Tales of the Lost
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Tales of the Lost

The Secret!

You are not connected. Please login or register

What the Angels wanted

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1What the Angels wanted Empty What the Angels wanted Sat Aug 27, 2011 11:50 pm

Admin

Admin
Admin

How is your thirst? Do you need to take a detour?" Demitri asked me as we ran through the forest
"its bearable I will get something from the bar later, we need to get back, Tristan didn’t sound pleased did he." I said, I think it took him by surprise but he didn’t make a big deal about me possibly drinking human blood, it’s not like I am going to rip some poor persons heart out, take a life, no this is more humane and a little can’t be bad for my diet, I just have to be strict within myself, a little smile played on his face it was infectious I couldn’t help but chuckle, Demitri laughed too
" I’ve never met anyone so radiant and controlled" Demitri laughed again, that bugged me what did he mean? I had to focus my worries somewhere else from me, why had Tristan said 'your angels are here' for he sounded extremely angry, if it was Hazel she wouldn’t upset him, then it clicked I pushed harder realising why Tristan was mad
"Valentina?" Demitri called to me “I am sorry it was a complement" I was running faster, he matched my running effortlessly, he looked at me with alarm in his eyes
"Malachi." I sighed, Demitri looked a little confused then his eyes grew wide and anger crossed his face, it was now me trying to keep pace with him, he turned his head to look at me, still the angry expression on his face, he slowed down so we were running at the same speed.
Demitri wasn’t on good terms with Malachi these days, he said some hurtful things to Demitri while we were in New York and I don’t think he will ever forgive him for it.
"What did you mean a moment ago? "I asked him the need to understand became overwhelming, I couldn’t leave it be, that wiped all the anger out of him as he relaxed a little
"you put us all to shame you know, we fight to be good but it becomes too much and we transfer to our old diet, you take my hand and tell me its fine that you want me to be happy that you will stick by me whatever I do, but I find myself feeling like I let you down, for you to want to drink human blood I’m a little jealous, I know you can control your habit, where as I cannot, its human blood all the way from now, but you can flip between the two with not much resistance, you radiate and are controlled that’s what I meant" I scoffed at Demitri’s tragic way to make me feel better
"erm do you not remember a few weeks ago? "I questioned, he smiled
"how many did you kill?" he asked me looking serious
"none" I whispered, it took me by surprise he bellowed a horrible dark laugh
"when I was that thirsty a long time ago, I took so many lives in one night and each night that number grew." he said sourly
"your just trying to make me feel better" I shook my head at him "it doesn’t because it hurts to know you didn’t have a choice"
he laughed again
"I had a choice Valentina," he said as he slowed to a stop, I slowed to and looked at him as he rested his back against a tree "I wanted to cause destruction, I wanted my body full of innocent blood, half of the people I killed was just out of pure boredom" Demitri said as he kicked the tree, it made a creaking sound but didn’t fall
"you were a new vampire you didn’t know any better"
he shook his head at me
"do You know why we can’t hunt in New York? "He asked me, his eyes where fixed on my face but they where distant he was reliving that time
I took his hand
"whatever it is I don’t care ok, you were young once, we all do stupid things, vampire or not believe me, I made a huge mess of my human life."
"I guess that’s why you’re so in control of your young life now" he murmured.
I leaned in to kiss him and he moved his head, that hurt me, my body ached inside he was pulling away from me slowly soon we won’t hold hands then we won’t be in the same room as each other, slowly he will avoid any interaction with me, then he will leave.
Demitri straitened up he scanned the area and then looked to me.
"what is it? he asked stroking my face, I snapped out of the thoughts of him leaving me, the look in his eyes now seemed so concerned for me as if willing to know what I was thinking or feeling, that would change soon too, I didn’t answer him and tried to move away from him, he grabbed my waist
"what were you growling at" he questioned, I shook my head it took me a little bit by surprise at how close we were, if he was going to leave me he wouldn’t have done this, He wouldn’t let go
"it's because I moved away isn’t it? I'm sorry, I hurt you didn’t I? I'm just not good at this sometimes, I really am lucky to have you." he said, the words didn’t fit with what I had expected from him
"you didn’t hurt me Demitri, just understand that I’ve been hurt before and I know the little signs of betrayal and falling out of love, I learnt the hard way, I guess I assumed that’s what you were doing, saying good bye" I said foolishly, he kissed me and held me tight
"my love for you will never fade, I would never do that and I would break any one in half who hurt you and I never want there to be goodbyes between us." he whispered into my ear the last part wasn’t so true though was it, one day, one of us would have to say it.
I held on to him for dear life he laughed lightly and stroked my back.
"Sometimes you over think things" He said quietly, I couldn’t disagree with him there. After a few minutes I pulled away from him.
"We should go." Demitri said “that’s what I was going to say”, we started to run again.
Demitri kept looking to me to make sure I was, ok I guess it was sweet of him really there is no amount of words to describe how I feel for him, I never thought it would be possible to have so much love for one person and it keeps growing every minute, every day I spend with him, slowly its killing me inside because deep down I know his fate and its coming to an end and when that day comes that’s it, it will all be over, I will no longer be Valentina Midnight I will be a lost vampire and that thought scares the hell out of me and I know it scares Demitri too even though he won’t be around to see it.

We got back around midday the sun was tucked away, we walked in through the back door to hear laughter, something we didn’t expect Demitri took my hand and we walked in to the front room together as one well that’s how it felt to me, Hazel jumped to her feet but Malachi stayed sat down he didn’t look up onc. Hazel flew in my arms and Demitri let go of my hand, I hugged her back gently she pulled back and looked at my face fresh tears fell down her cheeks.
"Hay don’t cry" I said as I hugged her again
"We couldn’t have you both leave under sour circumstances" She sobbed into my shoulder I rubbed her back like Demitri had done with me earlier.
"Ahh its ok please don’t cry" I said to her and hugged a little tighter not too tight I didn’t want to crush her.
Malachi cleared his throat and Hazel pulled away, He was stood now he held out his hand for Demitri but he blatantly ignored it and took Hazels hand and pulled her into a stronger hug then what I could give her, he knew the limits I guess, she stopped her tears once she was in Demitri’s arms like a mother and son it reminded me.
I looked to Malachi who was glaring at Demitri hand still held in the air it lingered there for a minute.
"Hay old man how about a proper welcome" I said, his hand dropped and he faced me, a warm smile played on his face and he came to hug me.
"Can you forgive me?" He asked I shook my head and his arms dropped from around me the look off disappointment and fear off his actions crossed his face I held my hand out to touch his face.
"I can’t forgive you for something you haven’t done" I said smiling at him he pulled me into a tighter hug this time and whispered in my ear.
"Thank you Valentina" I wanted to cry I wish I could.
Then a little voice chirped.
"Me next meeeeeeeeee" I peaked around Malachi to see Vera jumping up and down, I let go of Malachi and he took Hazels hand and took her to sit down while she composed herself, I opened my arms and Vera came running up to me I picked her up and spun her around.
"And when did you get so tall" I asked her as she was in my arms Demitri slid his arm around my back and kissed Vera on the cheek she giggled.
"Eww uncle Demitri your kisses are wet and duh aunty V I’m like Nine years old now." She giggled, I laughed with her she had grown up fast, and I looked around not noticing Bastien or Lottie here and looked to Chelsea who was snuggled into Afton’s arms.
"Where are your mummy and daddy?" I asked Vera, she smiled.
"Business" She chuckled, Chelsea burst out laughing I looked to her not understanding.
Vera then whispered in my ear. "They wanted some alone time" I laughed now understanding.
"I thought you two were off hunting?" Afton questioned, for some reason Demitri stiffened beside me.
"Mmm yes that was the plan but we got side tracked I guess" Demitri said playing it down but I could tell it was a big deal for Demitri he thinks I don’t know about his mental list he has it’s something I would have done too.
"Right well you can tell me all about it later, we are taking Hazel and Malachi to the bar tonight." Afton said joyfully
I looked over to Hazel and Malachi both with different expressions on their faces, Malachi didn’t look happy and Hazel looked excited, Malachi met my gaze for a second he looked disappointed, why? It didn’t matter I wasn’t a disappointment to Demitri and that’s all that mattered really I was radiant and controlled I chuckled lightly I set Vera down and she ran to Hazel.
"Can you tell me some more stories" She begged.
Hazel laughed.
"Of course sweet heart shall we go and get a picnic?" Hazel asked, Vera looked unsure then shrugged.
"Ok but" She started but Hazel put her finger on her lips.
"Shhh little one it’s ok we can pretend its charade" She said, Vera jumped up and down Hazel stood and Vera practically dragged her towards the kitchen.
o Demitri waited till they were outside he glared over at Malachi.
Malachi had closed his eyes and spoke very low "Quiet" I felt a blanket wrap around us not just me but the whole room.
"Excuse me?" Demitri growled.
I gripped Demitri hand to stop a fight breaking out. Malachi looked at me only.
"Ohh that’s new?" He looked amazed.
"What's new?" I asked back.
He laughed lightly and shook his head.
"You somehow have picked up a gift; maybe it was from me that got left behind, it will be useful to you." He smiled I was still completely confused.
"How is that possible" Afton asked looking interested in what Malachi had said.
He shrugged.
"What gift" I demanded It was now Demitri turn to tighten his grip on me, I looked at him and he smiled lightly, he loved that I was getting angry with Malachi too I guess, well I will if he keeps the riddles up.
"the gift of sense it’s a very unique, mostly Angels have it normally" He said looking like it wasn’t a big deal but it was to me, I didn’t know I had this, well I did but I just thought it was part of being a vampire your senses are stronger.
"And?" I asked being impatient.
"Ha-ha it means that you can sense good and evil and anything that might happen to you use it, it will protect you from danger" He smiled
"And how do I use it?" I asked him intrigued now
"You will know when the time comes, no one can tell you how but believe me you will know" Gahhhh riddles, Hazel would give me a better clue I thought Malachi laughed, had he heard my thoughts surely not.
"I’m surprised though" He said shaking his head we all looked confused.
"Can you not feel the evil that feels the walls" I looked straight to Afton not purposely he hung his head low too as a reaction to it Malachi was on his feet Chelsea instantly stood in front of Afton as Malachi got close to Afton.
"Please" Malachi said sounding offended.
Afton cleared his throat. "Chelsea its fine" She sat back down and glared at Malachi he wasn’t doing too well on the friends list at the moment.
"Look at me" He ordered Afton did as he asked.
"You are not totally evil you have it under control its buried below, but believe me this evil I smell does not belong to you." he said looking only at Afton, Afton nodded once.
Alec and Faine came in through the front door and looked a little shocked to see us all, they both looked at each other
"Whoa, Wow ok now this is weird" Alec said looking completely confused, Faine looked around the place.
"Yes there's some kind of cover over us." Faine said, I ignored them and I pulled my hand out of Demitri’s, I was so angry
"You can be so rude Malachi don’t you understand we might be dead but we have feelings you know, you hurt one you hurt us all, when are you going to realise that?" I shouted at him he shuddered at my reference to being dead.
"That thing is not one of you" He shouted back, Chelsea growled.
"Care to tell us what you guys are fighting about?" Alec asked
"Mmm yes its blocking the notice" Faine nodded to herself.
"WHAT?" I snapped at Faine instantly regretting it.
Everyone looked at me like I had lost the plot.
Faine smiled.
"There’s a cover over this room, we didn’t know anyone was here until we entered." she explained to me.
The blanket I felt wrap around us earlier it was Malachi.
"YOU?" I accused Malachi.
He nodded.
"Of course little ears shouldn’t hear this." He said looking hurt that I was accusing him of something bad.
"Vera" I whispered he nodded and sat back down.
Alec jumped over the sofa and sat down to looking hungry for details of our fight, Faine came to and stroked my arm and walked around to sit with Alec he placed his arm around her and kissed her cheek.
"Look I know what you’re talking about Malachi and you have it wrong he isn’t evil" I said starting the argument again.
Faine and Alec looked over to Afton like I had done when the mention of evil had been spoken
Malachi shock his head in disgust.
Afton held his hands up
"Not me apparently" Afton Joked.
Faine looked to me and she looked shocked.
She shook her head.
"No not possible" She said just as stunned.
"You have it wrong Malachi ok, yes he has been in a bad place but he is good." I told him direct.
"My senses never lie to me Valentina." He shot back.
"They do actually, you told me Demitri was bad for me once, you said it was all wrong but look at us can’t you see how happy I am how happy we all are to have him back in our lives your wrong Malachi"
Demitri growled.
"You said what?" he aimed that question to Malachi
Alec and Afton stood up at the same time.
"I was right about that too, look what he is doing to you Valentina I hardly recognise you anymore" He shouted back.
Suddenly there was a splitting pain in my head I doubled over in pain. Demitri was at my side holding me I screamed out in pain.
"ENOUGH BOTH OFF YOU"
The pain stopped and I could stand again I didn’t realise Malachi had dropped to his knees too, his hands on his temple.
Afton was in front of him trying to help him up.
"Leave me" He spat out. Afton held his hands out and moved away quickly.
"Enough both of you, we didn’t come back to fight each other we are all family here and families don’t pitch wars against each other" Hazel said sounding stern.
Then she went white like a ghost Malachi was at her side holding her the fear in both their eyes scared me but I felt it the weird sensation rocked through me, a hand appeared on my shoulder I knew who it was straight away.
Afton, Alec, Faine growled at Blake who was stood behind me, I didn’t need to look to know it was him he had cut his scent of and the others didn’t like that but surprisingly Demitri didn’t react nor did Chelsea, they expected it.
"Are you ok" Blake asked concern thick in his tone.
"She is fine" Demitri growled.
"Valentina?" He asked me ignoring Demitri.
"I’m ok" I said with that he disappeared again but I knew he was watching, I could feel him the others relaxed but Malachi and Hazel where staring at each other I looked to Faine she was fixated on them too then she looked to me again.
"Let me explain" I said knowing this was going wrong. Hazel looked at me.
"Yes you better" She snapped. " But first could someone just go check on Vera I have left her in your garden I wouldn’t want anything harmful get to her" She said this was not the Hazel I was used to, it made feel like l didn’t know her at all.
"She is safe" Faine said being certain but walked toward the kitchen.
"The company your all keeping these days makes me wonder how that’s possible" Malachi said sharpl,y that hurt.
With that they all left, it was just Demitri and me, Hazel and Malachi stood staring at each other like we were now enemies this weren’t right.
"Tristan is not Evil and that was Blake" I started to explain, all this has exhausted me mentally and I needed to feed after this it would be a good excuse to leave if things don’t get sorted.
"How could you let this happen Demitri?" Hazel sounded so disproving that I felt like a kid again who had picked the wrong friends.
"He didn’t let anything happen why won’t you just listen and stop judging" I snapped back, Hazel crossed her arms and nodded for me to carry on, Malachi sighed and shook his head.
"Blake has served his time, he is free, and Tristan he is good, it’s just hard for him to be on this side but he would never hurt us we saved him." I said hoping that would clear things up.
Hazel studied me for a second then she sighed, Malachi looked to her disgusted.
"No, Hazel no they’re lying to her she is foolish to believe them please don’t be fooled" Malachi begged the panic in his eyes should have made me worried but the hatred poured through me, why didn’t he trust me. Demitri took my hand.
"I trust Valentina’s instincts and she says Tristan is good I believe her and if she trusts Blake I trust him too." Demitri said standing by me, thank goodness not everyone thinks I am a complete fool.
"Yes I see that, Ok" Hazel nodded.
"You’re making a mistake" Malachi said not looking at any one.
"No you’re just being blind Malachi your judgement is being hazed because you’re too connected to her" Hazel said facing him stroking his arm.
He shook his head but didn’t say anything else he knew the fight was over.
Hazel smiled again returning back to the angel we knew.
"We have an apology to give" She said warmly.
"APOLOGY ACCEPTED HAZEL" The voice rang through the room Demitri searched the room but couldn’t see Blake I smiled and felt him leave us alone.
Hazel turned to Malachi
"Now you need to apologise to Tristan" He looked like he was going to object but Hazel put her finger to his mouth.
"And then we can enjoy our vacation" She said bluntly.
"Fine, but I still don’t trust them" Malachi said to her.
"Of course you don’t and I wouldn’t expect anything less" Hazel said and kissed him "Now let’s let Valentina hunt" She said as she pulled Malachi into a hug.
"Thank you!" I said still a little angry but she was right I needed to hunt and not human kind no, I was getting too weak to be able to stop myself I felt proud I was controlling myself Demitri was right.
Demitri moved with me and Hazel held her hand out to him.
"No you are staying here there are still something’s we need to discuss" She said looking angry at him.
He looked like a kid being caught doing something naughty.
"Don’t worry I'm sure Faine wouldn’t mind going with her" She said to the question in Demitri’s head, he nodded and Faine appeared in the room smiling she held her hand out for me and laughed.
"Be good boys" She chuckled and pulled me out of the room before I had a chance to react.

https://talesofthelost.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum