Tales of the Lost
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Tales of the Lost

The Secret!

You are not connected. Please login or register

The dilemma

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1The dilemma Empty The dilemma Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:22 pm

Admin

Admin
Admin

Hazel was such a lovely being. I felt a special bond with her. It is as if she was my connection to God. That maybe my soul was not damned like Edward Cullen believed after all. She understood that Lottie needed her help immediately when we arrived. I was so pleased because I feel that Lottie is somehow my daughter, not my sister. I also feel responsible for her. I could hear her thoughts when she was human. I was amazed that hazel could do that for her. I spoke in Hazel’s mind and thanked her for helping to heal Lottie and me too. She gave me a knowing look but said nothing, I actually felt at peace. I know you have a gift that I cannot replicate and to be honest I would not even try. I respect you too much.
“Everything will work out fine for this young one Faine, but you’ll have to be patient. She still has wildness in her that wont’ be tamed but that’s ok its part of her charm. Leave her at it she needs to learn it for herself. You have a very good husband who loves you dearly and whom you can always count on. You picked wisely my dear.”
“How about Jordan’s wish for a baby, how will that work out for Demitri? I don’t want him to keep getting hurt. It nearly broke him for turning Lottie.”
“Yes, but it will make him stronger. This lesson has taught him a valuable lesson. He and I have been friends for a very long time and I trust him, he will make the right decision when the time comes. Gabriel is coming back into your lives again and he is hurting badly. Give him time to acclimatise; he will become a valuable ally. I also see trouble brewing for you again in Volterra. Be careful there. You have made new friends and they will come to trust you in time. Do not fear because others are coming. I see great things for you and your family, but it will be a troublesome battle for a while. But as I say it will be interesting.”
I stared at her, trying to process all she had said to me and figure it out. I decided to block my thoughts, thanks to Lottie I could, and plastered a smile on my face. I decided to go out for a while. The girls looked at me worriedly. I smiled and told them I needed to go and chat to ‘my man’ privately. They smiled, relief evident on their faces.
As soon as I was far enough away, I rang Alec who answered on the first ring.
“Darling how are you?” he said.
“Um….fine sweetheart I needed to hear your voice” my own voice breaking.
“What’s wrong?” he said immediately.
“N..n..nothing what would make you think anything was wrong,” I said trying to force the hysteria out of my voice.
“Because it’s not like you to panic.” wow am I that obvious I wondered.
“Oh it’s cause I miss you and love you and hate being away from you and an angel just told me we were going to have a fight on our hands anytime soon.” I said in as normal a voice as possible.
“Wait…what? A fight? What are you talking about angels’ for?” his voice getting louder towards the end.
“Well there’s a guardian angel, a friend of Demitri and Valentina’s staying at the house we’re staying in and her name is Hazel. Apparently, they have been friends, her and Demitri, for centuries. And she just predicted our future. She’s helping Lottie at the moment and has turned her into a human again so she can deal with her grief properly.”
“Faine are you kidding me, this sounds very far fetched.”
“I know it sounds insane but it’s all true. I’ve seen it with my own eyes, otherwise I wouldn’t believe it either.”
“So what else did this so called guardian angel tell you? Not that I believe in guardian angels, they are only myths!”
“Technically, so are we Alec.” I said. Kind of annoyed at his reaction, didn’t he believe me?
“I was talking to her in her mind and she started talking about our future and it’s has kind of upset me.”
“What did she say?” nervousness now evident in his voice.”
“Are we going to be okay?” he asked.
“Oh yes, we are fine and will be, it’s everything else she said.”
“Faine will you please tell me the suspense is killing me here. What’s bothering you and who’re we going to have trouble with?”
“The volturi! Why, is Marcus creating an army? Is he going to seek revenge for killing his brothers, I knew we should have killed him too, even if it did seem right saving him with Didyme. Maybe without Chelsea’s influence the pretend wife realised who she really was! Oh Alec what are we going to do?”
“Faine listen to me, firstly you are going to relax and stop jumping to conclusions. You don’t know that’s the problem at all. Do you want us guys to go and check it out?”
“NO, I shrieked at him “I don’t want you to, I want to be there with you and we’ll check it out together. How long would it take you to get here? I feel like I can’t breathe.”
“Faine, love, open your eyes, you don’t need to breathe. Tell me what you can see in front of you.”
“Um I see two trees and a little hill.”
“Okay go and sit under the middle of the trees and I want you to take several unnecessary breaths. I’m on my way.”
“Ok” I said and hung up and did as I was told. I don’t know how suddenly I could lose my control like that. I never panic. I was surprised at myself. How after all these years and all I’d been through, could I suddenly freak out, because some unknown force threatened to destroy my happiness when I only just have it. I loved my life now and didn’t want anything to destroy my happiness. Well I wouldn’t go down without a fight. I smelled his scent before I saw him, ran in his direction, jumped into his arms, and wrapped my arms around his neck. Alec my rock and my love.
He kissed me, rubbed my back, and shushed me as I clung to him shaking, Him whispering in my ear that everything will be alright and all will be well. I was so afraid and I could feel that he was too and so we clung to each other. I could no longer hear his thoughts and I was afraid, what was he thinking and did he think I had suddenly gone insane.
“What are you thinking my love? I feel like I’ve gone deaf, for without Jordan nearby I can’t hear your thoughts my love.”
“I’m thinking about what you’ve told me, but mostly am worried about you and your reaction to the news. Are you okay I’ve never seen you react to anything like this before, you always seem so capable and strong. I’m looking at you and you seem fine but to me I can see fear has crept into your eyes. Why don’t you think we are strong enough to win, my love?”
“Hazel told me that all would be well as we have the Cullens on our side and that more were coming to help us, but I just feel so afraid that I will lose you, when I’ve only just got you and I couldn’t live alone anymore.” and I started to cry, great loud sobs tore from my chest and Alec pulled me tighter into his arms and just let me at it. He rubbed my back in a circular motion, it was a lovely warm feeling, to feel nurtured and loved, and safe wrapped up in his arms.
“Whatever happens Faine you’ll always have me by your side. I will let nothing destroy us no matter how powerful they are. You forget that I have my gift working at full power…and you have your gifts and Jordan and Josh are powerful too, as are Demitri and Valentina, Katy and Felix, Chelsea and Afton and we will find Gabriel too and ask for his help. Plus as you say the Cullens will help us too, the four that are our friends are all gifted, and I’m sure they have friends. Don’t worry Faine we are not weak lambs going to the slaughter. Think of this as a game of chess.”
I looked up into his eyes and leaned into to kiss him deeply enjoying the sweet taste of him and savouring the feeling of togetherness and safety. I could feel his strong hands rubbing my back and it was comforting. I started to relax and realised that he was right, what I was afraid for. I could totally whoop their asses’, if only to save my man then I could do anything. I’m a vampire for crying out loud, not a weak human. I shook myself and I saw Alec’s eyes widen in amusement as he appraised me.
“There’s my girl!” he smirked.
“Ya I’m back! Beware everyone!” I sang to anyone out there listening and giggled. Phew.
“I don’t want to tell the others just yet, until after the wedding because I want Jordan and Josh to have their fairytale wedding and they’ve been so busy with it all. I want Jordan to have all her wishes come true Alec.”
“We’ll tell them all after that and discuss what’s to be done. When they come back from their honeymoon will be time enough for them to get involved, but I know if we need them sooner they’ll be here to help.”
“How did you only hear about this and not the others?”
“Hazel spoke in my mind when I was thanking her for helping Lottie.”
“Then can’t you simply ask her how much time we have before we have to stand and fight?”
“Yes, Alec, I will see what I can do.” I kissed him again.
“Are you okay now Faine?”
“Yes my love, I am, aw, I guess I better get back to the girls, they’ll be worried about me. Thanks so much hun for coming to see me. I was beginning to think I’d lost my head.”
“Never fear Faine, I am here” he said standing like a musketeer, with a big smile on his face. I dissolved into a fit of giggles at him.
“I have to get back too mind you, the guys aren’t too far from here , they can’t hear us, but we have to go and give Josh a stag party he won’t forget and as you can imagine that’ll be fun. Us guys have never really had a chance to chill and have fun at a party and have a booze up and it’s hardly likely with our appetites.” he said smiling again as he tucked a stray curl behind my ear.
“Well you could always chase some cows and scare them to death and have a bloody Mary!” I said laughing at him.
“Ha, very funny Faine” he said joining in my laughter.
“Very funny indeed so scram now my love and go back to the girls so ye can play with ye’re dollies and tea parties!!!!” he said smirking at me.
“Ya well leave the legs and wings on the bugs will ya, go on with ya Alec. See you tomorrow my love.”
“See ya Faine” he said wistfully. “I’ll miss you.”
“Sure you’ll hardly know I’m gone.” I smiled and blew him a kiss.”
“Race you, text me when you get home.”
“I will, bye love.” and we raced in opposite directions.
“I’m back with the girls my love, love you.” I texted him as soon as I got back. A few minutes later he texted me.
“I’ve met up with the guys, have fun and be good!!!!! Love you too.” I could nearly see the smirk and smiled to myself as I walked in the door. Everyone was gone out except for Hazel and Lottie who was still a human and it was a comforting smell, reminded me of Paddy.
“Hazel, I’m sorry I ran out, but I panicked.”
“I know you did my dear, but I did give you a rather large look into the future. How do you think Alec reacted to it?”
“He was so busy trying to calm me down that I don’t think he actually thought about it, or if he did, he was deadening his senses from me. Hazel how long do we have before the trouble begins in Volterra. Do we have to go there to defend ourselves? What will become of us? Will we survive?”
Hazel reached out to me and pulled me into a hug.” she smelled like a human and not disgusting like before and it was like hugging Mary all warm and cuddly. I put my head on her shoulder and hugged her too.
“It’ll all work out Faine, you’ll see, but you’ll have to be patient. I’m sure you’ve heard the phrase ‘good things come to those who wait’” she stopped talking as we heard the sounds of the others returning and the rustling of bags. I heard Jordan’s thoughts about how much fun shopping was and I rolled my eyes. Honestly, what was the big deal with shopping. That girl could shop all day and all night and not be sick of it, me, I’d be mentally tired of it after one shop. Jordan looked at me with a grin on her face….
“What can I say……..I love to shop…..”
“So how is Alec?” they all chorused laughing good naturedly…
“He’s fine and sends his love and good wishes to us all and hopes we have fun playing with our dollies and our tea parties.”
There was a lot of sighs and disgruntled grrrr’s coming from everyone.
“Have they decided what they are doing for Josh’s stag night?” Jordan asked.
“No, they are guys, I told him to chase some cows and scare em to death and have some bloody Marys” everyone giggled.
Katy asked what that meant. I rolled my eyes and giggled, if they were human they would chase the cows and have milk shakes but as they’re not then they will have bloody Mary’s get it…….”
“Oh” said Katy and started to laugh too but I knew from her thoughts she thought I was nuts and didn’t get it all but I let it slide. Poor girl was still young.

https://talesofthelost.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]