Tales of the Lost
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Tales of the Lost

The Secret!

You are not connected. Please login or register

awkward conversations

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1awkward conversations Empty awkward conversations Fri Jul 19, 2013 12:06 am

RenesmeeCarlieCullen

I awoke feeling bubbly, lighter than I ever had before. It didn’t take long for Adam to wake up too. “That was… fun.” I whispered, snuggling closer. “Glad you had fun. You scarred the twins.” Nathan laughed from the other side of the door. I jumped under the covers quickly and Adam laughed at me. “Glad that my embarrassment amuses you” I growled, quickly throwing clothes on and finger combing my hair, leaving my smug boyfriend behind. I opened my door to find both Drew and Nate leaning really close to the wall and I rolled my eyes. “Did you perverts enjoy the earful?” I asked sassily, smirking at them. ‘No fear’ I told myself, knowing that if I showed how embarrassed I was I’d never hear the end of it. Drew surprised me though by actually answering. “Yes, we did. Thanks for asking, love” he said with a wink. I stared, open mouthed until Adam finally made an appearance. “Glad you assholes enjoyed it. However, I’d appreciate it if you would shut up and move along before I knock you out. And next time I catch you eavesdropping on me and my girl it won’t be pretty!” Adam hissed at them and Nate immediately pushed Drew behind him. “We were kidding, but if you wanna fight, bring it” Nate growled, snapping his teeth at Adam. I knew enough to get in the middle before Adam did something stupid. “Hey, we were playing, babe” I said to Adam, grabbing his arm. “They still shouldn’t talk to you like that.” “I was the only one who was rude here. They just happened to be standing by our door, but it doesn’t matter. Vampire hearing I wouldn’t be surprised if the whole house knows” I mumbled, looking at the ground. Then we heard a little girl laugh and I turned to see Lizzie standing in her room, trying not to interfere. “Hey, sweet pea. What’s up?” I asked her, kneeling down to her level. “You and Adam were making weird noises. It was weird. I didn’t like it…” she whispered, looking at the ground. “Sis, remember what I told you earlier? If people didn’t do that, we wouldn’t be here, silly” Jade said, rolling her eyes. “Jade” I warned, thinking that maybe I should handle this. After all, Lizzie didn’t need to worry about babies or boys or anything, she was eternally a child. “What? You think we never had the same embarrassment around our parents? Our room was right next to theirs and really thin walls. Talk about awkward…” Jade rambled. “JADE” I said again, noticing that now the whole house was up here. Great… “Let’s go shopping for room decorations” I suggested, hoping to distract the girls. They all agreed happily and thankfully the subject was dropped.

I called around and all of my friends were busy Friday. It seemed like mom’s blind date might be my only option. I was just about to give up when my phone beeped, telling me I’d got a text. “WANT TO HANG OUT FRIDAY?” I sighed, thanking whatever higher power exists. However, I didn’t recognize the number. “WHO IS THIS?” I asked, hoping for a name that I would recognize. However, I wasn’t expecting the answer I got. “MY NAME IS AUSTIN. I KNOW THE TRUTH ABOUT YOUR SISTERS” Just great… “I WILL MEET YOU ON FRIDAY AT THE DINER. 7:30, NO LATER OR I’LL LEAVE” and with that I turned my phone off and went to bed. The rest of the week past in a blur and before I knew it Friday had come. I had picked out a nice outfit, not knowing what to expect from this Austin boy. However, when I got to the diner I was shocked to find out Austin was a girl. She was quite tan, making it clear she wasn’t a vampire like my sisters. She had platinum blonde hair and looked very snobby, but I knew better than to judge. I slowly walked over to the table and found a coffee already waiting for me. “Anna, right?” she asked, her voice sounding too perky and slightly fake. “Yes, and you are Austin?” I asked and she nodded nervously. ‘Maybe that’s why she seems fake, maybe she’s nervous’ I thought, sipping my coffee. “So your sisters aren’t normal and I am prepared to out them and Mark as well. I know all about his little coven and I am not afraid to tell the police everything.” Austin said in her fake perky voice, making my blood freeze in my veins. “Did you bring me here to warn them or something? It seems to me that you are set in your ways and so what do you expect me to do?” I ask, pretending to not care but secretly knowing anything this girl asked for I would give her in exchange for silence. “I’m telling you because you can keep me quiet. All you have to do is convince Mark to make me one of them and get Adam to love me again.” Oh, joy. The girl asks for two things in life I honestly can’t give her. This was going to be an enjoyable conversation. “I will see what I can do, but I can’t promise anything. For now, I think I need to go call them. Is that all you wanted?” I was coming off rude, but what did this brat expect? She was threatening my sisters and their family! “Yes, that’s all” she said, smiling. “You have a week” she said, standing gracefully and gliding out of the diner. I pulled out my phone and shot off a quick text to Mark “WE NEED TO TALK. THE SOONER THE BETTER. YOU AND ADAM BOTH ARE INVOLVED” and with that I stormed out.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum