Tales of the Lost
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Tales of the Lost

The Secret!

You are not connected. Please login or register

A GIFT FROM THE GODS (Rhoan's POV)...

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1A GIFT FROM THE GODS (Rhoan's POV)... Empty A GIFT FROM THE GODS (Rhoan's POV)... Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:29 pm

Gabriel*and*Alice

Admin

A GIFT FROM THE GODS (Rhoan's POV)...
June 23rd, 2011
I couldn't help thinking of Zeus and the other olympians as I gazed at the beauty sleeping in the bed. Just like Zeus, Gabriel was powerful and a leader as well. Like Hades, he was a king of death. Like Ares, a fighter and warrior, Gabriel is so strong and powerful. But what would strength be without passion? A passion and wisdom of battle which is like that of Athena's. And I dare say, Aphrodite's beauty couldn't be compared to his! I crossed the smooth stone of Jordan Vaught's basement to where Gabriel lay in the bed.
His face looked like an angels, perfect in every way, elegant but soft. And his body looked like the gods sculpted it from marble, there was no flaw in him. It made me wonder how such a beautiful creature could be permitted to live forever. He could have caused a war over his beauty a few centuries ago. And he would make women swoon on the sidewalk if he stopped living in the past.
I took a damp washcloth out of a nearby water basin and put it on his forehead. His face and hands had a few burns from the angels dust, but that should heal soon. His forehead was very warm. I place another cool cloth on his face but he begins to shift away. He was human sleeping but something tells me he will be waking up as a vampire soon. And when that happened, it wouldn't be too wise of me to be this close.
I crossed the room and leaned against the door frame waiting. And while I was waiting for this angel to awake from his slumber, I thought of how nice Jordan had been to offer me to stay until we were all feeling well. And even nicer she was when she let me conjour a basement to keep Gabriel in for now.
He was starting to come to now, which means he won't be pleased with the fact that he is bound in chains. That's right, the beautiful archangel lying in the bed was tied down with chains at his wrists and ankles. He wouldn't be able to break free of them, they weren't just metal, angles dust was infused into the metal. I instantly regretted my decision to have him like that. A work of true beauty and wonder shouldn't be in shackles. After all, a God isn't a peasant. Sleep wore away from his mind as he took over his vampire form. He went still again, eyes closed, lying in bed, un-moving. I inched a bit closer, too much closer and he would have been able to grab hold of me.
Gabriel's eyes snapped opened, they were still a hell fire red and these awful shrieks came out of his throat. Deep growls and inhuman sounds.
"What have you done to me?" He bellowed.
His voice was different, deeper, strangled. I still couldn't answer, it was as if my own voice had been paralyzed.
"What. Have. You. Done to me?!" He yelled while exposing his fangs and growling at me.
Instinctively, my hand went to the spot on my neck where Gabriel had bitten me. It was covered in a band aid, but I could feel fresh blood seeping through it again. That happened when I got tense or frustrated, the wound re-opened.
Gabriel laughed at my reaction. It was a deep laugh that drew you in, but it was a laugh of pity. A God laughing down on a peasant.
He tried to break the shackles but yelled out a scratchy scream of agony.
I had found my voice, "Its angels dust. In the metal and in your throat still. That's why it burns."
His hell fire eyes were dancing, consuming his pupils.
"Maybe its because I am hungry." He enjoyed torturing me.
I gulped. Afraid that he was speaking the truth.
"You wouldn't kill me, I saved your niece."
He barked another laugh which made me feel as if I were the one tied down and he were free to torture me.
"I would kill anyone." The truth in his eyes as he said that scared me.
I brought my eyes down to the ground, but as I did, I noticed a flaw on my beautiful marble angel.
I came closer to the snarling beast and pull back his shirt front, exposing his chest.
"What are you doing?" His voice was hoarse, the angels dust was really making him uncomfortable.
His chest was fully exposed as I gazed at the flaw on my beauty. There were slash marks across his chest, just noticeable to the naked eye.
"What are these?" I asked as I traced them with my own fingers. They were jagged and rough.
He tried scaring me away as I sat next to him on the bed.
I touched them again and he bucked and arched, trying to get away from me.
"Does it hurt you?" I ask him.
Gabriel nodded his head in reply, not wanting to show any weakness.
"How did you get these?" I couldn't help but be curious. I sort of regretted asking since he didn't seem to enjoy the memory.
"I...killed my maker."
It made sense in the vampire world that the child should feel remorse for destroying what gave them life, but to me, I couldn't understand. Why love something that destroyed your God given life? Why love what made you watch your loved ones die away?
I had a grand realization then.
I touched the burn on Gabriel's cheek and stared into his eyes, "Your still beautiful." I said to him.
And I truly believed that! Those scars seemed like a part of him, a part that shows that he isn't perfect. Yet, I couldn't help feel that those scars made him even more perfect.
"Your even more beautiful than I thought you could be."
Gabriel's deep eyes changed from red to black.
"Help me." He pleaded.
I stroked his black hair, "I am."
And I would, forever, I would stay and help him. I knew then that I wouldn't return to The Order, not unless Gabriel asked me to.
I brought my fingers to the band aid at my neck and removed it. Gabriel shivered in delight at the smell of blood. MY blood.
The blood started dripping and I cleaned up the mess with my fingers. When I brought them in front of me, they were red, covered in blood.
I lowered them to Gabriel's mouth and he invited them in warmly. He sucked and licked the blood away and didn't complain too much when I pulled my fingers out.
I washed his burns once more and then left him alone.
"Please. Don't leave me alone with It." He begged.
I knew a while ago that the voice had called out to him stronger than anyone else and I was sorry that he had to endure this.
"We all have to face sin alone. No one can help us except for ourselves and God."
"I don't believe in God," there was sweat building on his brow.
"Maybe you should." I replied and then left. I went up the stairs to be with Jordan, Sophia and Josh. They were all in the kitchen. I smiled when I saw Josh, he looked more normal now, the shadows were gone from under his eyes and his soul seemed almost clean of the devil haunting the three of us. I helped myself to coffee which Jordan was nice enough to continuously make for me. I was sort of a heavy coffee drinker, if ya wanted to know the truth. I absolutely loved coffee and you could pretty much always find me drinking it.
"Good morning, Jordan, Josh. Hello Sophia." I said with a smile.
"How is he?" Josh asked.
At least he was starting to care about something now!
"He's fighting it....sorta. Is it normal that he wants to kill everyone?"
Without hesitation they both replied, "Yes."
I wasn't as shocked as I thought I would be yet I still felt bad that I was the target of his insults...and his desires. I politely asked for a pair of scissors which Josh handed me. I pulled out a bunch of gauze from my back pocket which I wrapped a couple of times around each of my wrists. This was so I could make things easier for the both of them, not like it would be easier for me, but if I could protect two souls then I think I could endure some torture of my own. The fire started getting hotter and hotter with no place to go. So I just grinned and kept drinking my coffee, they didn't need to know how much it hurt. I was on my second cup and listening to Jordan and Josh talking about how they met and how they met everybody else and they spoke of a vampire group called the Volturri. I was enjoying the story, save for a few bloody details, when I heard the basement door close. I looked up and watched Gabriel come into the room with the metal shackles still on his wrist. He casually sat down next to me and asked Jordan if she had any blood in the house. She did. We all just stared for a bit and watched him drink the blood he was given. He finished rather quickly and then it was his turn to watch me, or rather, my wrists. I drank my coffee and tried to pay very little attention to him. I guess he didn't like the silence since he then spoke.
"You covered your wrists." He noted.
"Yeah, I thought it would be easier for you two. Yours are covered as well." I joke.
Sophia smiled and I couldn't help but laugh, how innocent she was! She really didn't care what was going on, she didn't have to.
"Yeah. Can you take them off?"
I nodded and pulled a key from my pocket. The shackles were gone instantly and his wrists were now exposed. They were red and raw from all the angels dust. I grabbed his left wrist and wrapped it in gauze and did the same with his right, they were both a little bloody. And if I looked anything like he did, it kind of looked we had tried to slice open our wrists and commit suicide.
"Want to teach me latin?" He asked. I really wasn't expecting more of a conversation from him, and if I was, then it certainly wouldn't be that.
"Sure." I really couldn't think of anything better to do.
I took some paper and a pen and Gabriel followed me into the living room.
"Let's start with the latin alphabet..."
I drew out each letter for him and explained all I knew.
-Rhoan Boulevardi

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum