Tales of the Lost
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Tales of the Lost

The Secret!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Just The Beginning...

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Just The Beginning... Empty Just The Beginning... Sat Oct 29, 2011 9:21 pm

Gabriel*and*Alice

Admin

August 2nd, 2014
One year and five months ago Johanna and I said 'I Do'. One year and 2 months ago we set out on our real honeymoon. But four years and 8 months ago was when our real journey began. It was the month that I had met Johanna, true we got off to a rocky start but over time we had mastered the hold that reality seemed to have on us and took fate into our own hands. We wrote our own story and made our own happy ending, but for once the story doesn't end after the wedding, it still continues...
After spending a year away from the place that has come to be known as home, it felt not only comforting but strange to be returning again. It would seem that walking into the world after 100 years of "sleeping" would terrify me more...but it didn't. I felt more terror arriving back in Kerry County than I had when I first emerged from my old age, dirt grave.
The people I had left behind for 100 years weren't as important to me as the people I had only left for 1. Sure they couldn't physically change that much but I was worried about what was on the inside. Would I still be compatable with them? Would Sophia still love me as much as she had? Could Rhoan and I fix the strain on our friendship?

When in Italy we visited Pompeii and Johanna seemed to be emotionaly effected by it. She silently cried as we passed the lost souls trapped in time from the eruption of Vesuvious. Mothers hugged their children, forever caught in that last embrace, looks of terror molded perfectly for the rest of time, it was like walking through a grave a vampires. These poor souls couldn't age, couldn't move on, but nor could they feel or change with the rest of the world.
We visited where the Romans held the Olympics, which is what had Johanna inspired to start running. I admired her dedication, as soon as we got home she changed into shorts and a t-shirt and went running. While she was gone I went over to Jordan's to visit. I assumed that Rhoan was still there as well.
When I walked through the front door Sophia immediately attached herself to my waist. Her arms went around my body in a hug and I couldn't believe that I didn't have to kneel down to hug her as well! She stood to about my mid-section!
"Uncle Rhoan said that you would be coming! I'm so glad your back! I missed you, Uncle Gabe!"
I hugged her back tightly and took in her familiar scent, the same one that I had associated with home.
"I'm back now, Sophia. And trust me; I won't be going away for that long ever again."
"Good. Hey, look what Uncle Rhoan helped teach me!" She steps back and holds her hands out as if it were raining.
I waited for about a minute and was about to ask her what I was looking for when I saw It.
Fluffy, white snow drifted down from the ceiling and fell all around us. I held out my hands to catch it and Sophia smiled when I showed her the perfect frozen flakes resting on my cold palm.
"Sophia Vaught, I warned you not to do that again-" Jordan warns while coming out of the kitchen.
She has her hair tied back, a cooking apron around her waist and a spoon in her hand.
"Hey, sis. Glad to see me?"
Jordan rushes over with vampire speed and into my arms.
"Yes, for once," she jokes, "How was it? Oh my gosh it must have been amazing!"
"It definitely was, I highly recommend traveling the world. I think Johanna has some of the pictures on facebook if you want to see them."
"Later I will, come in and hang out with us."
"Speaking oh Johanna," Rhoan steps from around the corner, "Where is she?"
"Italy inspired her to start running so she's out running." I laugh.
Rhoan steps forward and gives me a hug, "Welcome home, Prince of Darkness. I have to admit, I was extremely surprised when you went on your spontaneous one year honeymoon to travel the world."
"You were surprised?! Johanna was in shock!"
I follow everyone into the kitchen and they begin to catch me up on what I had missed that entire year.
"Things are that serious with you and Darla?" I ask Rhoan.
"Well she's visited a couple times and I've visited her a couple times. I think I'm going to ask her to marry me."
I couldn't believe it! Rhoan and Darla getting married! No way!
"Congratulations, Rhoan. I think you and Darla make a wonderful couple, you both bring out another side to the other."
Sophia then told me all about how much she loves high school, she graduated early from that smart school and had wanted to be with people who looked her age. She has so many friends and is doing well in all of her classes. And Jordan told me that everything supernatural has been quiet around here, no one threatening our lives.
After the visit was over Rhoan and I walked home and I remembered something from a very long time ago.
"Did you ever find out if Johanna has any werewolf in her?"
For some reason I had thought about when her brother was up and how he is an alpha werewolf that had caused some trouble and fear for us.
Rhoan stops right outside the door and looks in my eyes, "Would it make a difference if I told you the answer?"
His words went straight to my heart. Would it make a difference? Johanna and I were already married. If the answer was 'yes', even from when she came to Ireland for me, I know that I wouldn't have been able to push her away, and I still couldn't now. Its too late, I'm completely in love with her and nothing will ever change that.
"No, I don't need, or want, to know. She's my Johanna and could be part alien for all I care. I will always love her no matter what."
Rhoan smiles and as he opens the door he says, "Well she doesn't have any werewolf in her."
I can't say that I breathed a sigh of relief, I had meant every word of what I said. And if the answer were 'yes', then we would have found a way to make it work.
Rhoan showed me all the pictures of him and Darla from when they visited each other, and then I showed him all the ones of me and Johanna.
About an hour later, Johanna shows up out of breath but a smile on her face.
"Good to see you, Rhoan," she hugs him.
"You too, Jo," he hugs her, "So running? Your into that now?"
She laughs a little, "Yeah, well history will inspire you. You guys all wanna hang out?"
Of course I want to hang out with Rhoan! I've missed him!
"Yeah, what did you have in mind?"
"Well let me take a quick shower and I gotta work but you and Rhoan can hang out at the bar with Louis and Alison."
Oh yeah, I almost forgot about them, I haven't seen them since the wedding.
"Yeah let's do it!"
"Um, I get free drinks since I know the bartender, right?" Rhoan jokes.
Johanna laughs and kisses his cheek before running up the stairs.
I was home and everything was perfect, everyone who was still importnat to me still thinks I'm important to them.
-Gabriel

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum