Tales of the Lost
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Tales of the Lost

The Secret!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sunshine

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1    Sunshine Empty Sunshine Sun May 01, 2011 8:03 am

Admin

Admin
Admin

Dear d, d
Ok i made a bit of a mistake and everyone is a bit annoyed with me but i thought it would be ok.
So Alice called to tell me it was going to be sunny for the next few days, i kinda felt silly because i didn't want Pippa or Rick to think i wasn’t coming in because of what happened.
It came to the morning and i had spent half the night talking to Alice and Jasper about what happened with Demitri and what he had said, Jasper was a real support and convinced me it was going to be ok and Alice looked into the future for me, nothing to horrid was going to happen. Demitri wasn’t going to go kill anyone, after i finished talking to Alice and Jasper, Demitri called and he sounded so much better.
He said he was still thirsty but not as much as before, he apologised over and over and i forgave him instantly.
We talked about trivial stuff but it was just nice to hear him laugh and i miss him.
A couple more days he promised me, that's not long.

When morning came it was dull really thick clouds, so i thought it would be ok, i had photo class before lunch and i really wanted to get the assignment that was planned for that day, i checked outside still dull i promised myself i would go after the lesson just in case, because Alice visions are normally spot on.
i walked into class Rick was already sat at the back, chewing the his pen top, he was looking straight at the door and didn’t acknowledge me that was fine, safer for me to keep my distance anyway.
We got our assignment and it was beach life, i knew then i should go something in me felt nervous the lab we were in has only slit windows at the top of the cabin and it faced on to the field so no naturel light shone through, our tutor wanted the assignment in by Monday as it was going to be nice this weekend, there was no excuse not to do it.
Class finished and i packed away my note book, i liked to write everything important down, i know i can memorize it but it’s still nice to have written down general ideas of what pictures i was going to take.
I got up to leave, i walked out to the corridor it was lite with sunshine; the dark clouds had just vanished in that hour not possible i thought.
i quickly backed up and ran back to the class room cursing myself, i shouldn’t of risked it i ran to the back of the class and dropped to my knees, i didn’t know what to do i would be safe for an hour because it was lunch time i had to think, i put my head in my hands and wished this wasn’t happening then i heard a pen drop
"are you ok?" i snapped my head up i thought i was alone, Rick was still sat at his desk, he didn’t look scared but the way he had said it he sounded it.
Now there was going to be witness what had i done the day was just getting worse
"what are you doing in here" i snapped at him
"contemplating" he said thoughtfully.
I didn’t understand and i couldn’t let his strange behavior distract me.
I needed to get out of here but how, killing wasn’t an option maybe knocking him out that would bide me sometime, no i couldn’t do that.
My phone rang Rhoan my life saver, i thought
"Rhoan you gotta help me I’m at school i need you to come and get me can you do that?" I begged
"no you can’t be i thought Alice had said........."
"she did i thought it be ok i was going to come home now but i cant and i can’t Stay here" my voice sounded hysterical
"ok, ok i will grab some stuff where can i find you? "
"Photo lab it’s the big cabin set away from the school backs on to a field" i wasn’t sure if that was any help at all if he would find me but that was the best i could do.
I slammed the phone Down on the floor and rested my head on my knees, then i felt a hand touch my arm, no Rhoan couldn’t of been that fast then it clicked Rick was still here
"your shaking and your freezing cold what’s wrong?" he asked me.
to close to close i said to myself trying to control any movement that could hurt him
"i ...i can’t go out in the sun" i blurted out no stupid thing to say Rick didn’t move so I looked at him he had a soft smile on a caring one "another fear?" he asked gently, he understood fear by the looks of it could it be that simple to say yes, no i had to think something bigger more than fear
"no its not fear i have a condition" the words fell out of my mouth he nodded and looked interested
"i burn" yes i said that he chuckled to himself
"i can get some sun cream" he asked politely
"no i mean my skin it isn’t um it it’s my condition my family have it to any sun light that hits me i get really bad burns" i said digging a bigger hole for myself who was going to believe that.
"Ohh i see guess that explains why you’re so pale" Rick was getting it he believed me did i lie that well.
Rhoan wasn’t long he bought supplies head scarf, sun glasses, gloves anything to cover my skin.
Rhoan didn’t say anything when he came in the look of anger in his eyes made me want to cry he glared at Rick then back to me, i was going to get shouted it at later i knew that much was true
"just get me to my car and i will be fine" i told Rhoan
"no Afton is in the car waiting" Rhoan spat out
"what no he can’t be out to no, no, no, this is my fault he shouldn’t be dragged into it" Rhoan took a glance at Rick who hadn’t moved from my side "don’t make this difficult V" Rhoan said letting all the anger slide and begging me to be good.
I nodded and stood up now completely covered
"if you go out the back you can go behind the cabin the sun never hits there if you follow it to the left the car park is in front of you." We both nodded at Rick who hadn’t got up Rhoan put his arm around my back if anyone saw us it would look like he was holding me up.
We took the route Rick had said and saw nobody, i jumped into the back of the land rover and Afton pushed the accelerator hard making the wheels spin and then we were off flying home at top speed both of them kept quiet Afton glanced at me through the mirror a couple of times his eyes where composed but that meant nothing.
I took off the scarf and sunglasses i was safe now i wouldn’t be caught sparkling in the sun.
when we arrived home Rhoan looked at Afton for a few seconds then got out and walked into the house, i waited for Afton to shout at me but he said nothing just sighed and got out, he came around and opened my door this angered me a little i could do things myself but then i remembered it was a very gentleman thing to do and in Afton's time it was natural to do so, i thanked Afton and he nodded and then disappeared into the house.
I followed slowly behind.

When i entered there was a silent crowd, Faine was sat on the sofa Alec was standing behind her, arms crossed.
Chelsea was leaning by the door watching Afton carefully, i could hear Rhoan talking in the kitchen, and I guess it was Gabriel as he wasn’t in the front room, Afton had his arms crossed like Alec but Alec looked sympathetic, where Afton looked raged.
Ten minutes this lasted for, this silence it was bad i knew that much, Rhoan and Gabriel had joined the party, Rhoan sat next to Faine and Gabriel lingered by the kitchen door, he was smiling, and funny I thought Gabriel would be the one to be shouting.
I couldn’t bare the silence any more i walked to go upstairs but Chelsea stood in my way shaking her head at me, i sighed and turned around deliberately looking at Afton to get this over with
"i should have agreed with Demitri this was a bad idea to let you go to........" I stopped him from talking
"hay wait a minute i am my own person, no one decides what's best for me but me got it." i snapped back
"wrong your too young to make these choices, today evidently is proof of this"
"one mistake and I’m being judged for it” I screamed back
"you don’t get how serious this is do you? If Aro was still alive today you would be dead by now" Afton said cruelly.
i was so shocked out how cruel he could be i just stared at him and i think the others where a little bit shocked to
"look guys we don’t need to have a huge fight ok, Valentina you understand what you did was wrong don’t you?" Alec asked softly.
i nodded my head i had been stupid and it would never happen again i promised myself that
"that’s not the point, she is too young to be making decisions, Demitri needs to be told “Afton growled
"V...... Hell girl what were you thinking of" Then i had Johanna’s Arms around me she had come out of nowhere, everyone went quiet, it was eerie, somebody cleared there throat
"Erm Johanna does this boy belong to you?" Gabriel asked, i looked up and Rick was standing in the door way.
"You know the rules Johanna" Afton growled.
"Guys please we have a guest" Faine said as she stood up technically this was her house, even though her and Alec had moved out.
Afton stormed off into the kitchen swearing mostly.
"Sorry... i thought it would be fine, Rick told me you told him about your condition i just assumed it was ok." Johanna said looking really upset. Gabriel took her into his arms and hugged her.
"Its fine Johanna you Know how Afton gets when he is hungry" Faine said politely, Rhoan coughed a laugh out.
Rick hadn’t moved he looked a little petrified not surprising with all of us here i guess he didn’t expect such a big family.
"Come on in and take a seat" Faine offered
"have you all lost your minds" Afton shouted from the kitchen, Chelsea smiled briefly and went to the kitchen.
Rick came in but didn’t sit down.
"Are you ok you didn’t get burnt?" Rick asked me looking for signs, everyone looked at each other confused
"no the way you told us was shaded" i said sounding flat.
I gestured rick to sit down and all the others casually backed away from him.
"V we should talk later ok" Alec said with a warm smile
i nodded my head in agreement then they left.

Rhoan sat down next to Rick, Johanna was looking at Gabriel for answers he shrugged his shoulders and came to sit down to Johanna followed.
"Wait where is your sister?" i asked, had he left her alone?
"She isn’t very well today she is at......" Rick stopped talking.
"Home?" Rhoan asked suspiciously.
"Erm yeah home" Rick said back staring at Rhoan, Gabriel shifted ready to protect his friend if he need it.
Rhoan smiled and looked to Gabriel, Gabriel eased a little and sat back playing with Johanna's hand.
I sat down on the floor next To Rick and looked up at him
i tried to study his face but it just looked blank cold almost it gave me shivers.
"Don’t you dare Chelsea?" Afton screamed from the kitchen.
Chelsea appeared in a flash and i shot her a warning look she looked confused then realised 'Rick Human' and nodded it was like we had a little conversation with out words it was weird.
"Coffee any one" Chelsea chimed she bought cups and the coffee pot way to may cups really.
Johanna took a cup and Rhoan took another he seriously has an addiction better then drugs i suppose.
"Val you want a cup?" Chelsea asked playing good human host.
"No thank you" I said smiling secretly i was laughing inside with our secret.
She forced Rick to take a cup.
"Gabriel Coffee" Chelsea chimed.
"No thank you it’s gone mid-day you know the rules" Gabriel said with a slight bit of acid behind the words.
Chelsea just laughed at him.
she poured the coffee and bought back milk and sugar, Rick was watching the others before he drank any of his but the way he was watching wasn’t obvious well it wouldn’t be to humans but to vampires it was Chelsea tilted her head to the side looking oddly at him she soon turned away when Rick looked at her, he didn’t look for long just a quick glance then back to his coffee he looked so nervous.
"Hmmm what’s missing?" Chelsea asked herself. “What do you Hu...?” Rhoan choked on his coffee and Gabriel and i glared at Chelsea.
Rick looked wide eyed at his coffee.
"Biscuits that’s it" Chelsea said leaving to quickly, Rick was examine his coffee still Johanna sipped hers and Rick observed her to see if she would choke, Rhoan had a few more coughs and then gulped down more of his coffee that seemed to ease Rick.
Rhoan placed his cup down when he and finished and smiled awkwardly.
She repapered with Jaffa cakes on a plate and Rhoan almost growled at her, Gabriel started to laugh hysterically and Rick looked at the coffee oddly again and placed it on the table not drinking it.
"they are my Jaffa cakes Chelsea" Rhoan mumbled
Gabriel moved forward and grabbed a couple and started to eat them Rhoan looked like he was going to punch him
"You don’t like those" Rhoan said through clench teeth
Gabriel smiled wide and shock his head the look on his face was picture perfect caught in the act of doing wrong.
Chelsea pushed the Jaffa cakes in front of Rick who took one to be polite and held it in his hands; Chelsea offered me one to act normal my eyes went wide with shock.
"Ohhh sorry I forgot" Chelsea said grimly i had told her my excuse Chelsea thought it was very cleaver of me, this time Rick was watching me intently I stood up.
"Well this is just cosy" Afton had come out from the kitchen still looking raged.
Chelsea sighed and went to his side she whispered in his ear and that made him look even angrier.
"Well my name is Rhoan" Rhoan said to Rick held his hand out to shake.
Rick put the Jaffa cake down and shock his hand.
"Ohh are you going to eat that?" Gabriel asked with a cheeky smile.
Rick shock his head and passed it to Gabriel, Gabriel shoved it in his mouth and the look on Rhoan face i was trying not to laugh.
"Ok introductions i guess at the end there is Gabriel and Johanna you might have seen at college I gestured Rick waved and smiled gab did the same but with a dissatisfied look on his face the Jaffa cakes i assumed. Rhoan laughed. "Serves you right" he said to Gabriel.
"Rhoan you have met twice now and that’s Chelsea and Afton by the kitchen" Rick turned round to wave but Chelsea and Afton where arguing very silently.
"And the other two where Alec and Faine" I said clearing it up "Guys this is Rick"
"Hi everyone look I’m sorry if i have come at a bad time I just wanted to make sure you where ok it was stupid really" Rick said as he realised what he had done.
"Yes You have come at a bad time you might like to leave now you know Valentina is ok" Afton said He was standing right behind Rick it made him jump, Chelsea held her head down in disappointment
Afton was never like this he was normally the kind one the straight thinking always had a plan kind of guy this was unnatural.
"Yeah i err Can’t Leave until later" Rick said not looking at any one.
"It’s not safe right?" I said to him he looked at me and smiled and nodded.
"believe me boy it is safer for you outside then it is in here" Afton growled.
"Enough Afton" Chelsea shouted.
She grabbed his arm and he shrugged her off.
"I’m going to call Demitri this is pathetic this can’t be happening" Afton growled.
Gabriel stood up staring and Afton not believing what he was seeing i wasn’t either.
"No you can’t call please Afton he under enough stress as it is he doesnt need this on top of it." I begged.
"Where is Demitri anyway?" Gabriel asked.
"London" I replied still staring at Afton I didn’t trust him how horrid is that.
"Tristan" Gabriel Sighed.
I shook my head to say i don’t know.
"Afton i think you need something to eat come on lets go and get a takeaway" Gabriel gestured
Afton growled and stormed out of the door. I looked to Chelsea she looked stunned and upset.
"Are you ok?" I asked her she shook her head.
"No not really I should go see if he is ok will you be ok here with........" She looked at Rick I smiled and she left to.
"Wow remind me not to piss Afton off I never knew he could be savage" Gabriel said.
None of us could, this couldn’t have just been what happened today surely, Afton and Chelsea haven’t come back yet either Rhoan Took Rick back to school when his lesson was meant to be over every one commented on how weird Rick was I told them they hadn’t met Pippa yet she was the definition of weird it bugged me though what was the deal with those two and Pippa seemed fine yesterday and now she was ill and Rick using the same excuse it not being safe outside, how was Rick comfortable in a house full of angry vampires? well he doesnt know we are vampires i hope, can’t be sure though i just can’t let this drop i need to learn some more about this two but first I need to Go and talk with Faine and Alec that shouldn’t be too painful i hope Ohh and Rhoan and Gabriel are still arguing about Jaffa cakes yup that’s what the world has come to.

https://talesofthelost.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum