Tales of the Lost
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Tales of the Lost

The Secret!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Getting set up

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Getting set up Empty Getting set up Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:08 am

Admin

Admin
Admin

I reckon we should get back to the design” Lottie said after a while. I nodded and said what about we have plush red and silver furnishing and maybe we can hire some staff and they could maybe wear cloaks? You know like the Volturi did.” Lottie said.

“Ya that would be really cool.” I agreed.

“So when are we gonna start digging?” Lottie asked.

“How about tonight. Demitri is doing something with Valentina today but he said he’ll be over around ten tonight with Afton and Alec and we’ll get digging.”

“Good thing our neighbours don’t mind things that go bump in the night” Lottie giggled. I pulled her into my arms and told her that she was the most amazing woman and that I was so lucky to have her and vera in my life and then I kissed her. Later on when Lottie had Vera tucked into bed we started digging down at the back of the house. The other guys arrived over and pitched in to help us.

“Dammit, I’m gonna need a makeover after this, Bastien did you ever hear about getting shovels” Afton complained. We all burst out laughing at him and gave him a hard time about his vanity. He good naturedly defended himself saying that Chelsea likes a man with clean finger nails, at which point Lottie pointed out that there was nothing better for cleaning dirty fingernails than a brush, hot water and soap.!

We spent a great part of the night digging, we reached the mine shaft in just over an hour and Alec said he could definitely make this place look cool. Afton had the compass out and he and Demitri decided on the direction of the town and set about digging a tunnel towards Tralee. It was really exciting. Vera came walking along the tunnel calling out for us. She said she’d had a bad dream…Lottie asked her what it was about but she wouldn’t tell us anything. So she asked her if she’d like to hold the lantern so mommy could get on and pulverise some rock. Vera loved the idea of being down here with us but she started shivering. I guess we didn’t feel the cold so Lottie took Vera upstairs and got her dressed up warmly. Next thing my phone beeped in my pocket.

“Bastien love, Vera doesn’t want to go back down to the bar so I’ll stay up here with her, see you later love. xxx”

Poor little girl. Wonder what spooked her so much? I’ll have to quiz her later. Me and the guys carried on digging through the earth until we reached to just about 10 feet to the entrance of the town. We could hear the cars going by and people going by talking and mostly smell their blood. It was all I could do not to dig further through and take a drink. The sooner we got this place going the sooner I could have a drink whenever the urge hit me. I don’t know how we drank animal’s blood. I get the gags whenever I think about drinking an animal. Especially when I know how satisfying a human’s blood is, and I started to drool. Working with the guys was great fun. We laughed a lot and chatted about things going on in the family. Demitri said that Gabriel was saying his brother in law- to- be was a werewolf and I wondered if it were true or did Gabriel just not like Ryder. Demitri said that Valentina was worried about Tristan because she overheard him speaking to himself in his bedroom and he looked all panicky. Alec said that he and Faine were debating about going on holidays until we came up with our idea about the bar and they were both excited about it

“Wait Alec, how did Faine know about the bar? We only just decided to do it today and then I texted you all” I asked him.

“Well she was looking up holiday destinations online when she suddenly clapped her hands ‘Alice style’” he said with his two fingers up for air doing inverted commas

“Oh my god Alec, Bastien and Lottie are gonna make a blood bar” she said with a big smile. I was staring at her like she had lost the plot wondering how she knew that. She looked at me and said she heard it through Edward’s thoughts. And then she started looking up plush fabrics and stuff online.” Alec said.. I nodded at him and said

“Wow Faine is like the new Edward, she can hear thoughts.” I smirked at him.

Over the next few days we got busy constructing the bar and reinforcing the mine shaft. Alec and Lottie got busy with paintings and special effects. Afton and Demitri were building all the seating areas and tables and the bar, I was sourcing the blood and the staff for the bar. I called them all into to read over the advertisement I had come up with to see if it needed tweaking..

“Brothers and Sisters, Lottie and I have come up with a name for the bar. It was Lottie’s idea so full credit goes to her. It’s gonna be called ‘RENFIELD;’S’ named after Dracula’s assistant who liked eating bugs. Lottie loves Dracula and it seemed fitting and yet has an edge to it. Here is the ad we’ve come up with for the website:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“VAMPIRE-WANNABEES WANTED!

BECOME THE PERSON YOU WANT TO BE!

ENJOY OUR ‘EXOTIC’ CULTURE!.

WE ARE LOOKING FOR STAFF TO SERVE IN OUR NEW BAR, ‘RENFIELD’S’.

WE OFFER FULL ROOM AND BOARD IN OUR NEARBY CRYPT.

COME CHECK US OUT. COME FOR A DRINK OR A BITE!

CONTACT BASTIEN OR LOTTIE AT

renfieldsbar@hotmail.com

SEE YOU THERE IF YOU DARE!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We went to look around the bar and got very excited, it now looked exactly like we had first imagined it. Alec and Lottie are gifted. The old black and white photos of vampires encased in coffin frames looked awesome. Alec had done an amazing job of blowing them to gigantic sizes, length wise to fit in the 7ft coffin frames. And the effects in the bar now looked like you’d walked into an old crypt, including cobwebs, low lighting making some areas completely dark. The plush furniture for sitting and flirting with your prey looked lush, floor to ceiling curtains graced imaginary windows with a bright moon filled sky with bats flying here and there in a midnight blue looked awesome. The bar itself had a large granite bar top in a solid chunk that I know Afton had brought over from further down the mine shaft.

The glasses were beautiful they were like champagne flutes which were encrusted with shimmering stones in silver on the sides. The passageway looked eerily creepy but had enough light coming from tiki lights placed here and there to give people a sense of excitement as they came to check us out. The passage way led down to a big metal door that had a built in creak noise as the door opened. It reminded me of so many of the movies that had creepy doors in it and I laughed at the special effects. Clever Demitri. It even had a peephole to look out. I was very impressed with everything and thanked everyone involved. Next came the challenge of finding staff that I didn’t want to drink. We had received many offers and Lottie and I had finally settled on 4 people. 2 girls and 2 boys. All 4 seemed very happy to be here but Faine got a strange feeling from all of them. Perfect, just what we wanted. They are aged between 22 and 26. Lacey is Irish, Opal is English, Ortho is Bulgarian, a real dark horse and Nate is American.

We also hired 6 bouncers to handle any troublemakers. Not that there was a problem there. It’s really cold underground as Vera said so we had to install heaters for humans, but set it on a low setting. We wanted to create a feel of being in a crypt. Plus I like my human blood chilled!!!!!!

So with everything ready to go we opened the doors to see what or who came inside them ……………………..

https://talesofthelost.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum