Tales of the Lost
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Tales of the Lost

The Secret!

You are not connected. Please login or register

SCREAMS AND LOSS

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1SCREAMS AND LOSS Empty SCREAMS AND LOSS Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:36 am

Admin

Admin
Admin

SCREAMS AND LOSS
Dear Diary,
The screaming was painful to hear. It was human of course though, but it wasn’t just any scream, it sounded strangled and painful. We all turned to see Valentina running over the hill carrying a human. Oh, god, she is pregnant and has started to bleed! Everyone turns and runs into the woods except for Me, Jasper, Edward, Bella, Jordan and Demetri. I didn’t know that they could handle the smell that well. I was actually very proud of Valentina! She wasn’t even flinching or trying to suck the girl dry. Edward was running inside, “This way!” Jasper called as Valentina followed him into a spare room.
We left Jordan outside the room with Bella. Jordan was sort of freaking out and Im sure that she would have been crying so Bella was trying to calm her.
Edward and I are fussing over the girl, Lottie, trying to make her comfortable.
I try to figure out whats wrong but then I smell it- something is wrong with the baby’s blood. No! A miscarriage?!?
Valentina stops, “It’s gone.” She says looking at me and Edward.
“Yeah I heard him.” Edward scoffed. Edward heard the voice in Valentina’s head, I suppose.
“Edward, don’t start now;” I stopped and brought my hands to my mouth, “I can’t see a future for her.” I turn my body into Jasper who wraps me up in his arms. This is one of the only times that I’ve been frowning and visibly upset.
Before Jasper takes me out of the room to calm me, I hear Edward saying that it’s too late for Lottie and the baby’s blood has her poisoned and she’s going to die.
That’s all I saw. Jasper brought me downstairs and sat me down on the couch. I put my elbows on my knees and my face in my hands. Jasper was walking around the room and opening the windows and door to air out the smell of blood. Not just for everyone else but for himself also. Lottie didn’t exactly smell appealing, she wasn’t a Bella! But a human is a human and Jasper still craves them. So there we stay for a couple minutes me sitting on the couch taking deep breathes and Jasper leaning over the sink with his shoulders hunched up.
Then we hear Edward shouting, “You killer! You bit her! Well, that’s what you get for trying to show off an be in the room with a severely bleeding human!” He scoffed, “You Volturri guards will never change! There, see what you’ve done, she wil become a vampire now!” uh-oh!
Jasper still hasn’t moved so I look up to see Demetri run out the door.
I have yet to see Bella or Jordan so I think Bella brought Jordan to her room so she could calm down. Edward came downstairs and surveyed the room.
“Demetri bit her.” He said.
“You didn’t have to be so mean.” I mumbled.
I didn't get an answer from Edward, So I can guess that he was really angry...again, "Alice, he just tasted human blood. Not only is he back to square one but he has made the choice of her life."
"So? She was dying."
"How do we know she wanted this?" Edward kept arguing me.
"Anyone could have bit her but because it was the Volturri you have to have a cow about it?"
"Yeah, I guess I am 'having a cow' about it. They say they're going to change but they haven't! Still the same old murderous Volturri!"
Damnit Edward! So I decided to use the one person he could not argue against, "Carlisle changed people when they were dying."
Edward didn't give any glares or anything, he just looked straight ahead and walked out of the room. Ha! That's what you get, brother dear.
I gave a smug smile to myself.
"That could have been me." Jasper says still hunched over the sink.
"Jasper- You wouldn't- You didn't." I was so confused! Where was this coming from?
"But I could have. I thought about it." His head hung in shame.
I sprinted across the room and grabbed his face, "Jasper. Jasper, look at me." He wasn't looking but he was facing me. "I," I kissed his forehead, "love," I kissed his nose, "you," I kissed his lips, "Jasper, the important thing is that you didn't! You're strong enough not too. You're stronger than you think." I bring his forehead down to mine and we stand like that with my fingers twirling the hair hanging down the back of his neck.
"'Come stop your crying it'll be alright. Just take my hand hold it tight, I will protect you from all around you. I will be here don't you cry.'" That's sort of my lullaby to Jasper. Eventually, his eyes opened and looked into mine.
"Forever? Even though I am the most uncontrolled of the family?"
"Longer. And even if you are the most uncontrolled." I reply.
He presses his lips into mine and we stay like that for a while not breaking apart for air since we don't need it.
We heard Valentina enter the room and we broke apart.
"I'm going looking for Demetri. Can you help, Jasper?" She asks.
"Wait, what about Lottie? Who is watching her?" I ask. I would hate for her to be alone up there!
"Faine is."
My eyes go wide, that means Faine walked in to see Jasper and I making out in front of her sink! Oops!
"Valentina, I'm proud of you," I say hugging her, "for taking control like that and being able to control your thirst." She returns my hug and then Jasper is out the door with her.
I take an exasperated sigh and plop down onto the couch, Bella comes in and does the same.
"How's Lottie?" She asks.
"Being turned into a vampire. How's Jordan?" I reply.
"Sad. Apparently she was going to keep Lottie's baby as her own so she and Josh could have a baby. She really wanted her-the baby."
I moan and let my head fall onto Bella's shoulder. I close my eyes and relax for a couple hours, though, I must say, it was hard to do with Lottie screaming.

That night Jasper, Valentina, and Demetri come back and I pull Jasper up to our room. I'm exhausted! I get five minutes of peaceful cuddling time with Jasper and then I let out a groan.
"What is it?" He asks.
"A vision. It's coming."
Jasper waits in silence until I'm ready to tell him what I've seen.
"Ohhhhhhhh no." This is bad.
"Tell me what you saw." He is leaning up on one elbow.
"We can't tell Jordan, as a matter of fact, we can't tell anyone-"
"Fine, fine. But what did you see?"
"Gabriel dies." I gasp.
"And? What now?"
"Gah! That reminds me: I have a wedding to plan!" I flip onto my stomach and bury my face in the pillow.
"We can order the cake in a few days. You have a friend that owes you a favor. But, Gabriel dies? Are you sure?" He asks the last question in that voice.
It's the voice that means 'you always say something but often your wrong'.
"That's what I saw. The Denali's kill him."
"Soooo- the big question is: Do we let him die? Or do we do something?"
I don't respond. I'm in way over my head. Jordan the bride, Lottie the newborn, Edward the antagonist, Jasper the un-confident husband, Gabriel the stranger, am I missing anybody else?!? How about the hobo down the street?!?
~Alice

https://talesofthelost.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]