Tales of the Lost
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Tales of the Lost

The Secret!

You are not connected. Please login or register

HYPOCRITICAL...

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1HYPOCRITICAL... Empty HYPOCRITICAL... Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:31 pm

Gabriel*and*Alice

Admin

HYPOCRITICAL... (Gabriel's POV)
March 10th, 2013
I hate Johanna's brother, Ryder. As a matter of fact, I'm not even going to say his name again! As sure as Kali is HER, that psycho can be HIM.
He is the worst influence ever, he's like a child unless he's being watched, he's irresponsible, and....he's Johanna's brother. Alive and full of life, living every moment, laughing every laugh. Just like his sister.
Deep down, I've known how alive she is, I experienced it when she first lived here, but she seemed to have changed around us and has just changed back being around HIM. I feel like I'm living with Doctor Jekyll and Mister Hyde, except Johanna isn't being mean or destructive.
I wake up in the morning to see Johanna's soft, sweet face relaxed and happy while she dreams her wonderful dreams. Her hair lies in a braid across her pillow, her hands grip the comforter to her for warmth, and her long eye lashes touch her rosy cheeks....
And then she wakes up.
Her hair becomes a wild mess of curls, her hands become weapons of desire, her cheeks are placed into wild grins and her eyes hold a fire of delight and action. She sleeps in my boxers and my shirts. She wakes up and wears her shorts a tank top, high tops and HIS denim shirt. She used to drive her jeep wrangler that I bought for her, now she does tricks and rides on HIS motorcycle.
My love who sang beautiful melodies now jumps on couches and screeches music of death and rock!
This is all thanks to her brother. Such a man I wish to never see again in my life. But Darla, a perfect image of grace and tranquility is the sibling I much more prefer.
According to Johanna, we are all having dinner together so Jordan, Josh, and Sophia can meet her parents and sister.
I only hope to God that she doesn't sit me anywhere near HIM or anywhere that I have to see his face!
I wander down the hall, dressed for dinner, and see the bathroom light on. Usually I'm not particularly nosy, but the light is on and the door is mostly shut save for a crack. So I walk past then think I should turn out the light. I'm about to open the door to turn out the light when I catch a glimpse from the mirror. I see HIM sitting on the edge of the tub, his right arm sticking out and a string tied above his elbow. I keep watching, wondering what he's doing, and then I see him un-cap a needle.
"What the hell are you doing?!" I scream as I fling open the door.
It doesn't faze him at all.
"Turn around and pretend you didn't see anything," he commands.
I didn't move! No way in hell could I just turn around and pretend I didn't see anything.
"Fine then. Come in and shut the door."
I shut the door and watch him tap the vein in his elbow.
"What do you think your doing?!"
"What does it look like, McCreepy?" He asks sarcastically.
"No. No way are you doing that in my house." But before I could stop him he already stuck the needle into his arm and drained the fluid.
"Its okay. Its Faine's house, not yours."
He tosses the empty needle towards me and I catch it.
I watch that stupid boy un-tie the string and then put a long sleeved shirt on.
He gets up and stands in front of me, "Are you goona move or do I have to go around ya?"
There's sweat on his forehead and he won't look me in the eye.
"You are never going to do that EVER again."
"You don't own me. And you can't tell me what to do. Unlike my sister, I won't listen."
He tries shoving his way past me...and I shove him into the wall.
"Don't you ever talk about Johanna like that EVER again! You will regret it." I yell.
"Is that a threat?" The little punk laughs in my face.
"Its a promise."
I let go of him and wait for him to walk away. After he is gone I needed to take my frustration out on something so I drove my hand through the wall. And then I silently cursed myself because I forgot about Johanna's family still being here.
I listen to what's going on downstairs.
Johanna is worried about Ryder. He doesn't look so good. Ryder ignores Johanna who is trying to get him to lay down or to rest. Ryder tells Johanna he won't be able to stay for dinner since he has to go out.
Susan (Johanna's mom) cries and says 'where did I go wrong?!' as Ryder closes the front door behind him and drives his motorcycle away from the house. Even though she doesn't say anything, she's as silent as the grave, her heart is breaking and its screaming out for care and attention.
I get rid of the needle and then wander down the stairs.
I kiss Johanna's forehead and hold her. I hope she knows that I love her, even though she seems different, and that I shouldn't have to say so.
"Okay. So I need some sheet rock, and the paint that you used for the bathroom."
"What?!" Faine and Johanna both screeched.
"I'll go get it myself. Just keep Richard and Susan out of there." I say and trudge out the door.
I find some paint in the shed in the back yard but I still need sheet rock and all that so I go out to the store and buy it. Then I decide to visit Rodrick. For some reason I missed him a lot.
It was starting to get dark when I approached the steep hill, and the darkness grew when the branches from the trees over head started groaning from the wind. I had ditched the sheet rock a while back, no way was I bringing that stuff to S.D.S! I would've looked way too human!
"It feels good to be back." I say to the darkness.
"We welcome you back." The darkness says back.
I can't see them, but I sense them closing in, flanking my sides.
"Its good to have you back," the darkness whispers and kisses my jaw.
It was Brielle. Only she would greet me that way, and only her mate wouldn't mind her kissing me.
I throw open the front door, there are a few early bird humans there, Reaper smiles at me from behind the bar, his red eyes deep and thirsty. And Rodrick sits casually in his throne at the back of the room.
'Brother, your visits grow fewer and longer apart.' His voice says in my head.
He hasn't moved though, and his ancient red eyes don't blink at my reaction or the movement in the room.
"I'm sorry," I whisper and in less than half a second I am kneeling in front of him.
'Kings don't beg for forgiveness.' He says so only I can hear.
Rodrick always calls me a king, he pretends I am royalty. But I'm not, I don't deserve a title like that after all the suffering I've caused, my human side knows that. But even after being here for only a few minutes I sense my vampire side returning and enjoying the attention.
"You all are invited to a wedding." I say to Rodrick and my vampire friends.
"Cool! Congrats then!" Reaper and Skye cheer.
"Its your funeral," Stormy and Lara joke.
"That's great, friend." Ripper smiles.
Brielle looks like she's trying to cry, she turns and runs out of the building.
I look to Rodrick for his approval.
'I hope you plan on turning her. A mere human isn't worth your time.'
'I want her turned but she doesn't want to live forever.' I say in my head.
"She isn't just any human. She's my human."
"Very well then," I hear the bolts on the door click behind me, "Let's celebrate your engagement to the human called Johanna."
The humans don't get it yet. Not even when we approach them and put our pale arms around their shoulders.
Right before all the screams start, I look and see Reaper sitting on top the stereo, a pointy toothed grin as he turns the stereo all the way past its maximum volume.
And then we feed. I'm excited by the screams and the attempts to get away. So excited that I let my prey go and watch it kick at the windows and doors for freedom. I sit back and laugh, a real laugh as if someone had just told me the funniest joke imaginable. Rodrick then releases his prey and laughs with me as we watch the wasted attempts to reach freedom. The others do the same and soon we are all laughing.
I'm the first to stop and then leap at my food and rip its head off. The blood splatters against the window and I then help myself to his blood.
Rodrick was the only one feeding on his prey normally, everyone else was ripping off body parts or something.
"Join in on the sport, Rodrick."
I notice that his human was eerily still and not putting up any sort of fight as Rodrick fed. The human falls away, I notice I hole in her chest and I see Rodrick holding her heart. He laughs and tosses the heart behind him. Reaper catches it in his mouth and sucks away the extra blood.
'And you thought I only partake in the art of sucking blood! I'm in it for the sport, young one.'
I drain a few more humans then excuse myself.
"I have to go help with dinner now." I smile.
My friends bid me farewell and yell at me for being such a housewife.
Outside I start running back to the house.
I hear a whistle coming from the tree tops. I look up and Brielle is sitting there swinging my sheet rock and other supplies.
"Forget something?" She drops to the ground and tosses the stuff at me.
"Thanks-"
" I wasn't talking about those things. I was talking about my 'goodbye'."
Her eyes no longer looked like she could cry.
"Its not goodbye. I'm still going to work at-"
She stands right in front of me and touches my chest where my scar is. I have to look down to see her and she has to look up to see me.
In a whisper, she says, "You didn't give me a chance to fight for you."
I want to be gentle with her but I'm not sure how.
I think it sounded mean, but I ended up saying, "There never was a chance. Johanna is the one for me."
Brielle looks close to tears again. I lean down and press a quick kiss against her stone lips.
And then I'm gone. Running through the forest and over the hills.
"Where were you?" Faine asks as I walk through the door.
Her eyes go wide at all the blood covering me.
"I was visiting Rodrick. He's excited for our wedding, Johanna."
I give her a kiss on the cheek and put my arms around her.
What I didn't expect was for her to turn around and shove me away with such force. I was caught off guard.
"YOU'RE JUST SO HAPPY ARENT YOU?!" Johanna screams at me.
"What?" She's scaring me!
"YOU KNOW THAT MY BROTHER ISNT PERFECT AND THAT MAKES YOU SO DAMN HAPPY!"
"Johanna, no." Well, it kinda does.
"I HATE YOU! YOU WERE JEALOUS OF HIM AND NOW YOU'RE GLAD THAT HE DOES DRUGS AND HES NOT PERFECT!!"
Not completely true, "Who says I'm glad that your brother is a drug addict?!"
"Don't call him that!!" She snaps.
"Fine. I'm glad he's not perfect! But its not my fault!"
"LEAVE. I HATE YOU!"
"Johanna, we're having dinner with your parents-" Faine tries to explain.
"Fine." She says looking at me, "But YOU are not sitting where I can see you. I have to go change since you got blood all over my clothes! You're such a jerk!"
She starts walking up the stairs then decides to yell at me again.
"YOUR SUCH A HYPOCRITE! You talk about me changing and being unrecognizable!" She gets eerily calm, "Well take a look in the mirror. Your one person for Rodrick and another for us. You want to know who your marrying? Well, I wanna know who I'm marrying." She stomps up the stairs and slams her door shut.
I look at Faine who looks away and then I stomp up the stairs and into the bathroom to fix the wall.

So the wall is almost fixed, just have to give it another coat of paint.
But I had to change my clothes and dinner was ready. I dash to my room and quickly make myself presentable. Brush my hair, put on new clothes, hide the old ones. But then I figure I should just take a shower to make sure all the blood is off. The water starts running and all the blood runs down the drain, leaving a pink tinge to the shower floor.
I shampoo my hair and even some blood comes out of that!
Yeah so I get out of the shower and put my jeans back on but when I wipe the steam from the mirror, I wish I hadn't even taken a shower. My hair is tinted blue! Blue for gods sake!
How the hell did this happen?!?
I jog down the stairs and look at everyone sitting at the table.
"Alright. Who did this?" I ask pointing at my hair.
The entire table erupts into laughter.
"I'm serious, guys." Even Johanna is smiling and laughing. She looks generally pleased.
"Is this payback or something?!" I ask her.
No one can answer me. They are all to busy holding their sides laughing. Even Richard and Susan are laughing at the absurd color of my hair.
I stand there impatiently waiting for them to stop. And eventually they do.
"Oh, Gabriel," Johanna says, still giggling, but her voice is soft and warm, "Just come sit down and eat."
Alec tosses a clean shirt at me and I shrug into it and take the seat next to Richard.
We have a nice dinner and for a while everything seems fine and we forget about what might be coming for us soon. But dinner ends, the guys fight to have the girls do dishes, the girls fight for the guys to do the dishes. The guys end up winning. But I sneak to the upstairs bathroom to put another coat of paint on the wall. That gets finished quickly and the wall looks exactly as it did before I punched a hole through it. I close the paint can and take it back out to the shed.
I can't believe that someone put blue hair dye in my shampoo! That's so stupid...I hope it comes out before the wedding.
The sudden urge to just run for no reason hits me. And I decide to follow that urge. The wind slides over my face and through my hair as I race against the moon.
I had reached a place that felt sacred. There wasn't any special reason. It was just a hill over looking a field and not far away was a lake or something.
The silence is broken by an ear shattering howl off towards the lake.
I follow the sound, running as fast as my vampire feet will take me, and stop just inside the boundary of trees. Across the lake, on the rocky shore, is a werewolf.

A werewolf.

Well it couldn't be anything else! It was huge! Huge as in :a monstrous size! Its mouth was huge, with big pointed teeth and green slime oozing out of its mouth! It was a weird skinny looking thing with black hair sticking in every direction and places around its neck and side matted with blood.
It gripped something in its mouth and threw it out towards the lake. It turns out the creature was battling another werewolf. A smaller one, that really didn't stand a chance. I stood in awe and watched the two creatures fighting. Biting into each others necks and tearing at whatever skin they could grasp. I watched in amazement as the bigger wolf killed the smaller one. After making sure it was dead, it stood up on its two back legs and howled. It kept walking around on two legs, just like a person. And that actually made it seem uglier and creepier since it was really skinny and...it wasn't anything like the wolves the Cullens know. It wasn't even like anything the Grimm brothers could describe.
I back up like I'm going to leave and I accidentally snap a branch. I silently curse myself and slowly look up to see if the creature heard me.
Only...when I looked up...it was gone. I wait silently for a minute, listening for it. Off to my right trees shake and a deep growl sends birds flying away, and other animals running for their lives.
I turn and run for my own and by the time I'm standing on the first hill I realize that it didn't follow me. The creature instead scared me off but stayed where it was. Well, I take no chances. I kept running back for home. Once I was inside, I closed and locked the door then shut all the drapes on the windows.
"Where are they?" I ask.
The guys and kids are lounging on the couch and the girls and Rhoan are in the kitchen.
"The humans?" Valentina mouthes.
I nod.
"Richard, Susan, and Johanna went to bed. Why?" Faine says maturely.
I signal the guys to get up and come listen.
Once everyone was close by and in suspense, I told them, "Ireland is infested with werewolves."
-Gabriel
8 days until the wedding!

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum