Tales of the Lost
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Tales of the Lost

The Secret!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Going hunting Kerry-Style :D

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Going hunting Kerry-Style :D Empty Going hunting Kerry-Style :D Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:28 am

Admin

Admin
Admin

Bastien and I went downstairs when we heard Valentina calling us. On the way down the stairs I smelled a new scent. Kind of earthy and spicy. I heard controlled angry voices of Faine and Alec and the newcomer. The others of my family were saying to stop, leave her alone. What’s wrong with you? We thought you were our friend! Then I heard him say
“Where’s my room, don’t touch me.” Faine came up the stairs, her face looking shocked and she was followed by a gorgeous man with black hair and blacker eyes. He was drool some, but rude, he pushed past us up the stairs after Faine. Why isn’t Alec with her? When this brute is walking behind her. I panicked for just a moment until I noticed Bastien had stood in front of me, protecting me I smiled at the back of his head and snuggled my arm around his torso and pulled him closer. Faine faced down the stairs after a door slammed and she flew into Alec’s arms. He pulled her tightly to him. The buzz in the living room was shock.
“What happened to Gabriel?” Valentina piped up and pointed to her head
“We need to give him some time; he’s been to hell and back.” There were nods of understanding then. After a while when things had settled down to normal and the handsome stranger was forgotten about I asked Faine who he was.
“He’s an old friend of ours named Gabriel. But he left us to go and fight some demons of his past. My guess is he found them, fought them and won but now he has to recover. Be nice to him Lottie please, he’s important to us.” I nodded and smiled. Of course I’ll be nice to him, he’s gorgeous. I’ll probably be too tongue tied or say something stupid and wish the ground will open up and swallow me anyway.
“Everyone can I have your attention please? This is my friend Bastien and he wishes to stay with us for a bit if that’s ok. He can share my room. Please I need him.” I asked Bastien in his head if it would be ok to share his gifts with my family. He nodded although looked slightly alarmed. I told him it would be better if they knew as they think he’s dangerous. So he nodded again.
“Bastien is talented and may seem dangerous to some but his gifts like ours are unique. He can stare at you and give you momentary amnesia and he also has the power to steal gifts and they never are restored. He can’t use the gifts once stolen and he doesn’t know where they go all he knows is that it renders the vampire useless and vulnerable. He will not use any gifts on us. He has promised.”
“We shall give you a trial Bastien” said Faine in the meantime make yourself at home and welcome to the Kerry clan. Bastien nodded, relief evident on his face. Valentina clapped her hands and declared she was going to go hunting. She was getting a bit hysterical. I brightened up immediately when she asked me and Bastien to go too.
“Oh goodie, human time” we both said. Demitri interrupted us and said
“No, Kerry style hunting…….animals blood round here, you know that Lottie.” Bastien got a pained look on his face. I could tell the idea of him drinking animal blood disgusted him. The screams from a human are far more fun. I grabbed his hands. Demitri and he got into a standoff over drinking animal blood. Demitri was offering to go with us and to be honest while I had made peace with him when we got home from New York; I had told him that Hazel had helped me to see what actually happened before he bit me, that he was forgiven. I actually had a chance to choose this life myself, I just couldn’t seem to get that easy-going friendliness I have with say Alec or Valentina. She’s so sweet. A bit odd but sure aren’t we all. Anyway back to my story. Demitri and Bastien were having a standoff and I cracked up laughing at the two of them and said
“Ok grandad, Kerry style hunting it is, any excuse to get out of this morgue has to be a good thing and me and Bastien burst out laughing. I noticed even Valentina was smirking at us. So we left. Bastien was very funny making faces at me while I was draining my ‘vegetarian happy meal’ as he called it and asked if I wanted a coke and fries with it. But he went a few shades of green after tasting his ‘bloody Mary’.
“Uggh, that’s disgusting, you can’t expect me to get used to that. It’s like 5 degrees colder than human blood.” He tried again for Valentina and me but each time he said it was cruel that he should be made do this. He was a human blood drinker not a vegetarian. Suddenly Valentina dropped to her knees screaming and holding her head and then got up and took off running so fast home that we had a hard time keeping up with her. As we got closer I could smell the new scents. Who was here now? Friends or enemies? Going by the atmosphere outside, it was decidedly enemy. Katy was screaming inside, the room was all messy, the new guy Gabriel was just going up the stairs holding his head, and he seemed very upset. Had he done this? Faine was nowhere to be seen; neither were the rest of the family. Had there been a fight? War? What the hell had happened here? Valentina went up to Katy and asked what happened?
“I couldn’t stop them, Jane was here and some others I didn’t recognise and they’ve taken the old guard with them.” What does that mean the old guard, surely not Faine and Alec and the others? They were the old guard weren’t they? I could feel myself starting to panic. Wait what are they saying now?
“She was unable to protect anyone.” Who was unable to protect anyone? Katy? Who
“Who?” I asked in a shaky voice. I felt Bastien put his arm around my shoulder.
“Faine was unable to do anything to stop them she just seemed to not be here at all.” Replied Katy.” Valentina ran out the door screaming and Faine returned but while she looked the same her eyes showed that she was lost. She was muttering to herself. I couldn’t make any sense out of what she was saying…she was talking about Mary and Sean and Paddy as if they were alive! What the hell had happened to my friend? Why is she talking about getting Sean’s tea ready? What about Alec? Doesn’t she realise that he’s gone? He’s been kidnapped? What has happened to my mom? Yeah, Faine is my new mom and my sister. I felt scared and lost again so I painted my barrier around the two of us and hugged her to me. She was babbling about Kalib and Seamus out for a walk and how she must get his tea ready.
“He loves his supper; it’s his favourite meal of the day. Loads of sausages and mash!” (Potatoes). It was very weird seeing my friend like this. What happened for her to regress like this? Bastien was nearby but letting me free to hug Faine. He was staring off into space. A scared look on his face. I must contact Jordan. So I tried but the damn thing is out of range won’t even let me leave a message. Texts aren’t going through either. She’d know what to do if I could only get through to her. Drat. Valentina came back, shoulders slumped, totally dejected and beyond crying.
“I can’t find them anywhere, no trace of their scent anywhere; it’s as if they’ve vanished.” She stays on the floor where she came in and Katy rushed to her hugging her as best she could and the two howled in pain. When all was quiet I asked Katy to explain what had happened and who was gone. Taking on the role of the only sane person not wrecked with grief.
“The old guard; my beloved Felix, Alec, Demitri, Chelsea and Afton have all been taken. They left, looking around them strangely as if they were wondering what they were doing here in our home” she said brokenly.
“Jane and Tristan and some new vampires I’ve never seen before knocked and came barging in and said that they were taking the old guard back to where they belonged. Faine and I were trying to stop them but suddenly both of us were unable to use our talents or stop them. Alec went rushing up to give Jane a hug and wondered why he was here? She told him he had been kidnapped and she was here to bring him home. And he left happily with her as if they were the best of buddies. I cried out for them to come back but Jane laughed evilly and said
“Too late, they’re ours now!” I raced up to get Gabriel but he’s useless, just staring up at the ceiling, but when he finally did come down he got very upset and went back upstairs again. Faine started screaming, suddenly stopped and ran out the door and then you came home.”
I tried again to ring Jordan. But failed miserably. Then I sat down with Valentina and Bastien. Katy had gone up to her room. Valentina stands up and starts pacing the room and then she asks me to step outside that she wants to talk to me alone. Bastien stands up too but I pat his arm and tell him I’ll be fine. Outside however I could have done with his arms to support me cause Valentina says she’s leaving for a few days and will be back then. She doesn’t say why or anything but she confirms that yes she will indeed be back. She told me to keep trying to contact Jordan. I even tried telepathy at one stage to see could I get into Jordan’s mind from a distance but even I’m not that good. I was going up to my room to get some pictures of Faine and Alec together in the hopes that the pictures would hopefully jog Faine’s memory and I heard groaning from Gabriel’s room. I know Valentina told me not to go near him but I couldn’t help myself. I went and knocked timidly on his door. There was no answer. He seemed to be crying so I walked into his room and introduced myself. He jumped up trying to protect me from something but as I turned around there was nothing there. I found him to be alluring but odd at the same time. It’s hard to think how this gorgeous man could fit in as a friend with the Kerry clan. However I told him there was no-one else in the room besides ourselves. He was muttering to himself about a burnt hand but all I could see was perfection. I take hold of his hand looking for the burnt bit he’s talking about but there’s nothing wrong with it. His skin feels so soft and there’s a current running through me from his touch. I say to him that they told me about a great fighter and a skillful shape shifter that helped defeat the Volturi. Where is he? Where is that Gabriel? But of course he doesn’t answer and then he mumbles something to me.
“What’s that” I ask.
“I’m Lost” he replies. Oh God, I know all about being lost. I’ve been more lost than found since losing Ruby. I stare at him and then I left the room. Adam and Karen come when they hear that Faine is in trouble and we are all sitting down in the living room trying to discuss a plan to get our friends back when Gabriel comes down again looking like he was the devil incarnate himself and stared at me. I don’t know why he’s staring at me? He excites me rather than frightens me. I offer to leave here with him and see what he’s got to offer but he just glares at me and storms out the door. I hear him climb in his window again. What’s his deal?

https://talesofthelost.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum