Tales of the Lost
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Tales of the Lost

The Secret!

You are not connected. Please login or register

HAPPY NEW YEAR...

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1HAPPY NEW YEAR... Empty HAPPY NEW YEAR... Tue May 10, 2011 12:46 am

Gabriel*and*Alice

Admin

HAPPY NEW YEAR...
January 1st, 2013
"5...4...3...2" the entire crowd shouted.
I was shouting with them.
"HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!" The entire bar screamed.
People whistled and corks popped as champagne was being poured.
"Happy New Year, hun." Johanna says kissing me.
I kiss her back and when she is about to pull away I place my hand on the small of her back to keep her close.
"Awwww how sweet!" Alison says happily.
"More like get a room!" Louis jokes.
I laugh and give Alison a quick kiss on the cheek.
"I think they are sweet. Louis, you wouldn't know sweet if it bit you in the behind." We all laughed.
"I gotta get back to work," Johanna says.
I pouted as she left but she turned around and blew me a kiss.
"What a shame she has to work tonight." Louis adds.
"Yeah it really is," I tell them, "But she likes her work a lot more now that she's bar tending."
Wow, its been a while since I've written. Its been 18 months actually. And so much has happened since then. Johanna is in her 4th year of college and just turned 21 a week ago (I got her an orange jeep wrangler). We had a big party for her, two actually. One with the others at the house and one with our human friends. And me? I'm working too. One guess where. The Seven Deadly Sins. I acquired Rodrick's cell phone number (it was a shock to me as well that he has one) and asked if Reaper wanted some time off tending the bar. And that's how I got my job bar tending. Arion wasn't happy having me back (big surprise!) but Brielle soon put him in his place. Ah, Brielle. She found herself a mate! An Australian boy named Jack but we all call him Ripper. As in Jack the Ripper! Ha!
Rodrick welcomed me back with open arms, just like a loving brother. And I must say I did miss them all, it feels good to see them again. We get along better seeing as I only work a couple nights a week which is good for me when Johanna is working late or is busy with school.
Alison and Louis are our newest friends. Probably our best friends seeing as we usually see them every night! They are humans, yes. Louis is visiting from France, he was just supposed to pass through but really enjoyed our town. Alison is from Virginia and she is going to the same school as Johanna and that's how they met.
Oh speaking of friends, we have yet to hear from Rhoan. I think I gave up about 10 months ago. He never answered my calls or texts, I'm not sure if he ever contacted Jordan either. For all I know he could be lying dead in a ditch right now, but I hope he isn't. I try not to think about him that much because it will usually get me in a mood.
Johanna and I took a couple weekend trips to see her parents, Richard and Susan. They are doing so well and adjusted so perfectly back to their house. Susan said it was weird not having Johanna with them but they were happy she was with me. That just made me even more determined to keep her safe.
My own family....I see them every day but it doesn't feel like it. Its a good thing we don't get older otherwise I probably wouldn't have recognized them even though its only been a year and a half. Valentina forgave me for Rhoan leaving about 2 months after he had left. She acted like such a spoiled brat about it, did she honestly think I wanted him to go? Usually when someone says 'you can deal with it or leave' the person usually deals with it instead of running off. Vera has gotten so big! She looks like a 4 year old now, at least if not bigger! And Sophia will be 2 years old in May but she looks older than that. My little niece looks like Vera but smaller, she's getting so big.
I see Jordan and Josh quite often since I love visiting Sophia. And sometimes I get to visit with everyone else at night when I'm not with Johanna.
Mmmmm I think that's pretty much all I have to say. That's all that has happened. We haven't been on any huge, adventurous quests and nobody has tried to kill us. Things are really quite. I have my Johanna to protect so I'm glad that nothing has tried to attack us, but I do want a fight. Yes I still drink human blood. Its my way of life, I will drink animal blood though, I've come to accept that dirty way of living.
I got pulled back to the present by the sound of laughter and music. Alison and Louis were dancing so I decided to join them. We were fist pumping, head banging and thrashing to the beat and then I felt familiar arms wind themselves around my waist. I turned to face Johanna and wrap her in my arms.
"I got off work early." She smiles.
"That's wonderful! Have you got any ideas up your sleeve?"
Johanna took one look at Alison, "Clubbing!" They both shrieked. Johanna grabbed her coat and purse and we piled into Alison's car. By the time we were done at our 4th club it was almost sunrise. We decided we would spend the morning at Alison's apartment, all of us. As we got out of the car we noticed it was snowing. We loved it, the girls started dancing around in it.
"Its beginning to snow." I say as Johanna leaps into my arms.
"Kiss me," she whispers.
I do. Its warm and slow and wonderful.
And then we are all in Alison's apartment. Alison and Johanna collapse on her couch. Louis was on the floor, and I fell asleep in a big chair.
When I woke up it was 9 o'clock, I started the coffee and tried waking Johanna. She had a class today. But it didn't work so I decided she could just miss her class, it wouldn't kill her. I turned off the coffee and left. I thought a quick stop at the house would be nice then I could go see Rodrick and help...take care of...the humans still there.
I stopped in the main house and wished everyone a happy new year then I went up to Jordan's house and wished her a happy new year as well. She asked where I was off to in such a hurry and I simply replied, "Rodrick's."
She nodded and let me leave.
Yeah, I think it would be cool if they liked hanging out at The Seven Deadly Sins. But I know they wouldn't, its not their style. Plus I kind of like being able to be dark and evil and then not being judged by them.
"I knew you were coming." Ripper says as I walk through the front door.
Ripper was a tall man with blonde hair and brown eyes, they were kind brown eyes that often brought his prey some ease before he killed them.
I followed him towards the back where the rest of my friends were waiting.
"We sent you for drinks and you bring back a visitor." Brielle smiles, "Welcome back, Gabriel." She says pulling me into a hug.
"Yes, welcome." Rodrick says in his voice. To everyone else it just sounds like his king voice, but to me its a brotherly voice.
"Just in time to eat!" Lara chirps.
That made me think of something, "Where is Arion? Could he really not stand me that much?"
Lara cleared her throat.
"Arion is no longer with us, young one." Rodrick says with his head bowed a centimeter more. His eyes deceived his appearance though, they told me that I was chosen over Arion.
"Let's eat then." Says Reaper. I turn around and am face to face with a lovely group of humans.
"Let's," I agree.
The shrieks and feeble attempts take over my mind.

Night was just falling by the time I left. I had gotten a text from Johanna saying that she wouldn't be home until late. That was fine, I'd just go home and hang out with everyone else. Except, when I got home I could smell that no one was home. I guess they all went out hunting together. How stupid I was to not have noticed the scent then.
I took my time getting to the door and getting it open. And when I did, the fire was lit and there was a man sitting in front of it. The man had Josh's height so I thought it was him.
"Hey, Josh."
"Try again, little vampire." Said a familiar voice.
Then the familiar smell of coffee hit me, just as he turned around.
"Rhoan?" I asked excitedly.
I rushed up to him and pulled him into a hug.
He winced a little.
"Oh sorry. Did I hug you too hard?"
"No, no. I got in a bit of a fight with an evil dwarf." He tells me.
"What? Show me." I command.
He pulls off his sweatshirt and sure as hell there was a bloody gash on his arm.
"Come on, I'll fix it." I said pulling him towards the bathroom.
We had some peroxide and stuff like that so I cleaned up his arm and then put a huge bandage over it.
We were talking the entire time. I asked what he had been doing and he simply replied that he would tell me all his stories in good time.
"So that means your staying?" I asked.
"I would like to. It feels like home here."
"Your more than welcome to stay. I want you too."
"Then I will." He says.
"You know, Ro, I never got the chance to apologize for that fight. I'm sorry." I said to him. I was so happy that my best friend was back! And I would do anything to keep him here.
"Its alright, Gabriel. I just wasn't used to the changes in you."
"So I guess they've gotten a lot worse?" Even I knew how much I had changed. I spent most of my time around humans! And I even got a job!
"It has. But as long as your still you it doesn't matter."
Johanna came home then and I introduced her and Rhoan. Rhoan smiled politely and made conversation with her. When she went to bed though, Rhoan and I kept talking.
"Rhoan, I need your help with something."
I described my idea to him and asked what he thought.
"That is a wonderful idea, Gabriel. I think it would be marvelous. And I am more than happy to help in any way possible." He said warmly.
I thanked him and was about to let him get some sleep when there was a high pitched scream and a blur passed by me.
Valentina.
She threw her arms around Rhoan giving him a big hug.
He laughed a bit and shortly behind Valentina were the others welcoming Rhoan back home.
"Are you here to stay then?" Valentina asked.
"I am. And I even brought you a present." He said with a mischievous smile.
He passed Valentina a photo of a real unicorn. It was gorgeous!
"His name is Hercules. Usually unicorns don't like being photographed but I told him it was for a really good friend."
Valentina squealed in delight and gave Rhoan another hug.
"Thank you! Thanks so much!"
I laughed. I felt like we were back 18 months ago, and I liked that feeling. Things would be changing soon, and hopefully they would stay this happy.
-Gabriel

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum