Tales of the Lost
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Tales of the Lost

The Secret!

You are not connected. Please login or register

FIREWORKS...

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1FIREWORKS...    Empty FIREWORKS... Mon May 09, 2011 10:42 pm

Gabriel*and*Alice

Admin

FIREWORKS...
July 4th, 2011
I was so happy that I hadn't been dreaming, and I was even happier when the sun rose and Johanna was wrapped in my arms. She looked so peaceful and so happy while she slept. Her hair was sprawled all over the place but her hand was against my chest and her head was on my heart. I could have stayed like that forever, everything seemed so perfect and it seemed like nothing would ruin it. Not long after though, Johanna started to wake up. Her eyelids fluttered open and gazed up at me.
"Good morning," I said quietly to her.
The sun coming through the window caught in her eyes and they twinkled. In reply she nuzzled closer to me.
So I left her alone to go back to sleep or to take her time waking up.
"You know, that was the best sleep I've had ever. I might have been sleeping on the floor, and you might be as hard as stone, but I slept wonderfully." She said.
She was awake now, fully awake.
"Do you want breakfast?" I asked starting to sit up.
"Yeah. But I kinda just want this moment to last forever. Nothing really major is happening but its just peaceful, ya know?"
"Yeah. I do."
She stood up though and quickly braided her wild tangle of hair. She pulled me out the bedroom door, still in her pajamas, and down the stairs. I wanted to try and attempt to make breakfast for her this morning...ALL BY MYSELF! Hah!
But when we got to the bottom, I stopped short. Johanna kept going to the kitchen but I ran forward.
"LOTTIE!!!" I yelled I picked her up and swung her around once.
Then I gave her a hug, "When did you get back?! Its so great to see you again!"
"Just last night! Its wonderful to see you again too! What has been happening since I've left?"
I gave her a quick version of everything.
"Wait. Wait right here."
I ran into the kitchen and pulled Johanna from the cupboard and out into the living room.
"Johanna, this is my best friend, Lottie. Lottie, this is my Johanna."
Johanna and Lottie shook hands and I felt so happy again, my best friend and girlfriend meet. Well, a lot has changed since Lottie left, is she still my best friend? Is she even still my partner in crime? How much has she changed?
"Lottie and I dated for a little while," I whispered to Johanna.
Lottie and I laughed.
Had we really dated? There were a few kisses, and the joy of hunting together. Maybe, like I said earlier, she is just supposed to be a sister.
"Its nice to finally meet you, Lottie. Gabriel said so many nice things about you the last time I was here. He wanted us to meet then but I guess you had left?"
"Right. I had to take care of something." Lottie said with a mischievous smile.
"What have you been doing, Lottie?" I questioned.
She gave a brilliant smile, as if to say that she is very, very happy.
I was anxious now! What could have happened??
Bastien walked through the door with a child in his arms. A little girl. What's with this family wanting little girls only?! No boys?!
Lottie takes the sweet little girl from Bastien.
"Gabriel, this is Vera. My daughter. Vera, this is my friend Gabriel."
"Hi, Gabriel. Nice to meet you." She says in a sweet voice.
I was shocked! She was a hybrid!
"Well hello, Vera. My aren't you pretty?"
"Thank you," she replied.
And then I introduced Johanna to Bastien.
All was going so well until we heard a sound coming from Johanna's stomach. We all laughed, having forgotten that ours used to make that sound as well. So I went into the kitchen, tried to make her breakfast but messed up so badly. I ended up just grabbing a bowl, a spoon, milk and a box of cereal.
Johanna was leaning against the wall chatting with everyone when she spotted me...and the cereal.
She laughed a beautiful laugh, "My 5-star breakfast? Thank you, chef."
I laughed to. I really couldn't cook at all.
So I sat at the table with Johanna as we all kept talking and catching up. Johanna went back for more cereal at least 8 times!
Finally Rhoan emerged from his room. His eyes looked glazed and his hair was all messy.
"Hey, Rhoan! Rough night?" He went out last night.
He mumbled something unintelligible and made for the coffee pot which I had started for him.
I leaned over to Johanna and whispered in her ear, "That's Rhoan. He's a very good friend, really smart and he saved my life and my niece's. Don't talk to him until he has at least 2 cups of coffee."
'He's human?' She mouthed.
I nodded.
She would enjoy having a human friend, even though she didn't seem to mind vampires to much.
The door opened wide and not even a second later there was a high pitch screaming. Johanna jumped in her seat.
It was Valentina.
"JOHANNA!!!!" She screamed and ran over to her.
Johanna jumped up from her seat and threw her arms around Valentina for a hug.
"Valentina!!"
Both the girls hugged for a little bit until Johanna broke away to hug Dimitri quick.
"Where were you two?" She asked.
Valentina explained that they had gone to New York after a stay in London, which I was familiar with.
Valentina had noticed Rhoan in the kitchen with his coffee.
"Oh, hello. Who do we have here?"
Rhoan was still groggy but answered for himself, "Hi. I'm Rhoan. I'm Gabriel's friend. I take it your the one he went to meet in London?"
Valentina was excited now, "And your human too?!?"
"Last time I checked," He replied.
I was sort of choking on my own laughter. Rhoan really was interesting when he was still tired. He even looked 17 instead of 24, it was amusing.
"Oh do tell me your story!"
Rhoan was able to grab more coffee before Valentina dragged him off to the couch.
Poor Rhoan, Valentina has him now. But I knew he wouldn't mind that much, and I knew she would be gentle...well, sorta.
"-and that's kinda how I got to ride a unicorn." He said.
What?! Those are real?! I will definitely have to read that big book!
Valentina liked the story, "You and I are goona be best friends." She giggled and grabbed onto his arm.
"Would you like to meet my niece?" I turned to Johanna.
"Of course! Let me change first." So I stayed and waited, but she seemed to be taking a long time so I went to check up on her.
"I wondered what would take you so long!" She said laying on the bed.
"What is it? Do you need something?"
She bolted into sitting position, "Yeah! I just had a question for you. Today is the fourth of July."
I kinda shrugged my shoulders.
"Were you 'sleeping' when it was declared a holiday?!"
"Probably," I was able to say before she continued.
"Well, its a major holiday and there is goona be a party tonight."
I blinked.
"With humans."
I blinked again.
"Its a bonfire party on the beach."
"And?" I asked.
"Can we go?? I want to invite everyone."
"Well, who invited you?" I didn't know Johanna had already made friends here. I didn't doubt that she would, I just didn't think that could happen so soon.
"Nobody. I invited myself." She must have noticed the look on my face, "Gabriel! Humans are so chill when it comes to this stuff! No one needs an invitation, the more party people the better! Can we go?"
How could I say no? It was goona be night time, and I didn't want to smother Johanna, plus we said that we would make this work.
"Of course we can." She got excited, gave me a hug, then ran downstairs to tell everyone.
I felt good about making her happy even though I was a bit worried about the outcome of tonight's events.
Everyone agreed to go, even Lottie said she, Bastien and Vera would go for a while. Johanna was happy as we walked over to Jordan's house. And soon Jordan and Johanna were hugging and chatting and all that girl stuff. I pushed past them and up the stairs to get my little Sophia.
"Hey, Sophia." She smiled and reached for me.
"I hope you got enough sleep, little one, because we're taking you to a party tonight."
I picked her up and brought her downstairs.
"Johanna, this is my niece, Sophia."
Johanna jumped up and came over to the pretty baby squirming in my arms.
"Well, hello, sweet pea. Uncle Gabriel was right, you are very beautiful. He couldn't stop talking about you."
Sophia liked Johanna.
"Oh, Jordan. She's beautiful." Johanna said.
"Thank you. I think she knows it too ." We all laughed.
"Can I hold her, Jordan?" Johanna asks.
Jordan agrees and I carefully pass her to Johanna. Johanna and Sophia were both smiling as Johanna sat down into a chair. Little Sophia started playing with Johanna's wrist and I soon realized that the baby had noticed Johanna's scar, the one from Jane.
Sophia had a look of worry and I knew that she understood something bad had happened and that she wanted to make it better.
"Yeah. Its okay. It doesn't hurt me anymore. And I don't even mind it being there. Its a sign that I lived and its a part of me." She told the baby.
I knew those words were meant for me though. Johanna forgives me for that, but do I forgive myself?
I felt my own scars tingling, the ones that go across my chest. Johanna wasn't afraid to show hers did I need to be afraid to show mine? I guess it is part of me, a scary part, and that part of my life is over. I made sure of that.
I smelled Josh coming so I quickly took Sophia from Johanna.
"Wait. What's going-? Ah!" Johanna screamed as Josh pulled her into a bear hug.
"You could have hurt the baby." I warned.
"You knew I was coming. Johanna! I'm so glad your back!"
"Its nice to see you too Josh. I'm back for a while. Gabriel and I want to be together."
I smiled as Jordan and Josh encouraged our relationship.
"You guys aren't busy tonight, right?" Johanna finally asked.
"Nope. Hanging out with my baby." Josh said taking Sophia from me.
"Good! Then how bout all three of you come to a bonfire later? There are goona be fireworks and all!"
Josh wanted to go, Sophia I think would like the fireworks, and Jordan would like being with everyone again.
"That would be awesome!" Josh said.
"Sure!" Jordan agreed.
"Wonderful! I got a present for Sophia, she can wear it tonight." Johanna pulled a nice white dress with red and blue stars on the hem from her bag. Hmmmm I didn't even notice that she brought a bag with her.
Jordan started saying how nice of Johanna it was and Sophia reached for the dress wanting to see the sparkly stars.
"Oh don't worry, I got you a few presents too, Gabriel." She smiles.
I felt nervous, was I getting party clothes too?!
But instead she pulls out a small black box.
"What is it?" I ask. At least its not party clothes.
"Open it and find out."
I do as she suggests and find myself holding a cell phone.
"What...is this?" Definitely not what I thought.
"A cell phone!" Johanna and Jordan shriek.
Before I know what's happening Jordan has pulled the phone and is pressing the buttons. Then Josh starts pressing buttons and so does Johanna.
"We're your first three contacts." Jordan says handing me back the phone.
"That means absolutely nothing to me." I say.
It was one of those ones without the cover, good I didn't need anything to fancy.
"I thought you would be happier with this. You don't seem like the flip kind of guy. And I don't feel like you text to much either. It has a full keyboard in case you do end up texting but otherwise its pretty basic." She explains.
"Great. How do I use it?"
They all laughed at me.
"Take it easy, I was born in the 1600s! Electric wasn't even invented!" They laughed at that too.
Johanna and I decided to go home since it was getting late, that way we would have time to get ready. When I got back home though, I was attacked. Everybody needed to put their numbers in my phone and vice versa. Johanna laughed and pulled me up the stairs.
"I got ya some clothes to."
"What's wrong with the clothes I have?"
She gives me a once over, "Nothing... if your an assassin or if you lived in the dark ages."
"What? I think I look pretty...hip?"
"Yeah. That's why I bought you those clothes." She smiles and leaves into the bathroom to do her hair and all that girl stuff.
So I put on the jeans and the black converse and the white long sleeved shirt. I had just finished buttoning the shirt when there was a knock on the door.
"Come in." I said.
It was Rhoan.
"Going to a party?"
"Yeah. Johanna heard of this 4th of July party on the beach and we're all going."
"Not like that you shouldn't. You'll get your ass kicked. Here." He crossed the room and came over to me. Rhoan was almost a head shorter than I was. He started unbuttoning my shirt, just the first few.
"Much better." He said.
I looked in the mirror, he was right. This did look better.
"Great. Thanks!" I bent down to tie my shoes.
"So about Johanna-"
"She's great, isn't she?" I smiled.
"Sure. But-"
I remembered the cell phone she gave me.
"Oh, here, Ro," I say tossing him the device, "Enter your number."
"What?"
"Yeah, Johanna got it for me, I guess to sorta bring me out of-"
"WOULD YOU LISTEN TO YOURSELF?!?!"
"P-pardon me?" I was shocked at his tone.
He threw the phone onto the bed.
"SHES CHANGING YOU!" He calms himself, "First your morals, then the phone, now the clothes. What's next? Your hair? Do you need to get a tattoo then? Or how about a piercing?"
"Stop it," I warned.
"I thought people were supposed to love each other for who they are. Not for who they can be. She doesn't love you-"
"Rhoan, watch yourself." I growl.
"Well, what is she doing? How is she changing for you?!"
"RHOAN! I have had enough! You are acting like a child about this. The truth of the matter is that I love Johanna, and we will be together. So either you like it or you learn to."
"Well, sorry to ruffle your feathers, your highness. I just thought you deserve someone who treats you the way you should be. She isn't here even a full day and already she has you dressed her way and going to her parties-"
"Rhoan, I'm done with you. So either you get over your problems and come to the party with us, or you can leave." I yell.
I was furious at him. How dare he try to ruin something that makes me so happy! Everything was so right and now he's messed it all up.
Johanna came out of the bathroom then. The tension in the room was so thick, even she sensed it.
She was wearing jean shorts, a tie dye shirt, a tuxedo jacket with the sleeves rolled up and converse sneakers. She had red lipstick, blue eye shadow and her hair was curled.
"Don't you look lovely, Johanna." I said pleasantly.
Rhoan sneered and then left the room.
"Gabriel, do you wanna-?"
"No. We're going to the party. Let's go."
We went downstairs where everybody was ready and waiting. I smiled at my family Alec and Faine, Demetri and Valentina, Lottie and Bastien and Vera, Jordan and Josh and Sophia. Too bad we were missing Afton and Chelsea, otherwise we all would have been together.
Johanna and I chose to ride in Demetri and Valentina's car. And gosh, we all must have looked so interesting pulling up in our 4 cars! But we had a wonderful time, we really did. Sophia looked beautiful in her white dress and she and Vera loved the fireworks! And the rest of us had fun at the bonfire, mingling with the humans and listening to todays music. The most of my fun came when a nice slow song came on:
"'I've been wishing on a star but I never could have imagined
I would land just where you are after all this lonesome travelling
I Took one look in your eye, reached out to hold your hand
This is when I realized what I could never understand,'"
I stood up and bowed, reaching for Johanna's hand.
She gave it to me and I led her away from the crowd right by the fire. We had kicked off our shoes long ago so I led her into the surf, and there we danced. I placed my hand on her waist and pulled her close to me, she leaned herself against me, fitting perfectly.
"'Do you want to be my one and only love?
Do you want to be my one and only love?

So you wanna be my friend, so you wanna be my lover
With you I do confess I can't be one without the other
That was hard for me to say, I hope I said it right
Which ever, come what may, you see I need to know tonight

Do you want to be my one and only love?'"
Could this have been anymore perfect? The fireworks were booming in the sky, we were dancing with the moon as our spotlight, acoustic guitar set our scene and the salt water splashed at our knees.
I sang softly into her ear along with the song,
"'Do you want to run away or do you want to stick around?

Do you want to be my one and only love?'"
She was smiling and so was I as I kissed her head and leaned my cheek against it. By this time we weren't even dancing anymore, just swaying softly....until a huge wave came and knocked us over. Yeah. That's right. You read correctly. A wave knocked both of us off our feet. We got soaked! But I could have cared less since Johanna leaned up and kissed me then. It was soft and slow. Her lips felt warm against mine, they seemed to just give way to mine, and she tasted like summer. I didn't need the fireworks from the party, I saw my own fireworks in our kiss. I say she tasted like summer. What I mean is, do you remember summers as a child? Countless nights with warm thick air, owls hooting, crickets chirping. Long days spent far away from home in our own make believe lands where we could be young and carefree forever. There were no rules, no night time, just time to play and live our little adventures. Well, that's how I felt. I guess you really can't understand. But, she made me feel as if I were far away from here, I was in a place without vampires and shape shifters, no demons or witches. Just me and Johanna, together.
It was beautiful.
We broke apart when another wave crashed over us. And soon we all left, the babies had to sleep and well, it was getting really late.
We all came barging through the front door, still geared up from the party. I decided that I just had to tell Rhoan. The night had gone wonderfully and the only thing that could make it better would be making up with him and putting our earlier fight behind us. I left the group to go into Rhoan's room, sure he would be angry that I woke him up so early but he would forgive me if I apologized.
I pushed open the door to his room.
"Rhoan?"
-Gabriel

2FIREWORKS...    Empty Dancing Song Mon May 09, 2011 10:44 pm

Gabriel*and*Alice

Admin

here is the song Johanna and Gabriel dance to at the beach
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QduuDekoSLE

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum