Tales of the Lost
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Tales of the Lost

The Secret!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Aftermath of the sunshine

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Aftermath of the sunshine Empty Aftermath of the sunshine Sun May 08, 2011 9:55 am

Admin

Admin
Admin

Dear d, d
Hay, here is how the rest of my day went, i was sat at home all alone Gabriel had gone to work as had Johanna and Rhoan was still in a grump about his Jaffa cakes, I decided i would go and face Alec and Faine get the telling off out of the way i was actually surprised that Jordan and Josh hadn’t come over to shout at me, maybe they hadn’t heard about my mistake.
I walked up to their new home it once belonged to Faine's friend Paddy who sadly died a while ago, I knocked on the door i didn’t want to just walk in, Faine was already there with my first knock she looked fairly happy to see me she pulled me in and called for Alec, i sat down on their sofa it was so comfortable i just sank into it and let it cuddled me.
"Is Alec as mad at me like Afton is?" I asked Faine, she rubbed my arm to soothe me it didn’t make me feel any better.
Alec came from another room he looked preoccupied, Faine stood up.
"I shall leave you two to talk" Faine said she leaned down and hugged me, I moved forward and hugged her back it felt like a mother and daughter hug something I had missed for many years, i realised how lucky i was, my mother would have approved of this new motherly figure in my life, she kissed my forehead and disappeared.
I opened my eyes to see Alec sitting next to me with a warm smile but his eyes still held concern.
"What happened today V....." Alec started.
"Look I’ve heard it from Afton already I know I’m a silly young naive and can’t be trusted" I snapped i had enough of been told i was in the wrong I knew i was.
Alec let out a laugh.
"No I wasn’t going to say that" he said still laughing a little
"Ohh" I said stunned.
"You’re probably more down to earth then any off us and you fit in better too sometimes i have to remind myself you’re not this fragile young human. I know you didn’t mean any harm by going in to school but V you have to think like a vampire and not a human you understand that right?"
"It was still stupid of me though i.... no i have no excuse i won’t be so foolish again."
Alec nodded i guess he could see how upset i was.
"Has Afton cooled down?" Alec asked
"No he stormed out after our argument he was really mad I’ve never seen him react like that over anything" I told him still a little raw by his attitude
"Afton doesnt normally show that things affect him but they do and with Demitri away he is trying his best to keep you safe, Family means everything to Afton he cares deeply, he overreacted because he was worried about you don’t be to mad at him"
I smiled.
"How is Demitri?" Alec asked
"Ha erm I don’t know really he won’t tell me why he is away and who is with and what he is doing he sounds really sad and stressed out and there is nothing i can do i feel helpless"
"I'm sure just the sound of your voice is enough to make him smile, when is he coming home?"
"He said in a couple of days hopefully" I said really wising that was true and he would be home but i didn’t want him to come home to this tense atmosphere he didn’t need the extra pressure.
Alec nodded he looked concerned for his brother
"I'm sure he is ok Demitri is strong V he will be ok and we are here if he needs our help he wouldn’t of gone off to do anything alone he knows that never works out to be the best way"
I felt a little relived that Alec wasn’t mad at me i couldn’t handle everyone being angry with me.
"V I hope you don’t mind me saying but you seemed a little lost when Faine hugged you is there anything else on your mind?" Alec asked me he was so sweet he noticed little things that meant a great deal.
"Faine is like my second mum and it’s been so long since i had a motherly hug like that guess i kind off needed it more than i thought."
"She always knows what to say to make it right and if words can’t make it right then her hugs do"
I agreed with a firm nod.
"Do you regret leaving your parents?" Alec asked i totally wasn’t expecting to talk about them, i didn’t normally so willingly though but something inside I felt like i needed to talk about them.
"They left me I was never given the choice" I said a little sourly.
"I’m sure they wouldn’t have left you if they had a choice." Alec asked he looked thoughtful
"No I guess not Life isn’t very fair is it." I said feeling sad.
I felt a little sorry for Alec he hadn’t had a proper family for such a long time and psycho sister who played mind games it’s amazing he has come out of it still caring about anything or anyone but that’s Alec all over one big heart of gold and I’m so proud to say he is my brother.
Faine appeared behind Alec and wrapped her arms around Alec's shoulders she rested her chin on his head.
"Alec hunny i think it’s time me and Val get some fresh air are you up for a little run darling maybe a little snack I also need some girly advice?" Faine asked Alec looked relived that Faine had come back in; i guess there is only so much emotion one man can take.
I stood up i tried to smile but i felt wrong to i didn’t want to act false.
We left Alec he was going to play on his Xbox he had a game lined up with Josh online.
We ran for about five miles and images flooded my mind of my dad and my mum but they were never happy ones i couldn’t Find one in my mind that was them not being hurt or severely ill and that hurt like someone was pushing a dagger in my heart i just wanted to remember the good times but i just couldn’t i slowed down Faine stopped a head of me and ran back over when i stopped i bent over in pain Faine was at my side instantly hugging me and soothing me she shhhh me as i wept tearlessly, Faine pulled me down to the ground and i berried my head into her chest I started to shake violently Faine stroked my hair.
"Hay, hay what's all this about then." She said softly.
"I try to block it out and I’m trying to be strong but sometimes i cant and i feel trapped i miss them so much but i don’t want to see their faces it hurts me so much to think about them."
"My Mum and dad" I said whimpering.
"Ohhh Hunny you’re bound to miss them and it’s not wrong to hurt like this."
"I wish i could see them" I said not really thinking what i was saying.
"I don’t think that’s such a good idea hunny no at the moment maybe let things calm down here first you've had a really upsetting day i understand your need to go see them." Faine said still stroking my hair I looked up to her.
"No I can never see them ever again I wish it was possible but it’s not and all i can remember is the bad times i knew there were good times they were amazing parents i know that from the love i feel for them but the memories of my dad lying dead so much blood and my mum so pale and thin like death was creeping up on her cruelly death won" I said finally getting it out in the open. Faine didn’t say anything and silence was what i needed but i knew she was there protecting me like a mother would, Alec was right if words can’t make it right her hugs can.
Time past by and the sky grew darker more stars came out i watched them shine brightly
"Close your eyes Val" Faine said softly and i did. "Tell me what you see?"
"Nothing" I said back
"Ok look further through the darkness and concentrate look for your mother"
"No I can’t" I sobbed
"You can hunny the mind is a very powerful tool use it in there is a memory of both of your parents a happy one I’m sure of it"
She was right at first it was fuzzy but it became clearer by the second. My 10th Birthday party."
I can see them" I said excited.
"Tell me what do you see?"
"It’s my 10th birthday party it was a surprise my mum and dad look so happy and in love so much love in their eyes."
"tell me what they look like" Faine said she sounded like she wanted to see to.
"My mum is tall like me and really slim she has long blonde hair with sky blue eyes her face is so beautiful she looks like an angel and my dad is just slightly taller with thick black hair he has long eye lashes and dark blue eyes i look like my father apart from my hair his face has beautiful sharp angles he was trying to grow a beard and it look patchy he shaved it after that day he agreed that he looked like an old man and he has laughter lines always smiling and laughing that was my dad making a joke out of everything nothing was ever bad in his eyes everything was positive he had everything he ever wanted a beautiful wife and me they were so happy why did god take that away" I snapped my eyes open but there images never left my mind.
"I wish i could answer that for you hunny i really do but what i can say is you look at those times and you remember them and remember how perfect they were" Faine said i could see she wanted to make it right but she had she made me see them happy again. Faine helped me up and we went hunting i felt so much better after feeding my thirst then I realised Faine wanted some girly advice.
"You said you wanted some advice earlier what can i help you with?" I asked her she smiled wickedly
"Doesnt matter dear"
With that we were running home again
Faine ran me to the big house and hugged me goodbye, I thanked her again for her support.

I walked in the house and felt a little lighter, i turned to close the door when i heard screaming i turned quickly to see Chelsea flying towards me she tackled me to the floor kissing my face over and over.
"Chelsea" Afton called for her in an unusual tone he didn’t sound angry any more he sounded relieved.
Chelsea jumped of me and held her hand out for me to take i didn’t need to but i did anyway, she pulled me up and hugged me.
"Gosh don’t do that to me ever again" Chelsea squeezed me.
"Do what?" I try to say being turned into a Valentina pancake.
Chelsea let go of me.
"We thought you left, when we came back no one was here and Rhoan was sleeping, i woke him up Ohh remind me never to do that ever again" Chelsea laughed
it felt like what happened earlier all the anger and tension had gone away i was so pleased all though Afton was still very quiet and looking lost in thought Chelsea was always easy to win over Afton I’m finding out now not so easy.
"I was with Faine and Alec and then went out for supper" I said feeling happy that i had, it removed my bad mood and the talk with Faine was a big help.
"You look better" Afton said now looking at me he looked loads better to the dark black eyes now golden and smoldering.
"Ditto" I said back he smiled brightly
"Yeah, look V take a seat please" Afton said politely
i was ready for this now if he wanted to talk i would listen if he wanted to shout yes I would still listen and i would apologise if it meant getting out of Afton’s bad books. It wasn’t a nice place to be i must admit.
I sat down and Chelsea dragged Afton to the sofa.
"I'm playing ref" Chelsea looked wickedly excited and i laughed.
"My wife tells me that sometimes i can overreact and anger clouds my judgment, sadly i have to agree. I wanted to apologise Valentina i was out of order and made a fool out of myself I hope you can begin to forgive me i will do anything in my power to prove to you how sorry I’m" Afton said he looked like what had happened had hurt him so much and i felt guilty.
"you really don’t need to apologise Afton it was totally my fault and you had every right to shout at me and be angry i was out of order and i will never put our family at risk ever again can you forgive me" I asked him his eyes lit up and jumped up pulled me up with him and swung me around he held me close and squeezed lightly.
"You never need to apologise for something that wasn’t your fault" Afton said as he held my hand up and kissed my hand.
I opened my mouth to disagree it was my fault totally and Afton held his finger to my lips and shock his head he didn’t want to hear it.
I nodded and left it there.
"So V what is the deal with Captain weird?" Chelsea asked me patting the seat next to her.
Afton let go off me and i moved to sit next to Chelsea, Afton sat down in front of me with an intruded look.
"Mmm yes Rick wasn’t it?" Afton asked.
"Yeah, I don’t know it’s really bugging me i met them a few years ago when i wasn’t really myself infect it was the night you both came back i was in town and Pippa came out of nowhere freaked me out, Rick came and helped her back home she was really weird if you think Rick is strange you wait till you meet Pippa" I said
"Hmmm Be careful V I’m not too sure about him and from what you have just said then i would stay away" Afton said looking worried.
"Yeah i will be careful but I can’t promise to avoid him he is in my photography class Ahh dam it" i slapped my head as i remembered my assignment the one i risked going in for i couldn’t do.
"Erm did i fall asleep and miss something?" Chelsea asked looking confused.
"I'm supposed to take some pictures of beach life its meant to be nice this weekend i can’t get out can i" I said really regretting what I told Rick.
"You could go early in the morning sunrise no one will be around to see you" Afton offered.
"No you don’t understand I told Rick i would get burnt if i went out in sunlight"
Both Afton and Chelsea burst out laughing.
"Ohh V you do have imagination don’t you" Afton said still chuckling to himself
"Well I guess we don’t have to worry about Rick you probably scared him of with your wearied ways haha you totally have a cover story your wise you know that" Chelsea said looking so relieved.
"Ya a cover story go V" I said waving my arms in the air.
"A cover story is a clever way to live Valentina and you can use it with your tutor if the weird kid believed you then you have no troubles convincing a mere tutor" Afton said looking proud of me.
I nodded and started to form a plan in my head it would Involve Rhoan and life time off Jaffa cakes to bribe him with.........

Valentina. Xxxxx

https://talesofthelost.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum