Tales of the Lost
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Tales of the Lost

The Secret!

You are not connected. Please login or register

April 10, 1919

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1April 10, 1919 Empty April 10, 1919 Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:29 pm

Admin

Admin
Admin

I have not written in a while. And I am sorry for that. I became overly upset about what had happened with Madison and then, to make it worse, I saw the future:
It was dark at first. Then I realized it was just night time and I saw myself lying in bed (how funny is it to see yourself like so). All the sudden, someone slipped their hand over my mouth and I woke up. The last thing I saw were my eyes filled with alarm.
It’s okay. That hasn’t happened. And I am determined that it won’t. Usually it happens within two weeks so…
Anyway, for my birthday I had also gotten a new dress. It is a beautiful dress. White and a soft pink. Those two are my favorite color combination. I’ve decided to go inside and ask my brother and parents to bring me to this evenings social event: a dance. Wait just a moment and I shall ask.
Here is what was said:
"’Good afternoon, mother, George.’"
"’Good afternoon, Mary.’" Said my mother.
"’Mary,’" was all George said He never looked at me. Maybe he did believe I was truly crazy.
"’May I accompany all of you to tonight’s social dance?’" I was nervous.
"Absolutely not," George was first to answer.
"’And why not?’" I whined.
George stood up and went around the table to rest his hands on my shoulders, "’ All the young men might have their eyes on you.’" He smiled. And I laughed.
I looked at my mother ,"’Ask your father.’" So I did. I gave George a kiss on the cheek and ran into fathers study.
"’Father?’" I asked.
"’Come in, Mary.’"
"'I was wondering, I know you and mother and George are going to the social tonight and I was wondering if I could come?’" He raised his eyebrows.
"’I won’t be a bother.’" He kept staring at me. "’I’ll listen to you and George,’" he never left my gaze, "’And I do have a lovely new dress that needs to be worn somewhere special.’" I walked behind father and crossed my arms over his shoulders. He gave his answer. I kissed his cheek and left.
So that’s how I am going to the dance tonight!
I have not written in a while. And I am sorry for that. I became overly upset about what had happened with Madison and then, to make it worse, I saw the future:
It was dark at first. Then I realized it was just night time and I saw myself lying in bed (how funny is it to see yourself like so). All the sudden, someone slipped their hand over my mouth and I woke up. The last thing I saw were my eyes filled with alarm.
It’s okay. That hasn’t happened. And I am determined that it won’t. Usually it happens within two weeks so…
Anyway, for my birthday I had also gotten a new dress. It is a beautiful dress. White and a soft pink. Those two are my favorite color combination. I’ve decided to go inside and ask my brother and parents to bring me to this evenings social event: a dance. Wait just a moment and I shall ask.
Here is what was said:
"’Good afternoon, mother, George.’"
"’Good afternoon, Mary.’" Said my mother.
"’Mary,’" was all George said He never looked at me. Maybe he did believe I was truly crazy.
"’May I accompany all of you to tonight’s social dance?’" I was nervous.
"Absolutely not," George was first to answer.
"’And why not?’" I whined.
George stood up and went around the table to rest his hands on my shoulders, "’ All the young men might have their eyes on you.’" He smiled. And I laughed.
I looked at my mother ,"’Ask your father.’" So I did. I gave George a kiss on the cheek and ran into fathers study.
"’Father?’" I asked.
"’Come in, Mary.’"
"'I was wondering, I know you and mother and George are going to the social tonight and I was wondering if I could come?’" He raised his eyebrows.
"’I won’t be a bother.’" He kept staring at me. "’I’ll listen to you and George,’" he never left my gaze, "’And I do have a lovely new dress that needs to be worn somewhere special.’" I walked behind father and crossed my arms over his shoulders. He gave his answer. I kissed his cheek and left.
So that’s how I am going to the dance tonight!

https://talesofthelost.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum