Tales of the Lost
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Tales of the Lost

The Secret!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Working on the present

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Working on the present Empty Working on the present Sat May 21, 2011 9:58 pm

Admin

Admin
Admin

[color=white][color=black]What a hullabaloo, Valentina nearly exposed our secret to the humans. Poor thing she’s so upset about it. Afton of course flew off the handle. He according to Alec has a very dangerous flip switch which when triggered is dangerous for anyone in his vicinity but he has fought it for decades to keep control of it. Valentina is so upset, if she could cry; she’d drown us with her tears. She came over to our house and was waiting for us to lecture her, but Alec surprised us both by saying he wasn’t cross and she’d made a mistake, but she was an adult too, therefore no need of a lecture like you would a small child. She sat there looking stunned. I asked her to come and hunt with me because I felt she needed to talk about something before she burst. We weren’t gone long before the feelings and words just burst out of her and started pouring out. She missed her parents. They had left her and died. She was very upset about this fact and felt like she’d missed out big time. An idea popped into my head as she spoke so I asked her to describe her parents to me. At first she felt she couldn’t find any memories of them while they were happy, all were when they were sick. So I let her think about it and she eventually pulled one out that had been tucked away for a rainy day. The smile that graced her face when she’d found her happy thought was an image I knew I’d never forget. I did not tell her my idea but I knew Alec would be able to help me. ha, bet you’re wondering what I’m thinking about , but you’ll have to wait and see diary, I shan’t even tell you and I’ve it blocked from Jordan too.

Ok I can tell you now what my plan is as Alec is hard at work at it as we speak. When Valentina started talking about her parents I decided to ask Alec to paint a portrait of her parents with herself in it as she is now but to paint her as if she was human. He is happily nearly finished It so we can present it to her. I can’t wait to give it to her.

Let’s see what else has been happening. Alec and I have been keeping ourselves tucked up into our own little cocoon in our little home. Alec drinks animal blood now like a pro. I’m very proud of him. Lottie and Bastien and Vera have settled into their fabulous new home. We had great fun decorating their ‘playhouse’. I love their bouncy room in particular. Each room is so beautiful. Alec has turned our living room into an under the sea room. It really looks like sunlight is dancing off the ripples on the tops of the walls and ceiling. He really is a gifted artist. There are a lot of wonderful sea creatures on the walls and we decided to move the furniture to other rooms and replaced it with giant bean bags in all kinds of colours of greys, brows and blues. They look like rocks on the sea bed, which is painted wood to look like the sea bed with sparkles as sun hits the sand, little shellfish peeping out behind little stones and coral and sea shells scattered here and there around the floor. It’s all painted but looks like you could reach out and touch it. There is various sea creatures painted on the walls, not everywhere, but typically like under the sea. There is a cd player disguised as sea sponge and it plays gently the sound of the ocean and waves crashing with the distant sounds of the humpback and orca whales. It’s the most relaxing haven other than being under water itself to be. The painting on the ceiling is of a huge humpback whale. My favourite mammal on the planet. It looks like it’s about to descend under the water. Totally cool. I never wanted to leave this room ever again.

We had a lot of drama last week when Lottie and Bastien brought home an unconscious Vera home flanked by a concerned Carlisle and Edward. I read Edwards thoughts and realised that Vera had killed a human, but it was in self-defence. Oh my, that shocked me to the core. Poor little scrap. I used Jasper and Alec’s gifts to weave her into a peaceful sleep, even if she was unconscious and she slept for 3 days. Carlisle had set up a blood IV for her. I’m not surprised considering that Bastien and Lottie go off hunting humans often, of course Vera can smell it on them and as she’s only half human, she’s probably like Nessie and needs to drink blood more that eat food. Still I’d find that a bit hard looking at my daughter attacking a human or an animal in case she’d get hurt. Poor Lottie I must go and chat with her when I get a chance. It’s strange since we all moved out into our respective homes with only a giant meadow between us it seems as if whole weeks go by without seeing anyone else. I’m not complaining the peaceful life is ours finally. It’s the first time since I met Alec that I’ve had him completely to myself.

“Quick Alec, hide, Valentina is on her way here. She was humming happily to herself and Alec dashed around cleaning up the evidence of his project and I cleaned off the paint on the side of his cheek that he hadn’t noticed. I looked up into his beautiful smiling face. He whisked me into the sea room and was pretending we were rocking with the sea which made me dissolve into a fit of giggles.

“Hello, am I disturbing ye, can I come in? Is it safe?” Valentina giggled.

“Sure, we’re decent, come on in!” said Alec and I playfully slapped him on the shoulder. He caught my hand and kissed it palm side up and bit my thumb. I glanced mischievously at him and said

“So it’s gonna be like that is it” to him. He smirked and nodded back at me. I swayed as I passed him to go and greet Valentina in a hug. He grunted as I passed by.

“How are ye both?” Valentina asked.

“Ya we’re great, settling into living our lives peacefully dontcha know” I giggled and lifted my eyebrows suggestively at her. She covered her open shocked mouth with her hand and then the penny dropped that I was referring to Alec and not her and she smirked at us and said

“Oh is that right grandpa!” to Alec. “Well, I’ve news for ye, ye’re gonna have to take off the cardigan and slippers and come down to my beach party down past the Annagh graveyard. You know the little road down past it that leads to the beach and it’s such a warm sunny evening that it’ll be fun and all the others are coming too including the kids.” I looked at Alec and he nodded and then said

“We’d loved to come, we haven’t seen the family in weeks it seems, can you imagine that. We’re living like humans!” we all burst out laughing.

“Hey I really like your new dress Valentina, is that new?”

“Ya, I bought it when we went on that shopping trip to Cork with all the girls in that quirky little shop called “The Mad Hatter!”

“Oh ya, I remember thinking you’d love the clothes there!” I said.

“Hey I got a postcard from Katy and Felix. They’re enjoying their second honeymoon. They’ve booked onto some island getaway in Brazil. The weather apparently is divine. It’s the rainy season now.” Valentina said.

“Ah, that’s gas!”” Alec said and it cracked me up laughing to hear Alec talking with his Italian accent using my words and phrases. He’s even starting to pick up a Kerry accent, God help him. Ha, ha, ha. You should hear him. Valentina turned to go when Alec caught her arm and said

“Do you think you look more your mother or your father?” It caught her by surprise and she startled a bit, then she stilled and kinda went into herself and finally said

“My mom I guess, why do you ask?” She looked at me and I pretended to shrug my shoulders and look puzzled and she gazed back at Alec again. He cleverly replied

“I was wondering about my own family lately and about Jane” he winced as he said her name. I put out my hand to him and he caught it squeezing it tightly letting me know he was fine. “Well I was trying to remember who I looked like and I asked Faine and she said that she looked like her mom, she doesn’t remember her dad as he ran off when she was young. I’ve been trying to research it, out of curiosity and it just popped into my mind. Sorry I didn’t mean to upset you or anything.” He squeezed my hand again so I nodded in agreement.

“Ah…..ok….” Valentina replied then said “erm, I’ll call you when we are ready to go down to the beach ok!” I nodded in agreement.

“Erm Alec, josh has a ball, Jordan picked one up for him and joked that he we could play ‘beach ball’ with it. Ha, ha, ha” she said. We laughed with her.

“Josh loves sports doesn’t he Faine!” Alec said to me and looked at me suggestively. I smirked and licked my lips.

[font=Calibri]“Okay, okay, I’m going, Ew…….get a room you two!” Valentina laughed and ran out the door. We decided to go hunt then as we were getting a bit thirsty. But were back before Valentina called for us to go to the beach where we heard something very interesting, if a little shocking at first.

https://talesofthelost.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum