Tales of the Lost
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Tales of the Lost

The Secret!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Manners....

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Manners.... Empty Manners.... Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:14 pm

Gabriel*and*Alice

Admin

MANNERS
March 19th, 2011
I try to ignore the hands reaching out from the darkness and Her words of temptation. My fangs are extended with anticipation and venom is filling my mouth with the thought of sucking the life from somebody. Its not that I'm starving, its not even that I'm even a bit hungry, its just that I wanna kill some people! I wanna sink my teeth into their neck, I want to feel their wasted struggle to survive, I want to taste the last of their life dripping warm and fast down my throat. My body is buzzing with the thought of a fresh kill, the screams of regret, my moans as I finnish their life.
I try to hide my fangs away but I'm too excited now. Instead I focus on what is downstairs. We have two new people that I don't know, then there's Jordan and Faine and Valentina and Katy, and another I don't know. I find myself opening the door and walking down the stairs. All of them are perched around the room talking. They stop and stare as I quietly drift towards the back and sit on the couch. I don't say anything so they resume their conversation. One of the new girls won't stop looking at me. She is scrutinizing my every move and my every feature. She glares at me and squints her eyes like she thinks I'm the devil.
I flash her a pointy smile and she flinches a little.
"'Gabriel, this is Hazel. Hazel, Gabriel.'" Valentina says catching our stare off.
Neither of us says anything. There is something not right about her, all the sudden, an absolutely repulsive smell hits me. Worse than dead fish, worse than rotting corpses, worse than garbage! Hazel laughs when she notices that I stopped breathing.
"'Hazel is an angel.'" Valentina says happily.
That's why I don't like her, its obvious now. I can practically see giant white wings and a gold halo above her head. She disgust me!! If she hates me half as much as I hate her, then I really must be some form of evil or something. I learn that the nice couple sitting with Faine at the table is her brother, Adam, and his wife, Karen. Karen is a lovely girl with a nice smile and a firm grasp around Adam's waist.
None of these people will be any fun! Damn them all! I shift my attention to Lottie and Bastien. I don't even try to hide the fact that I'm observing them. I stare openly and intensely at her. She sees my gaze and nods, obviously telling me that she is as bored as I am. She tilts her head towards the door asking me if I want to go hang out away from these losers. I shake my head but stand up and walk out the front door. They all stare and mutter 'where is he going?' Before I left, I glared at Lottie telling her not to come. Let them all think what they want, let them think I've gone hunting. I climb back into my room, the sunlight bothered my eyes too much. I look at my reflection in the mirror. I guess I did look kind of scary. My hair was hanging over my eyes, my red eyes were rimmed in black tiredness. I pulled open my shirt and saw the jagged marks from Her running across my chest. Seeing my dishelved appearance and stare of death in the mirror, I did think I looked evil. Whatever. I don't care. I walk towards the bed but hear someone coming so I dart behind the door to the room. Jordan opens the door and walks into the room not realizing that I was still there. The first thing she looks at are the paintings. She gets frightened at Her picture. The one with the thorns and then gasps when she sees mine with the blood splattered everywhere. Then she starts going through my stuff! Really Jordan?!? She empties all the money onto my floor and sighs of frustration. Well, what does she think she's goona find?! Does she really think I killed someone and kept their heart?!? Mmmm- don't answer that. Technically I was already dead when I did that.
She opens up the dresser drawer and finds what I hoped she wouldn't: my heart. She holds up the jar I put it in and looks at it.
"'Oh my god! What have you done?'" She says aloud.
Its like someone told her to run for her life because all of the sudden she is standing and running out of the room. I was too fast for her though, I moved to block the exit and she ran right into me. Jordan fell back and trembled at my brooding presence.
"'O-oh. I didn't know you w-were here.'" She stutters.
"'Of course you didn't.'" I spit out.
Jordan looked down to my chest and saw my scars. I quickly pull my shirt closed, "'Didn't anyone ever teach you any manners? Don't you know its rude to go through someone's personal property?'" I say with acid in my voice.
"'I didn't know you were here-'"
"'That isn't an excuse.'" I don't want her meddling in my affairs!
"'Gabriel, we just want to help.'"
Oh damn. Jordan and I go through a moment. What I mean is that my mental barrier slipped and she was just waiting to get into my mind. Her eyes go wide with terror and she starts shaking again. I compose myself and slam down my mental barrier.
"'Get out. Now.'" I growl.
You didn't have to ask her twice. Jordan is gone in a flash, probably off to cry in Josh's arms and gossip to her friends about the monster living upstairs.
I sit on the bed and think to myself. I knew what Jordan saw, but that doesn't mean that she did. To me it was Her nails slicing open my chest, it was blood splattering across my vision and Hell's torture leaving me with my loves skeleton. It was Her soulless eyes and blue blood oozing across my vision. To Jordan it was probably just a splash of color. Black backgrounds painted with buckets of blood, splashes of blue oozing down the side and glints of light reflecting from fangs and a flash of nails being dragged across your vision. I sat on the bed and wondered how Josh put up with her? I mean, she's so nosy!

Eventually, unavoidably, Faine enters my room and stands by the door.
"'We need to talk-'"
"'So talk.'" I say.
She looks into my eyes and shudders at what she sees: nothing.
"'We need to get the guys and Chelsea back.'"
I wait but she doesn't continue, "'What do you want me to do about it?'"
She looks at me like I'm crazy. "'Uh, help us! Help us get them back!'"
I put my hands behind my head and lay back on the bed, "'Why should I? They didn't mean anything to me.'"
"'How could you say that? They helped free you-'"
"'I was always free to do what I wanted-'"
"'You helped free us! We must've meant something to you if you helped us escape?'"
"'I have reasons for disliking most of you.'" She didn't say anything so I continued, "'Alec made me get rid of Jane. I liked her,'" Faine didn't like hearing his name when he wasn't around, "'Chelsea is too sarcastic, Afton is never around, Demetri tries to hard, I don't know Felix, Valentina I don't talk to, Josh is like a human except he sparkles, Jordan lays her heart out for all to see, and you are the instigator.'"
So many minutes of quite pass between us.
"'Are those bad things? Is it bad that Jordan trusts everyone? Is it bad that she thinks much better of everyone than they really are?'"
"'She could and will get hurt easier-'"
"'Is it bad that I wanted to help them? Look, they were all happier away from there! We are all happy and free-'"
"'But who isn't happy?! Who's lives did you have to destroy to be happy?'" I roar, "'Jane is replaced. Not even dead, but replaced! Isn't it bad enough to be killed when there is still so much to do? But instead you brainwash her and put someone's mind in there? And what about Aro and Caius?! You disrupted the entire chain of vampires. You changed our world by killing them.'"
She shook her head, "' It was for the best.'"
"'Who's best?! Their's?! Aro's and Caius's?! Jane's?! Or yours? Was it all just for you precious Alec?'" I have no idea where this is all coming from.
"'STOP! ENOUGH!'" I pushed her over the edge by bringing Alec into this.
"'I didn't come here to listen to my family be made fun of. I came here because we need you to get them back. We need you to help us fight this battle.'"
"'Your asking me to kill more people for your happiness.'" I stated flatly.
"'Gabriel! Please! After all we have been through!'"
I turn my back on her and wait for her to leave.
"' Why should you get your happily ever after with Alec when I've lost two? Why should you get your Alec and I shouldn't get my Catia and Johanna?!? Why did god make you special?!'" I mutter sarcastically.
I sit on the floor and more dark thoughts bubble and brew inside of me. I let them rise until I'm back to the point of insanity.
Let the interventions begin! Valentina comes in and talks to me about how it feels to lose a loved one ,"'Its worse than dying! You feel your heart ripping in half-'"
No shit sherlock! I've lost my daughter, my love, my masters, my maker....who else can I possibly lose?? Damn, Valentina, I know what it feels like! I glare at her and she leaves. Next up, Faine's brother. I don't know him, he doesn't know me.
"'So your depressed, huh?'" He says.
I look at him like 'are you serious?'
"'Alright. Great talking to you.'" Adam hurries out of the room.
I'm alone again! Thank god!
Jordan walks in and sits down next to me. Great! Just peachy! I slowly turn my head to the left and glare at her and give a growl. She just beams a smile and grabs my hand.
"'I know I was a little bit harsh earlier. I'm sorry.'" I pull my hand away. "'I just want you to know that I'm not here to bother you or try and convince you help us fight. I'm just here to talk with you!'" A happy smile. Too happy.
She fights for control of my hand again, "'So what's your favorite color? Mines pink!'" She shrieks happily.
I don't answer her and she doesn't care, she just keeps blabbing away.

By the end of 5 hours, my ears are bleeding (its a joke) and I want to kill myself. It amazes me that she hasn't once stopped talking for the entire 5 hours! How can she find that much to say?!? Most of it was stupid useless stuff about favorites and what not. I start banging my head against the wall but she hardly even notices.
"'-and once I had a puppy and we were going for a walk and-'"
"'Oh my god! Jordan, shut up!'" I interrupted her, "'Jordan, I don't care about your stupid animal!'" I got up to stand in front of the mirror. The red eyes and black shadows, the long messy hair. I looked tired and angry, I was. Who wouldn't be after talking to Jordan?!? I can't take seeing myself any more. I can't take eating any more, I- I can't take existing anymore.
I start towards the door.
"'Where are you going?'" Jordan shrieks.
"'To strike a bargain.'" I say.
"'Are you sure? Did you think it through?'"
"'Jordan, shut up.'" I am done with her, completely done.
I walk out of my room but remember that I forgot something, so I peep my head around the corner.
"'I understand that congratulations are in order.'" I say. Jordan looks confused so I hold up my left hand and point to the ring finger, "'Congratulations.'" I wink at her.
She smiles, thinking that she has gotten me back, as I walk out the door. How wrong she is.
I barge into Faine's room, she looks up a bit startled.
"'Alright, I'll help you get them back and destroy this new Volturri.'" She smiles, "'But, I have a condition.'"
"'Anything. What is it?'" Her eyes glittered at the thought of getting Alec back.
"'Kill me.'" Her draw drops, she wasn't expecting that.
I take a shaky breath, I just have to remember that this is what I want, "'After this is all over, I want you to kill me. Rip my head off, tear away my limbs, I don't care, be creative with it. But burn me. Make sure I can never come back.'" There is a pause as she thinks this over.
I hold out my hand to her, "'Do we have a deal? Your family in exchange for my death?'"
She thinks this over for a while, but finally, she takes my hand and shakes it.
I leave her and smile to myself as I wander down the hall. Again, I've gotten what I want and I'm about to kill another demon: Myself.
-Gabriel

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum