Tales of the Lost
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Tales of the Lost

The Secret!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bloodlust

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1         Bloodlust Empty Bloodlust Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:01 pm

Admin

Admin
Admin

“You gotta be kidding me right! What the hell, I can’t go to their house now I need blood!” I said to Lottie.

“But darling, Valentina said they’re not exactly human and we have to represent the family for her.”

“Yeah Lottie, but if they are human it’s gonna make it very hard for me not to kill them on the spot and then what?” I half roared at her in concern.

“Ssssussh now Bastien, its practice dearheart and we’ll go Dugo hunting straight after I promise.” She said hugging me tightly.

“But what if I fail, what if you all can’t stop me. We’ll have to leave here forever.”

“We can do that, it would be nice to hunt humans whenever it suited us and not to follow the rules” she said using her fingers like inverted commas” she had a glint in her eyes too.

“I feel like I’ve lost total control Lottie” I said feeling in my head like it’s all I can think about just to drain a human. I can actually taste the hot viscous blood dripping in the back of my throat. I don’t care anymore that it’ll make me an outcast in the family. I just gotta have blood. Maybe we can go hunt some humans before we go if we actually do go.”

“Bastien honey, we have to go to the party. We’ll catch a veggie meal on the way but it’ll have to do till later. I promise I’ll take you to the first bloody Mary straight after, Bastien please do this for Me.” she begged me. I looked into her eyes, I was losing myself there, I can never refuse her anything, and I love her too much.

“Ok” I said with a big sigh. Vera came over and said

“Daddy, it’ll be tough for all of us, but I’m gonna be there too and I’ll mind you.” I ruffled her hair and picked her up, placed a kiss on her nose and forced myself to smile at her.

“Ok baby, thanks.” I whispered into her ear which caused her to pull her shoulders up to her ears. She peeled out some giggles and said

“That tickles daddy.”

“Oh really,” I said filling with giggles myself and I whispered more nonsense in her ears, making her shriek with giggles.

“I love you baby” I said hugging her close, “thanks I needed that.” The thirst was still there, burning my throat, but my sole mental aim had shifted slightly and I felt that maybe I could get through this. I felt cosy then, protected with my girls beside me. I know that Lottie had her barrier up around us. But I wondered if it would be enough. God I hope they aren’t human or it’ll be over before it even starts. The damn dinner and their lives, that is.

“C’mon hun, we gotta go!” Lottie said to me as she kissed me lightly.

“We gotta change first mommy” piped up Vera. She was very excited to be wearing a new dress. I took a deep breath and said okay and dashed upstairs to get dressed. Lottie had laid out a suit for me to wear. I looked at her and smirked.

“Really! A suit! For me! What! Are we going to the opera or something?” She gave me a look that made me go weak at the knees…dammit now I wanted her and not to have to go to the dam party….Vera bedtime! I thought giggling. I started to walk towards her but she put her hands up and pointed to the suit again. And then mouthed “later” with a smirk and in a flash had locked herself into the bathroom.

“Sigh!” I got dressed and admitted to myself in the mirror that I looked pretty damned good. But when Lottie emerged she blew me away……..now I really didn’t want to go anywhere except take her to bed. Dam parties I thought and smiled at her. Vera came running in just then disrupting my thoughts.

“Daddy, daddy, look at me” she said twirling around so that her dress blew out. She looked delicious. WOAH I had to stop this train of thought NOW!

“You’re gorgeous princess, more beautiful than any other little girl in the whole wide world.” And I picked her up and let her natural perfume fill my senses. That brought me back to reality. I looked up at Lottie and she had a little worried frown on her face.

“Sorry,“ she said looking down at her feet. “I shouldn’t make you do this, it’s not fair.” I went to her and caught her chin gently in my hand and pulled it up until her lips were in front of mine and I kissed them gently.

“Lottie darlin’ I’ll do anything for you, and I know you’ll help me.” I took her hand and picked up Vera into the crook of my other arm and we set off for the party. Everyone was there including Demitri and Chelsea who don’t look too happy about it. Everyone looked dolled up to the nines and you’d swear we were sophisticated posh nobs and not a jeans and t-shirt gang. Most of us anyway that is. Demitri and Chelsea arrived a few minutes later and Valentina seemed greatly relieved…glad I wasn’t the only one who had a problem with this party.

Then the knock on the door that I was dreading arrived. The smell......OH GOD- THEY ARE HUMAN….I could taste it, smell it – WANT IT NOW! Suddenly there was a white cloud around me and I couldn’t move it was like as if I was frozen!!!! WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!! Where’s the human gone? What did I want now again? I wondered as all thoughts suddenly left my head? Mmmmmmmmmmmmm pretty clouds, so shiny and sparkly…………Oooooo rainbow…………..i felt something catch my hand and squeeze and I jumped in fright but it brought me back to reality a little. The clouds changed to haze and then I saw my family sitting around the table and 2 humans too…………………BLOOD BAGS…………..PULSING JUST OUTTA MY REACH…………Valentina was at my elbow saying something to me about leaving the whole bottle of wine beside me. I looked up at her wondering, how was I suddenly sitting here with the family and the bloooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood bags…………..mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm need blood……………………………………………………! Then I smelled the blood was near me and saw that Lottie who was sitting beside me, holding my hand, was drinking a glass of…………..blood? Oh that’s what Val meant. I picked up the bottle and drained it quickly………ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh blood………………..but need more…………..the veins pulsing from across the table were like magnets to me drawing me across the table. I began to blink in time to the pulse. Alec and Faine were watching me and then I knew that it was Alec and Faine who had used Alec’s gift to stop me from moving. I glared at them both. Faine muttered

“Sorry hun, we have to do it!” I nodded then realising it was the only way that humans can sit comfortably here amongst us bloodthirsty vamps. Rhoan placed a bowl in front of me and I realised that it was blood in the guise of tomato soup. I was aware of several shocked gasps around the room because Valentina was apparently eating. What…..don’t tell me she’s really drinking that stuff? EW! Revolting!

Gawd, I just got a whiff of the humans. God help me, I have to have her. I started getting up and what happened next was a blur. The male starting glowing indigo. What the hell is he? An alien? Never mind, I had to have her. There was panic and chaos around me, the second the male collapsed I saw my chance and grabbed her and took off running. I’m sorry Lottie I thought, I gotta go, and I thought I heard her screeching “Nooooooooooooooo” after me. She came after me so I ran faster. I had to drink, the monster in me had raised his ugly head and the venom pooling in my throat burned….i had to have her. I just couldn’t let anyone stop me. I had the human in a choke hold. I heard a voice in my head ordering me to stop. But I couldn’t, the venom was dripping down my jaw now in anticipation. I heard the voice again and felt as If I had run into a wall suddenly. I stopped so fast the human got flung away from me. She landed on her feet and stood glaring at me. Her hands out in front to protect herself.

“You will not harm me or my brother ever” she commanded in my head. I laughed at her and was beside her instantly.

“Those Jedi mind tricks don’t work on vampires’ honey.” I said to her. I was about to sink my teeth into her neck when Lottie jumped on my back and stuck her hand onto the human’s neck right in front of my teeth so I actually bit her hand instead.

“Bastien! Stop!” she ordered me. “You can’t have this human, it will kill you.” She hollered in my ear. I released her hand from my teeth. Looking up uncertainly from her to the human.

“Bastien, it’s me Lottie” she said again shaking me.

“I read her mind Bastien, if you bite her, you’ll die.” She said pushing me away from the human. I looked blankly at her, unable to speak; the burning in my throat was threatening to take over me again. Then I felt a strange calmness come over me and I dropped to the ground on my knees gasping for air that I didn’t need.

“Thank you and I’m sorry Pippa” I heard Lottie speaking as if she was far away from me and not beside me. I shook my head to get rid of the feeling and as my hearing improved so did my feelings. I stood up and put my hand out to shake hands as a way of apologising to her. She solemnly shook it. Her brother and the others all came running up. Vera came running over to me and said

“Daddy, I’m here, minding you” and she put her little hands around my knee. I picked her up still stunned as to what had just happened. My mind was reeling and I couldn’t quite get it together to speak. Pippa ran to her brother who glared at me. I put my hands up palms facing him and looked back at him sheepishly and said “SORRY.” He wrapped his sister in his arms and she told him to relax that all was well. The others stood around with various looks of shock or shame on their faces.

“What say we take this back home? I think we really need a family meeting.” Alec said. “That’s if Rick and Pippa are willing and Bastien is able.”

“Rick and I are able and willing” Pippa said and they all looked at me. I nodded, still unable to speak and surprisingly calm and not bloodthirsty at all. So we turned and headed back to the main house.

https://talesofthelost.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum