Tales of the Lost
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Tales of the Lost

The Secret!

You are not connected. Please login or register

The unusual stone

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1The unusual stone Empty The unusual stone Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:27 am

Admin

Admin
Admin

I really hate Jordan right now. She has caused so much trouble in our family. Upsetting Faine and hunting our family away all for that bloody kid. I knew that having a human kid in our family would drive a wedge between us all. I’ve gone along with Faine to keep a quiet front but in reality I sense trouble from that kid. She’s hardly born and already she’s caused so much hatred in our family unit. It broke my heart to see Faine so upset and sobbing at a time when she should be happy. And Lottie is another one I’m mad at. Faine told me to let her go but since Bastien left all she did was care about herself and run away. You gotta face your problems head on. Faine was beside herself with worry and sadness from her leaving and then Jordan comes home with jez who didn’t smell like human. I wondered about that and me and Edward did some research on her but found nothing. There was something about witches but we both burst out laughing when we saw that.
“Sure ya, she’s a witch!” giggled Edward and was bent over laughing his head off in stitches for a few minutes. I cracked up laughing with him. We both smirked and Edward said
“ya that’s like saying there’s such things as fairies and pixie’s, I’ve been in around woods for over a 100 years and I’ve never seen one” and we cracked up laughing all over again. We were getting strange looks from the people sitting nearby and the librarian came and shushed us for the 4th time and reminded us to keep silent…….i muttered to Edward
“Of course….keep silent…..i forgot we were in a morgue…guess we better not breathe either.” We both burst out laughing again and were hunted by the librarian, a mouldy old woman with white hair pulled so tightly at the back of her head it made her face look like she had a serious dose of Botox or as Edward said she taped her cheekbones back to her ears so she’d look younger. We were doubled over laughing at that again and it was great no pains in the stomach when you laugh too much. We sauntered along and found a park and went in and sat down and began to chat about silly everyday things. I asked him what kind of things he and family did when they were relaxing between battles. He gave me a look that made me laugh. His eyebrow cocked up on one side and I smirked at him and said
“Well besides that smart ass.”
“Oh right!” he giggled. I punched his arm.
“Well I guess we go away camping a lot and hiking as well as hunting and sometimes we go visiting our friends or we go off with our respective spouses on little vacations, but with Nessie in school now we kind of hang around and do little projects.”
“Like what?” I wondered. Of course he read my mind.
“Like well I like to compose and play the piano and emmet and Rosalie like tinkering with cars engines, Carlisle is a doctor, but you know that already and Esme likes to decorate houses and gardens and Alice likes fashion and jazz likes to paint.”
“How about Bella?” I asked.
“She likes to cook and take care of her dad even though Sue is taking over that role now but she still likes to take care of folks….she’s still mentally human.”
“Wow, really, that’s cool, I guess I like to draw and paint. Me and Faine recently went walking under the sea and I was mesmerised by all that I saw and we want to paint it in our living room along with the sea creatures we saw. I’ve done some preliminary sketches but I need to get it on the wall too. Faine was so cute under the water and I want to capture her on the wall too but not as a person, any ideas on how I could portray her?”
“How about a mermaid sitting on a rock? With all that hair she could easily pass for one” he said in an admiring voice.
“Ya thought about that already as you already know” I said laughing at his mind reading gift. “Hmmmm maybe I should deaden my senses and see what you come up with for a change.” I giggled again. Now it was his turn to punch my shoulder. I rubbed it pretending it hurt and he cracked up laughing at me again …….
“Seriously, any ideas are good I’m stumped…..”
“How about a pearl with her eyes as the shade or light?”
“Wow, that’s epic I can just see that, thanks Edward that’s what I’ll do.” I grinned stupidly at him. We got up and walked towards home and as we were walking along the road I heard a car pull up alongside us. I turned and saw an old man wheezing at his steering wheel and he rolled the window of his really bad looking car, which had seen better days. I’m surprised the window opened at all. He coughed noisily a few times and wheezed a few times.
“Excuse me boys would ye be able to tell me the way to Tralee, I’ve got a bit lost.” He hocked up big phlegm and spat it out the window. There was blood in it and I looked back at Edward. He just looked sorry and shook his head, shrugging his shoulders.
“Sure, it’s down the road there for about 5 miles and take the first turn to your left after the roundabout. There’s a big fountain there you can’t miss it.”
“Thanks sonny,” he said and went off into a fit of coughing again. He hadn’t driven far when we heard the screech of brakes and we both ran to the spot where there were two cars and the man’s was stuck into a ditch but the other was bent in a really bad angle and the driver, a pretty girl was trapped. I smelled the fumes and knew the car was gonna explode. Edward pulled the man’s car back out of the ditch and I pulled the door off the car of the girl. Edward came and gently pulled the steering wheel off the girl and I bent the metal bit back on the car door back from her leg and we brought her of the car and laid her down in the seat next to the man in his car and then Edward and I bent her car up a bit and flung it into the canal nearby. It exploded seconds later and Edward called Carlisle but his phone was out of range so he left a message. We checked the man but he was dead. Edward said he must have lost conscious whilst coughing so much and then crashed into the girl and then the ditch.
“She’s losing a lot of blood, we need to get her to the casualty now Alec” Edward said.
“How about the coughing man?” I asked.
“Bring him too. Or call 999 and give his location. I’ll take her now.” He said. And he just shot off with the girl held carefully in his arms. I stayed with the dead man and rang the emergency crew and said that a man had crashed after he slumped over the wheel and then I pushed his car in again. I also reported that there was a car explosion in the canal nearby and that I didn’t know if there were any survivors there or not. I could hardly say that Edward was at the present time running her into casualty. They’d have locked me up for madness. I don’t know why I was so anxious about the girl. I looked at my watch and saw that it had been five minutes since Edward and left with her. I tried ringing him a few times but the phone must have been switched off. I wished the ambulance would get here for the man; poor guy must have passed out or choked while coughing. His blood smelled foul and even if I was dying with thirst myself I couldn’t bring myself to even taste him. I looked at his lifeless body frozen in time, hands white and clenched onto the steering wheel, eyes bulging in his head and a wide open mouth frozen in an open jawed cough that never came. I’d never smelled anything as foul as that. I began to search through his clothes for anything to identify him. I found nothing. The only thing I did find is a little tiny black pebble with a red dot in the middle under his left baby toe tucked into his sock. I took it and put it into my pocket. Next thing I heard sizzling and when I looked up the man was dissolving in front of my eyes. In a few seconds all that was left of him was his old brown suit. I just stared in amazement. I heard the sirens getting closer now and didn’t know what to do. They’d think I was pranking them so I decided to go and join Edward instead. So I left in a blur passing the ambulance quickly. I thought how slow humans are, needing vehicles to transport them to any place with any bit of speed at all. I almost laughed at them but was too anxious. I almost flew to the hospital, I found Edward at the front door, pacing and looking puzzled. He was running his fingers through his hair. I went up to him and asked him what was wrong.
“Damned if I know!” he replied.
“What?”
“One minute she was in my arms crying in pain and dripping blood and the next she just disappeared and I had just got to the front door and she was like …………..poof………………..disappeared like magic” he said.
“Strange, same thing happened to me!” I said.
“Seriously?” he asked looking at me with a kind of relieved look as he took and unnecessary breath.
“Ya I was searching though the man's clothes for some ID and found only this” I said pulling out the little stone from my pocket.
“What the? This stone was black with a red dot in the middle and now it’s yellow?” I said to him
“What does this mean?” I said again. Edward shrugged his shoulders.
“I dunno Alec, let’s go show Carlisle but let’s keep this to ourselves in the meantime. Don’t want to worry anyone unnecessarily.”
“Deal” I replied and we turned and went home. As we approached my house Edward said
“See ya mate” and took off running up to where Bella was waiting for him. She looked happy to see him with a big smile on her face. I was happy for him, he deserved it, and he’s a genuinely nice guy.

https://talesofthelost.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum