Tales of the Lost
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Tales of the Lost

The Secret!

You are not connected. Please login or register

WHAT A PERFORMANCE...

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1WHAT A PERFORMANCE... Empty WHAT A PERFORMANCE... Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:54 pm

Gabriel*and*Alice

Admin

WHAT A PERFORMANCE...
March 27th, 2011
Well, that went decently well. Claire and her army are dead, the husbands are alive and the Cullens are gone. I would say that I had a pretty good day. The worst part of it all: destroying Jane. And a close runner up would be saying goodbye to Carlisle.
Here is the entire story:

Jasper and the entire group are standing around the kitchen table planning everything out. I'm casually leaning against the wall when Carlisle stands next to me. He probably thinks of me as some sort of patient or something. I'm not really paying attention to what is said until I hear them say Jane's name.
"Wait, what?" I ask.
"We are going to disguise ourselves as tourists with the help of Hazel and Heidi," I don't remember who she is, "will bring us in as food. You will have gone a separate way and changed into Jane, you will find the group and lead all the humans out to safety-"
"Why?" I question.
"It doesn't matter. How about so they don't die?" Edward says. He doesn't like me.
I nod.
"Then you will come in and help us kill everyone."
I shrug and Jasper looks at me waiting for an answer. Will I do it? Or not?
I have to grapple with this idea. Being a vampire, I remember too clearly standing in my room in Volterra and making a promise to myself that I would never take Jane's form ever. I promised myself that I would honor her that way, that she is as equal to me and her secrets are what makes her wonderful. I don't want to break a promise to the devil, but then again, I'm already going to Hell. So I say I'll do it. My mind then starts playing tricks on me. Jasper isn't just standing at the table in casual dress. He is Braveheart delivering a speech to his army, he is a commander general in the army. I laugh at the site of Jasper with guns on his belt and that black stuff under his eyes, and dog tags hanging from his neck. They look at me like I'm crazy so I decide to show them what I was laughing at. I open my mind for a second to Faine. The others can see it from her since I don't like them. And she laughs as well. I leave the house to go "shopping" well, stealing from somebody's wardrobe. I grab some army green pants and black combat boots, I skip the weird looking tank top and go for the green t-shirt. I find a black bandanna and tie it around my forehead. Lastly, is the black stuff under the eyes.
"Thanks," I say to the guy I left tied up in the corner of the room.
I barge into the kitchen, "Alright men, if you die today, then know that you died fighting for what is rightfully ours! No retreat. This is the final stand." We all laugh at my joke nervously. It was a joke, but there was so much truth behind it.
"Why?" Jasper asks as I stand next to him. Referring to my outfit.
"Why not?" I reply.
"Fair enough," he says, "Alright, let's go."
We all run out of the house, with all of us except me smelling human. Hazel and this other guy that I don't know also come with us. Apparently, he is also an angel (oh great!) And he is also the voice that Valentina hears in her head. What a freak! I can't believe she named it. And why is it here? We reach the tip of Ireland and are then running across the ocean. As soon as I feel solid ground beneath me, I push my body harder to get there quicker. We are in the main square when I leave them to become bait. Hiding into the shadows, I adopt Jane's figure and her manner. I shrink, one thing that bothers me most about being her is that I'm like a midget now! I circle behind the castle and into a secret entrance only Jane knows about. In a few minutes, I am out of the long corridor and walking into the hall of paintings.
"-and these are the Masters of the castle. Oh! Good afternoon, Jane."
"Heidi." I acknowledge her in that clear and dominant voice of Jane's, "I need half of the group. I have something delicious in store for them."
Heidi wicked grins with me and I take all the real humans of the group away. I led them to the left and hide them in the west wing.
I take 3 at a time to get them out, and I realize that I'm hungry. So I save the last 4 for myself. The first was an old man, the second was a 13 year old girl, the third was some 20 year old punk that was "dragged here by his parents", the last was a 5 year old girl. I only knew why I wanted her after I had tasted her. She was sick, and if she did live, she wouldn't be the same 5 year old girl she was that day. She would have changed, she would have been as alone and angry as me.
Well, that was yummy. Onto phase two of the plan! I find Tristin in his room and Jane's thoughts of wanting to kill him but gauging out his "pretty green eyes and putting them on a stick" come flooding to me.
"Oh, Jane, darling. I thought the castle was being over taken?"
I let Jane's features melt off my body.
"Tristin."
"Gabriel." He says back just as nasty.
So this is what it comes down to. Boyfriend versus boyfriend for Jane's love. Only now, we're fighting for teams.
"You can show someone their worst fear can't you? Show me mine."
He touches my arm and images of me walking the Earth until the end of time sends a shudder through my body.
"You are afraid to live forever. You are afraid to love and to be loved." Tristin says.
"True. But, you know, you on the other hand are so predictable," I walk the room and snuff out all the candles, "I don't need a special power to be able to tell your worst fear." The entire room is plunged into darkness as I circle around him, "You are afraid that you can't change Jane. You are afraid that 'the beauty hidden by the monster' can't come out," I know his thoughts, "But besides that, you are afraid that you can never escape her to be with your Amelia again."
"Speaking of Amelia, here, this is for you." He punches me in the jaw.
I wrap my hand around his throat and I squeeze, "I don't take kindly to messages."
I drop him.
"You are crazy Tristin, you are defeated. Listen to my words, you know I speak the truth." He nods and kneels on the ground.
"I hope you enjoy seeing your Amelia," I raise my hand, "and your Jane." I snap his neck off as his head rolls across the floor. I burn the body, put out the fire and then leave his room. I put on my Jane disguise again and walk down the hall. In the picture room before the throne room, I see the real Jane locking all the doors. Nice going Jane. She doesn't know that she is trapping herself inside.
I walk up to her and she jumps seeing herself.
"What the-?" She doesn't have time to respond.
I press my lips to hers. Jane kissing Jane. I open my eyes and she has hers open. Who kisses with their eyes open?! I let my Jane facade slip away so it is the real me kissing her and her eyes go wide. Then I put my Jane costume back on again. She ends our kiss and runs to go get the husbands.
I open the door to the throne room and slip inside.
Bastien is taking powers away.
"Those three," I point to the kids, "Leave their powers."
I open a side door, "Run." I say. The kids dart out and I chase after them.
I have them in the basement now. No way out except the way we came in. Three kids versus an 621 year old vampire. A piece of cake! You would think I was a dead man (haha! Not funny) since I didn't have any idea what powers I was up against. Well, obviously, I ended up fine. So first up was finding the prey that had vanished. I grabbed some gun powder since the basement was partly used as weapon storage and threw it into the air. At last, I got what I was looking for, the powder settled around a figure.
"So we have an invisible girl, do we?". She doesn't realize that gun powder is resting on her shoulders. I sigh, and strike a match, I throw it at her and she bursts into flames, flailing her arms and running around the room like a chicken without a head.
"Come out, come out wherever you are." I say in a deep voice.
A little girl comes running over to her sister, sad to see that she is dead and can't be helped.
I whistle, "You. The stars are aligned, today, you have the same fate as your sister." I say mimicking an fortune teller.
I move to attack her.
"Freeze." I do as she commands. "An mind controller? Awesome."
"Shut up." She snaps, I obey, "now, run in place." That stupid, stupid little girl! She's going to burn!!
"Ahaha! This is so much fun!" She dances around and giggles.
I really, REALLY want to kill her. And I will enjoy it!
"Alright, alright. At ease soldier," she laughs again.
I take this chance to kill her. Before she can tell me to stop, I have Changed and taken her form.
I issue the command, "Die." To my delight she jumps into the fire that was her sister and screams as she burns. Muahahaha!
"Two down, one to go. Come out, come out and I promise I won't hurt you." I lie.
I hear a whisteling sound, I move slightly to the left and hear the sound of a knife being embedded into the wall.
I laugh and pull the knife out. The boy is clever, he can hide before I find him. Well, let's take this someplace else then. I go towards the back of the basement. There, I see many mirrors, like when you go to a tailor and they put you on a platform to fit your clothes. I rearrange the mirrors into a maze and enter. The whole time I am thinking that Aro must really have liked looking at himself.
Then there is my opportunity, I see the boy. We make eye contact for a second and I know what his power is. I quickly look away, he can turn you to stone. So I close my eyes and use my other sense to get me through this maze. I duck behind some mirrors, but the boy has realized that I'm running from him. He smashes through the mirrors and finds me against the wall, looking as relaxed as usual.
"What are you happy about?" He asks.
"This." I grab a shard of mirror and hold it in front of his face.
When I bring the piece away, the little vampire boy is nothing but stone.
I laugh maniacaly as I take the knife and stab it where his heart is. Blood starts pouring out around the wound as I strike another match.
"Its time to heat things up a bit." His body bursts into flames as he joins his sisters in Hell.
I leave the basement to find all the wives hugging and kissing their husbands. Angrily, I stomp to Aro's throne and flop onto it. Hhmm, comfy! I swing my legs over the handles and lay their, relaxing.
"Your highness, the terror and scourge of the world, King of the living." Carlisle bows in front of me.
"You must be mistaking me for someone else, friend. I am King of the Dead. I sit on a throne of skulls, and am personally advised by the devil, instead of fine wine I drink the blood of the innocent. I am the King of the Dead."
"Maybe. But you are still a King. Or, you could be." He pauses. "I came to say goodbye to my successful patient. My family is leaving from here."
"You weren't successful, doctor. I am still going to die. I promise you that."
"Here." He drops something into my hand. I look at it and laugh.
A dog tag. Just like the ones I pictured Jasper wearing. It says my name and place of birth. Then it says LOYALTIES: CULLEN AND KERRY.
I smile and slip it around my neck.
"You are part of a family. Whether you believe it or not." Carlisle says with his hand on my shoulder.
"I can't take it. I'm going to die."
"Well, nobody should die alone."
I follow him to the double doors.
Faine looks at me.
I shake my head, "Not yet. Surprise me with my death." The boys put out the last fire and then we all go home. The end.
-Gabriel

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum