Tales of the Lost
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Tales of the Lost

The Secret!

You are not connected. Please login or register

The problem with Rick

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1The problem with Rick Empty The problem with Rick Fri May 27, 2011 12:22 pm

Admin

Admin
Admin

Dear D,D
So i left it a bit open last entry sorry about that well every ones ok the votes are in about the blood bank, Jordan, Josh, Chelsea, Afton, Are not very happy with the idea of having a blood bank nearby, they fear it’s too obvious and will attract un wanted attention the others well there like me i want what's best for Demitri and if he feels that’s the way he wants to live, who should stop him, he is trying to do it the harmless way so things still look a bit up in the air really so that’s that.

I went to school today, The meeting went well they believed my story Rhoan was actually quite convincing so i m free not worry about when the sun comes out, my work will be emailed to me which is ace I’m so glad they don’t want to kick me out.
I was a bit late arriving for my second class, photography.
Everyone was sat at on their own, normally most doubled up apart from me and Rick who sat at the back keeping away from everyone.
"Sorry imp late I was in a meeting with the dean." I said to our tutor, Frank i think his name is, not to sure i never really paid much attention.
"Not to worry Valentina" He tapped his chin with his marker pen and sighed.
"I’m afraid all of the tables are taken would you mind sharing with someone" He asked me everybody and i mean everybody looked up and fear was present in their eyes they didn’t want the freak who didn’t eat and can’t come out in sunlight but i wasn’t sure if they knew the sun part yet to sit next to them.
Rick stood up.
"She can have my table i have finished now."
Frank i think it’s frank nodded to me and carried on with what he was doing before,
i got to Ricks table and smiled at him it felt a bit weird being in his company since the last time we saw each other things where a little tense at home but i was pleased he was here i really wanted to get to know him and his sister even if they were really odd, outsiders like me i guess.

On the table where photos and from what it looked like everyone was making a collage of beach life, on Ricks it was a dark blue backing paper his was amazing he hadn’t taken random pictures of things it was like a picture but made up from lots of little ones he had the sky and the beach all in different photos but played out to make one picture in the middle was one photo of someone flying a kite in another it was the same person building a sandcastle and in another she was pointing at the sky and by that photo were her hand was pointed to the sky was another picture of the sky, clouds had formed and it looked like a heart, then in the next picture this time i saw her face it was Pippa she held her hand out in a heart motion, all of these pictures where in a line like she had flown the kite made the sandcastle saw the heart in the sky and you saw it from her pov and then she made her own heart back, it was truly magical she never once looked at the camera she took a good photo though he got her looking at the camera and then another a second later probably as her hands where in front of her face i probably haven’t explained it well enough but it really was amazing it just showed how innocent the beach could be how fun and how free they were, at the bottom of the picture was of coloured stones that represented the sea i gasped and looked at Rick he was looking at it oddly.
"This is amazing" I told him he looked at me and for a second he looked like he was trying to see if i was telling the truth, he smiled slightly.
"Erm thanks" He said and looked back to it.
Wow i wish i had his talent really amazing.
i scanned the room and the others where alright but not as good as Ricks, he started to roll it up and i hit my hand to the table not hard but the sound echoed in the room everyone looked and from the look Rick gave me he didn’t like being center of attention.
"What are you doing?" I asked, he shouldn’t crease it, this kind of work needs to be in a gallery.
"moving it so you can do yours" Then he looked stunned and looked to the floor "Sorry I forgot"
I didn’t understand, Frank gosh i don’t care if his name isn’t Frank he looks like a Frank, the tutor came over to our table everyone had turned back to their work now.
"Is everything ok over here?" He asked then took a look at Rick’s work which i still had the corner piece refusing to let go.
"Ohh my Wow Rick this is something very special" Frank said studying the work, Rick flushed bright red and for the first time it caught me off guard my throat burned not unpleasantly but it burned for blood I’ve never felt like that before and i felt ashamed, i wanted to just leave.
I let go of his work and turned away from him trying to stop this ache in my throat.
Frank carried on throwing comments at Rick, all this time Ricks face never cooled down it stayed that red flush, The burning eased and i managed to breathe again.

Frank was looking at me oddly and Rick looked concerned too Frank's hand touched my arm, i was wearing my Hobo cardigan as Chelsea likes to call it, and I just like wearing it looks like it would keep someone really warm and snug.
Yeah any way Frank touched my arm and i felt his body react to the cold.
"Are you ok do you need to sit down?" Frank asked the whole class looked at me AGAIN....... what was there deal jezzzz why couldn’t they just carry on with their projects.
Rick pushed his chair to me and i sat down.
"Do you need a glass of water or something to eat, your freezing" Frank said rubbing my arm to try and warm me up.
I heard little giggles to quiet for human ears to hear and i glared right at the person who giggled the most and she stopped when she realised i could hear her, bad move, Rick he looked between me and the girl had he heard it to? Very odd i had blocked Frank’s voice out again that’s why he asked if i was ok he had asked me something before i didn’t answer him.
"Erm yes I'm fine sorry yeah i erm get a bit faint sometimes i must of forgotten to eat." I said trying to be quiet
the same girl giggled again i could see her body shaking with compressed laughter, but only because of my expert vision, suddenly Rick was walking to her table i know for a fact no one heard her giggle Frank would have called the room to hush, he hated notice in his class any kind of giggle or sigh he would never tolerate he would pick on that person, so he couldn’t of heard this girl, but Rick heard her how????
He bent down by her.
"Can I help you?" She asked.
"Depends, want to tell me what's so funny?" He said it was very quiet; she turned around and looked at me but turned away quickly when she saw me glaring at her.
I saw her shake her head. "Nothing" She said silently she sounded scared.
"It didn’t sound like nothing tell me" His voice took on a different tone like it wasn’t him and all of a sudden an indigo haze wrapped around his body it sparkled so brightly i had to look at Frank to see if he could see what i was seeing, he was just staring at me and then i realised everyone was the same frozen, not moving I turned back to Rick who was shaking his head.
"that's really not very nice Regan" He said softly the class room door opened, Pippa walked in and looked around the room she didn’t look surprised that everyone was frozen.
"Rick is that you?" Pippa asked suspiciously.
"Yes?" He said not taking his eyes of the girl who i assume name was Regan
"Rick what you are doing?" Pippa asked she sounded impatient and annoyed.
Rick looked to his sister.
"She was making fun of Valentina" Rick said he sounded like he was in pain; Pippa lowered her head and sighed.
She bent down and took Ricks hand.
"You can’t protect every one, Valentina she is strong you know that, please stop this hurting yourself." Rick's legs buckled from under him and Pippa held her arm around him for support, they both looked at me, i had already stopped breathing and stayed very still that i could do.
"She is different you know, i feel it, and every time i see her it’s stronger" Rick said looking really pale the glow didn’t alter though that shone bright.
"Yeah i know i feel it to but you know we can’t completely trust her until we know for sure she isn’t one off them" Pippa said they were both looking at me still
"I hope she isn’t one of them i don’t think i could kill her" Rick said as he looked back at his sister.
"i know i don’t think i could either" Pippa said as she stroked Ricks face
"Come on stop this" Pippa helped him up to the position he was before, she stood up and left, the glow around him faded but he still remained pale he was holding on to the desk for support.
"I don’t take kindly to pathetic school ground behavior be very careful who you upset young Regan some may bite back" He said and pushed himself up.
I turned to Frank before Rick could see my expression.
" I feel better now thank you"
Frank nodded and left to go to the front of the class there where whispers and sly looks my direction this time Frank noticed and called the class to get on with their work. I stood up and passed the chair back to Rick he took it to happily and collapsed into it he didn’t look at me just glared at the back of Regan he was chewing his pen lid he did that a lot.
I just stood there staring at him what was he? What where they? Vampire hunters? i needed to know but how i couldn’t just come out and ask him
Hi i just witnessed you freeze the whole room and you had this sparkly indigo glow about you Ohh and why did your sister came into class and ask if it was you? Yeah sure i could ask him that not.
There is only one thing for it i have to get to know them better and actually the thought of it totally scares me to death but i need to know what they are and if we are in danger.

I got my photos out that attracted Ricks attention he popped the pen behind his ear and looked at my photos.
"Huh cool" He said
I looked at him he seemed so totally different not the same person i witnessed earlier, colour started to seep back into his face.
"Your take on beach life I never thought about it like that." he said as he held out his hand for the pictures.
I handed them over and he flipped through them he moved his work this time i didn’t stop him and he got a sheet of grey paper and placed the bonfire picture in the middle the whole family laughing at something Chelsea said, care free no tension i wished it would have stayed that way, then he took the picture of the moon and held it to me.
"May i?" He made a cutting motion i just nodded I really didn’t know how to react
he cut the moon in long slices and over lapped them the moon looked bigger by doing that he did the same with the sea for the bottom and then he pulled out all the photos of every one.
"Family and friends?" He asked.
I nodded. I couldn’t help myself from telling him who they were probably stupid if he is a vampire killer but i feel like i can trust him even if he did say he didn’t want to kill me who didn’t have us on death list hay.
"Do you remember Chelsea and Afton?" I said pointing to the picture Chelsea was leaning her head on Afton’s shoulder and he was stroking her hair.
"Afton’s Your Brother right?" Rick asked
"Yeah and Chelsea Is his wife but she is like a sister to me as well."
He took the picture and placed it on the sheet then picked another out.
"that’s Bastien and Lottie and there little Girl Vera" He had to do a double take.
"How old are they?" Rick asked
"There both 19."
He nodded.
"Brother or Sister" Rick asked.
"Both" I said smiling.
He looked confused.
"I regard them all as my brothers and sisters"
"You’re all very close then?" he asked.
"We are yes very" I picked another photo out, one where Jordan was twirling Sophia
"This is Josh's wife, Jordan their daughter Sophia and before you ask Jordan’s 21 and Josh are 24."
He laughed at that.
"Alec and Faine there like our mum and dad we can go to them for anything"
"Your parents they don’t live nearby?"
"No" That was all he was getting from that topic; he understood then pointed to another photo
"Johanna" Rick said.
"Yeah and her partner Gabriel"
"What not married?" Rick said i had to laugh at that.
"No engaged, where not all married you know" I said laughing at him
"they all look so in love it’s a rare thing you know true love." Rick said
i smiled at him not sure what to say.
"Let me guess this is your partner, you haven’t got a wedding ring on so I’m guessing you’re not married.
"No I’m not married and how?" i asked him
"Do I know? Easy the way he is looking at you" Rick said
I took the photo to examine it.
"You can’t see me so how?"
"He isn’t looking at the camera he is looking at the person who is holding the camera he loves you very much"
I smiled and looked at him
"I know and i feel the same" I wanted to make that clear just in case there was any confusion.
"You all have very odd names?"
"yeah i know" i chuckled. "Erm this is Demitri’s sister Anastasia and her partner Max.
"These two there brothers right?"
"erm ya “i said.
"and Last but not least Rhoan" i said happily.
" is that everyone?" he chuckled.
"No" i smiled.
"there’s more?" he said stunned
" yes we are a big family"
"wow i don’t know how you guys all get on, it’s just me and my sister and that’s more than enough to handle" He chuckled.
"What about your folks?" I asked him.
"Gone they left us" he didn’t sound bothered
I was stunned. Rick sat forward and moved the pictures around and took the campfire picture out and he made it look like we were all part of one photo, truly amazing how could this be how could i sit with him and act like nothing happened earlier that he didn’t freeze the room and glow my thoughts where interrupted by Frank calling the class to a close, Rick was looking at me and looked confused could he read my thoughts no he wouldn’t act like this if he read them he would be running.

I handed my work in and frank seemed completely stunned by it.
"Family Life I like it" He said to himself as i walked out, Rick didn’t say goodbye he met his sister and they walked of together completely ignoring me, frustrating and even more annoying at lunch time Pippa was sat on her own, no Rick i went to sit with her and asked where Rick was she said he had gone home he wasn’t feeling well, it left me feeling completely drained and i knew i wouldn’t be able to concentrate in my psych lesson so i decided to go home
Demitri was happy i had come home, he missed me but he knew i was keeping something from him, i don’t know how to tell him or even if i want to involve the family just yet, keep them out of it and safe for now so yes that was my crazy day i hope next time i write i will have more of an idea with what’s going on.

VALENTINA

https://talesofthelost.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]