Tales of the Lost
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Tales of the Lost

The Secret!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Aro's diary 3 (Part 1)

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Aro's diary 3 (Part 1) Empty Aro's diary 3 (Part 1) Tue Nov 02, 2010 4:53 pm

Admin

Admin
Admin

Dear Diary,

Greetings.

Ahh. What a meal! Who knew humans could taste this good even after living a thousand years! Delicious! That’s the word, precisely.

All of them came inside just as Edward, Bella and Alice left the room. I almost thought Edward would have to feed here because he looked so thirsty. I was truly surprised when he didn’t. It is abnormal for a vampire-that too, a thirsty vampire- to behave in such a manner. I knew no other human had an appeal to him of even half the magnitude of what appeal Bella had to him so this was almost expected.

But, a thirsty vampire slips up often. And most of all unusual vampires like the Cullens and the Denalis. Human blood is what we need. And it is hard to control ourselves even when we are not thirsty. I would have killed Bella even if I loved her so immensely. I really wouldn’t go against my nature and even try to do the almost-impossible.

A lethal vampire like me is also having trouble remembering the scent of Bella’s blood. I promised I’d tell you about my experience, didn’t I? I'm fulfilling my promise now...
Ugh! The burn in my throat is so uncomfortable even when my thirst is quenched! That scent! If I’d known such a scent exists, I would have searched for it years ago. At first, I thought it was just Edward who came back.

At first, I wasn’t expecting Bella and Alice to come with him. But, when I scanned the room, I was shocked to see Bella and Alice with him. I couldn’t suppress the joy of seeing Edward with Bella. Now I knew how Edward could see what Bella was thinking through her eyes. The surprise at me calling her name so casually was uncovered in her eyes. Alice, too was taken aback when I talked of her uncanny, spectacular talent. Then I realised.

Oh, she didn’t know me and I didn’t know her too-personally, that is. I had seen some extraordinary ways her talent worked when I had seen James track Bella down to kill her. How I wish I would have her belong to me, to us, to the Volturi. She would be of unimaginable help.

While all of the thinking about Alice was going on, I couldn’t stop myself from noticing the graceful features of Bella Swan.

The way she held herself was pretty unusual. She was almost cringing into Edward and her shoulders were stiff. But, as soon as she entered the room the stiff shoulders relaxed, without any trigger that I noticed. But Edward stiffened beside her and I realised. Ah, all the vampires here were thirsty and she had one of the sweetest scents.

Her skin was pale and her eyes had bags underneath them due to lack of sleep, I guessed. She was standing so close to Edward, it almost seemed like they were one. It still amazed me, how could he bear such close proximity with her?

I wanted to know the whole story. I took the opportunity to ask Alice to do me the honours. She looked at me and then Edward, questioning him with her eyes. Oh! How would she know that I knew everything that Edward knew! So I answered her question instead and told her that my talent was similar to Edward but (sigh) limited.

Edward then explained that I could read every feeling that had crossed her mind in her whole life. I wasn’t going to give in so I gave one more reason why he was more talented than me. He could hear over a distance whereas I could only hear a person by touch.

But this debate took a backseat when Felix entered with Marcus and Caius. There was a little hint of something on Marcus’ face as he approached me. It looked likes surprise to me, at least.

Everyone else thought he looked half-dead and utterly bored. But in truth, he had been like this for centuries. Marcus' mate, Didyme, my sister had a special talent to influence the people around her to be happy. I changed her so I could have her in my guard. But once I had changed her, her talent no longer worked, so she "accidentally" died.

He walked up to me and gave me his hand and told me, “Their relationship is really, really strong. It’s something I have never, ever seen before. If you have intentions to break them up again, I don’t think that is going to be possible. If they live, they now live together and if they die, they die together”, he told me.

There was an edge of something in his voice that I hadn’t heard in a long time. That expression was of surprise. Although I knew it already, I was still shocked to hear this from Marcus. He was almost never taken by surprise. When I expressed it out loud, Bella seemed to believe it.

Ah, I took a chance to experiment with my talent. I asked her if she would do me the honour of letting me see if I could read her thoughts.

I have to go now. Felix just came in with an invitation from my other brothers for a little "talk". I think I know what this is about. It is about my encounter with Edward and why I let him go like this. Caius is definitely against it but Marcus is the same dead, old man again. I have to go.

SO until the next time then.

Aro.

https://talesofthelost.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum