Tales of the Lost
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Tales of the Lost

The Secret!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Vera gets poisoned

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Vera gets poisoned Empty Vera gets poisoned Sat May 21, 2011 10:29 pm

Admin

Admin
Admin

I thought it was rather sensible too and would protect our family and its secret a lot better. It was rather ingenious really and Alec agreed with me. Demitri and Max want to create a local blood bank. Chelsea freaked out but then she’s a drama queen. Jordan was against it but then she has Sophia to look out for so I can understand that. But it would solve Lottie and Bastien’s and even Vera’s blood lust. Other than the outburst from Demitri’s sister that Demitri wanted to drink blood the beach party was great fun. We went home after playing a brilliant game of ball on the beach and laughed a lot with the family. A few days later I was sitting in the sea room and had my eyes closed listening to the ocean and the swish of the brush strokes of Alec painting in the next room.

I sat up as my phone beeped in my pocket and a feeling of dread ran through me. I looked at my phone and it was Lottie. I was out the door before I even answered the phone.

“Faine,” she shrieked. “It’s Vera, she’s………………….”

“I’m on my way Lottie!” I arrived and saw that Vera was a strange purplish colour, her breathing was laboured, there was a sheen of sweat on her forehead and she had little red spots just coming out on her cheeks. I looked up to see Lottie pacing and pulling her hair and muttering to herself. I picked Vera up off the floor where she had started convulsing and the raging heat coming off her was like picking up the sun. Vera started to moan and her little body was thrashing around and Lottie was screaming uncontrollably. I pulled open Vera’s eyelids and her eyes were rolling in her head.

“Lottie, stop screaming you’re not helping the situation.” No response so I slapped her across the face. She stopped then, growled at me and then refocused.

“Go call Alec and Carlisle. NOW!”

“I tried Carlisle and can’t reach him.” She screamed at me, her worry causing her to be angry.

I checked Vera’s pulse and listened to her little heart beat getting fainter and fainter barely thumping in her chest. My mind raced quickly through my first aid herbs and I asked Lottie if she’s eaten anything to make her sick. Lottie shook her head and shrugged her shoulders.

“One minute she was standing laughing and talking about some flowers she found in the woods, the next thing she was on the ground screeching and convulsing!”

“Ok, she’s been poisoned!!” I said knowing the symptoms.

“Do you know what flowers she was talking about?”

“It’s the little red ones that grow on the tree, they look like……”

“Mushrooms….” I finished for her. She looked at me wide eyed in shock and nodded.

“Ok, Lottie you have to go to Alec and ask him to get my first aid bag and some fresh comfrey and datura leaves. Tell him to get the small fresh pointed leaves its essential to save her life. Go now! Hurry Lottie!” I shoved her out the door.

She stood briefly and looked at Vera and then me and then turned on her heel and vanished. She was back with Alec in 2 minutes.

“I need to make her vomit!” I said. “Go boil the kettle quickly Alec.”

Lottie I need you to crush that comfrey, make it really small and then wash your hands and crush the datura in another bowl as finely as you can please and quickly!”

“is she d…..dy…” Lottie cried.

“No, not yet but we have to hurry!” Alec came rushing in with a pot of boiling water and I added the comfrey to it and made it into a paste and put some on my finger and put it into her mouth and held her nose till she swallowed it. She made a gagging sound and sat up suddenly and projectile vomit came shooting out of her. I saw bits of the mushroom coming out too and told Lottie to gather the bits up and make it into the shape of the mushroom. She looked at me strangely and I told her I had to make sure all the mushroom came out. After checking, I shook my head and I said.

“A big piece is still inside her.” Bastien arrived home then and began to panic.

“You’re not helping Bastien” Lottie said to him. “Faine how can we get it out of her?”

“Blood, she needs blood, Alec, Bastien, human blood as fast as possible please.” I said looking at them. Vera’s skin still held that mottled colour like she was dying.

“The largest piece of the mushroom has made its way into her system, we have to get it out or it will kill her.” I said.

“How? Faine I’m so scared! I can’t lose another child!” she started to panic again so I let her at it. I had a bowl of warm water and a cloth that I had soaked along with the datura and was washing her little face and neck with it. Lottie was screaming when I suddenly saw her wilt and collapse onto the floor and I knew Alec was back.

The guys arrived back at that moment and there was a bottle with a teat on it for her so I took Vera into my arms, she had clamped her teeth down and wouldn’t open up for the teat, so i waved the bottle of blood under her nose and she automatically opened her teeth for it. She’d drunk it down without stopping to breathe. Then she sat up and cried out and vomited again and this time a huge chunk of mushroom shot out of her little mouth. How she managed to swallow such a big bite of it was beyond me. it fit perfectly into the little jigsaw mushroom we had so I knew it was all out. and then she collapsed again unconsciously. I told Alec to put the datura into the water, just the little bit I’d given him in his palm and to mix it with a little blood left over from the bottle.

“What’s that gonna do Faine?” Bastien asked.

“It’ll settle her tummy now that all the poison is out and it’ll help her to sleep naturally. The blood will help her to heal inside too.” Bastien held out her arms for his daughter and I placed her in them. Then I handed him the bottle and Vera wrapped her lips around it and guzzled slowly. Her colour had now become normal again and her breathing had returned to normal.

“She’ll be fine now Bastien, all the mushroom is out. “What I want to know is why she put it in her mouth?”

“Well unless its from watching her favourite movie, Alice in Wonderland, Alice eats a mushroom to grow bigger. Other than that I couldn’t tell you why, it’s not like her to do something like that. And Sophia is in school, so they couldn’t be up to any mischief together.” Is Lottie gonna be okay? Can I go to her now?” Bastien said.

“Sure, Lottie was just a typical mom, panicked that’s all, but her screaming wasn’t helping Vera, that’s why Alec deadened her senses so to help me to help Vera.” Bastien went then to Lottie and held her hand and I nodded to Alec who released her senses and she woke up screaming for Vera and saw Bastien and collapsed into his warm embrace.

“Vera is fine Lottie, Faine healed her, she got all the poison out.”

“Faine! I need to speak to Faine!” I heard her say as she came rushing out to me and wrapped her arms around my shoulders and neck and muttering thanks into my ear.

“Lottie dear, sit down and listen to me hun” I said kindly. She did so.

“Vera ate a mushroom that was poisonous. I’ve given her some datura which will bring down her fever, heal her insides and if you’ll listen to her chest you will hear that she’s breathing more normally now. Her complexion is back to normal too. She will need some blood when she wakes up too.” I looked at Bastien and he kissed Lottie’s forehead and said

“I’m on it! We have some…. Eh….. spare blood out back!” And smirked. I stared at him and asked if he had brought a live human here? He shook his head and was gone in a flash and back again with a big barrel in his arms with a lot of blood sloshing around in it. “just in case” he said with a smirk.

I filled bottles until the barrel was empty and stuck them in the fridge. Lottie was rubbing Vera’s forehead and she had her curled up in her arms and Bastien was standing nearby watching in fondness. I handed Lottie a bottle and she waved it in front of Vera’s nose and the little rosebud mouth opened for it, greedily drinking the contents. Alec came over to me and said in my ear that he was so proud of me and looked down at me with pride shining out of him. I kissed him and nuzzled into his chest as his arms wrapped around me enclosing me into safety. Now that the crisis was over I began to feel my knees knocking together.

A little yawn distracted us all as vera stretched in Lottie’s arms and her little eyes opened up.

“What’s going on mommy?” she asked and stared around at us curiously.

“You nearly di…….ed Vera honey” Lottie whispered as if she was unable to say it out loud. “why did you eat the mushroom?” Vera‘s eyes grew round and a fearful expression briefly crossed her face. She clamped her lips shut and looked up at Lottie and me as if she was afraid to say anything then she said

“Cause Tunie told me to do it.!” Alec gasped and stared at me.

https://talesofthelost.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum