Tales of the Lost
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Tales of the Lost

The Secret!

You are not connected. Please login or register

SORROW...

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1SORROW...     Empty SORROW... Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:15 pm

Gabriel*and*Alice

Admin

SORROW(Gabriel's POV)
April 18th, 2011
"What did you say?" I ask in disbelief.
"No." She repeats clear and strong.
"Is it just because I don't have a ring? Have I done something else? Tell me what I can do to change your mind! I will do anything!" I plead to her as she starts walking away.
"You can't do anything, Gabriel. You can't change what happened."
"But, Johanna, I want to spend forever with you! I need to be with you! I love you-"
"Stop saying that!" She shouts. She takes a deep breath and instead says, "You can't love somebody you don't know."
"But I do know you! Your birthday is-"
"That's what you know ABOUT me. That's not me. You think I'm perfect and pure....I'm not. I've done stupid things for stupid reasons. I've gone out at night and waken up the next morning not sure of where I was."
"It doesn't matter."
"I've loved someone and given up everything for him, and then been left with nothing!"
I grit my teeth and repeat, "It doesn't matter. All that matters is us from this point on." I take her hands in mine but she pulls them back and walks away.
"You can't love someone that you don't KNOW. And I can't love you!"
"Why not?" I beg her. I love her. I need her. She is all I can think about and all that I can remember wanting for 621 years that was not blood.
"Because I could never love someone who's ex-girlfriend killed my parents." She forces the words out.
"What?" Was all I could manage to say.
Who-who killed her parents?
"Who did that?" I ask.
"Oh! Don't you play stupid! My parents are dead and you pretend not to know why or what happened! How mature!" She stalks off again but I follow her, needing to know what happened.
"Johanna, I swear that I don't know anything about this! Please tell me."
"Oh really?! You didn't know that your little blonde girlfriend came to my home in Pennsylvania?! And you didn't know that while I was out she tortured and beat my parents?!"
"No. I didn't. Honestly." My heart was breaking at this story! I can't handle her being in so much pain!
"Well, you just try and imagine my pain and shock when I came home and my walls were covered in blood. You just imagine my terror when the lights wouldn't come on and when I couldn't call the police because the power was cut. Imagine me calling out my parents names: 'mom! Dad! Where are you? Please! I need you!' And then, picture running outside because you see three holes in the ground. You look in those holes and see your parents! All bloody and not moving! Lying in a grave! You try to scream but you can't. Something is out there with you but you know you can't escape it. Something flies in front of you and kicks you back. It lands on top of you and punches, kicks, pulls and scratches. All I saw was red. So much red. On me, on the ground, on the girl. She drags me to the third hole and throws me in. The last thing I remember was her standing above me with a knife in her hand. 'You can't have Gabriel,' she says to me, 'He's mine. You will ruin him.' I insisted that I wouldn't, but the girl didn't believe me, 'you dug your grave, now you can lie in it.' She jumped into the hole and cut my wrist right on the vein. There was so much blood. I never knew a body held that much blood." Her voice trails off and her body is shivering in fear.
"I still don't know who did that to you."
"SILVER BLONDE HAIR! LITTLE 15 YEAR OLD GIRL!"
Oh no. It can't be-.
"She took that knife and drew a 'J' on my cheek. I think you know her as Jane!"
No, no, no!! Dammit, Jane!
"Johanna, I am so-"
"Don't you dare finnish that sentence!" She yells, "You don't know what I went through! You didn't see the blood dripping off that knife! You didn't feel yourself dying, to weak to grab the knife and shove it through that girls heart!.....I closed my eyes and didn't wake up for another week. And when I did, my parents were in a coma." She pauses and stares at me and I keep feeling worse and worse, "So, thank you. Thanks a lot."
"Johanna! I didn't know that! Yes I dated Jane, but I didn't feel anything for her like she felt for me."
I heard Jane's evil cackling laughter at all the pain and anger. I bend over doubled in pain.
"Gabriel? What is it?"
I dart straight up, "Where are they?"
She mumbles the name of the hospital. Its a long while away from here but I'm fast. We'll make it in no time at all.
I take her arm and sling her over on my back.
"Where are we going?!" She demands as I take off running.
I ignore her completely and totally for the next few hours. My mind is focused just on getting us to that hospital and not getting into a real fight with Johanna. I am so hungry and so disappointed that at this point, it wouldn't shock me if I made a break for her throat.
The one thing about her that I sometimes could not keep away from, was her arm. I was finally noticing the thin, raised scar along her wrist. I felt horribly for what Jane had done to her life, and I wish I had known about this when we fought Claire so I could've killed Jane myself! Hell is too wonderful of a place for her...she deserves something much worse, something that I couldn't imagine. Perhaps one day I could figure a way to resurrect Jane but all to kill her myself and then re-resurrect her and kill her again! She would pay for what she had done! Some way, she would! My hallucinations started to come back: I saw Jane running alongside of me. Laughing and racing me. I knew I was faster, but somehow she always stayed ahead. Even when she was alive, she was always ahead. She thought to check up on Johanna and eliminate her even when I was sure she was dead. But even that couldn't keep Jane and I together. I was, and always would be, destined to be with Johanna. At least.....I hope so.
The hospital came into sight so I slowed up and Johanna dropped from my back.
"What are you doing?!" She keep shrieking at me.
I try to keep my strength in check as I grab her wrist and pull her into the building.
"What room?" I ask.
"340." She replies.
I pull her towards the left and we walk down the hall.
I must say, seeing some of the people there made me glad that I was a vampire. Some of them had suffered so much and I know that I will never experience their kind of suffering.
I throw open the door of 340 and pull Johanna inside. All is silent when I close the door, except for the beeping of machines and the whirring sounds of monitors.
"Papa? Mama?" Johanna asks coming between both the beds, "Can you hear me?"
When they don't reply after a few minutes, Johanna sees me looking at the machines, "The doctors have them on life support. They say it is the only thing keeping them alive. Earlier they said they wanted to pull the plug on them since neither one of them has brain activity. But I can't let that happen."
"Move." I push her aside and step between her parents resting in the beds. I take my nail and slide it along my wrist until there is a river of red pouring out.
"What are you doing?!" She asks frantically as I move towards her father.
"Do you trust me?"
"Gabriel, I-"
"Do you trust me?" I stare into her eyes.
She doesn't say anything but she backs away slightly. I let my blood run into her fathers mouth and down his throat. Then I turn and do the same to her mother. I step back to watch at what would happen. Johanna and I waited in silence for what was probably 10 minutes.
Silently, and slowly, I turn around and walk towards the door.
"Gabriel?"
I turn off the switch for life support, "I'm sorry." And then I leave the room.
I stand outside and look in the window.
Johanna sinks to her knees between the two beds and starts sobbing. Her shoulders shake and I can hear her sniffling getting louder and louder. She is gasping for breath between tears.
What happens next can only be described as a miracle. And of all people, I do believe that she deserved that miracle.
Her head was buried in her arms on one of the beds, her body shaking. But it wasn't her I was watching. Oh so slowly and almost unnoticed, the father's right hand twitches. Slowly, it moves towards Johanna's and grasps her small hand in his. And if you were to look at her right shoulder, you would see the mothers hand on it. Johanna hasn't realized this yet. She puts her hand on top of the one on her shoulder and clenches it. Feeling the familiarity though, she slowly looks up and her mouth hangs open in shock.
"Papa!" She screams as she jumps into his open arms.
"Mama!" Fresh tears fall as she hugs her mother so tightly.
This time, the tears are ones of joy and happiness.
I let a small smile touch my lips as I turn and walk away. My life seems to move in slow motion as I walk down the hall. For one instant in time, things seem right and there is no threat. Before I leave the building, I tap the shoulder of a doctor, "You are need in room 340."
-Gabriel

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum