Tales of the Lost
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Tales of the Lost

The Secret!

You are not connected. Please login or register

HIM...

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1HIM...       Empty HIM... Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:16 pm

Gabriel*and*Alice

Admin

HIM...
April 25th, 2011
I follow her gaze to a platform that wasn't there a few seconds ago. Its in the back of the room over looking the crowd. There is a large throne with a man sitting on it, he sits there looking relatively bored. And I wonder how someone can be so bored while watching this kind of dancing. His never ending black gaze is set upon me. He is tall with shaggy blonde, windblown hair. For some reason I begin to feel nervous and that feeling gets worse when I hear a voice in my head, 'Gabriel.' It says over and over.
Before I realize what is happening, Brielle is pulling me towards the man and the bartender is following behind us.
At last, I am standing in front of him with my escape blocked by the bartender.
"Gabriel, this is Rodrick, our king. Rodrick, this is Gabriel."
I feel powerless standing in front of him and I'm not sure why. He hasn't even moved yet, let alone blinked!
The song ends, Rodrick speaks, "Boo." The expression still comes across rather bored.
"I thought you didn't have a king? I thought you were in control of yourself? What kind of place is this?"
I try to run away from them all but I find myself somehow in a different room. Locked in a different room. And I haven't the slightest idea how I ended up there. I try ripping down the doors or tearing through the walls but its iron. Or something, something I can't get through. And there is no door, which makes me wonder how I got in here at all. I yell, but the room is soundproof. I start hearing that voice again, 'I see you didn't like my welcome, un-dead one.'
"Rodrick." I say.
As if on cue, he appears in front of me.
'Speak of the Devil and the Devil will come. Isn't that the expression they say these days.' I hear in my head.
"What's your deal? Don't you ever speak out loud?"
"Yes. Yes I do. As my dear Brielle said: I am the king here. Welcome to my bar, The Seven Deadly Sins. A place where vampires can be who they truly are and not hide from the mortals."
"Well, I don't know what century you are still stuck in but most of us don't hide anymore! We get out there and live our lives!"
"And that's exactly what you shouldn't do. That's what the mortals do. They "live their lives" as you put it. We're un-dead. We get to live someone elses life."
I agreed with this, fully and totally.
'Let's see what your power is.' Rodrick says in my head.
And then I feel as if my insides are being twisted, I feel like I'm being burned alive. And when it is all over, I look like that guy at the bar.
"Hh-mmm. The mind of the old vampires, the style of the new ones, and a power to be both." He says while circling me, "A shape shifter. We don't get any of those. How interesting."
I resume my vampire form again, "I guess I'm just one of a kind."
'You are.'
"So? What now?"
"You seem to be a corpse without a coffin." I give him a look that says I have no idea what the hell you are saying!
"You need a place to stay, yes?" I nod, "Good. I can help you with that. Come along." He disappears.
I wait for a few minutes and nothing happens, "Uh...Rodrick?"
He appears again.
'You were supposed to follow me.'
"So you are the transporter!"
"No, no. That's not me. That's the bartender, Reaper. Come." He is pulling me towards the wall and just before we hit it, we are gone. In another room.
I find myself surrounded by several other vampires.
'This is Brielle, Reaper, Lara, Arion, and Skye. And there is also Stormy who isn't here right now.'
There is silence for a second.
"Well, our guest must be hungry." Arion says. He picks up a bottle of Jack Daniels, "Here" he says.
I would have accepted it but it ended up halfway across the room when Rodrick lashed out at Arion. They snarl at each other and growl but Arion backs down.
"Let's go out." Reaper (the bartender) suggests.
All the sudden, we are outside. All of us except Rodrick.
We hear a couple of humans laughing and I smell the salt air, we are near the ocean.
"Let's go kill us some drunks!" Skye shouts.
Arion and Brielle let out a howl and they race off. I follow them, never wanting to refuse a meal, and also curious of them.
A bonfire comes into view and the 'whooping' of the humans gets louder. We stop on a cliff just above them and look down.
Lara and Brielle look at Arion and Reaper. They hold out their left arms and the guys take their hands.
"Pull." Brielle commands. The guys yank off their arms and throw them off the cliff. The humans are curious at the sound and go to investigate.
Brielle nods at Lara and they both throw themselves off the cliff.
"Just watch their faces." Skye laughs.
And he is right. The human's eyes go wide and horror is etched into their faces.
And then shock when the girls jump up at the first two. I laugh as I jump to the ground with the guys.
And then its a feast, no witty puns or long speeches, no one to interrupt. Arms are torn off, necks are ripped open, skulls are crashed. And we have a fun time of doing it. Just as we are all finished and Brielle and Lara are re-attaching their arms, thunder rumbles and lightning strikes. I feel a bit alarmed, the storm came so sudden, but the others look completely un-phased. Lightning strikes again but this time right in front of us.
I jump back and everyone laughs at my reaction.
"And you didn't save any for me!?!" Says a female voice. We all look to the top of the cliff where we were standing. There is an outline of a woman.
"The new guy gets some but I don't?!" A flash of lightning. In that flash, I see a black haired girl with pure white stripes in her hair. Her eyes are dark and cloudy. The wind whips her duster around her legs and her hair comes to life as she jumps down.
"Hey, new guy."
"I'm Gabriel."
"She's Stormy." Lara says.
"So don't get on my bad side," Stormy jokes.
Skye holds out a severed arm to Stormy and she takes it and sucks on what little bit of blood that was left.
"Skye and Stormy are mates," Brielle whispers to me, "So are Arion and Lara."
"Whose your mate? Is it Reaper?"
She runs her hand through my hair, "I'm still unclaimed."
"Secrets!" Reaper shouts.
Damn him for ruining my moment with Brielle!
"Huh?" I say.
"What's your power?" He asks.
"Shape shifter. You?"
"Instant transport."
I look at everyone.
"Super strength," Arion says.
"Super smart," Lara chirps.
I didn't quite understand that but I guess I could ask about it later.
"Ability to make people to see something else," Skye says with a smile.
Stormy obviously controls storms.
"How about you?" I ask Brielle.
"I'll tell you later. Let's go home, the sun is coming up."
She sprinted from me and we all followed. When we got there, all the humans and nomadic vampires were gone, the place was silent and Rodrick was gone.
We all settle onto the couch or into some chairs.
Arion pulls out a deck of cards and we start playing poker. The guys and Brielle, since Stormy and Lara went off somewhere else. Brielle gets up for a second but she is instantly back with Margaret-itas for us.
"So, uh, how long are ya staying for? Not long I hope?" Arion says. Leave it to him to say that!
"Its pretty cool here. I might stay forever." I reply.
"Boys, boys. Relax. Let's solve this like the adults we are." Brielle deals out the cards and we play for me leaving or staying. I had a crappy hand so I folded. It all came down to Arion and Brielle.
Arion had a pair of jacks.
"Not good enough," she lays down a pair of kings, " He stays." Brielle says with a smile.
-Gabriel

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum