Tales of the Lost
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Tales of the Lost

The Secret!

You are not connected. Please login or register

GHOSTS...

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1GHOSTS...     Empty GHOSTS... Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:41 pm

Gabriel*and*Alice

Admin

GHOSTS...
June 19th, 2011
I still can't get over how exciting and wonderful it is to have a baby here! Sophia is a real cutie and she'll be perfect here. Anyway, we got a call from Valentina and Demetri asking how everyone was and of course, Faine told them I was back. So they asked to speak with me. I took the odd device, the cell phone, from Faine.
"Hello?"
"Gabriel!" They both shouted.
We talked a little bit and then Valentina asked if I would come visit them?
"London is a lovely place! I bet you would enjoy it! Please come?" She asked.
So I agreed, I said I would get on the next flight out. This isn't really a social call, I thought I could pick up a few things about Sophia while I was there too.
I hung up and grabbed my duster.
"I'm off to London for a little bit. Be back when I decide to come back."
They laughed at my stiffness and I ran all the way to the airport. What great timing I have! The flight was just about to leave when I stepped on. With only minimal difficulty, I was able to locate my seat. Unfortunately, I was stuck sitting next to someone. He was, I'm guessing, around 24, with shaggy brown hair and stubble on his face. He was dressed....rather oddly....tight jeans stained a magenta color, a black button up shirt with the sleeves rolled up to his elbow and a bright purple tie loose around his neck.
"My name is Rhoan. And you are?" He held out his hand to me.
"Gabriel," I said cautiously while taking his hand.
"A pleasure to meet you." We were up in the air now and the stewardesses were coming down the aisle, "Do you drink, Gabriel?" He asks.
Without meaning to, I reply instantly, "Yes."
"Oh good." Rhoan says with a smile.
He orders us something that looks bright and fruity.
"What is it?" I ask him.
"My own creation. You can't hardly tell there is alcohol in there until its too late. So don't drink to many." He says.
I taste the odd looking beverage, the fruit doesn't taste right (but that's because I'm a vampire) but the alcohol is definitely there. I taste that.
"So what is bringing you to London?" Rhoan asks.
Does he not leave people alone?
"Visiting -er- friends. And, uh, research."
That gets him excited, "Ooo! Research on what?"
He isn't curious in the scientist kind of way, just curious in the bored kind of way.
"Folk tales. Legends. But, um, why do you care?"
He finished the rest of his drink, "I dunno. I just do. What kind of legends are you looking for?" All the sudden, he seems younger and more mischievous than a few minutes ago.
"How old are you?" I ask rather rudely.
He looks bored as hell, "Of all questions to ask, you ask that one?"
"That's the one I need answered."
He groans a bit which, again, makes me wonder his age, "Twenty four."
"That's a lie."
"Twenty one?"
"Keep going, Rhoan."
"Seventeen?" He started laughing, "No. Seriously I'm twenty three, but everyone thinks I'm seventeen a) because I look like it and b) because I act like it."
He did look seventeen, and acted like seven, but there was something in him that seemed much older.
We sat in silence for a while, which was nice, Rhoan had this odd voice. It was fine and all but sometimes sounded like he was whining even when he wasn't.
Out of the corner of my eye, something moved. I looked out the small window but saw nothing. And then I saw it again, a blur against the night sky, had me looking every where. But the object didn't want to be seen until it was ready to show itself. What I was seeing appeared suddenly in the window beside me, what I saw made me jump. It was Jane, no doubt about that, but it was an old rotting corpse version which terrified me. Rhoan sensed my discomfort.
"What's your trouble? Does it spook you looking out these damn windows? Spooks me too." He reaches over me and shuts the shade.
"There. Trouble's gone."
But that didn't make me feel better.
"Still shaken? Here, have another." He says forcing a drink into my hand.
I accept it and wonder why he even cares so much?
"Your still spooked, mate. Here let me help." He grabs my free hand and kind of holds it for a while.
"Erm- what are you doing?" I was quite uncomfortable with this.
Was Rhoan gay?!
"Shhh! Don't speak." He snapped.
Oh my, he definitely is gay.
"Shut up, I am not-"
"How did you know what I was thinking?" I yanked my hand away from him.
"Oh, uh, are you sure you didn't say that out loud?"
"Yes," I replied immediately.
"Well, I'm not gay. I was reading your palm. I'm kind of a psychic." He whispered.
Okay, this kid was playing with me. Psychics?!? What's next? Ghosts and goblins?! Hah! As if!
"You seem pretty cool with it, are you all right?" I'm a vampire, why do I care if you're a psychic?! More like psycho!!!
"I'm fine. Still scared from the-uh- ghost."
Th woman behind us turned around and her face became that of my dead wife's. I jumped again and started shaking.
Dimly, I was aware of Rhoan's voice, "Yeah, he's just a bit upset. Poor boy lost his granny and all this morning. We'll stop with the scaring of your kids now."
I close my eyes.
I count to 10.
And open them.
The entire plane is filled with zombies and rotting corpses. Even the smell begins to fill my nose.
I keep blinking, trying to scare away the horrifying image. What was even more horrifying was that these were all people I've killed, a part of me recognized that.
"Do you see the dead people too?" I asked Rhoan.
Now it was his turn to look at me like I had 5 heads, "I said I was psychic, not insane! Should you get your head checked, mate?"
I buried my face in my hands and stayed like that until we landed. I sat and relaxed as everyone rushed to get their bags and get off the plane.
The plane was almost empty before I realized Rhoan was still sitting next to me. With his hands clasped in his lap and looking straight ahead.
"Oh, I didn't notice you still sitting here. I'm sorry."
"I have that affect on people. I don't mind."
We sit in silence for a while longer, me waiting for him to say something and him....well, who knew what he was going to do next?
"I hope you enjoy your trip in London. Stay off the back streets, that's where the werewolves like to play."
I look up at him but he isn't there. Completely gone. Did I imagine him too? Is he one of my ghosts as well?

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]