Tales of the Lost
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Tales of the Lost

The Secret!

You are not connected. Please login or register

The call

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1                  The call Empty The call Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:31 am

Admin

Admin
Admin

“Oh God, Paddy help me, Seamus has fallen and split his head. PADDY where are you?” I whispered calling the dog Kalib. I felt his warm tongue lick my fingers. I looked lovingly down and got down on my knees and pulled him close to me, fondling his soft silky ears.
“Oh Kalib, you’re so loyal, you’ll never leave me, will you. I really miss them. You do too fella don’t you?” He responded with a whine and licking my chin. He nuzzled his head under my arm. Something he did as a puppy for security.
“We have lost all that is dear to us Kalib, but at least we have each other.” I thought sadly, rubbing his back.
“Oh thank God, you’re coming back to us Faine. You’ve been so out of it since Alec left.” I looked up in shock.
“Who are you please and why do you keep talking to me about Alec leaving. Who is he? “I asked puzzled.
“Oh Faine, I’m Lottie, and Bastien is here too.”
“Sorry but why are you talking to me at all. Don’t you know who I am? I’m a monster you should run away while you still can. That’s why my family have left me all alone. Oh my God, Seamus! Paddy where did you find him? Seamus darling can you hear me lovey?” I picked up Seamus’ body and brought him upstairs to his bedroom. But where is his bedroom gone? I’ll worry about that later; I’ll put him in his parent’s bedroom for now. I dressed his head.
“Paddy get some more blankets from the hot press, he’s shivering with the cold, poor little dickens. I got the first aid box from Mary’s wardrobe and proceeded to stitch his head. Kalib was beside him licking the wound every now and then and poor ole Seamus flinching at every stitch. I began to hum the song my mother did and it calmed me and Seamus down.
“Thanks Paddy, he’s warmer now. I have some herbs I need to collect and I’ll call Mary and let her know not to worry. I dialled Mary’s number. “Hi Mary, I forced a brightness into my voice that wasn’t there.
“Hello, how’s the holiday going? Mary your voice sounds different, have you got a cold?”
“Faine, this is Jordan, is everything alright?”
“It’s okay Mary, I just rang to tell you that Seamus fell and hurt his head, but he’s fine, I stitched his head for him and me and Paddy and Kalib are minding him. He’s really comfortable. I’m just picking some comforting herbs and plants for him. He’s in a little pain. No, not at all, no need to come home.”
“FAINE, WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG?”
“What do you mean Mary? I just told you, have we a bad line?”
“Are you playing a joke on me Faine?”
“No” I said, hurt that she’d even think that.
“Why would I play tricks on you Mary? I was just telling you that Seamus got hurt and that he’s fine.” Mary started screaming and roaring at me so I hung up the phone. God, if he were my child I’d like to know that he got hurt while I was away, to give me a chance on how to react when I saw him without upsetting him all over again. I grabbed my herbs and plants angrily and stomped home in a rage. On the way I thought I saw Paddy so I sat down on his wall to wait for him, kind of surprised he wasn’t with Seamus. I thought perhaps I was seeing things. So I went home to Seamus, but he wasn’t in his bed? Instead there was a man with a beautiful face and the most gorgeous eyes lying back on it.
“Faine, you’ve come back to me….they told me you were lost.”
“Who are you? My chest was feeling tight again.”
“I’m Alec, your husband, you don’t know me? Faine what’s wrong love?” His voice was so gentle that I fell to my knees, looking down, terrified that I’d lost my mind because I really didn’t know who he was yet I felt I should at the same time. When I looked up again he was just disappearing in the mist that had crept up around my body. It was enveloping me so I screamed out
“ALEC, DON’T LEAVE ME PLEASE, I’M SO LOST WITHOUT YOU.” Next thing I was aware of was Lottie and Bastien sitting on the couch near me discussing how to help me and bring me back. Then I ran out the door screaming because it was not my imagination at all. He really is gone. The despair I felt was my undoing. I see a dark haired girl running towards me with her arms open wide and she says
“Faine, it’s me Jordan, don’t you remember? You have to come back to me now Faine, Alec needs your help. Please remember us we need you please.” I stared at her. Who is this now? Why are they all asking me to come back? From where? I’m home aren’t I? I looked around wildly and saw a most welcome sight. My brother Adam and his wife Karen. I ran to him and wrapped my arms around him tightly. Adam you’ve come home. As I hugged him it reminded me of a different set of arms that hugged me as closely. Arms that I felt completely safe in. Alec’s arms. Adam, who is Alec? I feel like I should know him but I can’t remember who he is. Karen was linking arms with the Jordan girl. Maybe she wasn’t so strange after all. I had a flashback of a wedding…..and Lottie and the boy……and dancing in Alec’s arms and feeling loved and safe…….and
“Jordan” I said rushing to her. “I remember who you are…..and Alec, OH MY GOD what happened to Alec, why did he go and hug Jane and ignore me? Why did he leave me? Why couldn’t I use my gifts? Why couldn’t I remember anything? Oh my God, I’ve been so confused. Why couldn’t I help the others? I felt completely powerless. I had the same feelings of breathlessness that I had in New York when Hazel told me of things that were going to happen, but she never said they were going to take the old guard. Why is Jane here? I should have killed that bitch when I had the chance. Valentina and Hazel walked in just then and I raced over to her, grabbing her by the shoulders
“You promised all would be well. But it’s not it’s horrible. My Alec is not here. My poor brother is here comforting me instead.” Hazel was muttering
“This wasn’t supposed to happen.” I started screaming at her and anyone else around me then. I couldn’t control the frightening feelings I was having. Karen came up and slapped me hard across the face.
“Faine, cop on girly, screaming and stomping and blaming won’t bring him back, action will!”
I looked at her and then fell into her arms sobbing. This was all too much for me and I couldn’t take anymore, next thing I crumbled and went off into my happy place again. Hazel had muttered something over me and I saw no more for a while. I was grateful to just sit there and watch the great white shapes of clouds go by. Relaxed and calm I came round again and with a firm look on my face I declared war on the bitches who stole my family.
“We’re gonna build our own army and kiss some ass!”

https://talesofthelost.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum