Tales of the Lost
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Tales of the Lost

The Secret!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Alec's Memory

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Alec's Memory Empty Alec's Memory Mon Feb 14, 2011 6:48 pm

Admin

Admin
Admin

There was a knock on the door. Long before the knock I had smelled her scent. I was sure that scent had been eliminated. I wanted to run away and hide, but i had to help protect my family. In walked Jane and a group of new vampires I didn’t recognise. I was looking at Faine in shock when all of a sudden I felt my gift being stripped from me. I was a sitting duck. I looked around and suddenly saw my beloved sister Jane. I ran to her and hugged her.
“Jane, where have you been sister?” I looked past her and saw Felix, Demitri, Chelsea and Afton fall in behind Jane and the others.
“Who are these people Jane? Have we new friends?”
“Yes, brother dear we have and those behind you kidnapped you all, but never mind brother dear, all will be well again. One female kept shouting at us to come back. I’ve no idea who she was. Another female stood quietly looking at the floor. She was very pretty but I didn’t know why we were here.
“Why, to bring you all home brother dear, you’ve been held prisoner, we finally found you so come let’s go home.” As we turned to leave I heard a crash behind me as I noticed that the blonde girl had tried to attack the vampire standing next to Jane but without even touching her she seemed to be flung back into the room as tables and chairs got scattered in all directions. The red head didn’t even look up. It’s as if she wasn’t even there. I thought the dark haired woman’s gift must be really powerful, she didn’t even raise her hand to the blonde, yet the blonde got thrown across the room. That’s some mind control. I looked around at the new vampires, curious as to whom our new friends were. There were what seemed like a husband and wife, triplets, 2 girls and a boy, another lady and a man I guess they are a couple too, maybe even married, because he has his arm possessively around her and then Jane and Tristan, I noticed that they were not wrapped around each other in fact they were not even standing close, how odd. I thought they were inseparable. Not much of a guard but I guess the masters knew what they were doing when they sent them out looking for us.
We turned as one and we walked out the door and went home. I looked around at the familiar walls of the great hall like I was seeing it for the first time. I noticed cobwebs everywhere and thought that was very strange. It was unlike the maid to not clean those, Master Aro was always very specific about things being spotless. I wonder where the Masters are anyway, it’s strange to not see them sitting in their thrones. A couple of vampires came in just then, the dark haired one and her husband, and went to sit down on the thrones, like they owned them? What? How dare they! Jane came in then and went and sat down in Aro’s throne!
“Jane what are you doing have you gone insane? Aro will kill you!”
“Brother dear, Aro and Caius are dead; they were killed by the people who kidnapped you and the others. So Claire and Marvel here” she said pointing to each in turn
“And I am going to be the new Monarchy of our kind.”
“What?” I was outraged, our masters killed, my sister ruler with two strange vampires?
“Who decided that you should be Queen, and why did you bother to rescue me and the others?” I demanded.
“Because brother dear, you are my twin, and you belong here, this is your home, not in some fantasy land. Do you know that you were forced to drink the blood of animals? You are a true vampire and you drink humans like we do.”
“But what are we going to do to avenge their deaths? We have to kill those vampires!”
“We have technically, Claire and Marvel stripped them of their powers and the leader’s mind was erased.” I stared at her but didn’t really see her, instead I saw the red headed girl that kept popping into my mind and I felt a strange emotion, what was it, it was a happy feeling. The word love popped into my head. LOVE! How can I love my kidnapper? I decided not to share my thoughts with Jane I needed to figure them out myself first.
“I presume that my room is still my own or has Claire deemed it to belong to someone else too.” I felt pain wreck through my body and I crumpled to the floor.
“You shall not talk to Claire like that brother dear, she is now you’re queen and you shall remember your place.”
“Where is my place Jane?”
“Here at my side and doing my bidding and you shall refer to me as Mistress Jane. Do I make myself clear Alec?”
I nodded knowing that without my powers to deaden my senses that it would be too painful for me to argue. I was feeling very confused as I headed down to my room. What was all this about. It didn’t feel right being here and yet it did at the same time. Why was I seemingly in love with my kidnapper? Why were happy moments with her continuously popping into my head? Why did Felix and Demitri have the same looks of bewilderment on their faces whenever I saw them? Where were Chelsea and Afton and why was Jane queen. Who deemed it to be that she would rule us? She would never make a good queen she’s far too evil and I began to wonder if I would ever escape her or am I deemed to be stuck with her for an eternity too?
It was good to be back in my own room with all my possessions that I remembered. I walked around in a haze, my thoughts raging around in my head. Memories of my ‘kidnapped’ days seeming more like a happy life. Weddings, laughing and the red head always with a smile in her eyes when she looked at me, my feelings of love for her further confusing me. Felix and Demitri seemed to wandering around too looking confused and each of us smiling and patting the shoulder of the other as we passed each other in the corridors. This carried on for a few days until Jane asked me to come to the rooftops with her. It was a game we played whenever we were bored. I decided to be smart and play along with Jane rather than try to argue with her, it would be the least painful for me. So I put my worries to the back of my mind and tried to pretend that we were the best of buddies like before and this seemed to work, to fool her. We began talking about the old days and I lied about how glad that I was that she seemed so happy with Tristan. I decided to see if she loved him anymore or was it a ruse and just because all her new friends seemed to be in a relationship, the more I quizzed her to more I began to understand that she was indeed lying to me and everyone else. She was suspicious of him. Wonder what he did to cause that. So I continued to quiz her on silly things that seemed to upset her and I found that she was forcing the answers and I got the feeling that she didn’t want me to quiz her on the subject anymore which raised my suspicions. My questions were innocent such as was she gonna marry Tristan now. Was she surprised that she could fall in love? Was she afraid that she’d stop being cruel cause now she was in love? I began to get the feeling that she had lost the plot. She had been very nasty to me when she had heard that I had kissed Tristan before and was extremely possessive of him, but now it’s as if power had gone to her head and she didn’t trust him. What had happened there, they had been so devoted to each other? Wonder why she now seemed to be avoiding answering my questions. I watched her as she tried to think up of answers without giving herself away too much. I’ve been looking at her for so long she forgets I can almost guess what’s she’s thinking just by looking at her. But she still tried anyway. She looked at me and gave her answers in short, her lips tight as if she didn’t want to let out a secret. She interrupted my thoughts and changed the topic completely and became a little of her old self, the fun side and said
“Brother. Come, we have to feed. Heidi will have arrived with lunch.” Then she looked over her shoulder and smirked at me and said
“To the great hall.” And she sprinted off, over the roofs ahead of me. I followed her thinking well that was interesting, I must investigate this further. Wonder what Tristan’s thoughts were on the matter, then the burning in my throat started to take over as we ran, jumping across the many rooftops of the palace. I could literally taste the blood dripping down my throat. Something felt comfortable about all this yet something didn’t at the same time. I kept remembering the girl standing staring at the floor. The one with the long red hair looking like she was lost. But wasn’t she supposed to be my kidnapper? Why would she kidnap me? I decided to keep my thoughts from Jane. But it kept hopping around in the back of my head. I’ve been getting images in my head for the last day or two really if I’m honest. Moving furniture with the redhead, laughing and running with her, being intimate with her. Whoa……my mind was playing tricks on me. That’s not the kind of thing you do with kidnappers! Still Jane is my sister and while I know she’s evil surely she wouldn’t lie to me….would she? We went to the great hall and instantly my eyes settled on a redheaded human with green eyes. She had long hair too. I was drawn to her and when I leaned down to drink her blood I heard the voice screaming in my head
“Alec, please, come and save me, I’m lost!” I dropped her on the ground and ran out of the room holding my head to try and block the screaming. What the hell is going on? Could I read minds now? Jane came after me.
“What’s wrong brother dear?” I stared at her but didn’t see her. She was talking to me but I couldn’t hear her. I could hear her mock concern. WAIT. What? Her MOCK CONCERN? That doesn’t make any sense Alec! Pull yourself together. Maybe I’ve been brainwashed by my kidnappers! But who were my kidnappers? The red head one or Jane?
“I’m fine Jane, just had a little turn.” I forced out a laugh and winked at her and said
“Race you back, I’m hungry!” she stared at me for a second and then smirked and ran past me into the great hall.
“Bet I can drink more that you” I challenged her. She smirked again
“Bet you can’t!” I went for the same redhead again and snapped her neck and drank from her blocking out all the voices. Yet it actually pained me to drink from her. It was like physical and an emotional pain all rolled up together. It shook me to the core and I didn’t know why. The game continued and I managed to drink 3 humans before I felt too full. Jane managed to drink 4. The challenge and triumph in her eyes. It’s a game we always play. I left them and went to my room to mull things over in my mind. Why was the redhead in my mind? Why was I hearing the same voice in my head begging me to help her? One of the newer vampires came to my room. I could smell her the minute she was outside my door. It was a pungent smell like an onion. She knocked on my door, I got up and opened the door but there was no-one there. But her smell passed me as she walked past me into my room. She never said a word. I knew it was Vedavati. She can make herself invisible. I knew then that Jane had sent her to spy on me. My suspicions were right. Jane was not to be trusted but I felt that I had to play along to be left alive. I went and started my Xbox and turned on the new Halo 3 game that was sitting next to the TV and started playing the game. I pretended that she wasn’t there and settled in to play and shout at the screen when I was killing my enemy. At the same time I was aware at all times where she was in the room and what she was poking at. After about an hour or so I heard a knock on the door, thinking she had gotten bored watching me and needed to leave I got up to open the door and was stunned to find Demitri standing there.
“Hey Alec, how are you mate? Can I talk to you for a minute?” I looked at him and winked at him and made a kissy face and licked my lips at him in invitation to come in. He looked at me in alarm and said
“Uh, it’s okay I can see you’re busy, another time perhaps…..uh it wasn’t really important. Just about the human you drank.
“No….Demitri tell me please, what has you rattled?” I said winking at him again.
“You know you can trust me with anything.”
“Uh, I just wanted to know why you drank so many humans, I only got 1 and you drank my second one. I was just wondering were you extra thirsty or just stealing from me?”
“Oh me and Jane were playing our usual game bro” and I forced a giggle.
Demitri was looking strangely at me and I grinned. He finally figured out what I was doing and decided to go, but said before he did
“Well in future Alec just drink your normal quota, I’m still thirsty and I’m cranky too. Thanks a lot.” And he stormed off up the hall. That should have fooled her. I thought and sure enough I smelled her as she passed me and left the room. As her scent got fainter I sat back on my bed and smiled to myself as I texted Demitri that the coast was clear. He walked into my room 3 seconds later.
“What was all that about Alec?” he asked me. “Why all the code talk?”
“One of the new vamps, the invisible one, was in my room spying on me at Jane’s command I assume. She’s suspicious of me as I am of her.”
“Why would she be suspicious of you?” Dem. asked.
“Because I keep hearing a voice of help me and seeing a beautiful redhead that I seem to know intimately and when I was drinking that redheaded human it screamed in my head and I had to leave the room.... Jane followed me and wanted to know what was wrong. But my powers work again and I deadened myself and pretended nothing was wrong. She thinks I’m a bit confused but that’s it as far as I know.”
“Okay” he replied.
“I know, I sound crazy right.” I shook my head dejectedly, my shoulders drooping.
“I don’t know what it means.”
“Well if it makes you feel any better Alec, I keep seeing a beautiful woman in flashbacks that I feel completely drawn to, but I can’t remember her either and I know her name is Valentina. And then Tristan told me something totally bizarre the other day. He was being very cryptic about it. Secret notes, to burn after reading and all. He told me that we were here under false pretences and that we belong in Kerry with our wives and girlfriends, that Jane and the other new vampires have stolen us to be in our rightful places and to serve them, as they rule where Aro and Caius used to. But when I quizzed him later about it he acted as if he didn’t know what I was talking about leaving me very confused. It is strange I haven’t seen Master Marcus either. I don’t quite believe…..”
I put my finger to my lips to shush him and signalled to the Xbox and he and I were sitting in our chairs in less than a heartbeat.
“Take that” I roared. Laughing
“Noooooooooooooooooooo” groaned Demitri.
“Yes, got you Alec, take that, you going down sucker. Bam! Prepare to die!”
Jane burst into the room growling. We looked back at her in mock surprise.
“Hey sister dear, care to help me try and beat Demitri into the ground!” I laughed and so did Demitri. Jane walked out slamming the door in disgust. Me and Demitri looked at each other with one eyebrow cocked. We were right to be suspicious. It was obvious that the invisible vamp had reported to Jane.
“We should warn Felix too, wonder if he’s having any flashbacks too. We should ask him the next time we see him.” The next thing Felix came rushing in the door.
“CHELSEA IS DEAD! AFTON IS BESIDE HIMSELF!”
“Who would do such a thing,” Demitri and I both asked together as we rushed with Felix towards their quarters.

https://talesofthelost.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum