Tales of the Lost
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Tales of the Lost

The Secret!

You are not connected. Please login or register

HOME IS WHERE THE HEART IS...

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1HOME IS WHERE THE HEART IS... Empty HOME IS WHERE THE HEART IS... Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:06 pm

Gabriel*and*Alice

Admin

HOME IS WHERE THE HEART IS….
March 8th, 2011
When I last left off I had knocked on the door of the house that they all live in.
Alec opens the door, “’Gabriel!’” I stride in and he closes the door behind me.
Valentina, Chelsea and Katy try to hug me but I won’t let them. I put my hands in front of me like a barrier and I growl at them.
“’We thought you were dead!’” They shrieked.
“’Oh, we forget how grumpy you are. We’re so sorry for caring about you, Your Highness.’” Chelsea said sarcastically. I let out another low rumble from my throat.
I never used to growl, I guess I’m just not used to any company at all. Actually, come to think of it, I growled a lot when I was at-. Well, when I was with-. While I was in-. I was with-. With HER.
“’Oh, Gabriel! Gabriel!’” Katy starts but I stop listening.
Wait- What is that? I feel something prickling my mind. It’s trying to get into my thoughts. I whirl around to find Faine concentrating on me.
Before anybody knows what going on, I grab Faine’s throat and shove her into the nearest wall. She is clawing at my hands trying to get me to let go. I don’t hear anything. I know they are shrieking at me and yelling but I can’t hear it. Nobody is using their power on me but I’m blocking it out. Having Faine struggling in my grasp brings back the feeling of predator-prey. My vision becomes a foggy red, like blood in the water. Then I feel Alec on my back pounding at me and trying to get me to let go. I throw my one hand back and he flies into the wall. It was as easy as swatting away a fly.
I turn back to Faine, “’Stay out of my head!’” The words come out in a low, hostile rumble. I’ve never heard myself speak like that before! And, surprise! My fangs were fully out, which means I wanted her to challenge me. I wanted it more than anything! I still felt her inside me, trying to find my memories. But, she wasn’t going to find them fast enough.
I slammed down a mental barrier and she flinched back in pain, “’Stay. Out. Of. My. Mind.’” I repeated again slowly, but just as angrily. I let go of her and immediately Alec is at her to make sure she is okay. I spin around and find all of the guys in front of their wives. What! So now I’m the enemy!
“’My room.’” I say in a controlled voice. Faine walks forward and up the stairs. I follow her. As I am leaving the room, I catch a glimpse of a newborn vampire. A girl, she has jet black hair and looks about 16. I forget about her instantly and Faine lets me into a room with a window.
“’I hope this is fine for you, Gabriel?’”
I didn’t answer. I pulled the blinds closed on the window so it was pitch black and sat on the floor with my back to the door.
“’Gabriel-’”
I closed my eyes, “’Get out.’” She didn’t move, “’Now.’” I thundered. She closed the door and left me.
I took my heart out of the bag and held it in my palm. What have I done? What has she done to me? I haven’t felt the need to feed since…since before I went to Her castle. I haven’t growled at anybody since I growled at Alec for threatening Jane. I- I can hear them downstairs as if they were in this very room with me! I’m not the same to them. And they aren’t the same to me! They pretend they are humans living in this house, having weddings, and giving out hugs! They aren’t humans, they’re monsters! Walkers of the night, drinkers of blood, thief’s of souls, destroyers of lives. We aren’t playing house for Gods sake!
Oh my God! What has- She- done to me?? It’s like I’m not a vampire anymore- I’m much more powerful. Does that make me a God now?
I stare at my heart as if it holds all the answers and I feel a tingling in my chest where it was slashed open.
“’What does one do when they have seen everything? When the have nothing to live for?’” I pause, “’Do they die?’” I feel my chest burning again but I also taste Her blood dripping down my throat and I groan like I was actually tasting it.
“’Die,’” I throw my heart at the wall disgusted by it, “’I can’t.’” And then I put my back to it. I put my face in my hands and wish I could cry. Hah! Not like it would do me any good! Hah!
-Gabriel

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum