers I want to hang around. Then a trip to the hardware store produces white twinkling lights and candles. Bella drops me off at the Castle and I put the other dresses in the car with her. She will take care of the flowers and dresses at the church and I will help the boys with the castle.
“Boys!” I call as I dance down the stairs.
I open the door to the dance room to find Jasper sitting on the floor and tons of Wedding White balloons around him. I laugh out loud and almost drop the candles.
“What’s so funny?” he asks accidentally letting go of the balloon he was trying to blow up. It flutters around the room and lands on Edward’s head.
“Here, Jasper.” Edward throws the deflated balloon at Jasper.
I roll my eyes and grab some red cloth and a scissor.
“Do something, Edward!” I call walking back up the stairs.
“I’m setting up the tables.” He replies.
Once I’m at the top of the stairs I tape down the red cloth and push the rest of it all the way down, this makes a red carpet effect going down both staircases, then I have to shape the cloth to each individual stair. Once that is done, I fill some fancy vases with water and put the nice lily flowers in them. Those flowers go on the end of each stair case. 2 per stair case. White roses arranged in an orb shape were next. One per dining table. The dining tables were circular shaped with a silver cloth draped over it and then a frost type covering and the place settings already set out. I took it upon myself to arrange the wedding table. It was placed on a raised stage with a giant white balloon heart behind it. Two raised back white chairs next to each other with red napkins and crystal champagne glasses. I decided to go help Jasper, but lo and behold, he didn’t need my help! He had the entire cake holder done! That’s my man. The Cake holder is designed like Cinderella’s pumpkin carriage outlined in those white balloons I was talking about.
A few tiny inside details kept Jasper and Edward busy while I took those tea light candles and white lights out back to the garden. Opening the doors was a large stone balcony. I wrapped the railings in white crepe paper and then darted into the maze of hedges and trees. There were two sides to the small garden maze: On one side I made a sign that said ‘Him’ and on the other side it says ‘Her’. Both sides go in a different direction but both lead to the same place: A small wooden bridge over the waterfall. I decorated all the shrubs and trees surrounding the lake in twinkling lights and placed red candles down by the edge of the small lake. I let them burn a little bit so the wax could drip and it would create a romantic feeling. Next, was little tea lights placed on top of purple water lily’s then pushed into the middle of the lake. Those candles I wouldn’t light yet. Hhmmm- I wanted the bubbles from the waterfall to be a different color. I thought about calling the boys for help but decided I would just do it myself, so I dove into the lake and set up blue lights right underneath the waterfall. I re-surfaced and surveyed my job. Yes, oh definitely! The water looked a bright blue when it bubbled up. I needed a background for the bridge since I wanted a picture of Jordan and Josh there. I found two white spotlights and set them up a couple feet back. This made it look like a glow would be coming from them and it would be light but dark also. I was done! I turned off all my lights and blew out all my candles. I ran a couple of laps around the castle to dry off and when I went back inside, Bella was helping Jasper put out favors on the tables. I handed her a couple of boxes and she opened them. Inside, I had the Cinderella glass slipper with a gold heart on the toe and a space inside for a candle. Two of those were placed at each table. We lit them up and stood back to look. It was magical! Absolutely magical! I grabbed Jasper’s waist and held on tight, I wanted to dance with him so bad, but this wasn’t about me, unfortunately, it was about Jordan and Josh.
“Alice, I soaked some cloth in water and wrapped the flower stems in it. Then I put them in the refrigerator at the church. I have them all set up for you and I also put the diamonds on Jordan’s bouquet.” Bella said.
“Thanks so much, Bella!”
“Diamonds? Wow, this girl is worse than you, Alice.” Edward said teasing me.
“Just you wait until my next wedding.” I mumble. We all blow out the candles, grab our stuff and turn out the lights. We hop into our cars and race back to the house. Everyone is in their respective rooms relaxing and Jasper and I go to do the same but the only thing I can think about is getting all the girls ready tomorrow morning.
~Alice

https://talesofthelost.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum