Tales of the Lost
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Tales of the Lost

The Secret!

You are not connected. Please login or register

FIVE MINUTES...

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1FIVE MINUTES... Empty FIVE MINUTES... Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:37 pm

Gabriel*and*Alice

Admin

FIVE MINUTES...
Night of March 14th, 2013
As I sat there waiting for him, each second seemed to drag on. And the longer I waited the worse of an idea this seemed.
3 minutes.
5 minutes.
8 minutes.
Where the hell is he?! But, on second thought, do I really wanna know where he is? If he doesn't show up I think I would be fine with that.
If only I was so fortunate...
I looked towards the end of the alley and there he stood. His body faded into the night and the only distinguishing feature was the lighted end of the cigarette he was smoking.
"I said 5 minutes. Not 9."
"I agreed to meet you about my being a werewolf-"
"SHHHHH!" I said hurriedly.
"Wow, you really are uptight." He smiled.
I noticed something new about him: He has muscles. Big ones. Now it seemed possible that he is my werewolf.
He gave me a sickly sweet smile and then before I knew what was happening, he had me shoved against a building.
"I am not YOUR werewolf!" He yelled, "I'm not any bodies pet! And you would do perfectly well to always remember that!" He screamed.
And now he's a mind reader?! I wonder what else he's heard me thinking? This could be very bad.
He continued, "Especially," his nails elongated into sharp dagger like claws, "When I can kill you."
Before he can threaten me any more I use my own nails to slice open his arm. He screeches in pain and let's me go.
Now I'm prepared for battle, but he is to. His chest is rising and falling rapidly, his eyes are consumed by blackness.
"You really shouldn't have done that." He says in a deep, strangled voice.
I knew a fight was going to take place but unlike these werewolves, we vampires prefer discretion. So I started climbing up the building until I was on the roof. I take a second to prepare and then I look over to see if Ryder can, or will, follow me. A huge black creature comes leaping up over the side of the building. It lands behind me and its just as ugly as I remember. Huge and freakishly skinny, black fur and deep black eyes that are all consuming. But how could one forget to talk about its ginormous snapping jaw and its sharp pointed teeth! Well, they're there! Ready to kill me!
"Not here." I tell the Ryder werewolf and then turn and jump across the roofs.
'No matter where we fight you will die.' That same deep voice says in my mind.
"Well what would Johanna do if her fiancée died?" I shout behind me. Never once taking my eyes off the path ahead.
'She'll get over you. After all, you killed her boyfriend that night in the woods in Pennsylvania. She got over him and she'll get over you too.'
And now I was shocked, I didn't now I had killed her boyfriend! I didn't even know she had had a boyfriend at the time! My complete shock makes me trip and I fall between buildings. I recover quickly and keep running, stopping for just a second could cause my death. I look behind me but Ryder is no where to be seen. I keep running anyway until I am inside the woods, that way no innocent bystanders would be hurt.
'Your in my territory now.' The deep growl is back.
I turn right. He's not there.
I turn left. Not there either.
So I keep running and circling around, all the time he is laughing in my head. But I can't see him anywhere.
I decide to look up, even though I'm sure I would have heard his weight on the branches. And when I do, Ryder is falling down on top of me. Before I can get loose, he sinks his powerful jaws into my shoulder.
I yell and try to pull myself away but he has a strong grip on me. He takes my body still locked in his jaw and throws me into a tree 100 yards away. The tree falls and I'm laying in the dirt amongst all the turned up roots and falling dirt.
I can't move. My body is going numb all over and my shoulder burns!
Ryder starts charging at me and there's no way I could move away in time. I wait a couple seconds and then reach under my belt which actually hurts like hell! The simplest of tasks and it burns!
Anyway, I pulled out a gun and aimed it at his heart. I pulled the trigger. The shot rang out in the woods. Ryder fell to the ground and phased back into a human. He was screaming in pain and holding his side.
"Shit, I missed." I say as I try to stand up.
I meant to pierce his heart but I guess because my shoulder was so bad I hit his side instead.
I'm finally standing up, well, leaning against a tree for support. It bothers me to no ends that I can't stand by myself!
"It hurts doesn't it?" I ask him as he bucks under the pain. The blood is really pouring out of that one small wound, "Its pure silver." I take pleasure in the look he has on his face. It makes me laugh but that causes me to fall from the pain it puts me in.
Ryder laughs at me and then the pain puts him in the same position I was in, "Fuck you!" He yells at me.
I laugh as I try standing up again and even that small chuckle makes the pain flare up and I fall. Again.
"'It hurts doesn't it?'" Ryder mocks me, "My poison is deadly to vampires. Your kind can usually recover right away but this time you won't. Your going to feel the pain of my poison for a long time. Have fun explaining why your limping around to Johanna." He says as I'm standing up again.
I start walking away.
"Come help me up and get me to your car." He calls out behind me.
I ignore him. Instead I take my cell phone out and text Rhoan.

To: Rhoan
Help

I knew I wasn't going to make it far before collapsing again. But I just wanted the small satisfaction of walking out of Ryder's sight while he was still stuck on the ground.
"Your seriously going to leave me here to bleed out?! Fuck you, Gabriel!" He yells again and again until I'm out of sight.
As soon as I can't see or hear him anymore, I collapse on the ground and wait for Rhoan.

To: Gabriel
Do I need my med stuff???

I look at my shoulder, the pain flares just looking at it.

Yeah. U do.

Half a minute later he replies.

To: Gabriel
Where r u??

Should u be texting while driving?? By some trees outside of town

Then I see the bright headlights coming my way. He had taken his black Ford truck for some weird reason. Rhoan is a small, skinny kid and I could never be able to picture him in a huge truck. He has style and he's...interesting...I just don't know why he drives a truck! He doesn't need that much space!
The car stops and Rhoan jumps out of the huge thing. He comes running over to me with a backpack slung over his shoulder.
"What happened?!" He asks as he sits down next to me.
"I got attacked by the werewolf," Rhoan stops what he's doing, goes over to his truck and comes back with a notebook and a ruler.
He starts measuring my wounds, "Can you please stop the pain before you take your sweet time doing whatever?!" I yell at him.
"No. I want to observe these while they're still fresh."
He takes a test tube and places some of the fluid from my wounds in it. Then he measures the diameter of the bite.
"It looks like you got into it with an alpha." He says shocked.
An alpha? Ryder?! That's news to me. He's such a punk! And he does drugs! How can he be an alpha?!
Rhoan writes down his measurements and observations and then bandages my shoulder.
"Its goona take a couple days to heal, and its goona be very painful. Just try not to use it on and don't do anything insane until the poison works out of your body."
He helps me up and into his truck.
"What am I going to say to Johanna? How am I supposed to tell her that werewolves are real?" I ask my friend. Then an even bigger question and problem presents themselves, "How am I supposed to tell everyone that Ryder is the werewolf?! He lives with us, for gods sake!"
This was going to be even harder than I thought.
"Ryder is the wolf?!" Rhoan exclaims, "I guess its obvious if you look back and examine the signs. Hey, do you think he'd let me examine him?" Rhoan blabbers.
As Rhoan lives in happy land I think about it. Ryder is the wolf. Johanna is Ryder's sister. Does that mean that Johanna is part werewolf too?!?
I interrupt, "Rhoan. Get some of Johanna's blood and examine that too."
"What? You don't think she-?"
"I don't know." And that's all I'll say.
But Ryder lives with us. We have small children around! Jordan definitely won't like this, she's worried enough about Sophia as it is. But since Ryder only attacked me, maybe he only wants me? Its okay if he's after me, just as long as the rest of my family isn't brought into this.
But if I did tell them then it would be one against an entire family! Ryder against a family of vampires. As much as I like the odds that I would live, its wrong to fight like that. One on one is how Ryder and I will take care of this.
-Gabriel
4 days until the wedding

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum