Tales of the Lost
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Tales of the Lost

The Secret!

You are not connected. Please login or register

The rescue

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1The rescue Empty The rescue Sat Apr 23, 2011 9:19 pm

Admin

Admin
Admin

I felt hugely relieved to see Hazel and Malachi. I felt I was safe for now. They had even got a cot, a high chair, a stroller and some clothes for Vera. Hazel knew I was coming and I had planned on getting what I needed in New York. There is a great store called JC Penney’s that I know was there from the last time we had visited New York. I was glad that Vera had welcomed my friends so easily too. That made me feel I had made the right choice. Faine rang Hazel a while ago to see that I was safe. I overheard Hazel telling her about my phone. I had asked Hazel not to tell my family about anything because I don’t want to get them involved. Especially not with Jordan expecting a human baby. I didn’t want anyone getting hurt or killed because of me. Even though I longed to see their faces and to feel their arms hugging me and telling me it’ll be fine and will all work out. I looked at Vera speaking fitfully in her sleep. I reached out my finger to her and she gripped it tightly, relaxing a little. I know she was having a vision in her dream and felt a chill of dread creep up my spine. Bastien! God! I hope he’s okay. What will they do to him for helping us to escape? God please don’t let them hurt him. Vera says he never stopped loving me that he had to say what he did to protect me. Suddenly Vera’s eyes opened up and when she spoke it was Bastien’s voice calling VERA at the top of her/his lungs and then she was asleep again. I was totally freaked out. Her eyes are just like his and for a split second I was looking into his eyes. That was so weird. How was that even possible? Hazel and Malachi came into the room and with one finger beckoned me out of the room to follow her. I was beside myself with worry, brows knotted together, wrenching my hands wondering what the hell had just happened. Hazel put her hand on my shoulder and I felt all the anxiety rush down through my body and out my feet and following that was a white light surrounding me and I felt instantly calm.
“Don’t worry Lottie; Vera will explain it all to you when she wakes. But Bastien is safe don’t worry. They can’t harm him unless they catch you. They don’t know about Vera so relax my dear. So I did and let her heal me.
“Hazel, I’ve been so worried, I thought he hated me but Vera said he did it to protect me.
“Yes that is true, he owes a debt of life to the man or so he believes anyway, the truth will be out shortly and you’re to trust all that happens and believe that it will all work out and you will be with Bastien and raise the lovely Vera in the near future.” I looked at her with slight envy. I’d love to be able to see the future so easily.
“Are you absolutely certain?”
“Yes, you will have your happily ever after Lottie, but some odd things will happen before that. Just trust me ok.” I nodded and then heard Vera calling me.
“Mommy, I need to tell you something.” She was drenched in sweat so I went and picked her up and changed her nappy and into some fresh clothes.
“Now, my love, talk to me.”
“Mommy, the man who has Bastien is sending some men to get you and take you back so Bastien can kill you. Mommy, you must go. Bastien will not kill you, there are others helping Alec and Faine and you will help too. You must leave me here. They don’t know I exist yet. Demitri and Valentina will come and get me and bring me to you.”
I stared at her gobsmacked wondering what else my little girl had seen. She smiled at me and said that Bastien, her dad (and she smiled when she said that) which made me feel hopeful, had called out to her and she felt it vibrate through her.
“I know, your eyes opened and you screamed out your name in his voice, it was creepy.”
“Mom, there are light forces coming, all will be well, you just have to trust me.”
“You mean like angels?” She shook her head but was still smiling…….
“Different” was all she said. I took her into my arms and cradled her tightly and running my hand over her hair and snuggling her neck with my nose, making her giggle. Kissing her cheek I whispered
“I do trust you hun, I’m just worried about you, who will mind you if………if…..anything happens to me…..i stuttered anxiously again?”
“Mommy, trust me nothing will happen, you have to believe all will be well.”
“How long before they come for me?” I asked nervously.
“I’m not sure but one of them has a scar and is a man and the other is a man too. You will not be able to help yourself, you’ll just have to go, but mommy ... don’t let him read your mind or he’ll find me.”
“Ok” I replied as Hazel walked in and handed me a pint glass full of blood. As I drank it back Malachi came in with 2 more pints of it. I raised one eyebrow at him knowing his hatred of this from Valentina but he just shrugged his shoulders and gave me a half smile. I drank those too while Vera was guzzling a bottle of milk that Hazel had brought in to her. I relayed the story that Vera had told me. Hazel nodded her head in my direction and said
“I had a similar vision Lottie. It will be fine as I’ve already told you.”
“Should I let them find me then and where do I have to go to find them? You’re sure they don’t know about Vera?”
“Yes, I am positive Lottie, I’m totally sure.”
“Demitri and Valentina are on the way they’ll be here tomorrow; they will get a phone call from Alec shortly to come and get Vera then on the way here.”
“It’s tomorrow, you will be going tomorrow” Vera said suddenly staring off into the distance, her little dark eyes glazed over like she could see it.
“Who told you?” I asked her.
“A lady with black eyes did momma, she’s pretty. She said just play along like you’re scared and all will be well.”
“Ok” I say in a shaky voice and then spent the rest of the day spending as much time as I could with Vera, relying on Malachi and Hazel to bring me blood. I felt like such a wimp, having guardian angels hunt for me. But I didn’t want to miss a single moment with my daughter. Not knowing for how long I’d be gone for. What kind of torture I would have to go through before I would be able to hold my baby in my arms again. Bastien was ripped from me, would he even want me anymore now that I had a human child, ok I know it’s his child but knowing how he reacted to the kid I saw in the meadow and how he wanted to kill it, I didn’t know if he wanted me plus a kid. Well if he didn’t there would be no choosing, I’d pick Vera immediately. I couldn’t live without my little girl. I would have to seek out death and plunge into it willingly. Ok I’m being dramatic; Vera will tell me that all would be well. But I can’t help b being a little doubting Thomas. Who was the woman with the dark eyes? Was she the light force helping us? So many questions and no answers that were swimming around in my head. It was driving me crazy. I put Vera back down in her cot for her nap and discussed my options with Hazel.
“You know Lottie, there are bigger things at stake here, and I know you are worried about things, but you have to just trust in the higher power on this one ok……..” I nodded, looking glumly out the window, not really seeing anything. I began to think about Bastien and how it must have hurt him to leave me knowing how he was destroying another piece of me. He really must love me and was trying to protect me like that. I ached then to feel his arms hugging me tight. I loved him too and missed his company and even just having him hold my hand or lean into me to let me know he was nearby if I needed him. I wondered what way there were torturing him and that filled me with rage. I asked God why life was so unfair. If Bastien refused to kill me would someone else do it just to kill him inside? Who’d mind Vera then I wondered. I heard Vera calling me and I rushed her side. Her brown eyes looking up to me with sadness so much like Bastian.
“Yes my love, what is it pet?” I asked as I hugged her close to my chest.
“Mamma, I love you, it’s time for you to go but I’ll see you tonight and daddy too.” She said. Then she said
“Mamma, Valentina is nearly here to get me now.” I gasped and whispered
“Nooooooo already…..but…..”
“Go now momma, I love you and by this tomorrow it will all be over.” I nodded sadly and kissed the top of her head and then her eyes, nose and cheeks. Hazel came in with a sad smile on her face and hugged me tightly and kissed my cheek and told me to be brave. I felt so nervous and tense as I let myself out the front door, then I thought I have to get far from Vera and Hazel and Malachi to protect them and keep them safe so they don’t get captured too. Tonight! Tonight Vera said it will all be over. That was so strange, but she’s never wrong so I have to trust her. She said to clear my mind just in case my kidnappers could read my mind. Didn’t want them spoiling all the fun. I no sooner had my barrier up than I felt two sets of arms grabbing my shoulders. I pretended to look around in shock.
“Lottie O’Connor I presume” said an evil looking man with a sneering mouth and an ugly scar slashed across his face. His red eyes glowing. I take it he had just fed. I immediately felt uncomfortable like there was pressure on my brain. I knew he was probing my thoughts. I didn’t trust him not even for a second. The other guy didn’t appear to be much better but I sensed he wasn’t as cruel as the first one.
“Who wants to know?” I said bravely.
“Never mind, but you’re gonna come along with us and keep your mouth shut while you’re at it.”
“Who do you think you are picking on innocent girls on the street” I demanded.
“You’re worst nightmare sugar!” he said leeringly into my face, his nose inches away from mine, his arm pressed hard against my throat. I looked at him and gave a little shiver like I was nervous but instead had decided that his fate would lie in my hands.
“Where are you taking me?” God I should get an Oscar, they think I’m terrified of them, with my barrier up he can’t read my mind but I wasn’t taking any chances. Huh, it was all I could do to hide my smirk from them so I lowered my head keeping my eyes downcast after he lowered his arms.
“Huh, they’re all the same Tayly, fucking women.” He sneered again. The two of them took me forcibly down an alley. The scarred one was squeezing my arm unnecessarily tight, not that it hurt but I guess he just wanted to prove to me that he was in charge. The other guy held my other arm but more to guide me than forcing me. When this was all over SCARFACE was going down big-time. The other guy, I think Scarface called him Tayly or something looked at me and shook his head slightly as if to warn me of something. Oh right my thoughts. I nodded at him almost imperceptibly but I know he saw it, because he relaxed his hold on my arm. I started thinking about the first thing that popped into my head. We passed a grocers’ shop and I saw a sign that read half price on grapes and it reminded me of the duck song on YouTube that I had watched once back home. The silly duck kept asking the shop keeper that sold lemonade
“Got any grapes.” I smirked as I slowly bopped my head in time to the song in my head. I could see Scarface looking at me like I had suddenly gone mental. I smirked at Tayly and he let out a half smirk. Scarface dragged me to a car they had parked and shoved me into the back seat and sneered again as he said
“Buckle up bitch” and laughed evilly at me. Tayly seemed to be ignoring him. I wonder if he had to go on trips like this often. He shook his head knowing I was staring at the back of it. I reigned in my thoughts again and went back to my lame ass songs.
“Waddle waddle, bom, bom, bom, bom, waddle until the very next day…got any grapes…” la la la la la I hummed away just under my breath and kept doing it until we reached Scotland. By know I know I was driving Scarface nuts with the lyrics. I hope the song is stuck in his useless mind forever. I sniggered. I was dragged into what looked like a square yard. A man I could only assume was Brian was standing there with a big smile on his face.
“Lottie O’Connor I believe, so we finally meet. Come here till I get a proper look at ya love, he said to me in a joyful voice, but there was something of an edge to his voice that made me want to gulp and head for the hills. But I could smell Bastien. I would stand my ground and do it for him.
“Yes, I’m Lottie O’Connor and you are?” I asked looking him right in the eyes. I tried hard not to tremble. My barrier was on full alert and if he touched my arm he’d get burned. I noticed Tayly nearby and he gave me a warning look again so I started singing my grape song in my head again. Brian gave me a puzzled look. He called Scarface up to him and said
“Are you sure it’s the right girl, they only thing going on in this one’s head is some dam grape song. “ Scarface said he was certain so Brian ordered him to get Bastien. Thank god I wasn’t human because the sudden increase in my heart beat would have given me away the minute I laid eyes on my Bastien. I forced myself not to react to Bastien in any way. Another Oscar coming to me ha….my clever grape song bom bom bom bomb quite catchy. I carried on singing while pretending that Bastien, the love of my life, other than Vera was standing inches away from me.
“NOW!” declared Brian.
“Bastien I have found out your little secret to try and gang up on me with Sean who has been lit up like a firecracker and is no longer on our side of hell. He told me who else was involved in your little racket, so as you are the last survivor I have a little test for you to prove your loyalty to me and also what you would do to save your own neck. Other vampires crowed around at the beckoning of Brian who spoke up with an important pompous voice.
“Now see here! Anyone who thinks they can rule over me and get rid of me will pay the consequences dearly. Bastien here is going to kill his girlfriend here to prove how loyal he is to me in order for me to spare his life.
“NO, YOU CAN’T MAKE ME. I WON’T DO IT BRIAN, SHE’S DONE NOTHING WRONG. KILL ME INSTEAD.” Bastien roared as he was dragged over to me by Scarface and some other vamp I hadn’t had the ‘pleasure’ of meeting before.
“Now Bastien put your hands around her neck and pull hard and then I might not kill your daughter!”
“Nooooooo, we both shouted. How did he find out about her? I screamed closing my eyes tight trying to block all images from my head. I saw Bastien do the same.
“I’m gonna take out your family one by one Bastien, pick em off like flies and they will all know it’s because of you. They will be trying to kill you themselves. They will blame you forever!”
“But I can’t kill Lottie, I love her. Why not let her live peacefully and away from me? She won’t bother us again. I know I can get her to promise that Brian please, I beg of you.” Brian stomped over to me and pushed Bastien away and put his hands around my throat and Bastien shrieked
“Noooooooooooooo, Brian get your hands off of her and he pushed him away. Scarface stepped in then and pushed Bastien off Brian.
“It’s ok Bastien, just get it over with” I said suddenly. I turned off my barrier. I smelled Vera and Faine and Alec and Valentina and Demitri and all of the Cullen’s coming nearby. So did Bastien and he hid a smile. I threw my voice into faine’s head and said
“Perfect timing”. Edward I knew would have heard me too. Bastien rushed over to me and put his hands on my neck, not to twist it off my shoulders as Brian had suggested but to make sure I was unharmed. I closed my eyes and let the thrill of his warm soft fingers touching me course through me as I felt his gentle caress. I did my bit and closed my eyes tight. I was waiting for the end. I muttered to Bastien that I loved him and heard his loving reply and then the next thing was Alec came marching up with orange glowing eyes and ordered Brian to stop but he had a woman’s voice and Brian looked around in shock. Bastien moved his hands to my waist and muttered
“We’re saved!” quietly in my ear, only I could hear him.
“Take his gift now” I muttered at which point he stared at Brian and stripped him of his gift. Brian stared crossly around at all of us and demanded to know who was so bold to interrupt his court. I nearly sniggered out loud. His entire so called posse had deserted him. Some woman was speaking through Alec. Vera reached out to me as Alec stepped forward. I cradled my little angel in my arms and felt Bastien’s arms accept her in for a cuddle. I suddenly felt free and very happy. The two people I love the most in my life are here with me ….safe……. A strange white mist seemed to cover Alec and Brian and I couldn’t hear what was being said. I looked into Bastien’s red eyes hungrily wishing we were alone and out of danger.
“I’m so sorry Lottie, forgive me please, I love you so much. Please Lottie, please.” He begged me with a look of sadness in his eyes like he was expecting rejection.
“You’re kidding me” I said to him. “You think you need forgiveness? Bastien honey, I have just travelled from New York to Scotland to come and save your ass, of course I forgive you, the second Vera told me why you had to leave me I forgave you. I love you, you silly man, come here and kiss me, you’re forgiven. He leaned over and kissed my lips and instantly the time we were apart disappeared like a bad dream and it’s as if we were never apart. I’m so happy, I could float away on a cloud of happiness.
“Oh and by the way Bastien, meet your beautiful daughter Vera.” He caught her little hand and kissed it and bowed slightly and said
“How do you do madam” she giggled. This felt totally surreal with all that was going on around us and here we were acting like a couple of sillies. Vera reached out to Bastien and he took her in her arms and hugged her tightly. Suddenly another man joined Alec and Brian and the vampires that came with him disappeared much like the others had and suddenly the mist turned orange. I really wondered what was going on in there but I just couldn’t hear. As the second man had passed by, Bastien had stolen his gifts too and we could see him fall to his knees.
“That is Ronan, Brian’s arch nemesis apparently” said Bastien.
I finally remember the rest of my family were here so happy and blissful was I =. I looked over at Faine and the others and saw a green shield covering them, Bella was using her shield. I figured I’d protect my little family too so I drew a white circle around the three of us and felt snug as soon as the circle closed. Bastien looked at me then with the smile he saves for only me, the one that makes me feel like I’m the only girl in the world for him. Oh god I missed that look. I smiled back and felt his arm snuggle me closer. Vera had a happy look on her face and we both heard her mutter “Daddy” as she snuggled into his arm. Bastien’s grin got huge then.
The orange mist disappeared and Alec looked like Alec again and returned to us. Brian and Ronan had disappeared. I looked at my family in fear suddenly as the other vampires started crowding around us and Scarface mead a beeline for me screaming at me, but no sooner had he even thought about coming towards me than he was on the ground writhing in agony and screaming blue murder. I looked around wondering who was causing this. Bastien looked puzzled. Suddenly Scarface was dead. Body totally intact but completely dead. I looked around in amazement. No-one had touched him. Then Vera piped up and said
“There you go now mommy and daddy, ye are safe, and he won’t bother us ever again.” MY DAUGHTER HAD DONE THIS TO HIM??????” WOW, I was impressed, what a wonderful gift to have.
“Burn him now and the other guy that was being mean to my daddy too, he’s over there in that building with the red door.” Bastien stared at her in shock and then looked like a light went on over his head. Lucy went over to Scarface and kicked him and then spat on him screaming
“You killed my dad, I hate you, and I hope you rot in hell.”
“Bastien and Lottie are Brian and Ronan’s offspring – they are the new clan leaders.” My one year old daughter declared. Bastien and I stared at her again in shock. Bastien began to shrug his shoulders and shake his head and deny it but Vera said
“You’re parents never told you that they found you abandoned on the side of their garden, so they raised you as their own, but Ronan is definitely is your dad and Brian is your dad momma.” Lucy McBride and some man called Sean came up to us and got down on one knee each and bowed before us. I wondered why.
“May I have permission to speak please Mistress Lottie.” Asked Lucy.
“Yes” I replied. She stood up and said
“Attention all of you please,” Sean stood up beside her.
“Brian and Ronan have returned to wherever they came from. Lottie and Bastien are indeed the rulers of our clans.” There were cheers and loud clapping and patting each other’s on the back. A good looking guy whom Bastien greeted warmly called Luke came over and shook hands with Bastien and smiled at me and bowed a little. What’s with all this bowing? Luke addressed us then.
“Bastien, I welcome you as our clan leader and your lovely wife and child too.” (Bastien didn’t correct him which sent shivers of glee down my spine.) “We need a fresh way of life. So many of us have lived in fear for our lives these past decades. As you know we have many defectors who are on their way here as we speak. We do not wish to continue to fight our brothers and sisters and spouses anymore. I lost my beloved Annie a few months ago and I’m tired of getting revenge for her death. My hatred died with the disappearance of Ronan and Brian. They are not ever coming back are they?” he asked worriedly looking at Vera, she shook her head smiling up at him and said.
“Brian and Ronan have become the one man again and gone back to where they belong they will not bother us again.” A round of cheers followed this statement. Carlisle and Alice came forward then and Carlisle told us he had to go and fulfil Jez’s last wishes to Jordan and asked if I minded them leaving. I looked at Bastien and he nodded. I hugged them all and said
“Thank you all of you, my family and my friends for lending us your support during our time of crisis. That has been cleared up now and it’s ok if you all wish to go home. All will be well here and we’ll be along soon. Give our love to Jordan and josh and their new baby.” I said.
They thanked us and waved goodbye to the new vamps and turned and ran off.
“I looked to Sean and asked if there was somewhere that I could change Vera and feed her.
“Sure,” he said “follow me.” and he led us to a huge house. “Make yourselves at home.”
“Great, just give me about half an hour and we’ll talk this through with you all and find a proper solution. He agreed and left us.
I was in the middle of changing Vera’s nappy and clothes when I felt Bastien’s arms snake around my waist as he cuddled up close to my back.
“Oh my God, Lottie I thought I’d never get the chance to do this to you again, it nearly killed me to leave you the way I did.” I finished dressing Vera as quickly as I could and then I sat her on the floor and then turned to Bastien and wrapped my arms tightly around the back of his head and pulled him in close for a deep passionate kiss. His eyes closed as he got closer to my face and I let out all the love that I felt for him come spilling out so by the end of the kiss he knew he was proper forgiven.
“Sorry Vera darling, but I just had to kiss mommy. You don’t mind do you he giggled.” She giggled and held out her hands to him.
“Okay daddy daughter kissy time” and with that he covered every inch of her face and neck in loud sounding kisses and nibbled her neck until she squealed with giggles.
“Love you baby” he said to her as he nuzzled into her neck.
“Hey, how come she doesn’t smell human Lottie?”
“Well she’s got your blood in her so I guess she’s part vampire. I dunno she’s never smelled like a human to me ever.”
“Goodie” he said. Then he stood behind me and using me as a shield started playing peek-a-boo with her peaking over my shoulders and under my arms, kissing me on the back in between each time. If he wasn’t careful he’d have to go upstairs with me for a few minutes and I think he became very aware of that suddenly and had the decency to apologise
“Ooopps silly mommy wants daddy all to herself” and giggled like a little kid.
“Mmmmmmm” was my retort! I went and started preparing something for Vera to eat surprised at how well stocked with food that Brian’s kitchen was for a vampire I expected to find blood everywhere instead, as I let my two children play on the floor. The adorable giggles coming from both of them warmed my heart. I wonder if I could buy some land from Faine so we could build a house nearby. After all this commotion I just want to be near the ones I love. Half an hour later we were ready to continue our meeting again. Vera had settled down in Bastien’s arms and had fallen asleep in them. He kept rocking her ever so gently as if we were in a boat rocking in the sea. I felt at peace again, happy and contented. All the vampires were together in the courtyard and I noticed that Luke had an amazing look of wonder on his face as looked at a young woman who seemed to be stuck to his body like Bastien was to mine.
“I’m guessing this is Annie!” I said smiling at Luke.
“Yes,” he said, his voice still full of wonder.
“Nearly every one of us are here and accounted for bar the few that Maurice killed but he’s gone and we can’t take revenge on him anymore. How did he die? I’ve never seen anything like that happen before.” He said.
“I have” said Bastien, but I couldn’t figure out how he died.”
“It was Vera Bastien, she did it. A strange thing happened when she was asleep one night, she screamed out her name at the top of her lungs but it was in your voice. It totally freaked me out” I said.
“Wow, that’s the night that the other guy died. I was completely freaked out too.” He smiled down at the little precious bundle in his arms and whispered “thanks baby.” She returned a little smile playing on her lips, which made me wonder if she was asleep after all. Little fairy! She smiled some more and whispered
“Sophia is gonna be all better!” I glanced at Bastien with one eyebrow cocked up and he just shrugged his shoulders. Back to the matter in hand.
All the vampires decided that they would prefer to stay here and make it one big communal home so that both clans can be reunited with their loved ones. Sean and Kate would be acting as deputy clan leaders as Bastien and I agreed it was time for us to go home. We would go back regularly to visit but right now Bastien wanted to leave the place where it had become a prison for him for so long. We ordered one thing only and that was all the holding cells were to be knocked down and the rubble removed and for flowers and trees to be planted in their place. We left then happily waving as we went.
“I have an idea said Bastien giggling as he steered me to the pier. I smiled at him and said
“We can’t swim home, in case you’ve forgotten dear our Vera needs air to breathe. It felt great saying OUR Vera.
“Yes smarty pants” he said to me “I know that , but she likes being rocked, so we’re gonna buy a little sailboat and even if it’s not windy there’ll be no problem” he said pointing to his legs. I giggled again infected by his good humour and Vera was grinning at us both. It seems she like the idea immensely.

Bastien bought a gorgeous little red dinghy with white and blue sails. I snorted out a laugh and said
“Yank!” to him, he turned his tongue out at me.
“Have you ever gone sailing Lottie?” he asked mischievously. I shook my head.
“Well you gonna love this “ and we set sail. The little boat bobbing on the water. I loved the freedom of it with just the sky and the water all around us. I felt like a dot in one of Georges Seurat’s paintings. We docked near the little cove in Annagh, near the cemetery and pulled the boat far up into the dunes because we got some very high tides here. I only just spotted the name of the boat and thought it suited my mood perfectly……”SEA OF TRANQUILITY”………….nearly home!

https://talesofthelost.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum