Tales of the Lost
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Tales of the Lost

The Secret!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Visiting old haunts

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Visiting old haunts Empty Visiting old haunts Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:32 pm

Admin

Admin
Admin

o
In my head I have made plans, things I need to do before its too late, I want to do them now as there is no one who can give me an accurate answer, the list I made isn’t in any order but it’s there to be completed.
One of the things I wanted to do, was to return home, I didn’t tell the others what I had planned, Valentina didn’t know until she saw it, our castle in Volterra where I served as a guard for the most senior vampires, I couldn’t look at her when she gasped, she slowed down but I hadn’t stopped, I carried on with my speed I wouldn’t force her to go in if she didn’t want to.
I stopped outside the side gate where I could sneak in and not be seen by humans, it was twilight now and no one would notice me or Valentina they wouldn’t see we were different from them.
Valentina finally came behind me, she stood by my side and held my hand, I looked at her face this time to see her eyes sparkle with wonder, and I wasn’t expecting that.
"It looks so beautiful doesn’t it" I agreed with a nod and looked back at my former home
"but the horrors that went on inside hasn’t changed the beauty has it?" She said with a sigh, she looked to me now and I smiled not looking at her
"this is where my life began “I started to say but she stopped me with a kiss.
"I wish that wasn’t true " she said as she rested her head on my shoulder, looking back at the castle, I spun Around and held her to me lifting her face so I could see her eyes
"no I meant my life started when you walked in with that tour, when I first smelt your beauty, I knew my life had meaning" I told her, she gasped again
"I always thought that you picked me because you where mad with Jane?" she questioned me.
I laughed lightly and kissed her head
"I guess that’s true too, but............... I have never told you this," I stopped should I tell her? I decided I should. "I was going to leave that night, I wanted to be far away from this place, everybody had somebody to care for, I had no one, it was ripping me apart, I looked out from that window" I pointed to the east and Valentina looked up amazed by my story
"I caught a glimpse of you and my world stopped" I laughed a little now remembering it like it was yesterday " you where stood on your own Heidi hadn’t started the tour yet but you stood here looking into the window where I stood watching, our eyes met but I knew you couldn’t see me, I felt even more alone because I knew you wouldn’t want this life, then I saw you shouting at someone and I believed someone was close, running after you a loved one maybe, I knew you wouldn’t join the group to be slaughtered.
I went back to my room and started to pack, I was going to feed later I wasn’t going to join my family feast for the first time, Felix stopped me, told me to drink something and if I felt the urge to leave I should, but he desperately wanted me to be there"
"do you think he knew?" Valentina asked me
“I asked him but he denied it." I told her
"oh well I have him to thank" she said as she looked back to the castle so I carried on.
"I left my room and smelt your beautiful scent and entered the great hall just as you all walked in, I locked eyes on you and you had this smile on your face like you knew what was going to happen, everyone started to scream, I saw Jane heading your way and I knocked her out of the way, I took you away from the massacre and saved you." I sighed.
o
"Only thing was I didn’t want saving " Valentina whispered, it was like she had just read my thoughts I was going to say exactly that.
Valentina took my hand and moved forward
"come on" she whispered to me, I looked to her in surprise
" you don’t have to do this" I told her not moving she shook her head
"I want to see the beginning of our life" she said before turning and pulling me with more force.

It was extremely strange seeing this place empty, no sound but our feet pounding the floor all the different scents still lingered in the walls, all the scents of the ones that were destroyed, a couple of times I had to look behind me to make sure they were actually gone.
"Isn’t it strange, their long gone but there still here aren’t they" Valentina commented.
I agreed with her why did I want to come here for really? It just reminded me of death and pain not happy memories to keep, even when Valentina rescued me they were still sad times, all these memories off blood and slaughter made me thirsty.
"May be this wasn’t a good idea" I said as I slowed my pace.
Valentina looked to me and smiled that warm smile.
"You too, this makes me a little happy, I thought it was because I was weak" She said to me, I took her face and looked into her eyes they were slowly turning black
"You are not weak Valentina, you never have been" I said and kissed her, she hugged me after our long kiss.
She turned suddenly and crouched ready to pounce, I scanned the room, I couldn’t see or hear anything I let my senses take over but I really couldn’t smell anything but the old scents.
Valentina hissed through her teeth at something. I placed my hand on her back.
"Shhh, there is nothing there" I soothed her.
"There is I can feel it" She growled.
"There just ghost's darling ghost's of lost memories nothing to fear" I told her she scanned the room still hissing.
"No, there is something here I can feel it" she hissed again.
"Ok come on lets go" I told her pulling her arm she pulled away from me.
"Don’t you want to stay and fight Demitri these are meant to be your family you have to protect them" She screamed at me, I looked at her confused, what was she talking about?
"Darling there not here anymore, there all gone" I said studying her face.
She looked around again looking confused, she stopped growling and stood up straight.
"I don’t like being here Demitri, can we go please" She begged.
I took her hand and ran with her, once we were outside and safe she turned to look back at the castle she asked me a bizarre question, I knew she wasn’t ok.
"It looks so beautiful doesn’t it" she said, I looked at her wondering why she was repeating herself for. "But the horrors that went on inside hasn’t changed the beauty has it?"
I grabbed her in my arms and hugged her so tight.
"What’s wrong?" She asked me fear in her voice "Don’t you want to go in?" She asked again.
"No" I said not wanting to scare her, something was happening to her memory maybe something in there has played with her mind whatever it was I need to take her away from here far away, returning wasn’t such a good idea I guess.
"Come on lets go home" I told her as I kissed her head.
She looked back to the castle and sighed.
"Can we stop on the way back I really am thirsty" She said looking ashamed I smiled at her
"Off course I could do with something to drink to" I told her she gasped.
"I.......erm I don’t think I am ready to watch that" She said looking away from me.
I tried to find her gaze but she wouldn’t meet mine.
"Valentina will you please look at me" I ordered. She did so. "Now tell me what you just meant?" I asked a little more calmly.
"I'm not ready to see you kill someone" She said and looked away.
I laughed, not intentionally to upset her, but she caught me off guard.
"Darling I am not going to kill anyone there is no reason for me to do that now Bastien has his vampire Bar and if I have to drink animal blood I will for you" a smile played on her face.
"Ok" She said more cheerful.
My phone started to vibrate in my pocket Valentina looked to where the vibrating came from I pulled it out and read the caller id
"Tristan?" I said out loud.
"You should answer it, might be important" Valentina said as she looked with a worried expression, she holds so many worries in her, I wonder how she can stay so sane, well lately its truly taking its toll on her, I answer the phone but put it on loud speaker.
"Tristan" I acknowledged.
"YOUR ANGEL IS HERE" he snapped
"Excuse me?" I asked looking at Valentina he hung up.
"What was that?" I asked
"That wasn’t Tristan" Valentina said looking scared.
"It sounded like Tristan" I said putting my phone back in my pocket
"No I can feel it Demitri something is really wrong" She said it in an eerie way like she wasn’t really here, what was with this feeling she kept getting about things, I hope she isn’t losing her mind.

https://talesofthelost.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum