Tales of the Lost
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Tales of the Lost

The Secret!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Convincing the ranks to interact

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Convincing the ranks to interact Empty Convincing the ranks to interact Sun Aug 14, 2011 11:13 am

Admin

Admin
Admin

Please go to Facebook and look up Secrets of Vampires and let me know what you think about this chapter Very Happy Looking forward to hearing from you. Marie.

Bastien’s POV
As we neared the house we heard Afton and Chelsea fighting and shouting about a lost boy. I was puzzled at this cause who is this lost boy? I’ve been so caught up at the bar that I felt completely clueless as to what was going on with the rest of the family. Lottie got to the door first and pushed it open. There was no one in the living room; the loud voices appeared to be coming from upstairs.
“Hey there is no scent of Valentina or Demitri here, let’s just leave a note and go pick up Vera” I said and Lottie just nodded sadly. Sadly, cause her friend Val was in trouble and she wasn’t there for her I just knew it. So we wrote a quick note inviting all the family to come to the bar at 4pm today and we left to head in the direction of Jordan’s home. As we neared the house Vera came bolting out and flung herself into my arms.
“Hi sweetheart, how’s life with ya?” I nuzzled her neck and snuck a kiss on her cheek.
“Hey daddy” she said wrapping her arms around my neck and giving me a big smacking kiss on my cheek. She giggled then as I tickled her under the arms and she wriggled and writhed until she jumped down and ran to Lottie and snuggled into her for a hug.
“Mommy, you’re okay” she said half crying into her chest. Lottie caught her under the chin and looked deeply into Vera’s eyes but said nothing. I knew she was talking in Vera’s mind, both from the intense look in Lottie’s eyes and the imperceptible nods Vera was making.
“Josh, Jordan and Sophia, we are having a little get together for the family to introduce the 4 to you.” I started to say but Jordan interrupted me
“You’ve got to be kidding me” she screeched.
“You expect me to go to that vile pit you’ve built in our safe haven that we call home. YOU DO KNOW WE HAVE SMALL CHILDREN LIVING HERE” she declared loudly.
“What else would you expect from commoners” she muttered. Don’t know why she bothered muttering as we heard her clear as a bell. Lottie had her pushed up against the wall
“If you ever call me that again, I’ll rip your dam head off your shoulders you ignorant cow.” She said in a tight lipped ferocious way.
“Well your child is terrified of that freak you have working with you and yet you refuse to fire her, that shows me that you have no respect for your child!” Jordan retorted!”
“Oh ya, and like you’re any better putting your child up against the devil and you can’t even help her or protect her!” Lottie screamed back. “How are you any better than me? In any case, in case you have forgotten, Vera is part vampire and is able to take on any human. that’s all that Opal is, JUST A HUMAN,” she said punctuating each word. “If she ever attempted to hurt Vera, she’d just do what she did at Easter time to Beatrice. Plus she loves the taste of blood. So now what” she said flicking her chest out, hands up at Jordan. She stood toe to toe with Jordan waiting for her answer. I was shocked to see Jordan back up a little
“I forgot about that and maybe Vera did too. You need to talk to your daughter Lottie” Jordan said in a softer voice. “I read her mind, mind you it was hard, and she seems to have her thoughts blocked protecting herself.” I looked at Lottie, she smirked at me.
“But then” Jordan carried on unaware of our look “when she fell asleep it was like reading a book. A woman with dark hair is going to bite her and she is very afraid, she sees 2 people she loves have died and she’s at a graveyard.” Jordan finishes.
“But why would she go to a graveyard? Even if it was one of us, we just burn, no need to bury us?” Lottie asked puzzled. I looked over at Vera and she looks freaked out so I held out my arms to her and she runs and jumps up into my arms and buries her face in my neck.
“Don’t worry baby, nothing is gonna happen to momma and me and especially not to you. I’ll make sure of that, I promise.” I vowed.
“So Josh, Jordan, are you gonna come to the party or not? We would like you to meet the 4 and get your own opinions of them for yourselves.” I asked hating to have to act so human again. I prefer being a selfish vampire, Lottie got me, why couldn’t they? However, time to rein in those thoughts, I could see Jordan’s eyes narrowing and her glare staring at me. Ooops forgot she can read my thoughts.
“You know Jordan, I could steal your gifts and then where would be? Just another vampire with an attitude.” I thought staring right into her eyes. She looked shocked and looked away from me and straightened her skirt. I smiled, triumphantly and then thought again loudly so I knew she’d hear me”That’s what you get when you mess with my wife.” Her eyes widened and I saw her mouth the word “wife”. I nodded, smiling proudly. I looked at Lottie who was smiling at me. It was obvious that she had heard the silent conversation.
“Ya, me and Bastien got hitched privately before the bar opened. I’m not into big celebrations!”
“Right!” said Jordan.
“So this private party is kind of like the afters of our wedding party and we would really like it if you’d come and join in our celebrations.” Lottie said.
“Plus you could read their minds and see if there is any trouble afoot!” I thought again loudly to Jordan. She nodded.
“Well under the circumstances we’ll come.
“Are Demitri and Valentina back yet?” Josh finally spoke up.
“No” I said, putting my hand on his shoulder, “but we’ve left a note at the main house inviting everyone else.
“You got married huh Bastien, so Lottie, has finally made an honest man out of you!” Josh laughed.
“Ya, I figured it was time, I love her and she loves me and we have Vera together, perfect family.”
“So, it’s official then!” asked Jordan.
“What do you mean official? As in a priest?” I asked.
“Ya as in a priest,” she nodded.
“Um, no, but we’ll get around to that one of the days.” Lottie said.
“Fine, we’ll come at 4 you say?” said Jordan after looking over at Josh who nodded at her.
“Good, we’ll see you at the bar then, laters! “we singsonged going out the door.
“Well whaddya know – a civil conversation between yourself and Jordan – at last!” I said laughing, pushing her slightly so she skipped sideways.
“Ya, she giggled pushing me sideways harder and catching Vera up in her arms and took off running at top speed shouting back and giggling
“Last one home is a rotten egg.” I laughed at her and chased them and shouted
“First one home eats it!” she slowed right down and let me pass her and they were both giggling this time. Vera was wearing a big happy smile and her hair was all tousled from the wind rushing past her face. She looked exhilarated and chanted na-na- na- na- na- na-nah; her giggles filled me with happiness. I blew her a kiss and she caught it in her hand and put in her pocket. I went up to the two of them and pulled them into a hug.
“Vera honey, you don’t have to worry, nothing is gonna happen to momma or me. Opal is just a human. She can’t hurt you anymore than Beatrice could.” He eyes widened at the memory of her.
“Honey you are half vampire just like Nessie, you are very strong now, no insignificant human is gonna hurt you.”
“But daddy, I saw 2 people that I love die. One had hair like you and 1 had long hair like momma, my dreams like that always come true and we were at the graveyard burying them.” Vera cried suddenly. I looked up at Lottie who looked concerned for our daughter.
“Come on Vera, let’s just go home. We’ll talk more with the family when they all get here.” She said taking Vera’s hand in her own and wrapping her other arm around her shoulders. I wrapped my arm around Lottie’s shoulders and we went to the 4’s house to invite them over to meet the family. Vera tensed the minute she spotted Opal. Opal was surprisingly human like and charming. Her eyes seemed to be clear and focused and she was smiling happily. Lacey ran over to hug Vera and I saw Nate freeze, as Ortho shyly said hello.
“Sure we’ll come over to the bar at 4pm then, thanks” Lacey bubbled and skipped off muttering about finding something nice to wear. Alice would love her I thought. As we left I made sure to tune into opal to see was there any weird vibes coming off her, but she seemed very relaxed and pleasant.
“Don’t you see her?” I looked up at Ortho who seemed to be distressed. I looked in the direction that he was looking and spotted a little girl with a man about 100 yards away in the woods behind me.
“Yes, I do Ortho, are you alright?” he nodded and sniffed and looked down to the floor, but not before I caught the odd troubled look in his almost black eyes. I sensed he didn’t want to talk about it so I didn’t probe further.
“So 4pm you guys at the bar, you won’t have to work or anything except to be yourselves and meet the rest of the family.
“Are you really all vampires or is it just an image?” I looked back at Opal who was asking. She had that demented look back in her eyes, distant and unfocused and she was licking her lips.
“Why, does it make any difference?” I asked her.
“No, not really, just how safe are we to be living among vampires and how soon will it be before we are vampires too?” she asked rubbing her hands together. She looked at me lustily. I stared at her and Lacey came running in dressed in a pretty dress, no shoes on and her hair all in curlers and she started jumping up and down a bit and said
“Ooooooooooooh ya when we gonna become vampires? I can’t wait” excitedly.
“Uh.........No! Who said anything about changing you to vampires?” Lottie demanded.
“What the fuck?” shouted Opal, “I thought it was the whole fucking point of us being here? You DID want Vampire Wannabe’s. YOU DO REALISE WHAT WANNABE MEANS don’t you she said, poking her finger into my chest at each word.
Yes Opal. Dear, I do” I said. “I’m not that much fucking older than you are dear!” I said again with a bit of force in my voice. Cheek of her.
“Well how old are you then dear” she said imitating my voice which was beginning to piss me off. Her blood was jumping in her veins and her heart rate was racing. She was excited? What, maybe she hoped I’d bite her and change her. No freaking way. I shook my head to focus off her neck and her hot juicy blood and Lottie jumped in and saved me and distracted me by squeezing my hand tightly and stood in front of me and said
“He’s 16 for the past 10 years.”
“But he hasn’t aged at all” she replied.
“Yes we don’t age!” Lottie stated.
“But Vera does,” and as she said Vera I noticed that she looked like she was about to attack her. So this is what Vera is talking about.” I looked at Vera and observed her. She looked like she was gonna cower behind her mother but thought about it and changed tactic, instead she took on the hunter look and started to walk towards Opal licking her lips and focusing only on Vera’s neck. It was making me thirsty. I could feel the energy coming from Vera’s body and I could sense her thirst. I let her continue towards Opal as she was until she so close to Opal that she could have bitten her. Instead she said to Opal
“I will only age for a little while, but I am a vampire and I could drain you in a heartbeat and you’d be deader than dead and it really, really hurts when I sink my teeth into your veins and start to slowly drain you like a straw in a cup of coke. You really are no match for my strength and I know I’m your drug, if you come up against me or any of my family I WILL NOT HESITATE TO KILL YOU! Just so you know.” And with that she turned on her heel and headed for the door. Head held up high, shoulders back and a sense of pride in herself. I was so damn proud of her in that minute I knew that she realised what she was. I looked back at Opal, but instead of her looking scared, she looked thrilled. I grabbed Lottie’s hand and we left.
“Let’s go home darling” she said and reached over and kissed my cheek, “isn’t our daughter just so damn wonderful” she said and we took off towards our house. Vera was sitting helping herself to a blood bag from the fridge, she didn’t even wait to open it and put it into a glass, and she just stuck her fangs into it and was draining it.
“I am dead proud of you honey, for standing up to her Vera, you were awesome!” I said. And she continued drinking but she fist pumped the air and smirked.

https://talesofthelost.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]