Tales of the Lost
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Tales of the Lost

The Secret!

You are not connected. Please login or register

HOPE...

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1HOPE...        Empty HOPE... Sat Mar 12, 2011 5:18 pm

Gabriel*and*Alice

Admin

HOPE...
April 3rd, 2011
"That...isn't...possible" Faine says carefully.
"But it is!" I say excitedly, "Somehow it is! See," I grab her hands, "you must see."
I open my mind and let her in.
Together, we watch the sun shining behind her as she turns her head. A smile on her lips, surprise in her eyes, her shoulders set back and her golden hair cascading down her back.
I gently close my mind again.
"Wow. I don't understand how-" that silly negative girl!
I pull her into a dance, "Oh, Faine! Does it really matter how?! All that matters is that she's alive!" I laugh, "she's alive!"
I run happily through the forest and stand with my face to the sun, soaking it in.
"Have you ever felt anything so wonderful?" I ask falling backward.
I lay in the grass stroking the gentle blades, feeling the sun on my face and feeling- well, feeling alive! I feel like I could walk with the humans! Stand in daylight like the others. I could have friends and play sports and go to school! I close my eyes and imagine it all.
Walking from class to class, waving to friends and there she is. Johanna will be waiting at the corner for me. A smile on her face and her heart on her sleeve as I grab her hand and we walk down the hall together. I could court her for a while, and then, hopefully, she would love me enough to be with me forever. Biting into her neck, but this time, I would release a part of me and that part would change her life forever. In the early evening, just after the sun has gone down, her eyelids will flutter open and expose her red newborn eyes. She would see new colors and run with me. Experience new things, climb new heights, see new sights. We could discover Atlantis together and take a romantic underwater tour of the S.S. Titanic. As soon as she has had her first kill I would take her to the rainforest. We could taste new and exotic things together, climb those tall trees and finally reach the top, just to peer out over miles and miles of endless green leaves. What a life! A life I could endure living, and all because I knew that she had lived.

My beautiful thoughts and fantasies are shattered by a shadow falling over my face.
"Faine, darling, you are blocking the life."
"Gabriel? Don't you mean 'light'?"
"Nope." I jump up, "see that. That floating ball of fire in the sky. It creates everything. Without it, humans couldn't exist. We would be plunged into a world of darkness. A world where nothing good exists. Dark pleasures lead to sin and dark temptation. What have we to look forward to when all that is light is just dark?"
She stares at me in shock.
"Are you okay? I think you should-"
"-Tell everyone! Oh yes! They would want to know!"
She stammers after me but I am rushing into the house.
They are all relaxing in the living room. Hhmmm, living room. Funny word. But since we're the UN-dead, shouldn't it be the UN-living room? Haha!
"Okay, okay. I have an announcement, everyone." I say.
"Shouldn't you be dead now?" Bastien asks.
Lottie nudges him in the ribs.
"No, no. I am here to stay. And all because," I take a dramatic pause and everyone leans forward in anticipation, "my Johanna is alive!"
I smile in disbelief and wait for reactions. No one moves.
I look from face to face, waiting for someone to say something.
"So?" Bastien says rudely.
Oh! He has a problem with me. I wonder what it is?
"Bastien!" Lottie shrieks
"Gabriel, I know you want to believe this, that Johanna is alive but-" jordan says.
I run over to her and kneel in front of her.
"No. Oh no, Jordan. Just look." I let her inside of my mind.
She gasps at the memory I show her. At the way I saw her and how perfect she seemed. Again, the sun setting behind her as she turns her head. A dazzling smile and eyes filled of wonder.
"She's everything to you." Jordan says at last.
I nod as I gently close my mind again.
Jordan looks at Faine so I guess they are doing a little mind talking. Faine ends up nodding and Jordan smiles.
"Lottie, we need to talk." I say. She gets up and follows me to the corner. She pulls up her barrier so no one can hear us.
"I'm sorry. Its over."
She looks bewildered, "Um, what is?"
"Us. Our relationship is over."
"We were dating?!" I can't read her expression this time.
"Ssshhhh. Don't talk," I place my finger over her lips, "Now, you are an extremely lovely girl. So pretty, and devious, everything a guy could want. But I'm afraid we wouldn't work out like that," her mouth is hanging open, "we will still be great friends though, mostly because you are the only one here that I can stand. I'll always be sure that these people won't feed you that crap animal blood, don't worry." I say nicely.
Her barrier fades as I kiss her cheek and walk out of the living room and up into my room.
So here I am now. Writing about Johanna and waiting. She's coming for me. I know she is! I feel every breath she takes and hear her every whisper.
'She's not coming for you. Why would she?' She says leaning against the wall.
"I know she is. We have a bond. You know that she isn't afraid of me."
'That was before you killed her! I'm not coming to you with kisses and open arms when I come back.'
"That's okay, she will forgive me. And, you're not coming back. You can't. I made sure of it."
She rolls her eyes and fades away.
"I'm waiting, Johanna. I'm here."
Wait, I hear something.
Oh my God! Its Johanna! She's here! I knew she wouldn't waste any time finding me! I must go see her and hold her again for the first time.
-Gabriel

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]